Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 9 sur 9

Legendary Items that are not weapons: When to 'upgrade'?

Hi all, would appreciate any insight.

I'm no expert on legendaries (highest level character is 77, haven't done much raiding and have no 1st age weapons, only 2nd age drops & crafted) but i understand the basics.

I have a champion that just hit level 60.

I bought a dropped 2nd age axe on the auction house. legacies look good enough for my uses, so is there any advantage aside from random chance of better legacies to crafting my own level 60 2nd age axe? are crafted & dropped identical aside from random draw of legacies?

The more pressing issue: legendary items that are not weapons:

I am still using the champion rune I got from the watcher. Try as I might, I never found any rune (even after reforging once or twice) that had legacies half as good for me as the first did, so I kept using the original, and now it's level 50 or so.

hitting level 60 I figured the best thing to do was to have my jeweler craft a level 60 2nd age rune, which I did. I feel like a sucker. Why'd I waste the mithril flakes on this? it does have a second aspect other than the improved incoming healing (which is of little importance since I solo 95% of the time) but the legacies: very disappointing: 1 I don't use bc I don't trait blue, another is a tier 1 ebb cool down (another skill I never use bc I'm not grouping much) and the other a so-so legacy for me, tier 3.

So my question is: should I ever bother 'upgrading' the champion rune? it doesn't seem to be an upgrade at all. I see no increase in the tiers of the legacies, just the same random draw & poor chance of having a high tier on them, only a slight increase in incoming healing and power reducers for blade skills?

have to say I am very underwhelmed by what i thought would be an improvement. it feels like I must have missed the point.

The cooldown for the jeweler craft is over 2 days. Is it worth trying again, or are the items that are not weapons just not worth making? Weapons have an obvious improvement: they do more dps. but the older age & higher level non-weapons, I'm failing to see the significance.

Thanks!

Citation Envoyé par Ibriel Voir le message
    I bought a dropped 2nd age axe on the auction house. legacies look good enough for my uses, so is there any advantage aside from random chance of better legacies to crafting my own level 60 2nd age axe? are crafted & dropped identical aside from random draw of legacies?
    No. And, I'm not sure what "advantage" you think exists.
    When you identify a LI, it'll have the three random major legacies of random tiers. A crafted LI has the same chances of being just as crummy as a dropped one.

The more pressing issue: legendary items that are not weapons:
    For Burglars and Champions, the increase in Incoming Healing as the minimum level increases of the Class item is fairly negligible until about lvl 86+. So, getting and keeping a Second Age Class item to keep a while isn't a bad idea. However, if you have a lvl 77, you should know that the Enedwaith Epic will give you a free lvl 65 Second Age Class item. So, there's no need for you to ever craft a LI at this level.

Also, as rewards for the Epics, you'll be getting Scroll of Delving and some Scrolls of Empowerment that you can use to improve the SA Class item you get in Enedwaith.

Thanks for the reply!

I wasn't sure if the crafted items were the exact same, better or worse than the dropped of the same type & level, if they had different chances of success for some aspects, like I'd seen some items having 2 of the same aspect, like 2 lines of shield use bonus on guardian belts, where I'm pretty sure I saw on the same or higher level items only one bonus instead of 2.. sounds like they are the same though (?)

It will be some time before the champion gets to Enedwaith so was wondering if there was a point to trying to craft a level 60 2nd age rune again, since the one I made is nearly useless except as a relic holder, and my watcher quest rune can do that just as well and has better & higher tier legacies. I was just surprised the level 60 2nd age rune seemed hardly different or better than random low 50's level 3rd age LI rune drops since the difference in weapons is pretty significant.

Thanks Yamy,

I think I understood all of that. I know you can put the xp points into increasing the rank of a legacy (that's what I put most of my item's xp into), and also knew you can get a scroll of one of the legacies when you decon the item if it's level 21 or more... though it's only a tier 2 version, so not seeing how it is an improvement to take what might be a tier 5 or 6+ legacy from a low level rune, decon the rune, get a scroll of that legacy and put it on a higher level rune and the legacy is now a tier 2 version and will cost a lot more to rank up... if there isn't an advantage to being a higher level item, why demote a legacy from high tier to tier 2?

I did know about the empowerment scroll to increase a legacy's tier, but they're pretty pricey with LotrO store points, which I don't have a lot of since I spent mine of fun & frivolous things like more character slots, mounts, outfits & emotes, and relic removal scrolls to save higher level relics from being destroyed. so maybe the system lets you build an item as awesome as you want, but it's limited by as awesome as you can afford which for me right now, isn't so awesome

But from the sound of it, there isn't much inherent difference between a level 50 3rd age rune and a level 60 2nd age rune just a boost in incoming healing rating.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, since the difference between a level 50 3rd age weapon and a level 60 2nd age weapon seems very significant.

and also knew you can get a scroll of one of the legacies when you decon the item if it's level 21 or more...
    lvl 30 or more.
    though it's only a tier 2 version, so not seeing how it is an improvement to take what might be a tier 5 or 6+ legacy
    That's why you use the Scroll(s) of Empowerment.
    I did know about the empowerment scroll to increase a legacy's tier, but they're pretty pricey with LotrO store points,
    Then, don't buy them with TP. Level up LI's, decon them for Relics, refine the Relics for Shards, meld the Shards into Scrolls. Or, just barter for them. Or, do the Epic quest line and get them as a reward.

relic removal scrolls to save higher level relics from being destroyed.
    o.O Your highest level is 77. Trust me. You don't have any "higher level relics" to be saved yet.
    But from the sound of it, there isn't much inherent difference between a level 50 3rd age rune and a level 60 2nd age rune just a boost in incoming healing rating.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, since the difference between a level 50 3rd age weapon and a level 60 2nd age weapon seems very significant.
    For Burglar's Tools and Champ's Runes, the major difference is that the First Age will have more points to spend ranking up the Legacies, but will also require a lot more experience to get to max level.

