Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 23 sur 23

My Views of LoTRO So Far [Semi Review]

Before I start this mini review, in the interest of full disclosure (yes I'm showing off my vocabulary, shut up) I haven't actually reached the end-game yet. My highest level character is 36, though I have played a considerable amount of monster play... and based on what I'm being told by others, that "is" the end-game.

So, I find the best way I review games is in sections! That way I can be pretentious about it.

PvE Gameplay

This part is obviously Turbine's strong point. The PvE is well structured and there's a metric ton of it. Many quests have a hint of humor to them instead of the usual fantasy-genre kill X monsters because Y wants a new dress that they will somehow fashion from X. But even with this in their favor, there's a serious problem with the quests. Turbine just cannot seem to decide what they want the player to be.

Am I a hero going on an epic journey to save middle earth or am I just a support hero, part of something bigger than myself? Either one of those roles are perfectly fine for the genre but Turbine keeps tossing you between them like you're the tennis ball in the middle of a match. The player can't be both the sole hero and part of something bigger than themselves, those two roles are contradictory!

Speaking of quests (since it's pretty much 95% of what you can talk about in a PvE section) although the structure and variety is nice I just can't feel encouraged to go to the next questing area. I pondered why this was for a while... until one day on my rogue I just jumped up, said "screw your quests", and ran around the entirety of the shire and ered luin until I'd explored every single nook and cranny of it. At some point during this random exploration binge the thought came to mind, "if a side quest sent me here I'd be having a lot more fun with them!", and then it all made sense.

Main quests drive plotline, side quests drive exploration, mapping out, and as support for the main quest. There are too many fluff quests that send you to the same place to kill the same monster for another arbitrarily made up reason that doesn't do any of this. I'm sure someone did a lot of work on Ost Barandor in Bree-Land, and that person has every right to take a 2x4 and smack around the rest of the dev team for not sending me there sooner. The game wouldn't stop complaining at me to go to the next area so it could shout at me that I also needed to purchase that area. And no I'm not purchasing an experience lock, I buy things when I'm having fun instead of when I just want something, sort of like a donation for making something I enjoy... I was not having fun being poked with a stick every time I entered an area I hadn't grinded enough TP for yet.

PvP Gameplay

I don't even know what to say here. I could come up with any number of criticisms to the lack of balance, lack of optimization (lag spikes, yes I'm showing off vocab again!), and general repetitiveness of it all. I've said it before though, Turbine developers have no talent at PvP. It's like making a teenager with the voice of a chipmunk sing a rendition of Bluesuade shoes in Elvis Presley's voice, not gonna happen if not just plain cruel.

However, if you gave that kid 7 years to work on it he might get a brain-wave, go outside and find someone who sounds like Elvis, and hire that person to come sing the rendition for him. So I have to count Turbine off for keeping the entirety of the Ettenmoors team to a single part-timer who probably wants to beat their colleagues with a 2x4 right about now. Seriously just go to EA's slave pits and find a developer who's good at PvP. You get bonus points for rescuing a tortured soul from the depths of hell itself. But I digress.

I'm not upset at Turbine for having no talent at PvP, I'm upset about them either being unable to realize their shortcoming or realizing it and doing nothing to make up for it in 7 sodding years. Their claim that they don't see any money in PvP rings hollow when it's what most people pay the VIP fee for at level 95. In fact it's likely the only reason having outlevelled and completed all previous quests.

Soundtrack

Me like it. What? It's a good soundtrack.

Overall

I can't really give an overall summary opinion of the game because I haven't finished the free peoples quests, but I'll do my best for as far as I've gotten.

If you strip away the Lord of the Rings brand recognition from this game and instead named it, uh, The Quest for the New Age... or something... what does it really have left? If I replaced all recognition for the Lord of the Rings in this game with something else, nobody would play it.

Without the brand recognition we're left with a rather cut down MMO. Very little end-game, quests that don't really encourage you to explore (and end in the other devs meeting mr. 2x4), and a nice soundtrack. The entire game needs several coats of polish and I can think of many areas within the first 30 levels that needs a nice, hard buffing... and that could really be misinterpreted badly. I generally rank MMOs based on how long I can stick with them without getting bored, in which case this game ranks in at 3 months. That soars above weaker games like Neverwinter Online (1 month) but pales when compared to games like guild wars (4 years).

