Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 4 sur 4

Copyright, Youtube and Lotro

Hey all,

I think this is something a lot of the bands might have to deal with so I'm posting this here.

I recorded some videos of my band playing copyrighted music and uploaded those tunes to youtube. I considered this to be a case of fair use, so I didn't expect any complications from that.
    Youtube appearently has a new content matching algorithm and identified two of my three videos to be affected by copyright.

Now I'm asked to either aknowledge the copyright claim or deny it. I can't really deny it because I never claimed I composed those tunes, but if I just aknowledge that BMG (in this case) owns the copyright only BMG will be able to monetarize (get money from ads that are added) my video.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to earn money with this, but I think it's wrong if the musical right owners benefit to 100% from my creative work as well (arranging, playing, etc).

So does anyone have a clue on how to deal with this? (or is the only answer not to use youtube at all?)
    Dernière modification par SchorschiSchrumpf ; 14/12/2013 à 15h18.
    Bruzo, Dwarrowdelf Minstrel ~ "A Rock & a Hard Place"

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Citation Envoyé par SchorschiSchrumpf Voir le message
    Hey all,

I think this is something a lot of the bands might have to deal with so I'm posting this here.

I recorded some videos of my band playing copyrighted music and uploaded those tunes to youtube. I considered this to be a case of fair use, so I didn't expect any complications from that.
    Youtube appearently has a new content matching algorithm and identified two of my three videos to be affected by copyright.

Now I'm asked to either aknowledge the copyright claim or deny it. I can't really deny it because I never claimed I composed those tunes, but if I just aknowledge that BMG (in this case) owns the copyright only BMG will be able to monetarize (get money from ads that are added) my video.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to earn money with this, but I think it's wrong if the musical right owners benefit to 100% from my creative work as well (arranging, playing, etc).

So does anyone have a clue on how to deal with this? (or is the only answer not to use youtube at all?)
    ...What in the world...
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Remixing and posting a song is legal and is fine with YouTube's agreements. If you didn't make the MIDI file then ask the owner about posting it (leave names in description for example).

You can disagree with the decision freely. They themselves said remixing music is legal and allowed. Playing self-written MIDI files is remixing, because MIDI files are often made with a MIDI keyboard, meaning, that someone has had to play the song themselves with their fingers (there are some MP3 to MIDI converters too I guess, those aren't really legit afaik).

If it was illegal then all songs you hear in a concert theater, theater, school, streets, cruise ships, restaurants and bars, clubs, home, friend's house... they'd all be illegal, so yeah, it's legal because it's legal to remix a song - reproducing is the same category. If it was illegal you wouldn't even be able to sing or play a Christmas jingle to your family.
    Dernière modification par Socialz ; 14/12/2013 à 16h26.
    [b]Nimrodel [SIZE=1]~ Flock of Moosen[/SIZE][/b]
    [size=1][b]Linyc Thequar[/b], Champion 100[/size]

This happened to me too. It turns out you don't really have to respond at all if you don't want to. All it means is that it recognized the music & will now place ads either at the bottom of the screen or before the video airs. The yellow mark in the timeline indicator shows where it recognizes the music. It's up to the original holder of the copyright to request it be taken down.

Règles de messages