However, even with that, I'd say not to bother building a LI with anything but what you get for free as part of the Epic quest line, because it's not worth the time and investment to build a "best" LI until you get to the level cap.

hale: I didn't notice you could use shards to make the scrolls. thanks, that's handy. looking at the cost in shards though, I don't see it too viable to take a tier 2 relic up to 6 or more.. it takes a lot of shards to make one of those scrolls, let alone several. I've used some shards before to meld relics, to get a more useful one, but not very often, and right now I have just 1,500 shards. that's less than 2 empowerment scrolls. hmm. maybe the number increases as you get higher levels?

but speaking to that, would you really recommend just deconstructing a weapon and losing the relics? last time I deconstructed I saved them: my champion had three tier 7 relics. took a lot of pyramid melding to get those.. seems a waste to just throw them away.

Yamy: Thanks, understood.

I had just had an (apparently incorrect) assumption that a 2nd age item would have higher tiers of legacies than a lower level 3rd age item.
    Second age I had understood to be sought after and more valuable, and after seeing it, I couldn't see why that might be, and other than weapons, I'm still not sure why it would matter.

I just expected there to be a more significant difference, and since i can't find much of one, I'm left wondering why I would be tempted to deconstruct a level 50 3rd age rune with legacies that I find useful, that are at a reasonably high tier only to start over on another item, spending a lot of turbine points or shards or other things just to bring the new item up to what the old one already does. I've always heard people say you should keep getting new & higher level items, get 2nd age when you can, etc. but in this case it doesn't seem to make any sense to do so, and thus, my confusion over why I might want to and what I wasn't seeing that i should be seeing.

seems to come down to a choice between deconstructing to gain the increase in incoming healing, and if the random draw of legacies are worth the switch. Guess the item was just randomly a bad result for me, I'll just let it gain xp as a feeder, and hope to find something better later.

maybe the number increases as you get higher levels?
    Shards come fast a freely at higher levels. This is why you only go after a "perfect" LI when you're at cap. Not at lvl 60.
    but speaking to that, would you really recommend just deconstructing a weapon and losing the relics? last time I deconstructed I saved them: my champion had three tier 7 relics. took a lot of pyramid melding to get those.. seems a waste to just throw them away.
    Why are you equipping a tier 7 relic on a lvl 60 LI in the first place? Don't do that.
    Compare Setting of Might at Tier 4 (19M/477PM) to a Tier 7 (24M/501PM); +5M, +24PM? Just equip a Tier 4 on your LI's.

Besides, Scrolls of Relic Removal are more for when you have unique relics melded at a Relic Master.
    I just expected there to be a more significant difference, and since i can't find much of one, I'm left wondering why I would be tempted to deconstruct a level 50 3rd age rune with legacies that I find useful, that are at a reasonably high tier only to start over on another item, spending a lot of turbine points or shards or other things just to bring the new item up to what the old one already does. I've always heard people say you should keep getting new & higher level items, get 2nd age when you can, etc. but in this case it doesn't seem to make any sense to do so, and thus, my confusion over why I might want to and what I wasn't seeing that i should be seeing.
    Cappy's, LM's, Mini's and RK's get Outgoing Healing Modifier that make upgrading every so often worth while.
    Guard's had Shield Use, Hunt's and Ward's have DPS that make upgrading every so often worth while.

Burg's and Champ's got the short end of the stick with Incoming Healing Modifier. The only thing that's inherently better for a First/Second Age than a Third is that the F/S have more points to invest in ranking up Legacies.

Thanks Hale,

I know the difference between a tier 7 relic & tier 4 is minor, but I figured as long as I'd worked up to that, why not use it, enjoy it, and remove it before deconning that item. I'm not end-game focused, can probably tell since I've played on & off since day 1 and don't have a single level cap character. but can see your point: it's expensive to use those scrolls so probably isn't worth the tiny advantage, even if I'm not racing to 95. I was just wanting to get the most out of what I had along the way. sounds like I shouldn't be thinking of the rune as much more than a relic caddy and far off potential as deconstructed parts.

Does incoming healing rating at least affect the self-heal skills & potions, or only healing skills from other players?

Citation Envoyé par YamydeAragon Voir le message
    Tactical Mastery affect both incoming heals
    That's wrong.

Tactical Mastery affects Tactical Offense and Outgoing Tactical Healing. It has nothing to do with incoming heals.
    Does incoming healing rating at least affect the self-heal skills & potions, or only healing skills from other players?
    If you want to know what a stat does, open your Character panel and hover over the stat to see its tool tip. You might need to check the show all stats option at the top.

Incoming healing increases the amount of incoming morale by a percentage.

Règles de messages