Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 7 sur 7

Discussion: Best Solo Class?

Best Solo Class?

Hi guys,

Just returning after a long hiatus: kind of realized now that nothing's the same haha. I'm going to start all over again and am looking for a good solo class. Now, I've seen all these threads about how every class can solo. However, I'm looking for the BEST class that can solo the most landscape AND instance content. While I would prefer speed of course, I would rather play a class that can solo MORE content (instances) slower than a class that can solo less faster.

Obviously I'm not just talking about soloing landscape. I'm talking about soloing as much end game instance + content etc. as possible. What is the most effective class that can solo THE most content? (landscape + instances + whatever else the new end game content is I have no idea lol).

Thanks in advance

champions seem to do pretty well , apparently can still solo skraids , wardens were always traditionally "a small fellowship" atleast but I'm not sure how kind the HD changes were on them. Yellow line captains are nigh on indestructible but I hear their dps is pretty low in it.

from the little I know I'd speculate champs
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

What are you asking for is a small fellowship which is a warden. If you are familiar with how the warden used to play then things are a bit different. You still are able to self heal, have some massive tanking abilities (through avoidance) and do some real decent DPS. The have chain gambits which has finishing moves (does more when done in order). I am not a huge fan of this but that is the way most classes are made now (other classes have cash out) but once you get used to this you can see how the number stack up. I have died several times after the release of HD but that is probably because I am still pushing the limit of what I can do. If you want a class that can run into an orc camp and pull 10 - 15 mobs and survive then this class is for you.

The guard can be a decent solo class. I know I have taken my guard on T3 6 man skirmishes and survived. It is a slow process. But when leveling up you will do fine. In fact most of the lower - mid levels all classes are very good at soloing. The champ is very good as well as it does some massive melee damage. My Champ is only mid level so I can't say how it is now that the revamp has taken place. The Captain is fine and very fun to level up. Though killing some of the elite bosses can take a long time.

For more of a challenge then go for a Minstrel. They have some real massive burst DPS and can also heal. I am enjoying soloing my way through Rohan at the moment (of course if you never fellowship then you avoiding a main role of this class).

Best way to decide is to see how you like to play. Level one up to 30 and see if you like the game play. If not try another class.

Enjoy
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

Thanks for the replies so far. I've narrowed my choices down to champ, cappy, and warden. Obviously pre HD I'd be all over warden, but I'm not sure with the post HD which of these three classes can solo the most 3 and 6-man end game instances? And if they all can, which does it faster?

THanks

All solid choices. I would argue that warden is the safest choice for you, though. Starting over, it will take you a while to get to cap, so it's worth bearing in mind that changes are fairly likely during that time period. Champs will likely be improved somewhat - we know we'll be getting hedge back, and Jinjaah has expressed a general desire to make red line viable and blue line more enjoyable and effective as well. I haven't followed captains as closely, but general opinion seems to be that yellow cappies are completely ridiculous right now, so some nerfing should probably be expected there. Likewise I haven't followed wardens too closely either but my impression was that complaints were pretty specific to tanking/threat mechanics which is largely irrelevant to soloing instances of various sizes, and to the extent that changes are likely they'd be a minor improvement for your purposes.

I'd also strongly advise playing lots of characters on lots of servers, as a precaution against your original server turning out to be less suitable than you thought. If you're truly a pure soloer it won't matter, but if you do decide you want to group sometimes you'll need to be on one of the larger servers. And within a given server, the more characters you have, the more crafting you can do to support yourself - four characters can cover all craft skills. So ultimately my answer to your "champ, captain, or warden?" question is "yes". Going beyond those three, burglars can now solo quite well (most 3-mans on level), guardians should be pretty solid soloers, and I know LMs used to be considered the best soloers before wardens existed.

Thanks, that's exactly what Im looking for. Ill be sure to go with a warden

Citation Envoyé par Mr.WaffleMakerMan Voir le message
    Hi guys,

Just returning after a long hiatus: kind of realized now that nothing's the same haha. I'm going to start all over again and am looking for a good solo class. Now, I've seen all these threads about how every class can solo. However, I'm looking for the BEST class that can solo the most landscape AND instance content. While I would prefer speed of course, I would rather play a class that can solo MORE content (instances) slower than a class that can solo less faster.

Obviously I'm not just talking about soloing landscape. I'm talking about soloing as much end game instance + content etc. as possible. What is the most effective class that can solo THE most content? (landscape + instances + whatever else the new end game content is I have no idea lol).

Thanks in advance
    Hunters are good.....Quick to level due to killing mobs at a distance quickly, not so good on more than 2 at once confrontations, but fine for 1-1 or 2-1... I've levelled one to cap no problem.
    Guardians... My sword and board guard is unstoppable in a crowd, just swing until they are all dead....Currently level 93
    Minstrel: Have one at 86 or 87 atm, I echo what was said above....Great solo, really ###### on mounted combat or when you get swarmed, unless you kite... Kiting they are good.

so far, I have levelled every class except Loremaster to at least the 50's and with the changes brought in last year, my Guard is still easiest to level when it comes to soloing a lot of content... For mounted combat and soloing warbands, my Hunter is best,. Hunter mounted combat is da bomb...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001ee3e9/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Règles de messages