Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 11 sur 11

Ceremonial Armor (Erebor and Isengard)

Back on the Beta (the Build who introduced the Erebor Armor), some may remember that the Sets were Dyeable. With release this option was removed.
    I talked on Bullroarer with RockX (back in HD Beta) and he told me the reason was that we will see a ceremonial version of those Sets and can dye them again.
    A few pieces of Isengard Gear is available at Lalias Market but no other Pieces found their way there.

So please Release all Isengard and Erebor Sets as Ceremonial items on the Store asap!

Citation Envoyé par CM-Amenophis Voir le message
    Back on the Beta (the Build who introduced the Erebor Armor), some may remember that the Sets were Dyeable. With release this option was removed.
    I talked on Bullroarer with RockX (back in HD Beta) and he told me the reason was that we will see a ceremonial version of those Sets and can dye them again.
    A few pieces of Isengard Gear is available at Lalias Market but no other Pieces found their way there.

So please Release all Isengard and Erebor Sets as Ceremonial items on the Store asap!
    Or at the skirm camps like a lot of the other ceremonial sets. I agree, these sets would be nice to have cosmetically!

Aggressively thirded. I hadn't even noticed the Erebor sets' existence until a few days ago, but now I want 'em bad!
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white: Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.

I honestly hope that this is true. LOTRO is in desperate need of a infusion of cosmetic gear. Even if it's only one of those instance cluster sets, that'll increase the outfit possibilities significantly. Honestly, I'd rather see the Erebor cluster gear get this treatment over the Isengard gear. But most of all, they should be available through the skirmish camp and not as store-exclusive items.

RockX is no longer with the developer team I believe, so these plans might not happen. I'm not going to hold my breath this time around...but I will allow myself a small hope

No!

Certainly not, these armours look GOOD and are HARD to get, why let anyone get them while some slaved away at trying to acquire them. Having them is a sign of a good player.

Citation Envoyé par Enzaraen Voir le message
    Certainly not, these armours look GOOD and are HARD to get, why let anyone get them while some slaved away at trying to acquire them. Having them is a sign of a good player.
    that they look GOOD I don't know, especially the Erebor chestpieces tends to deform the structure of the body, and is especially seen in women and female elves... also some of the color schemes could use the option of being changed. That there is a ceremonial version of the armour sets available to players does not detract the value that the original pieces have for those who acquired them with raids. Ceremonial sets are just cosmetics, while pieces acquired through raiding still conserve their stats and buffs. As to being HARD to get... maybe the erebor pieces because they are gated under deeds, but with some good will, and a bit of grind with skirmishes and BB I can get already enough meds and marks to barter for the Isengard pieces, they are not gated, if someone just wants to avoid class restrictions can copy the pieces in the wardrobe, quite easy

And they can't be dyed anyway! Wouldn't it be nice if we could dye the teal Isengard sets, from all black to all white? Lalia's market already has a couple pieces that are dyeable. Or the orange RK robe from erebor and the red one for LM, make them steel blue? IMO it could make happy so many players hehe
    Dernière modification par miriadel ; 05/06/2014 à 18h59.

Wandering Around Arda
    my Lotro blog :)

@Enzaraen:

That's one way to look at it. Another: maybe they shouldn't make things such a grind to begin with. Another: It's a game, it doesn't really matter that much, and it can't last forever anyway; whatever time & effort you put in will eventually come to nothing, even if it's only when the game itself shuts down whenever that finally happens, so if the prospect of others getting the same things** easier later on upsets you enough to outweigh the pleasure of earning it the hard way early on, then maybe it's not worth putting the time in for the grind in the first place.

I'm all for more cool cosmetic items, myself.

(** well, the same cosmetics)
    § Elendilmir refugee on Ark §

§ Aerynsol . 27 | Arestelle . 105 | Calairiel . 41 | Gwaewen . 40 | Iadessea . 10 | Magrith . 36 | Melaidhrin . 20 | Miraear . 26 | Muiriol . 105 | Nephra . 10 | Solina-1 . 31 §

§ miraear's threads: a cosmetic history §

Enzaraen, even though having the STATTED may be a sign of a good player, the NON-STATTED cosmetic versions are there purely for aesthetics. Having cosmetic versions aren't going to affect the value of the statted raiding gear.

It's a possibility that there will be ceremonial versions of the Erebor armor for anybody to wear, should they choose to do. The Helegrod and Rift sets were a mark of a good player when the cap was 50. The Annuminas sets were the mark of a good player at 65. Remember, we're LONG past the days when endgame matched those respective levels. Each of these sets have already been given dyeable ceremonial versions in the skirmish camp without any restrictions. Even the Ost Dunhoth armor had ceremonial versions for a limited time through the LOTRO Store.

