Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 7 sur 7

Discussion: Help picking a class

Help picking a class

I'm brand new to the game and was wondering if someone could help me with some advice to select my first class.

I want to be able to solo as much as possible. Since I hear grouping is hard.

I want decent DPS with a little AoE, I prefer things to be quick but not incredibly fast.

I want good survivability and be able to solo effectively without help from others.

I also want to kind of follow the lore.

Any advice?

The captain class is pretty easy to play now. It doesn't have much AoE, but this shouldn't be much of a problem. It is a great lore class. You should have no problem soloing any "solo" content and small challenge soloing "small fellowship" content.

Welcome to the game and have fun!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 100 Captain, Nunion 93 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...

Citation Envoyé par Folius Voir le message
    I'm brand new to the game and was wondering if someone could help me with some advice to select my first class.

I want to be able to solo as much as possible. Since I hear grouping is hard.

I want decent DPS with a little AoE, I prefer things to be quick but not incredibly fast.

I want good survivability and be able to solo effectively without help from others.

I also want to kind of follow the lore.

Any advice?
    Captains are welcome everywhere-but they are a pet class (they have soldier companions/heralds). They are probaly the least broken of the hybrid classes atm. And they wear heavy armour so they are tough.

LMs, the other pet class (they have animals) are beasts with their aoe but are much easier to kill than a cappie and harder to play well than a champ.

Champs-especially using aoe's - are one of the simplest and toughest of of the solo dps classes. They blow stuff up very quickly. Champs can solo most small group stuff. Champs always have a solo thread

Fire traited RKs do aoe, and are also great fun to level and if you decide to group you can go ST high crit lightening for a ranged dps spot, or trait to heal. They are much more fragile than champs though and won't be as easy to solo small fellowship stuff..... and some still call them lore-breakers

Hunters are ranged dps. They can also do cc. Very lore friendly. Easy to solo. Can tank a lot of small fellowship stuff. But not really aoe.

Guardians are your traditional meat shield tank. They have enough dps to solo, these days and are very tough. If you don't mind being a bit slower or their broken bpe you'll be as tough as anything in LOTRO. Sam is your typial guardian.

If you want to be a small fellowship in your own right-it's a warden. But they are harder. Lots of muscle memory needed for gambits and masteries. They are unique class to LOTRO and are loved by players who like to think a bit while doing the impossible. Role a man, and you're lore abiding.

What i wouldn't choose: Burglars are melee dps and support but are pretty broken and were a harder class to begin with-i'd wait to see if they get fixed so they can do melee Mounted Combat and BBs effectively solo, if their fellow skills are needed and if their support line works better. However there is a burglar solo thread if the class intrigues you. It's a good lore one-Bilbo is a burg

I also haven't mentioned minstrels because i play one and i hate what they've become. They are easy to level to 50 -lots of burst damage and aoes. But they are 4th in sustained dps so not really good for a pure dps spot. They are now the games' mindless heal-bots in their main role, but as no one wants heals you'll likely end up being an ineffective dps class or a third rate cappie type buffer. Some capped dps minis can solo some small fellowship stuff -there's a new mini solo thread-but we aint champs, LMs, guardians, captains or wardens....

Happy playing of whatever class you choose and welcome to ME.
    Dernière modification par Calta ; 02/01/2014 à 00h35.
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

Whoever told you group stuff is hard obviously hasnt played this game for a long time :P. Especially after the HD update everything is much easier now. If you want survivability with great dps and some aoe dps, sounds like you want hunter. Tho because there are so many hunters in the world people will advise against it. I feel like its a good starting class and you will love it and the game more.

Most of the stuff in this game can be soloed btw. You pretty much dont have to group unless you want to. And on a lot servers its hard to even if you want to lol

Pretty much every class can do what you want currently (maybe except burglars due to lack of AoE, not sure where they stand after the revamp).
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Note that all classes are subject to further rebalancing after Helm's Deep, so the whole "each class can do everything" right now is not very meaningful.

It does look to me like the OP may enjoy the new captain (high burst DPS + AoE bleeds when traiting red + options to spec for tanking [yellow] and healing [blue]), or the new guardian (trait in yellow for AoE debuff/damage hybrid). The issue, of course, is that the Guardian block/parry reactive skills are currently very broken, which has caused me to shelve my guardian for a bit at this point. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

I decided to play 3 classes to level 15 and try them out..

1) Captain
    2) Rune Keeper
    3) Hunter

Out of all of those classes.. I love the Hunter the best, though I'm aware of the pros and cons I can't stop loving the DPS! I nuke everything so fast and I managed to get to level 19 in just ONE day. I'm pretty happy.

Règles de messages