The Farmers Faire Guide
The Farmers Faire is an annual event in The Lord of the Rings Online celebrating summer with food, fishing, and more! Read on to learn more about the festival, how to get there, and what to expect when you arrive.
How to Get Started
When the Farmers Faire is active on the live game worlds you will see a quest called “The Farmers Faire Has Arrived!” in your Quest Actions Available UI. Accepting and completing this quest will award you maps to both Bywater and The Party Tree! Use these maps to transport yourself to these two main festival locations, and speak to the NPCs to start playing the Farmers Faire!
Here are the locations where The Farmers Faire takes place:
- Bywater (31.9S, 69.8W): This is one of the main hubs for the event, and is located east of Hobbiton. Numerous fishing and other quests can also be found just northwest of Bywater in a lovely fishing spot!
- The Party Tree (29.8S, 71.5W): This is another one of the main hubs for the event, and you can find the rewards vendor, event quests, and more here. The Party Tree is located north of Hobbiton in The Shire, on The Hill.
- Ered Luin: Several locations in Ered Luin are home to Farmers Faire events, including:
- Thorin's Hall: Traveling to Thorin's Gate at 15.0S, 103.6W puts you next to a Horse to the Keg-Races.
- Celondim (28.1S, 92.1W): Gaellien the Quartermaster can be found here as part of one of the Fishing Quests.
- Duillond (24.4S, 93.2W): There is a Festival Horse to the Party Tree next to Colchyl the Stable-Master, and the quests can be found a bit southeast of the Stable-Master.
- The Bree-land Pond south of the Skirmish Camp in Chetwood (33.0S, 50.0W): Will Hindmarsh is a Quartermaster and can be found here as part of one of the fishing quests.
- The Horsefields: The two race courses are available in the Bree-fields near the Festival Grounds [24.9S, 52.0W] and the Delving Fields in The Shire [36.3S, 73.2W] .
Make sure to start your Farmers Faire with a visit to Campanula Chubb, located near The Party Tree by the Festival Rewards Vendor, and in Bywater near the rewards vendor and horses, to pick up the following quests:
- A Sunny Faire Day: This quest asks you to take part in ten Farmers Faire activities, and completing the quest awards Legendary Item XP along with Farmers Faire Tokens.
- Fun at the Faire: This quest is available after acquiring “A Salutation to Faire Days” and is completed by completing “A Sunny Faire Day” five times. There are multiple stages of this quest.
- A Salutation to Faire Days: There are fifteen days worth of “A Sunny Faire Day” and “Fun at the Faire” Participation quests to complete. Completing this quest earns you Legendary Item XP, Figments of Splendour, Farmers Faire Tokens, Incomparable Tracery Tokens, and more!
- Seasonal: The Coins of the Rift: This quest is completed by collecting seven Forged Rift-iron Coins from the Farmers Faire Seasonal Instance called “Boss from the Vaults: Thrâng”.
Taking part in Farmers Faire activities will award you Farmers Faire Tokens, which can be used to pick up rewards! Rewards typically include housing items, cosmetic items, mounts, outfits, pets, kites, emotes, consumables and more!
Questing during the Farmers Faire
There are dozens of quests available to run in the Farmers Faire, from collecting mushrooms, catching tipsy festival-goers, helping various festival vendors, dancing, keg-racing, and more! The Farmers Faire is also a fishing paradise, with numerous quests available to catch fish and earn rewards! Additionally, The Inn League and Ale Association run their activities during the faire, and festival dance leaders are around to teach you special dances by completing their quests! Special Deeds can also be earned by completing various quests and instances.
The Farmers Faire includes two Seasonal Instances, “Boss from the Vaults: Thrâng” and “The Perfect Picnic”! These can be found in your Instance Finder (default: Control+J or from the main menu). “Boss from the Vaults: Thrâng” has a minimum level of 50, and “The Perfect Picnic” starts at level 10.
Rewards for 2022
2022 brings new rewards to the Farmers Faire, including:
- Updated rings, bracelets, and pocket items from “Boss from the Vaults: Thrâng”.
- Robe of Leisure cosmetic robe
- Tome of the Feed-laden Donkey
- Tome of the Mushroom Nether-hound
- Innkeeper's Dress cosmetic outfit
- Oar in Hand
- Woven Reed Rowboat
The Farmers Faire begins at 10:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Tuesday, August 9th and runs until 3:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) on August 30th! Have fun in the event!
The community has also created several great guides and walkthroughs for the event, including specific tips for each quest and advice to get your rewards quickly: