Bullroarer Took Screenshot Contest 2013 Rules, Terms and Conditions
Bullroarer Took Screenshot Contest 2013 Rules, Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ELIGIBILITY. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age and older and are registered players with an active account with Turbine, Inc. for the Lord of the Rings Online game at the time entry is submitted (“Participant”). Employees (and their immediate families, parents, children, spouse or siblings and their respective spouses – regardless of where they reside – and those living in their households, whether or not related) of Turbine, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors, distributors and participating advertising and promotions agencies are not eligible to enter. By participating, Participants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules terms and conditions and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Promotion. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. If Participant is not of legal age of majority in his/her state of residence, Participant shall have obtained his/her parent or legal guardian’s (“Parent”) permission prior to entering and all references to Participant shall be in the name of his/her Parent. If such Participant is chosen as a winner, the prize will be awarded in the Parent’s name. By submitting an entry, each player agrees that they have not or will not receive any compensation or other consideration for their entry. Void where prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER/ODDS. This Contest is open to registered players of The Lord of the Rings Online game. Registration and account membership is free. If you are currently a registered user, go to http://www.lotro.com (the “Contest Site”) and follow the on-screen instructions. If you are not a registered LOTRO account, to enter the Contest, please visit http://www.lotro.com to download LOTRO and follow the on-screen instructions for membership. The odds of winning are the same for all Entrants and depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
Limit two (2) entries per category, per person or household. Entries that are generated by script, macro or other automated means, sent via facsimile or overnight mail, mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage-due or inaccurate and any Entry submitted by any means which subverts the entry process are void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
ENTRY SUBMISSION/REQUIREMENTS. By submitting an Entry, Entrant agrees that his/her Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify his/her Entry for any reason at any time, including if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor.
Players are to submit in-game screenshots based on the guidelines set below:
Each participant may enter any of the four (4) categories (listed below) twice.
- Wearin’ the Green: In our staple Bullroarer Took category, we’re looking for screenshots that show your character in their best green outfit!
- Orc Foe: Show us your best picture of your character destroying Orcs, just like Bullroarer Took!
- Life in the Shire: Take a picture showcasing some of the best of daily life in the beautiful lands of the Shire.
- The Brewmasters (Group): Take a screenshot of your character and your friends enjoying a night at the inn!
Screenshots must be from the game, The Lord of The Rings Online™, original and unedited, and should have a resolution of at least 1024x768.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be posted on http://www.lotro.com, or other websites. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry. Entrants agree that they will not use the Entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the Entry to any online social networks, without the express written consent of Sponsor in each instance.
All Entries must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Photos must be in jpg, png, tiff or gif format and must not exceed 3MB to be eligible.
- The Entry may not contain any content that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion.
- The Entry must be the Entrant’s original work, created solely by the Entrant, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any person or entity.
- The Entry must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than the Entrant. Should the Entrant include personally identifiable information about him/herself in his/her Entry, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such information will be disclosed publicly and Entrant is solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
- The Entry must not contain any commercial content or logos except those provided by Sponsor.
- The Entry may not have been previously published and may not have won previous awards.
- The Entry may not contain any material or elements that are not owned by the Entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties except those that are provided by Sponsor.
1. JUDGING. All eligible Entries received by Sponsor will be judged by a panel of qualified judges on Wednesday, March 22nd 2013. Based a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest) on the following criteria: Creativity (75%), and Appropriateness to Theme (25%) The Entry with the highest overall score from each category will be deemed the winner. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
2. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Judges’ and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Potential winners will be notified by email at Sponsor’s sole selection and may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be returned within seven (7) days of date appearing on prize notification. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any potential winner may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up at its sole discretion. If any potential winner is a Minor, Sponsor will award the prize in the name of his/her Parent who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.
3. Prizes: First Prize: Four (4) Winners will receive a copy of The Hobbit:An Unexpected Journey on Blu-Ray (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $35.00). Total ARV of all prizes: $140.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each Entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Turbine, Inc., , and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize; and (c) to the use of Entrant’s name, voice, performance, photograph/video, image and/or likeness for any purpose in any and all media (including but not limited to the Internet), now or hereafter known, worldwide, in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from Entrant or any third party without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so.
5. OWNERSHIP/USE OF ALL ENTRIES. By submitting an Entry, each Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor, and to its licensees, successors and assigns, and any person or entity acting on its behalf, the irrevocable right and license to use, publish, exploit, modify, edit, transmit and distribute the Entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity for purposes without compensation, permission or notification to Entrant or any third party.
6. OWNERSHIP OF THE WINNING ENTRIES. By accepting a prize, the Entrant agrees that his/her Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the Entrant irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which Entrant may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Entrant hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to his/her Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning Entry, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, Entrant shall execute and deliver such additional instruments of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
7. MISCELLANEOUS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, or postage due Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web Site, Contest Site or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the winner and or the prize, the incorrect uploading or downloading of any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web Site or Contest Site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the Web Site or Contest Site. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest, Contest Site or Web Site, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above.
8. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR CONTEST SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
9. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys fees and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
Request for Winners’ List: For a list of winners (available after April 1, 2013) send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope by April 30th, 2013 to: Turbine, Inc., 117 Kendrick Street Suite 300, Needham, Massachusetts 02494.