Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 4 sur 9 PremièrePremière 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 76 à 100 sur 220

Discussion: Housing FAQ

Re: Housing FAQ

Citation Envoyé par More Voir le message
    As a side-note, is it pragmatically worth it to pay 50+ silver upkeep per week, for a mere 10% discount (especially for casual players)?
    Also consider the amount you save in mailing items and resources between your characters.

I have a question... are trial accounts barred from buying houses? I hope so, because what's to stop someone from making a trial account, buying a house, and giving all permissions to characters on a real account?
    [RIGHT][COLOR=Orange][U]Literacy: It's not just for Lore-masters anymore![/U][/COLOR]

[I][B][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000015a1d/01000/signature.png]Keovar[/charsig][/B][/I][/RIGHT]

Citation Envoyé par Thanatos Voir le message
    I have a question... are trial accounts barred from buying houses? I hope so, because what's to stop someone from making a trial account, buying a house, and giving all permissions to characters on a real account?
    Hadn't thought of that. Wonder if the devs did. I hope so.

It would be a very busy week for whoever tried it, though. You'd have to earn the money strictly from quest rewards and vendoring everything you pick up, since trial accounts can't trade or use the mail or AH.

Oh, and Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! to whoever moved this thread over from the Roheryn forum! And all without breaking my link in this thread! /cheer
    [CENTER][COLOR=Olive]:) My nephew wears combat boots. :)[/COLOR]
    ><> [COLOR=DarkRed][URL="http://xaris.guildportal.com/"]Xaris kai Aletheia[/URL] [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue][I] (Grace and Truth)[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] <><
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1][COLOR=LightBlue]6 Haven Way, Gloruihir, Falathlorn, Silverlode[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

Citation Envoyé par ArmyAunt Voir le message
    Hadn't thought of that. Wonder if the devs did. I hope so.

It would be a very busy week for whoever tried it, though. You'd have to earn the money strictly from quest rewards and vendoring everything you pick up, since trial accounts can't trade or use the mail or AH.

Oh, and Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! to whoever moved this thread over from the Roheryn forum! And all without breaking my link in this thread! /cheer
    Having to earn all the money on the trial character is a pretty good barrier to abusing it for the majority of players, I suppose, but it would be better to just have trial accounts ineligible to buy houses. It wouldn't be terribly hard to beat the system with enough effort or creative thinking put to ill use. Are trial accounts barred from using housing chests if someone set permissions to allow them?
    [RIGHT][COLOR=Orange][U]Literacy: It's not just for Lore-masters anymore![/U][/COLOR]

[I][B][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000015a1d/01000/signature.png]Keovar[/charsig][/B][/I][/RIGHT]

Citation Envoyé par andulinde Voir le message
    Isil, he means that you can't rotate the decorations in space, e.g. turn a chair or a table 90degrees, etc.

I would like to see this - I would also like to see the chairs be actually sit-in-able (like they were in the town square stage area), and for there to be table-and-chairs furniture options. Kinda weird to have to put a table over here by itself in one corner, and a lonely chair over in another corner, etc.
    Table and Chairs as one piece of furniture, and being able to place items (food/flowers, etc) ON the tables would be cool

Shire Homesteads Flash Map has been uploaded.

Better late than never.

Question Re: Housing FAQ

How do the storage chests work in a kinship house? If one person puts something in and leaves and some one different comes along and opens the chest can they take out what the first person puts in? Or would that chest show empty for the second person? Thanks in Advance for any information.

any1 can place or remove an item from a kinship house chest even if they didn't put it there, you must be a member of the kinship to do this though

are we able to upgrade our house from a standard to a deluxe and if so do we get some of the money back from the standard

Citation Envoyé par casa Voir le message
    are we able to upgrade our house from a standard to a deluxe and if so do we get some of the money back from the standard
    i haven't failed i only found a thousand ways that didn't work

What is the advantage of owning a house? Seems expensive with upkeep for what real benefit

Citation Envoyé par sirwayne Voir le message
    What is the advantage of owning a house? Seems expensive with upkeep for what real benefit
    I bought a standard house for storage, as extra storage in the vault costs over 700 silver, and the house costs 1 gold. You can store 30 items in the house. Also you get a 10 percent discount from the vendors in your neighborhood, which is good for expensive potions and so on.

