Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 20 sur 20

The House of Tom Bombadil recruiting

Hi All,

THOTB is looking for new members. My wife and I have been in this kinship for about 2.5 years. Its always been not more than a few members. We got involved with the kin leader a long time ago with the understanding one day we would take it over to rebuild it. Well some months back now the leader left to kin to me and my wife.

Being that this was not a really active kin and was already dead 2.5 years ago. My wife and I were in other kin's to get content done. Well Over the last years most of the kinships I was involved with has Died or just become inactive.

SO We thought maybe it was time to Rebuild this old kin since it was ours to to with as we please now. Over the last few weeks we have been restocking the kinship stores with Low level matts and redecorating the kin house getting ready to reopen the kin to the General Population once again with hope to get this old kin revived.

One of our goals is to get back to more group play chatting in vent and having fun. we are big on doing deeds to make Tp and getting all our virtues.

Completing our rep in every area using a xp disabler. I see today everyone complaining the game is too easy Not true just use a XP disabler and go after mobs 5 levels over you and you will see that the game can still be fun also this make much of the quest reward gear sometimes even worth using.

The story line can give you nice gear if the quest are 5 levels higher then u are too. Lotro is not going to change the game for us we have to change the way we play.

I see one complaint after another that there is not enough group content or content at end game well the answer is simple make use of the content that is here as you level there is no reason to be in a hurry to Helms deep that gear is not that great the whole expansion was pretty weak but as level you can do some very good older raids that are old school tough.

We are alt aholics having max alts on this server this will make thing much easier to have group run that are balance.

It time to stop the whining about what the game don't have and make use of all the great stuff it does have

SO at this point we are looking for a few good folks to establish a base of officers to build the kinship from.

We are looking for Tolkien Fans that love his work no just the run of the mill power level to end game then sit in the forum saying there is nothing to do.

Our mission is to make the best of one of the greatest games ever made by playing it all not just bits and pieces that get you to cap in 2 months and making friends having good laughs so having a good sense of humor is a big plus along with a friendly nature.

We are also looking for folks that want to be leaders and mentors to help make this happen. That means people that want to help build this game up not spending their time in the forum tearing it down

Now the face of LOTRO has changed so much many folks just end up soloing most which yes it can be done that way but to tell the truth having folks to play with IMHO is just more fun.

Having Folks to chat with in vent and joke with and such really adds much to the experience of playing LOTRO at least it does for us. The problem we have is our kin needs members to hang out with.

A few of the things I was hoping to do with this kin was to get some folks together to Run

The Road to Erebor as there is a nice steed for completing this.

Also I don't know if many know it but there is a very long hard Meta Deed in Moria for a really cool black goat. The name of the Meta deed is Saviour of Khazad-dûm . Well since the game has become solified it kinda killed doing deeds like this as it one time you really need people to complete

Here is a link to the Wiki on this deed http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Savi...hazad-d%C3%BBm

Ok so these are just few of the really cool thing we would like to do with this kin.

We would Like to run some of the older Raids too Like the Rift and Helegrod.

Lets face it Helms Deep is going to keep you busy for about 2 weeks *lol* but we have plan to running that stuff too. But as I said there is not much to it.

SO we were thinking what are we going to do for the rest of the year. So build up a kin to run some of this other stuff came to mind.

So here we are looking to find other displaced players from a better age of LOTRO and needing something fun to do.

SO there is the plan.

We just added ventrilo now as well and will be the preferred method of communication in this kin

I would also like to see us having a few nights a week to Creeps and Freeps doing a bit of PVP stuff for fun too.

This game still has so much to offer if you just use all the game not just the last level not that the last level stuff won't be done too I just think that the first 94 levels have much more to offer than level 95 ever could

Just a bit about myself I came here from DDO In just about one year of the 3 years I was playing there Our guild was in the top 10 we did something different there too it was called having fun. DDO was a very elitist game back then and there was ton a folks that wanted no part no that all we did was bring them together and built some great friendships but after 3 years a fighting with the elites I just wanted to play a game and have fun again and that was how I ended up here Me and a half dozen of my officers threw in the towel and came here. I just had no desire to run a kin after 3 years there "but I am quite ready for another adventure"

So please is this sounds like something u would like to do .....

