Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 3 sur 3

Suggestion: Investing in Development Objectives

This may not be something everyone would want to do, but I beg that people not hate it because of that. This is something that I think can help the Devs gauge how much interest there is for certain future additions to the game, without making assumptions that might harm them in the longrun.

The Idea:
    So the idea is that there is a new Store category, called Development Investments, or something along those lines, where people can "donate" a small amount of Turbine Points to show that they are interested in (rapid) development of said Objective. The "donation" could be something like 50TP for 1 "share". There would be statistics on how many Shares are bought for each

Player Incentive:
    Just to give incentive to players for spending TP on something that very honestly might take a long time to happen, or might not happen, I also suggest that each Share/"donation" grant a small, account wide discount for any purchase, through the store or in-game coin. They would be stacking, up to say 50% off. I would say that each Share/"donation" could give a discount of between [.1%-.5%] (I would recommend .25%, which would allow 12500TP to be invested by any one account, which would grant 50% bonus; this might be better to cap off at 25% though). An example of this could be: I purchase 10 50TP "donations" to promote the development of "Crafting Wallet"; for each purchase I might receive a discount of Crafting materials, but I also would receive a discount for any and all future additions having to do with this Objective, such as a Lotro-Store-purchased upgrade that allows the use of a Crafting Wallet (like Premium Wallet). [The discount recieved would basically work for any related Coin purchases (present and future), but only apply to future Lotro-Store upgrades related to the Objective.

Safety:
    In order to prevent Turbine abuse of this, in reality, free-money making device, I would say the Developer Team would need to vote on each Objective (which could be proposed in a sub-forum or thread or something for analysis) to make sure that the Objective/idea is able to be done, as well as in the interest of Turbine. This is vital to the system in my opinion.

Some example Objectives:
    • More Housing Furniture (furniture copied from landscape, or new, exclusive ones) [discount on any new exclusive (store) furniture, as well as Coin-bought furniture in-game]
    • Free-placement Furniture [discount on furniture max-item count, or anything related]
    • More Social Capacity (friend list, chat channels, chat tabs) [discount on more slots for each of the said ideas, unless they are free, then just to support development]
    • Crafting Wallet [discount on vendor bought crafting materials, and any Crafting Wallet Upgrades]
    • More Classic Instances [discount might be a boost to Classic Instance Coin loot or something? or nothing]
    • New Ettenmoors/PvMP map [discount on map if it costs money, discount on Creep Store stuff?, and Freep Coin stuff]
    • blah, blah, blah

[Not every feature has to cost money just to be an Objective. For example, a More Classic Instances Objective could create more instances that everyone could use, which may or may not need to be bought for VIP, or with a cluster pack.]
    [The perks are supposed to be very small so you can invest a lot if you want to get the best perk (which aren't even all that useful for everything), without capping your personal investment and not being able to help fund/promote it anymore.]

Potential Issues:
    I recognize that few rich people could completely hog the Objectives and development attention, and I don't want that, but I want a way for people to give a say, with something substantial, to help guide the game's direction. And if people are investing a lot, they are either 1) helping directly with their "donations" or 2) plan on paying a lot in the future for these products and features as well.

edit:Possible Tweak to the system:
    A possible issue might be that the objectives get overpowered as time progresses, so what I might suggest is that there are bi-annually or quarterly openings of these Investments, which are sold for a month, at the end of the month, the one with the most investment (including prior investments) would be a primary focus for a quarterly/bi-annual release.[Turbine should/would need to (PLEASE!) show us the results of the tallied Investments, but only after each Investing session is over, and the verdict on the focus Objective has been determined.] The issue with this is that it might take longer to develop each objective, and unless there was a lot of feedback, it might not work well (as with all of this). If this idea were to happen, I would suggest that it be a free vote, in-game, to all VIPs, and F2P’ers or Premiums can buy 1 Ballot (with all of the current Objectives) for ~ 250TP each voting session (2-4 times a year) [This is to show that people investing in the game should have a say, but also to prevent excessive F2P account creating just to vote for your favorite Objective, thus lessening the value of those who invested].

Add your own Objective Ideas here:
    Feel free to extend my Objective list right here to help improve this suggestion (whether you like it or not). I will try to update the main list, but if I don't just put your idea formatted as so,so others can see:
    "Objective Idea: <what it is>"
    Dernière modification par pittcrew1 ; 24/03/2014 à 06h59.
    [center]100 Burglar - Baldigar, 100 Minstrel - Desmio, 100 LM - Cartontolos, 100 Warden - Handorost, 100 Beorning - Geirvarinn, 100 RK - Thrandstar, 100 Captain - Aeganros, 100 Guardian - Heornar, 58 Hunter - Saerielle[/center]
    [center][color=cyan][b]Landroval[/b][/color], The [color=orange][i]Blackheart Pirates[/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQrIwW8CUAAn8hK.png:large[/img][/center]
    [center][url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?527939-What-LotRO-needs-to-focus-on-(that-is-not-specifically-endgame)]My Mega Suggestions Thread[/url][/center]

In short - Kickstarter in Lotro.