How do I buy storage? What is the chest named and who sells it?
    How do I decorate the house?

As I recall, the standard house storage chest was sold by the house neighborhood "Housing Supplier" vendor. Look at the Map of your neighborhood to see where the vendors are, then the chest is there at a minimal price. Then you place the chest in your house where you want it.

Read the sticky "Rain's Decorating Guide" on this "Housing" forum to get all the info you'd ever want to know

Looked at Furnishing vendor - there was a "red chest" for sale, Is that storage? Or is that decorative like everything else.

I read Rain's guide, but it is all pictures. Doesn't tell me how to do it. I went into the house, dragged the rug out and tried to place it - the client asked me if I wanted to destroy the rug.

How do I see the hookpoints?

Normally it costs me much less than a gold to feel stupid.

Citation Envoyé par Quondam Voir le message
    Looked at Furnishing vendor - there was a "red chest" for sale, Is that storage? Or is that decorative like everything else.

I read Rain's guide, but it is all pictures. Doesn't tell me how to do it. I went into the house, dragged the rug out and tried to place it - the client asked me if I wanted to destroy the rug.

How do I see the hookpoints?

Normally it costs me much less than a gold to feel stupid.
    Look on the southwestern edge of your minimap. Explore from there and it should become clearer.

Need to change the comment about rotating furniture since Book 12 introduced that feature.
    -Dedseksie Longjohnson
    Dwarf Guardian
    -Iamshe Whoishe, Shire Brewmaster
    [b][i]Man[/i][/b] Burglar

FAQ needs to be updated for all the changes from book 12. I'm also not sure i'm comfortable buying a house yet though its uses as a best method of trading items between my 5 characters is so far about the only reason I see for buying one which means i would buy the cheapest.

Question(s) i don't think were asked:

Are all the venders the same in all homesteads?

Are the same types of homes the same size though different shape for each homestead? (I hope I made sense with this one)

I read earlier in the thread that the floor plans are the same for all homes of the same type for the homestead they are in. Is this correct? Such that the only difference then between them would be location in the neighborhood and the landscape scenery around the home.

Would it really be cheaper to pay the 50s/week upkeep than paying postage for items sent? Or is there a point at which this is a given? Right now it seems to me that I would have to mail between 50 and 100 items a week to spend 50s on postage. I don't think I mail that much stuff.

Speaking along that line. Can kinship storage be used to transfer items between my own characters? If so then buying a house only for the ability to transfer things between characters without having to send them by post seems to me a possible alternative.

Citation Envoyé par LotRfan2000 Voir le message
    Are all the venders the same in all homesteads?
    No. I believe that the only items they have in common are the floor and wall colors. They each have different furniture, flooring, wall treatments and recipes.

Are the same types of homes the same size though different shape for each homestead? (I hope I made sense with this one)
    I don't think so. A standard hobbit hole sure feels bigger than a standard elf house (low ceilings in the holes notwithstanding).

I read earlier in the thread that the floor plans are the same for all homes of the same type for the homestead they are in. Is this correct? Such that the only difference then between them would be location in the neighborhood and the landscape scenery around the home.
    Yes. For example, every standard Bree house is exactly the same as every other standard Bree house. The same is true for any other category of house. The only differences are in location and price -- and the price differences are based on location.

Would it really be cheaper to pay the 50s/week upkeep than paying postage for items sent? Or is there a point at which this is a given? Right now it seems to me that I would have to mail between 50 and 100 items a week to spend 50s on postage. I don't think I mail that much stuff.
    I haven't done the math myself, and I don't plan to. I bought my house mostly for the shear joy of "owning" my own little corner of Middle-earth. Also, the extra storage is more of an issue for me than item transfer is.