1) You can respond to this post
    2) you can send me a in game Mail to Rocbourn (Me Kinleader)or Galwing (My shield maiden)
    3) add us to your friends list and when u see us online shoot us a tell in game.
    4) Opps almost forgot we have a website to if you want to check it out and contact us there http://www.thotb.guildportal.com/Gui...&TabID=3699211

Or Skype iam2twisted4u@gmail.com if u have it would be the best but add a note when u request to get on my friends list there so I know its about THOTB not some asian girl looking for a buddy *lol*

We are open to ideas to build this kin and need some really good people to make this work
    Dernière modification par Fearless.one ; 09/03/2014 à 22h14.
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

Hi I was wondering where you guys were from and what time do you play?

Citation Envoyé par Winstien Voir le message
    Hi I was wondering where you guys were from and what time do you play?
    Ok we are from the Nashville TN, USA central time zone Me and Galwing get on about 6 pm central and play all nite til about 5 or 6 am and we are on most everyday. My wife is on even more than me as I am disabled with a real bad back so some days I can't Play
    Dernière modification par Fearless.one ; 11/01/2014 à 22h16.
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

We are still looking for new member please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions

Citation Envoyé par Fearless.one Voir le message

So here we are looking to find other displaced players from a better age of LOTRO and needing something fun to do.

SO there is the plan. If this sounds like the kind a stuff you would like to do

1) You can respond to this post
    2) you can send me a in game Mail to Rocbourn (Me Kinleader)or Galwing (My shield maiden)
    3) add us to your friends list and when u see us online shoot us a tell in game.
    4) Opps almost forgot we have a website to if you want to check it out and contact us there http://www.thotb.guildportal.com/Gui...&TabID=3699211

We are open to ideas to build this kin and need some really good people to make this work
    Hi there. I'm from an old Kin that my friends and I started 4 years ago. I quit soon after because of RL issues and just got back several weeks ago to find the Kin dead, everyone gone. I've since left an alt to prop my dead Kin up and joined a Kin that unfortunately isnt very active, and has most of its few active players at lvl 75+, and those usually unwilling to help out lower lvls. I have a lvl 55 Champion and am currently in Moria, working my way through but have hit a wall: I have tons of Fellowship quests, some of which you have mentioned, which I cannot finish (glff also seems rather unwilling to form groups to do these).
    Im a casual player, well over 21 years of age, not interested in racing to level cap and enjoy taking my time and experiencing the levelling process. I would love to be able to quest with others more or less my level, and do instances and finish Deeds with them. I also like friendly, chatty Kins where people actually talk to each other, and am a fan of Vent or other forms of voice chat.
    If you think Im suitable, please send me a mail in-game and I'll contact you for an invite, and will likewise attempt to contact you. Character name is Celeliniel.

Thanks hope to join your Kin soon!

Citation Envoyé par Sajuuk Voir le message
    Hi there. I'm from an old Kin that my friends and I started 4 years ago. I quit soon after because of RL issues and just got back several weeks ago to find the Kin dead, everyone gone. I've since left an alt to prop my dead Kin up and joined a Kin that unfortunately isnt very active, and has most of its few active players at lvl 75+, and those usually unwilling to help out lower lvls. I have a lvl 55 Champion and am currently in Moria, working my way through but have hit a wall: I have tons of Fellowship quests, some of which you have mentioned, which I cannot finish (glff also seems rather unwilling to form groups to do these).
    Im a casual player, well over 21 years of age, not interested in racing to level cap and enjoy taking my time and experiencing the levelling process. I would love to be able to quest with others more or less my level, and do instances and finish Deeds with them. I also like friendly, chatty Kins where people actually talk to each other, and am a fan of Vent or other forms of voice chat.
    If you think Im suitable, please send me a mail in-game and I'll contact you for an invite, and will likewise attempt to contact you. Character name is Celeliniel.