There are two problems:

1) discount for in-game purchase. 1% - is this so much? Hardly.

2) Turbine points are not real money. Make few deeds and here you are, 50 TPs.

Revamp of the idea:

Turbine with Player Council discusses some idea. Idea is nice and shiny, but developers doubt if it would be profitable.

Majority of devs and Council votes for idea

Idea is kickstarted. One "like" - NN dollars. Targets are set, like "500 $ – drawings are made, 1500 $ - coding." etc

Idea gains enough $ to get started

Hurray, we have new nice and shiny thing in Lotro.

Citation Envoyé par NaktiesKarys Voir le message
    In short - Kickstarter in Lotro.

There are two problems:

*1) discount for in-game purchase. 1% - is this so much? Hardly.

*2) Turbine points are not real money. Make few deeds and here you are, 50 TPs.

Revamp of the idea:

*Turbine with Player Council discusses some idea. Idea is nice and shiny, but developers doubt if it would be profitable.
    Majority of devs and Council votes for idea

*Idea is kickstarted. One "like" - NN dollars. Targets are set, like "500 $ – drawings are made, 1500 $ - coding." etc
    Idea gains enough $ to get started
    Hurray, we have new nice and shiny thing in Lotro.

*The discounts are supposed to be extremely low (and they are .1% pet Share, not even 1%). The point of the discounts is to give a physical, guaranteed (albeit small) perk to people who are taking the chance and possibly losing money if the idea is either not as good as promised, or it doesn't come to fruition before the game is over, or because of technical problems, or because of game management take-over.

*I know that Turbine Points aren't real money, and I know that they vary from free, to ~.3 cents - 1.3 cents of something depending on sales and the pack you buy. The point is not to entirely make money with this "kickstarter" (which it is), it is to see primarily who is (more) interested in what, and then to make a little cash to help fund it. And that argument doesn't really help in a F2P game, you have to assume that Turbine Points have some value, or else the game is running off of nothing. I not saying ever single Point spent should/will be worth something, but it will show that later on people intend on spending money/grinding time to get what they invested in (like everything else is). Also, 50TP feels like a right amount because if you wanted to just input 1 Share, just for the sake of it (you have a little extra TP; or like the idea), it wont make you poor. It wont make you rich, but it will help the objective be completed.

*The issue with letting Turbine and the Council discuss and vote on ideas (not just discuss them to determine if they are a fair Objective) is 1) that wont get them any evidence that the "shiny thing" will actually be profitable or desired by anyone beyond Turbine and the Council [no matter how much they think they can represent, everyone is different]. They have made mistakes before (to help this each Objective should have a comment section in the forums though). Also, because everyone is different, this will allow each person to invest what they see fair to make it happen. If someone wants to grind a lot, or spend a lot of money to advance an Objective, they can.

*I would be fine with Kickstarters, but very honestly, I doubt it would be as successful(for the very reason that you have to spend actual cash), and people would probably have even a bigger monopoly (by rich people) of votes than in-game. Also, the biggest reason why I suggested this was to ensure that players, in-game, would have a way to know about these decisions, and help make them (a lot of people don't know about or want to use Forums, and thus they would not be able in input any influence on the outcome). Kickstarters also have a bigger issue or having harder to distribute goal rewards. Each contributed would need a code, and while that means they could share codes, it also is not as easy as buying in-game Shares and being auto-granted the little perks, no matter the outcome of the "kickstarter"/objective.

These are just my reasons why I chose to make it like I did. I do not entirely disagree with your feedback, and I know my system isnt the best, but I feel like it will get the most interaction and results will contain a lot of sources (players).
    [center]100 Burglar - Baldigar, 100 Minstrel - Desmio, 100 LM - Cartontolos, 100 Warden - Handorost, 100 Beorning - Geirvarinn, 100 RK - Thrandstar, 100 Captain - Aeganros, 100 Guardian - Heornar, 58 Hunter - Saerielle[/center]
    [center][color=cyan][b]Landroval[/b][/color], The [color=orange][i]Blackheart Pirates[/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQrIwW8CUAAn8hK.png:large[/img][/center]
    [center][url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?527939-What-LotRO-needs-to-focus-on-(that-is-not-specifically-endgame)]My Mega Suggestions Thread[/url][/center]

Règles de messages