Some might say that it's enough that it's a Lord of the Rings game. Some might say that being Lord of the Rings makes up for the lack of imagination in other areas. Those people can meet mr. 2x4 too. Being lord of the rings isn't an excuse to do less work, it's a hurdle to work harder. The game has to carry the brand, not the other way around.

Overall I rate this game so far as Average. It's not very good but it's not outright terrible either. In two words, feels incomplete.
    Dernière modification par hiddenfate ; 08/04/2014 à 23h05.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/UncrownedPrince91"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FFFF"]I Have a YouTube Channel and... it kinda sucks but visit anyway to make me feel nice :3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

That is a well written review but I will say a few things about LOTRO's PvE

It is THE BEST PvE that I have seen in any game, and I have played a lot of games. The quest text is superb and it generally flows very well, however if you do not read quest text, I can see why you do not like it. The North Downs, and Trollshwas are the two areas that I do not think flow very well, but they are both getting revamps to quest flow in the coming update.

And to your impressions of PvMP, I agree, it is not very good as it is now. However, the balancing that is being done to it with U13 finally fixes it's balance problems, I and many others think that they have made it even again. But even with the balance, it is still below the par of other games PvP, but I am a excited to see what the developers will do with it later this year, because what they have said earlier has really given me hope that they are adding something.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Most of the issues you have with the game are dealt with in U13, coming out in just a couple weeks. Revamp of 3 major low level areas, rebalancing and readjusting of PvP, improvement of the flow between the revamped regions.

This game is 7 years old, so it's bound to have some issues that need addressing as time wears on. Revamps have been gradually making a huge difference to the older areas (which are the lower level areas), but I agree with Dernudan, LotRO does have the best PvE I've played, and I've played a ton of games.

Thanks for replying you two.

Although it is reassuring that the flow of quests will be revamped they still need to set a proper tone and place for this game. Making us feel like the lone hero at some points and then part of a group at others is just schizophrenic.

Also, as Dernudan said, even with the updates to Monster Play the PvP will still be severely lacking. More importantly though I don't see anything in their notes about them changing the line-up for PvMP. If, after the update, there's still just one part-timer on monster play and the rest of the devs are over in the PvE section, history will repeat itself and monster play will be completely ridiculous again in no time.

The major issue I have is that a lot of things they're putting in U13 are things people have been shouting at them to fix for upwards of 3 years (7 years for monster player shouters). That's World of Warcraft level customer support...... oh god I just mentioned the unholy one...
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/UncrownedPrince91"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FFFF"]I Have a YouTube Channel and... it kinda sucks but visit anyway to make me feel nice :3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]

Citation Envoyé par hiddenfate Voir le message
    Thanks for replying you two.

Although it is reassuring that the flow of quests will be revamped they still need to set a proper tone and place for this game. Making us feel like the lone hero at some points and then part of a group at others is just schizophrenic.

Also, as Dernudan said, even with the updates to Monster Play the PvP will still be severely lacking. More importantly though I don't see anything in their notes about them changing the line-up for PvMP. If, after the update, there's still just one part-timer on monster play and the rest of the devs are over in the PvE section, history will repeat itself and monster play will be completely ridiculous again in no time.

The major issue I have is that a lot of things they're putting in U13 are things people have been shouting at them to fix for upwards of 3 years (7 years for monster player shouters). That's World of Warcraft level customer support...... oh god I just mentioned the unholy one...
    Well you're absolutely right about pvmp and something no one else seems to have admitted is that this will only ever be a temporary fix. As soon as there is a level cap raise, it will be broken again. Simply because it's not a priority, the scaling to the monsters vs the new freep goodies are hurriedly tested if at all.

The insight into the role conflict our characters suffer is also quite a sharp one. This continues on and off throughout the game. From following in the fellowship's footsteps and nuking everything in your path that they fled from.