Ok I got your mail I will reply it sound like you might fit in fine with my wife and I on a 2nd set that we run in a duet they are level 53 and 54 I think so we should be kinda close. The kinship hear was a dead kin too that we took over about like your situation. Anyway i will send a reply to your mail

U could contact me Via skype as well iam2twisted4u@gmail.com
    Dernière modification par Fearless.one ; 02/03/2014 à 18h57.

Citation Envoyé par Sajuuk Voir le message

I would like to welcome our newest member Celeliniel

Now we still need new member That enjoy the older content and like doing the older raids instances meta deeds. So if you like that kinda stuff get in touch since at this point there has been no new content announced it a good time to do the stuff you missed the first few times around. Please feel free to post here if your interested

Just a quick note we just added Ventrilo today the better way to chat and organize groups and raids of just plain old cutting up for fun

THOTB wants YOU !!!!! come on in the waters fine and we don't bit! Well maybe just a little nibbble from time to time *lol*

We currently have a nice Trio of a Champ Loremaster Mini doing the moria Meta Deed and all the quest. We would like to find at least 3 more to add to our little kin. Like a captain guard Runekeeper warden or hunter but all classes are welcome, WE will finish every deed in moria and the story line. So far its going well but we need a few more before we hit 60 to do the instance cluster. We run most every nite from 6pm central US time til 6 AM so in the past Aussie members work very well with the time we play.

Please contact Rocbourn Galwing Dannion Celeliniel for kinship invites with a ingame tell or mail or just reply to this post I check it often

we still need more members to fill out this group right now we are doing ok with using Pugs and allies that are helping but we really need few more using pugs is way to hit and miss. one group is good and the next t 3 are horrible. We really need just a few more regular players we have many alt and would be will to help level anyone that is willing to put in the work

I would like to welcome our newest member Littlesub!

Ok now we need a few more so anyone looking for a nice friendly Kin all classes and all levels are being accepted until we fill in our ranks. New member for a short time wil be fast tracked to Officer in about 2 weeks 1 week as a recruit the full member for 1 more week then officer after 2 weeks and we get to know you.

This policy is for a short time only like a I said til we get some folks in our roster

Citation Envoyé par Fearless.one Voir le message
    I would like to welcome our newest member Littlesub!

Ok now we need a few more so anyone looking for a nice friendly Kin all classes and all levels are being accepted until we fill in our ranks. New member for a short time wil be fast tracked to Officer in about 2 weeks 1 week as a recruit the full member for 1 more week then officer after 2 weeks and we get to know you.

This policy is for a short time only like a I said til we get some folks in our roster
    Well its that time once again to welcome our newest member Nitingale. Little by little we are gain the right type of members and establishing good rapport with the community slowly gain the respect and making good friends and allies with this Kinship but we are still looking for a few more folks to keep this kin moving forward on its path.

We are looking for all classes and races and it a type of player we are looking for that is dedicated to the game and its fellow members. It not about that you know every quest but being able to listen and follow directions and also to have respect for others no matter the kin they are from and treat everyone the way u would like to be treated yourself.

So if you think you can enjoy being part of/ or creating this quaint kinship and making friends in and out of the kin then maybe this is the right place for you.

Please feel free to contacted Rocbourn in game or just reply to this post or check out our web site http://www.thotb.guildportal.com/Gui...&TabID=3699211 and submit an application

still looking for folks?

Just curious how active the kinship is. How many folks are usually on of an evening eastern/central time? Just disbanded my own kinship because people just fell away and we never had many people to begin with. Now I'm wandering around looking at kinship pages.

