Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 14 sur 14

Discussion: Buffs and Debuffs

Buffs and Debuffs

Are there any plans to change the horrendous lag you receive by targeting pretty much anyone in a RvR situation these days? The amount of buff and debuff icons are absolutely ridiculous now, and I don't think it's my computer as the recommended settings for it are Ultra-high. The only time I ever lag is in RvR when we're targeting enemies that have 7-8+ rows of buffs and debuffs. Could you maybe consolidate all the buffs into one icon which shows all the buffs you have only when you mouse over the icon?

And something similar for debuffs too. Just a thought though, comment and criticize as you please.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

Buffs yes, debuffs not so much.

the buffs i can see because its going into your additional buffing -as such :P- and to help condense everything i could see that being a viable option

However debuffs are slightly more important as you need to be able to see what to remove -pot wise- and in cases like reaver impale, a freep probabably wants to be able to see how many DoTs are on them, similiar to spider dots, they can be many and you want to know whats sitting there.
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/1repgl.jpg[/IMG]
    Vilya: r11 Hunter, r11 Reaver, r7 WL r7 Defiler
    Snowbourne: r3 Warg
    Imladris: r7 Spider

How to fix lagz? Stop being a raidbaby.

Try it! Works 100%
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

Citation Envoyé par arghh Voir le message

Try it! Works 100%
    Not really. Soon or later, raids bring the lag to you, plus often enough any skirmish action you might find is going to be in the vicinity anyway.

Anyway it's a bit silly that merely targetting someone with several rows of buffs and debuffs can lag you to hell.
    [size=1]Freeps (Snowbourn): [b]Equanor (R11 MNS)[/b] - Equendil - Orlo - Equadoc - Quaolin - Oshia - Kaolin - Equaric - Equorn
    Creeps (Snowbourn): Veloch (R9 RVR) - Velrow (R10 BA) - Velkro - Oruk - Velrot - Velreth
    Author of the [url=http://tiny.cc/2zm50w]Legendary Item Planner[/url], [url=http://tiny.cc/m1m50w]Bootstrap[/url] and [url=http://tiny.cc/41m50w]Baruk[/url] plugins.[/size]

I've been checking on Eve Online lately, funny to see people there complain that the shard can't handle 4,000 players plus countless drones all in the same place.
    [size=1]Freeps (Snowbourn): [b]Equanor (R11 MNS)[/b] - Equendil - Orlo - Equadoc - Quaolin - Oshia - Kaolin - Equaric - Equorn
    Creeps (Snowbourn): Veloch (R9 RVR) - Velrow (R10 BA) - Velkro - Oruk - Velrot - Velreth
    Author of the [url=http://tiny.cc/2zm50w]Legendary Item Planner[/url], [url=http://tiny.cc/m1m50w]Bootstrap[/url] and [url=http://tiny.cc/41m50w]Baruk[/url] plugins.[/size]

first thing: in social option select "shows only removable effects". this will hide all useless buffs icons.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000002930e0/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

No, he is talking about the many buffs you get selecting someone.

Say, select a freep. 3 rows of buffs. Gets 2 rows of debuffs, then another 1-2 rows of buffs from support/heals. Lag is unbearable.

Simple solution: Condense all the OP/Keep buffs into one buff. All "Toggle" buffs be displayed under one buff (mouse over reveals all). All I want to see when I target a freep is what support buffs they have (IHW, BUbble, RK hots, SI etc). Those are essential. Their store buffs, like defence and attack tomes I don't really care about.

Try it! Works 100%
    Yes, playing solo/duo 85% of the time is being a raidbaby of course.

Be quiet if you have nothing useful to contribute.

Citation Envoyé par Moors-Battlemaster Voir le message
    No, he is talking about the many buffs you get selecting someone.

Say, select a freep. 3 rows of buffs. Gets 2 rows of debuffs, then another 1-2 rows of buffs from support/heals. Lag is unbearable.