All that said you can still enjoy it. There's some truly great story lines, the reforging of narsil in evendim, Volume 1 had a great flavour of helping the fellowship set if from rivendell whilst saving eriador. There's some awesome dungeons on the way too, flashbacks to some real lore gems too many to mention but a few ( watching the Lord of the gifts corrupt a nemesis, saving Bill the pony, defeating the watcher in the water thrice and the whole khazhad dum story really. Lastly discovering some long lost hobbit village prior to their exodus to the shire!).
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

I think that the main thing with PvP in LotRO, regardless of whether or not Turbine have any talent for developing it, (I am not qualified to judge), is that t never has been, and most likely never will be, a significant focus for the game. PvMP was added late in the original development, and was strongly argued against by many beta testers. The particular limitations of PvMP, (as opposed to "proper" PvP), are said to be due to restrictions imposed by the IP rights holder.

In many respects, if it had never been added in the firstplace, things would be much simpler and less rancourous today. As it stands, it exists and provides just sufficient of a base for its devotees to agitate for more. (Understandably so). If it was not providing the thin end of a wedge, it would be a much more unassailable position to maintain the original line that PvP will never be part of the game.
    TANSTAAFL

Am I a hero going on an epic journey to save middle earth or am I just a support hero, part of something bigger than myself? Either one of those roles are perfectly fine for the genre but Turbine keeps tossing you between them like you're the tennis ball in the middle of a match. The player can't be both the sole hero and part of something bigger than themselves, those two roles are contradictory!
    I don't think the many, many additions to PvE over the years were planned with enough consideration for future players who could run through them all in a row without waiting for the next update or expansion pack. The transition from one area to the next was less like getting tossed around like a tennis ball when people had months after finishing the main quests to explore and deed and run the instances before starting a new area.

Interesting. I've never really noticed that or thought about it that way. I've done most low to mid-level content upwards of a couple dozen times, so I think it's easy for me to miss any of the nuances in how other players might experience the zones. As a result it's really hard for me to comment on that besides just saying that since it's a MMO, people have a choice about how they experience things - they can decide to group up (and many do) for PvE content, or they can solo, or a mix of both. If you're talking about how the epic blends with PvE, I've always seen those as separate anyway.

What I do like is that we're coming behind the Fellowship, helping those affected by the situations surrounding the storyline, rather than being in the center of it all. To me being central to the Fellowship - that would be extremely lore-breaking.

The major issue I have is that a lot of things they're putting in U13 are things people have been shouting at them to fix for upwards of 3 years (7 years for monster player shouters).
    This is why I'm OK with them taking some time for areas such as housing, PvMP, etc., and why you won't hear me complaining about no group instances for the next year or so. Because we've had multiple types of new group content added within the past year or two, and housing and PvMP have not seen any love at all pretty much since they were launched. If I have to wait a bit so that other playstyles get some attention, that's fine for me.

Citation Envoyé par Eldarian_Grace Voir le message
    Well you're absolutely right about pvmp and something no one else seems to have admitted is that this will only ever be a temporary fix. As soon as there is a level cap raise, it will be broken again. Simply because it's not a priority, the scaling to the monsters vs the new freep goodies are hurriedly tested if at all.
    I think extensive beta-style testing of Moors scaling would be pointless. Besides, there's probably been what - a month of testing it so far? Maybe more? You're never going to know how it actually works until it gets to live, and people really hammer the tar out of the system. I think the benefits of the system far outweigh the likely extended period of tweaking after launch. As for whether the balancing will be temporary, the devs have already stated that they're actively working on making things a lot simpler and smarter to adjust moving forward.

Citation Envoyé par frickinmuck Voir le message
    • Can creeps get LIs to help balance out the apparent overpowerdness of Freeps, and why do creeps have no mail
      Jinjaah – There’s a bunch of reasons why there’s no mail or LIs for creeps, but there has been a problem in the past where creeps have not been properly scaled with each expansion, or with rolling out of each new Third, Second or First Age LI. So one of the things they’ve been doing behind the scenes with PvMP is working on ways to make it more sustainable, so that when they reach points of balance that they’re happy with they can sustain them past level bumps and First Ages coming out and things like that. So will we be getting First Agers or LI, no, but hopefully we will be getting a system that will properly scale once an increase in potency comes to one side.
    Citation Envoyé par mjk47 Voir le message
    I think that the main thing with PvP in LotRO, regardless of whether or not Turbine have any talent for developing it, (I am not qualified to judge), is that t never has been, and most likely never will be, a significant focus for the game.
    This is something that I think has been definitely changing a lot in recent months. I think that Turbine are finally realizing that PvMP is currently - and probably always will be - the most challenging end-game content, and that by giving it love, they have the opportunity to bring some joy to a lot of the end-game players who tend to be very vocal when bored and angry.