Citation Envoyé par Brylle Voir le message
    Just curious how active the kinship is. How many folks are usually on of an evening eastern/central time? Just disbanded my own kinship because people just fell away and we never had many people to begin with. Now I'm wandering around looking at kinship pages.
    Well as it is now we still are a very small but my wife and I play almost everyday from about 6 pm central til 6 am right now we are going to try to push again for more recruits. Its been a slow going as we are not just taking anyone that fresh out of intro. so building this kin up has been slow when we do get a new member so far they have been great players. What we really need is Officers that have a few friends to come along. But right now most nights we are running trio's. My wife and I have about 30 tunes on this server from 15 to 72nd level so we can put together a well balanced trio every nite and some note we get 4 guys running we also have a alliance with Endless and they have been really good about giving us help for raids and group runs. I would suggest u give us a try and see how u like us.

Sorry I was a bit slow to respond I was very ill for the last 2 weeks and just the last day or 2 begin to recover but I should be back now and recruiting once again

We could use some help getting this where we want to to go our intention is to get the to the point where we have a couple more of a static group that plays nightly

I may be on some alts today U may want to try Lassuial my new loremaster Or Dannion my mini but i will check in here in hope to get in touch with u today today

Yes we are still recruiting. Looking for fellowship and exp.disabler minded folks. Play schedule and other idea's are pretty much wide open. As we tend to spend long hr's in game.
    So if your looking for group play and a slower pace now is a good time to join in take sometime to help get things set up. We are in CST (U.S.) time zone. often on until 2-3 am.

I would like to Welcome our newest members Arngier and Azand. I think they will make a great new additions to the THOTB But we still need few more good people like these folks. We are looking for folks returning after a long break or Folks that maybe in a kin that has fallen apart or disbanded. I even People that are happy in their current kin but need to find other member to level with because they kin is all caped and they want to run so of the alts. I don't blacklist folks that want to be multiple Kins.

The most important thing we are looking for is players with a bit of time in game under their belt and know the meaning of teamwork to make good Make good officers.

Now we are looking for new members of all types, it just to fill the needed Officer that we need people with some real play time, We will accept anyone that just want to be a member and long as the are friendly and helpful and willing to run in groups to learn all the games instances and raids and content. This kin is all about playing all the skipped or passed over content many of do use XP disablers, it not a must but it will help keep groups together especially if you like to craft and do festivals. We like to do content as close to level as we can and get deeds done as close to level as possible or within 10 level or so but it best to get them done before they turn grey.

Since the last update the age of power leveling to cap is done as you need to get your mitigations from your virtues now Not from Vitality and ect or stat points won't do it anymore. They intent on making the game tougher so more group play is going to make a comeback. The age of Solo play it getting reduced. Folks in the forum have been asking for harded content because it got boring and it seems the trend is going to head toward tougher combat again. I don't think this is the return of the good old days but it will get a bit tougher.

So we would like to be ready and focus more on group play and learning how to play in groups again. A person that solos the 50 level and then heads into Moria and now they want to do the instances but have never been in a group It a lot easier if playing in a group on you mini when you have healing all along then having been in war speech since 40 level go and now you have to heal Just one example

So is stuff like this sounds fun, group play sound fun, having friends to play with and to laugh a joke with while u play sounds fun! This just might be the Kin you're looking for! So come hang out with us and have some fun! What are you waiting for LOL

Check out our list of contact in the first post in this thread and get in touch, We don't Bit and not to much unless you like it rough *lol* It really can be fun to run in groups especially when you use ventrilo like we do. It really does make the game more fun and the typing is for the birds. Voice chat is the only way to Fly
    Dernière modification par Fearless.one ; 12/06/2014 à 03h15.

Do you have a website?

Do you have a website?
    Yes Sir we sure do. http://www.thotb.guildportal.com/Gui...&TabID=3699211

Citation Envoyé par muddytrousers Voir le message

Please feel free to email in game Rocbourn for any info this has been very slow going and we really need some good players to become officers yet . I know there has to be more folks out there looking to get more out of the game.

also we don't put any major demands on members we just need folk that like to play the whole game and like having alts there is no forced play here it about having fun ands getting the job done the people that become part of this kind with lead it into its future

Thanks Rocbourn
    Kin Leader

Règles de messages