Simple solution: Condense all the OP/Keep buffs into one buff. All "Toggle" buffs be displayed under one buff (mouse over reveals all). All I want to see when I target a freep is what support buffs they have (IHW, BUbble, RK hots, SI etc). Those are essential. Their store buffs, like defence and attack tomes I don't really care about.
    ^
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

Citation Envoyé par TheOrcsBane Voir le message
    Yes, playing solo/duo 85% of the time is being a raidbaby of course.

Be quiet if you have nothing useful to contribute.

^
    i love you too?
    argio r11 burglar | trytofarmme r10 reaver | trytoloveme r10 spider | ikissedafreep r10 blackarrow | roargh r9 warleader | trytocatchme r9 warg |

i love you too?
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

Question

I would love to see something done about this aswell ever since this "refreshing" of buff/debuff icons been implemented in RoR you get tremendous lag / fps drop when your target has 3+ rows, which will happen very often in ettens.
    Maybe any dev can give us more insight as to why this was changed compared to the "static" icons from pre RoR, and explain if this can or can't be reverted.

At this point I'm so tired of the buff icon lag that I would rather check which faction owns what on the map now instead of having everything hanging on our vitals bar.

Between keeps, OPs, Delving bosses, and rank promotion (freepside)--that's ten buffs that can be done away with or you could give us a checkbox to just "hide" in much the same way that we have "show only dispellable effects" or "show effects cast by you" options for our fellows. Give us an option to show/hide what tomes people have applied (like morale/power, damage, defense, etc.), and I'll be even happier.

If I were to guess, this is probably one of the simpler ways to reduce lag in the 'moors.

I believe in either SoM or RoI that the buffs/debuffs began to have a 'flickering' effect on people's bars due to the way they were organized to appear. Instead of adding from left to right then going under, certain buffs will push an entire row down then back up. This contributed to a lot of lag in my experience so there was something done in that particular coding that is causing people to lock up.

Certainly needs to be addressed. I'd like to be able to support my group without lagging out to heal and then unable to heal the next person and so forth.

Citation Envoyé par Intharth Voir le message
    Buffs yes, debuffs not so much.

the buffs i can see because its going into your additional buffing -as such :P- and to help condense everything i could see that being a viable option

However debuffs are slightly more important as you need to be able to see what to remove -pot wise- and in cases like reaver impale, a freep probabably wants to be able to see how many DoTs are on them, similiar to spider dots, they can be many and you want to know whats sitting there.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what you could do with debuffs, if anything, as you need to be able to see them. I'll think about it I suppose.

Citation Envoyé par Aranedain Voir le message
    At this point I'm so tired of the buff icon lag that I would rather check which faction owns what on the map now instead of having everything hanging on our vitals bar.

Between keeps, OPs, Delving bosses, and rank promotion (freepside)--that's ten buffs that can be done away with or you could give us a checkbox to just "hide" in much the same way that we have "show only dispellable effects" or "show effects cast by you" options for our fellows. Give us an option to show/hide what tomes people have applied (like morale/power, damage, defense, etc.), and I'll be even happier.

If I were to guess, this is probably one of the simpler ways to reduce lag in the 'moors.
    Agreed, I would rather manually check who owns what rather than them having a buff for each keep/OP/etc under their character portrait. I'd also love an option to turn off store buffs such as Tomes of Defense, etc.

Citation Envoyé par Familiarity Voir le message
    I believe in either SoM or RoI that the buffs/debuffs began to have a 'flickering' effect on people's bars due to the way they were organized to appear. Instead of adding from left to right then going under, certain buffs will push an entire row down then back up. This contributed to a lot of lag in my experience so there was something done in that particular coding that is causing people to lock up.

Certainly needs to be addressed. I'd like to be able to support my group without lagging out to heal and then unable to heal the next person and so forth.
    I don't remember it being an issue during SoM, and I quit right before RoI so if I were to venture a guess I'd say it was RoI. And yes, it's more of an issue for healing classes than anyone else really as DPS can target forward through the target assist. Unless healers target forward through whoever is calling targets on the other side, which isn't a solution as you will be targeted and tooltipped and destroyed as often as possible for doing this, they lag out trying to heal those in need of heals simply because of all the buffs/debuffs that they are recieving from being attacked by many enemy players and being healed and buffed and such by friendly ones.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

Règles de messages