It seems they may also have finally realized that the PvMP audience has been small for a reason. There have, for many years, been limitations on how much that audience can grow. By scaling in the Moors, they have created the opportunity for players to make it part of their playstyle rotation right from the very start. It also means a lot of fresh meat for the creeps. I think overall, between the balancing they've been doing, the revamps of creeps in general, the scaling and the Moors passes, this is a region of the game that will be revitalized after U13. All of this shows me that they're starting to take it more seriously as a region for potential growth.

I think that we have the Players Council PvMP members to thank for some of this shift in perspective. There is a lot of discussion in the dev chats and forums from the LotRO team stating how huge a help these PC members have been. If they've had anything to do with some of these shifts, and I believe they've surely played at least some role, I think the PC has been worthwhile. For me anyway. I am really, really pleased that PvMP is getting the attention it is.

The player can't be both the sole hero and part of something bigger than themselves, those two roles are contradictory!

Pretty much sumes up every single soldier that has has fought in every war long before we had sticks.

will not comment on the pvp aspect of the review as i am to old and know better to comment on things i know nothing about as i do not play pvp,and would feel ill informed if i only took other peoples view's on it.

I personally have never had a problem with the tone of the game and I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'place' of the game. I realize that the epic quest line has you running around places that the actual fellowship never went, but it has always consistently been in support of it. The landscape quests are just that, while they are at times somewhat related to the fellowship, they are mostly just what's going on in that particular area.

As far as the 'hero' aspect of your post, I've never felt like I was supposed to be part of the fellowship. I've always felt that our characters were indirectly involved for the most part and always after the fact. Sure there are times when we become part a group (like the Gray Company) or even interact with the fellowship (which is pretty cool, IMHO) but I never felt like I was supposed to be a part of it. Doing stuff on your own at times and then as a part of a group at others isn't schizophrenic, it's just the way life is; IRL and in LotRO.

Sometimes I forget that a lot of things sound different in my head. What I meant by the whole "role of our hero" thing isn't whether or not our character should be part of the fellowship or not.

Are we supposed to feel like we're part of a large group of other heros, all trying to help protect middle earth and support the fellowship from behind the scenes?
    Are we supposed to feel like the only hero who can help protect middle earth and support the fellowship behind the scenes?

Some quests, see the prologue and tutorial areas, point to us being alone in our role, the only sentient hero involved in the defense of archet or thorin's hall. Other quests specifically remind us that we aren't alone and that there are other players/heroes there to help us.

To the original poster, while you may find that the lower level regions are quite entertaining, I must forewarn you that all of the quest regions probably after Mirkwood and Enedwaith, there's been precious few regions that interesting story lines as well as engaging content. This is all opinion of course, but I believe that after the epic quest line after Mirkwood and killing Mazog in the Battle of the Tower, there's scarcely any good epic quest lines. Concerning the end-game PvE, there is none that's engaging and demands the player's attention. Apart from some T2c runs that are mechanic runs, there's no challenge in the runs.

I haven't had a scintillating experience in this game since running Tower of Orthanc at level 75. (See? I can use big words too.)
    Just warning you for what's ahead if you decide to continue the robotic grind to level cap.

Citation Envoyé par themannweb Voir le message
    To the original poster, while you may find that the lower level regions are quite entertaining, I must forewarn you that all of the quest regions probably after Mirkwood and Enedwaith, there's been precious few regions that interesting story lines as well as engaging content. This is all opinion of course, but I believe that after the epic quest line after Mirkwood and killing Mazog in the Battle of the Tower, there's scarcely any good epic quest lines. Concerning the end-game PvE, there is none that's engaging and demands the player's attention. Apart from some T2c runs that are mechanic runs, there's no challenge in the runs.