Some raiding sets may not have ceremonial versions, but they certainly are easier to acquire. Look at some of the gear from Dar Narbugud. Even though these pieces don't have ceremonial versions, you can barter for a half of the gear skins cheaply in Ost Galadh without ever having to do the raid. The Orthanc pieces are obsolete by a long shot and used to be a mark of a good level 75 player, but they can be acquired by anybody willing to spend the marks and medallions for wardrobe cosmetics without EVER touching ToO. The same holds true for the Barad Guldur gear, being the mark of a great level 65 player. You don't have to raid for the Dark Emblems any longer to acquire the BG sets. Again, all you need are marks and medallions. Have you heard those old school raiders complain? I certainly haven't.

Looking at these examples above, it shouldn't matter if dyeable cosmetic versions appear in the future. Or even if the deed requirement gets dropped. Unless you're in a large raiding guild where everybody is using the Stone of the Tortoise and treating 85 content as endgame, very few people are probably going to care. The Erebor armor is obsolete by current endgame standards anyway.

But, as I said in an earlier post, I'm not holding my breath. I've already gotten more worked up regarding this possibility than I should have.

The Erebor cappy set is my absolute favourite outfit in the game. I had it for guard even before I had a cappy. Honestly, it's just perfect, can't be made better by dying. Ofc, it would still be nice to have a dyeable version. I would buy it from Lalia.

@Miriadel - I never said only the Erebor sets look nice, i'm talking about the Isengard sets too (Ceremonial Armor (Erebor and Isengard is the title). Also, for the record, I think that the Guardian Erebor set is one of the nicest looking. I'm trying to say, why should people be able to acquire the aesthetically pleasing armour in seconds, from a store while others farmed the heck of the respective instances to achieve them. Now, i'm not saying that they should be unobtainable, merely for a high price that should reflect the cosmetic quality of the item and how challenging it was to obtain it.

@Nathrien_Estelenlaer ,,Look at some of the gear from Dar Narbugud. Even though these pieces don't have ceremonial versions, you can barter for a half of the gear skins cheaply in Ost Galadh without ever having to do the raid." That's true and that is still the gear obtainable from where it was back in the day.

,,Some raiding sets may not have ceremonial versions, but they certainly are easier to acquire." Therefore, we do not need to make it even easier by implementing them into the Skirmish Camp or God forbit, the Lotro Store.

Overall, this game is becoming increasingly easier, especially if you experienced what the game was like maybe 3 years ago or even 6, but that's another story. What i'm saying is that we have no need to make it even easier to achieve stuff. If people want the Erebor Armour, then they should at the most, simply remove the deed that is required.

Post Scriptum: I am sorry for any spelling mistakes.

@Miriadel - I never said only the Erebor sets look nice, i'm talking about the Isengard sets too (Ceremonial Armor (Erebor and Isengard is the title). Also, for the record, I think that the Guardian Erebor set is one of the nicest looking. I'm trying to say, why should people be able to acquire the aesthetically pleasing armour in seconds, from a store while others farmed the heck of the respective instances to achieve them. Now, i'm not saying that they should be unobtainable, merely for a high price that should reflect the cosmetic quality of the item and how challenging it was to obtain it.

@Nathrien_Estelenlaer ,,Look at some of the gear from Dar Narbugud. Even though these pieces don't have ceremonial versions, you can barter for a half of the gear skins cheaply in Ost Galadh without ever having to do the raid." That's true and that is still the gear obtainable from where it was back in the day.

,,Some raiding sets may not have ceremonial versions, but they certainly are easier to acquire." Therefore, we do not need to make it even easier by implementing them into the Skirmish Camp or God forbit, the Lotro Store.

Overall, this game is becoming increasingly easier, especially if you experienced what the game was like maybe 3 years ago or even 6, but that's another story. What i'm saying is that we have no need to make it even easier to achieve stuff. If people want the Erebor Armour, then they should at the most, simply remove the deed that is required.

Post Scriptum: I am sorry for any spelling mistakes.

But very few people actually run those instances anymore, and so I can't complete that deed, and that means I won't get the items.
    Please read the post overhead and understand it fully before responding with overwhelming negativity to opinions you have no personal interest in, but still want to complain about. Don't troll the feeders. Great, you acknowledge the need to apologize, but I don't see an actual apology anywhere. Are you a politician by any chance? - xandervix_tog.

Règles de messages