Speaking along that line. Can kinship storage be used to transfer items between my own characters? If so then buying a house only for the ability to transfer things between characters without having to send them by post seems to me a possible alternative.
    If you have access to your kinship house's storage, that would be a very easy thing to do. I, for one, would have both characters already at the house before putting anything into the chest to shorten the time the items are in a chest accessible by others.
    ><> [COLOR=DarkRed][URL="http://xaris.guildportal.com/"]Xaris kai Aletheia[/URL] [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue][I] (Grace and Truth)[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] <><
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1][COLOR=LightBlue]6 Haven Way, Gloruihir, Falathlorn, Silverlode[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/CENTER]

there's a housing decoration called a magic black mushroom pot or something similar. is that still available? i used to see them at the ah, but are they now bound to players? i really wanted one! now i gotta wait till some random festival? same with the new beer kegs, 'inn league keg' ? gotta wait until they're at a festival? why should my lotro life revolve around waiting for festivals, we pay to play, items should be always accessable, not just one week every 3-5 months, that just seems like a rather silly scheme for a game paid to play. k, i just had to vent somewhere, ty,

Yes, the Black Mushroom Pot is a festival thing -- and only available to farmers. During the Summer Festival, there is a woman at the western edge of the Party Tree area who has you plant spores in the little field behind her. Then during the Fall Festival, she is back and has a mushroom growing tent over the field and she'll give you the Black Mushroom Pot as a reward for the work you did in the summer. I haven't checked mine to see if it's BoA now or not (it's in my housing container).

As for the keg -- sorry, haven't got a clue.
    [/CENTER]

Unhappy Re: Housing FAQ

with all the new updates was wondering if they made any changes to housing. i have a standard house but i need more storage is they a way to upgrade to a duplex or buy more storage chests. also if we want to buy a new house do we have to abandon the one we have now or can we sell it.

Citation Envoyé par Madmatt1976 Voir le message
    with all the new updates was wondering if they made any changes to housing. i have a standard house but i need more storage is they a way to upgrade to a duplex or buy more storage chests. also if we want to buy a new house do we have to abandon the one we have now or can we sell it.
    Currently the only way to move up to a better house is to abandon your current one. All you will get back as far as coin is unused upkeep. I am not sure if you have to unload storage and decor before abandoning or not. Deluxe comes with two storage and standard can only have the one. I guess the storage and extra hooks for decor is supposed to be enough incentive to want to pay the extra. I currently don't see it worth it until I have at least two characters like 40+. Or they offer much more incentives or improve it to upgrading from previous so that the coins spent buying the old house are put towards the price of the new house.

Currently the only way to move up to a better house is to abandon your current one. All you will get back as far as coin is unused upkeep.
    Correct.

I am not sure if you have to unload storage and decor before abandoning or not.
    No, it will go into the escrow at the bank just as it would if you lost the house due to nonpayment of maintenance. (Side note on that: Once Book 13 goes live, you will not lose your house for nonpayment. You will just be locked out of it until the maintenance is paid.)
    [/CENTER]

I thought this would be an important note to add.

If you do a Character transfer. IE...move your toon from one server to the other and that toon owns a house then it is best to keep your house. Empty all the chests out but keep the house. You will find out that when your character appears on the new server you will be refunded the cost of the house and you can purchase a new house on the new server with that money.

I wish you would get some of your investment back when you switch houses, be it to a bigger one or to a prettier spot.
    It would make sense that you would get a little back by selling the house back to the housing broker... instead of losing your investment completely.
    [b]Nachtstern of Mirkwood[/b]
    27 Elf Ministrel - Yeoman (GM Farmer/GM Cook)
    <Keepers of the Old Ways> - Officer, Arkenstone
    [i]"Black makes White. Foul makes Pure. Evil creates Greatness"[/i]

Page 4 sur 9 PremièrePremière 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... DernièreDernière

Règles de messages