I haven't had a scintillating experience in this game since running Tower of Orthanc at level 75. (See? I can use big words too.)
    Just warning you for what's ahead if you decide to continue the robotic grind to level cap.
    I disagree about what you said about the quests in Rohan and Isengard. I for one found them equally interesting compared to the quests before them, but on the opposite side of the spectrum. I thought that the quests in Rohan were too linear while the quests in Mirkwood and before we're not quite linear enough.
    I think that the ideal region would have one big quest chain that deals with the conflict of thre region, with many little quest chains that are independent of the main one but serve as little offshoots of the main one.

As to challenge, I do not think that it is as face rolling as you, but it is still to easy. However, I think that U13 deals with that nicely.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Citation Envoyé par mjk47 Voir le message
    I think that the main thing with PvP in LotRO, regardless of whether or not Turbine have any talent for developing it, (I am not qualified to judge), is that t never has been, and most likely never will be, a significant focus for the game. PvMP was added late in the original development, and was strongly argued against by many beta testers. The particular limitations of PvMP, (as opposed to "proper" PvP), are said to be due to restrictions imposed by the IP rights holder.

In many respects, if it had never been added in the firstplace, things would be much simpler and less rancourous today. As it stands, it exists and provides just sufficient of a base for its devotees to agitate for more. (Understandably so). If it was not providing the thin end of a wedge, it would be a much more unassailable position to maintain the original line that PvP will never be part of the game.
    Truth be told if they never put in PvP this game may be dead except for the few hardcore PvE-only's out there. Kinda like what happened to D&D Online. To illustrate this I will ruin a direct quote conversation I had with a world of warcraft friend about raiding.

Q: So why do you PvE?
    A: Because it's fun! I get to see the lord of the rings world and even fight in it and influence events!

Q: I see, so the experience changes every time?
    A: Well... not really no.

Q: So the storyline is awesome and highly repeatable?
    A: Well... the story's great but repeatable... not so much actually.

Q: So the end-game is great?
    A: Well there really isn't much of an endgame since they won't make PvP

Q: Uh... so what do you do when you hit max level?
    A: I grind for better gear!

Q: Why do you grind for better gear?
    A: To grind the other areas be.......wait...

Q: Right, so what do you do when you do everything you possibly can without PvP?
    A: I make another character!

Q: Again, and the experience is very different?
    A: Well... no...

Q: So again, why do you PvE?
    A:... I'm not quite sure...
    Replace PvE with raid and insert WoW terms at various points and you have the original conversation.

Truth be told if they never put in PvP this game may be dead except for the few hardcore PvE-only's out there. Kinda like what happened to D&D Online. To illustrate this I will ruin a direct quote conversation I had with a world of warcraft friend about raiding.

Replace PvE with raid and insert WoW terms at various points and you have the original conversation.
    And others of us have totally different experiences. After what you said... so why do you play lotro?
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Citation Envoyé par Dernudan Voir le message
    I disagree about what you said about the quests in Rohan and Isengard. I for one found them equally interesting compared to the quests before them, but on the opposite side of the spectrum. I thought that the quests in Rohan were too linear while the quests in Mirkwood and before we're not quite linear enough.
    I think that the ideal region would have one big quest chain that deals with the conflict of thre region, with many little quest chains that are independent of the main one but serve as little offshoots of the main one.

As to challenge, I do not think that it is as face rolling as you, but it is still to easy. However, I think that U13 deals with that nicely.
    Rohan was horrible made worse by Hytbold and Wildermere. The only quests I really liked in RoI were the quests within the Ring of Isengard itself.

Citation Envoyé par Beaniemooch Voir le message
    And others of us have totally different experiences. After what you said... so why do you play lotro?
    I haven't for a while. Since I wrote this I decided to wait for update 13 before giving it another chance.

That conversation is to illustrate a point, MMOs can't survive without PvP. Once the grind ends and you've seen all the sites and done all there is to do, you end up with a maximized character that can only be remotely challenged by the human level AI that is other players. Eventually you'll burn out of the quests and content. It's not specifically targeted at LOTRO, it's targeted at LOTRO, Neverwinter Online, D&D Online, and every other MMO in existence right now that neglects PvP.

I haven't for a while. Since I wrote this I decided to wait for update 13 before giving it another chance.

