Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 10 sur 10

Question Just bought The Lord of the Rings: Mines of Moria Collector's Edition..now?

Hello

I have not played LotRo for a few years and decided to come back. I bought The Lord of the Rings: Mines of Moria Collector's Edition. Have not got it in the mail yet from Amazon. The price ($25.00) was great! Well worth it I think. I bought the disc because I like having a hard copy of items I buy and also to save a 24 hour digital download. Is there any other downloads (addons) I should buy? I plan on starting out a level one dwarf character.

Also, how is pvp these days? At what level can your monster character start at? Do monster characters start out at level 10+?

I plan on becoming a VIP. Love Tolkien 'stuff' and rpgs...mainly pen & paper))))

Citation Envoyé par TheJudoMonk Voir le message
    Hello

I have not played LotRo for a few years and decided to come back. I bought The Lord of the Rings: Mines of Moria Collector's Edition. Have not got it in the mail yet from Amazon. The price ($25.00) was great! Well worth it I think. I bought the disc because I like having a hard copy of items I buy and also to save a 24 hour digital download. Is there any other downloads (addons) I should buy? I plan on starting out a level one dwarf character.

Also, how is pvp these days? At what level can your monster character start at? Do monster characters start out at level 10+?

I plan on becoming a VIP. Love Tolkien 'stuff' and rpgs...mainly pen & paper))))
    I'm not sure it was such a good deal tbh. You can get Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard and Riders of Rohan expansion for 39.95$ and I think it even goes on -50% sales once in a while: https://store.lotro.com/en/expansion...dalone-bundle/

As for Download you can rest assured you'll have to download a LOT. It might even be faster to download a fresh client that having to update the old client you got on the disc.

I would actually strongly recommend a fresh downloaded installer. There has been a lot of patching since Moria came out, what, 5 years ago?

I think you'll get less to download and a cleaner installation if you go from scratch.

Citation Envoyé par Elrantiri Voir le message
    I'm not sure it was such a good deal tbh. You can get Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard and Riders of Rohan expansion for 39.95$ and I think it even goes on -50% sales once in a while: https://store.lotro.com/en/expansion...dalone-bundle/

As for Download you can rest assured you'll have to download a LOT. It might even be faster to download a fresh client that having to update the old client you got on the disc.

As for the other expansions, besides Moria, there is nothing I can do with those till my dwarf is level 65+? That is many months away. Or am I missing something by not getting the entire bundle at once...besides saving a few dollars?

I am kind of down right now...just canceled my Amazon order

Aw, I'm sorry. The collector's edition is nice if you want a physical box with the goodies inside. I'm not sure what all it comes with; I think a map and soundtrack, and they are very nice!

However, if you're looking for the best bang for your buck, the quad pack is your best bet. You get 3 more expansions for just $15 more dollars. It is true that you won't be able to use the next 3 expansions (Siege of Mirkwood, Rise of Isengard, and Riders of Rohan) until you're appropriate level for them. They don't offer any bonuses or game play for characters in the low levels. But if you plan on playing awhile then you'll be glad you got such a good deal. However, if you want to buy expansions as you need them (and that's completely okay too!) then go ahead and either get the box from Amazon for $25 (with the goodies), or the Turbine store also has it for $19.99 digital download.

https://store.lotro.com/en/expansion-packs/
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

As for the other expansions, besides Moria, there is nothing I can do with those till my dwarf is level 65+? That is many months away. Or am I missing something by not getting the entire bundle at once...besides saving a few dollars?
    Indeed, the other expansions won't be relevant until lvl 60 and beyond.

I am kind of down right now...just canceled my Amazon order
    Sorry, but as you can see in many of the user ratings for the product it's not that good of a pack. I still think the best buy is the Quad Pack, but you might want to consider the Mithril Edition http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the...-edition/97978 for its 2000 Turbine points and the Trollshaws, Eregion, Moria and Lothlorien quest packs (Moria instances not included iirc) as those 2000 TP will get you quite far without having to get a VIP subscription.
    Dernière modification par Elrantiri ; 06/01/2014 à 11h09.

Is there any other downloads (addons) I should buy? I plan on starting out a level one dwarf character.
    You really don't need to buy anything at the moment. If you have the bandwidth then start downloading the client; it's all you will ever need in terms of software. Purchasing the Quad Pack unlocks the first 4 expansions for your account, but the software is all the same.

PvP (well, PvMP) is not a major focus in LotRO. Check the server forums as to how active each server is with PvMP.

Monster characters start at level cap, which is currently 95. They advance through the Infamy system, rather than leveling up. You don't have to be VIP to create monster characters and play them.

Welcome back! I sure hope you enjoy your stay. You'll need to be VIP to take your Dwarf to the Ettenmoors for PvMP... and also at least level 80 (if they didn't raise that to 90 in the last update).
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Don't be down, Judo.

You're about to start a new adventure, IN MIDDLE EARTH!

If you are interested in subscribing, then I'd say do that before worrying about expansions. As mentioned above, you don't actually need to purchase anything to start playing.

I think you're in for a marvelous time. See you in Middle Earth!
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

[This is a cut & paste of a reoccuring faq now].

VIP bonuses - (comes with the Moria box you canceled. Hope you got it free a few days ago). Note that while maintaining a subscription is hardly necessary, you will eventually want to log in each character while subbed (this can done while only subbing for a month, or even 14 days with the recent trial).
    Mithril Edition A good buy on packs and TP for $20. A great deal when it goes on sale for $10.
    quad pack Cheap expansions for $40, sometimes (just recently, so you might want to wait) for $20. Note that it includes two more characters slots (and warden and rune keeper classes), so make sure you have characters for them if you take advantage of your VIP pass.

Everything I needed to know about paying real money for this game. Update (note: not a endorsement of specific purchases, especially traveler bundle).

Note that there is no real reason to rush out and pay money on this game, as there is plenty of free content up to level ~30 (if you feel the need to throw money at Turbine, the Sam Gamgee starter pack should be slightly better deal for $10 (looks like the price went back up) than subscribing before level 30). Note that here is when Turbine "encourages" you to pay to play the game:

Level 30: Here you run out of free content and need to buy Evendim. Its 500TP (turbine points) and you probably have them if you haven't been playing the hobbit slots with Lobella.
    Level 40: Evendim runs out, but you will need a few more packs to get to Moria. Subscribing comes in handy here (unless you have bunch of alts you should be able to get to Moria in a one-month subscription. Note that the Mithril Edition give some means to level between Evendim and Moria, but it is terribly full of holes and quite tedious (the quests are few and far between in the Trollshaws, and you need a lot of quests between Moria and Eregion).
    Level 50: Moria. Note that Moria doesn't come with a subscription (it's an expansion). Best way to buy it is likely with the quad pack (see next line), but just the pack (not the bonus stuff) comes with the Mithril Edition. Buying the box you listed helps here (and can be used as well to try to bring a character or two from Evendim to Moria), but you still need the rest of the expansions.
    Level 60-85: The rest of the quad pack. Note that while some of them are skipable, not all of them are and the quad pack is likely your best bet (especially if it is on sale before you need it).
    Level 85-95: Helm's Deep. It's a long ways out (and the reviews are iffy), but I suspect you will need it in the end (expect another sale before you need it).

Older DDO hands will note the astonishing lack of TP buys. TP falls quite plentiful in this game (especially if you like trying out plenty of alts), and buying TP can often be optional. If you need it, I'd start with the Mithril Edition (2k TP for $20 is good, getting plus the extra packs can't hurt at all).

Règles de messages