That conversation is to illustrate a point, MMOs can't survive without PvP. Once the grind ends and you've seen all the sites and done all there is to do, you end up with a maximized character that can only be remotely challenged by the human level AI that is other players. Eventually you'll burn out of the quests and content. It's not specifically targeted at LOTRO, it's targeted at LOTRO, Neverwinter Online, D&D Online, and every other MMO in existence right now that neglects PvP.
    I didn't go to the Moors until after I burned out in RoR at level 85. Prior to that I was perfectly happy running DN, BG, ToO, OD, instances, and playing the yearly expansion until the next increase. I didn't need PvP and was perfectly happy. Quests are something you do to get from point A to point B but are not something you repeat on the same character once you've done them. RoR seemed to fizzle early for me because the raids were very short, bugged, lacked consistent rewards and in general were not as fun as prior expansion content. The RNG was horrid. HD.... lacked fun content in general unless you like BBs, which I don't. Many people don't PvP and continue to enjoy other aspects of the game including raids and instances.

I feel bad for those that still enjoy PvP and would like to see more attention to it, along with other traditional end game raids and instances. I think lotro needs all aspects of game play and right now there's a lot lacking.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Citation Envoyé par Beaniemooch Voir le message
    I feel bad for those that still enjoy PvP and would like to see more attention to it, along with other traditional end game raids and instances. I think lotro needs all aspects of game play and right now there's a lot lacking.
    Me too. I think they're taking steps in the right direction as far as the 'moors are concerned with U13. The creeps in particular should be much happier come the 14th. You're right though, a good chunk of the player base is at or near level cap and they really do need to start focusing on things to at that level. An old school, traditional raid would go along way for making a lot of players happy.

delete his thread, he said turbine has no talent. One should not mess with the overlords!=P

Citation Envoyé par lungvin Voir le message
    delete his thread, he said turbine has no talent. One should not mess with the overlords!=P
    I'm holding one of them hostage. I believe in security.

I love reading these kinds of posts.
    I did think the first post was going to be about how wonderful a first impression was about it as you are a low level player but to my surprise you have shown quite the insight!
    I was expecting to remember how I felt as a low level again.
    I made a champy and was very squishy with paper armour and it took me months to get to Angmar and was scared every step I took in that place!
    When I got to Rivendel and completed Frodos Burden qst I cried! Such was the amazing story qsts npcs ingame I felt like I was there helping the fellowship along.
    There were lots of fellowship qsts ingame back in the day but now you can solo most content. Shame new players don't feel that, it was a proper mmo. Its still a great game imo but with so much soloable content you can go weeks without ever grouping.

I mainly play creep now and have a great time on my defiler.

when update 13 arrives I will qst and my alts. ive even got a low lvl ready with lvl disabler so I can do the revamped areas. Lotro still has a large hardcore fanbase and as long as they are giving us new stuff imo we will still play.

cant wait for the update im excited both for the qsts and the changes to creepside pvp!

Synergie of Eldar
    Naughtybutnice rank 12 of Snowbourn

Citation Envoyé par themannweb Voir le message
    Rohan was horrible made worse by Hytbold and Wildermere. The only quests I really liked in RoI were the quests within the Ring of Isengard itself.
    While you are entitled to this opinion, I disagree. There were some sub standard quests in these regions (the Wold particularly bored me senseless), but post RoI can be found some of my favourite questing regions (due mainly to the storylines):
    - Stangard's storyline about corruption and betrayal in Northern Rohan
    - the East Wall questline (I liked the Underwall and the look of the place was amazing)
    - the Sutcrofts quest line comprising Snowbourn and Walstow highlighting the problems with Fastred's disobedience of Eomer's command to cross the Entwash,
    - the search for the orcs of the White Mountains in the Eastfold and the political scheming of the Stonedeans (the Broadacres could be added to this list too, if it wasn't for pain in the #### mounted combat respawns).
    - And as for Wildermore... few quest lines can rival the same emotion that this one dragged out of me (though I won't elaborate to avoid spoilers) - the idea to have an entire region centred around 1 major theme and storyline was an experiment that worked well, in my opinion.
    - And Hytbold, though the dailies were dull, had a massive payoff in the Witan instances (which still need to be added to the reflecting pool of Snowbourn). My only gripe with this is that changes which occurred during this instance were not reflected in the landscape.

Anyway, in my view there are more hidden gems found questing in Rohan than might be apparent if you rush through the quests without reading the stories
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Règles de messages