Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 13 sur 13

Cool Has anyone else found evidence of the 3 bears yet?

Hats off to the devs for slipping in such an amazing cottage including Goldilocks! We were very pleasantly surprised to find something so whimsical tucked away. I won't reveal the location on the thread, in case someone else may be looking for it. You really made our day!

I too found this the other day and like you made my day as well! i think that was pretty slick what they did, i hope there are more little event locations like this. Who knows maybe might be a random tower in the woods with long hair from a towering window just saying

Hehe...
    This was a cute scene and I loved the "garden decoration" (don't want to spoil) outside the front door.

In Mordor... Thee Little Boars not by the tusks of their chinny, chin, chins... a 1 million morale Nemesis Warg who huffs and puffs and... well he is one bad buttock Warg to be sure.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

It seems like the Eastfold got the lion's share of these little trivial details... Drachyn did an unbelievable job with it!

With a bit of imagination, the tower Torsbury might be named for could've, once upon a time, have a maiden at the window...

Citation Envoyé par YamydeAragon Voir le message
    Luthien .../cought way in the past. Maybe by sesion play?
    Does LotR's account of Lúthien's tale include description of her imprisonment and subsequent escape from the treehouse?
    If not, Turbine doesn't have the rights... but they could be sneaky about it.

Citation Envoyé par Daeross Voir le message
    Does LotR's account of Lúthien's tale include description of her imprisonment and subsequent escape from the treehouse?
    If not, Turbine doesn't have the rights... but they could be sneaky about it.
    They don't have to use Luthien's name they can do as that sesion play that called the characters: That hobbit, The other hobbit, The man, The dwarf, The elf... They may call her The maiden of the long hair that save her, or something shorter.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

They don't have to use Luthien's name they can do as that sesion play that called the characters: That hobbit, The other hobbit, The man, The dwarf, The elf... They may call her The maiden of the long hair that save her, or something shorter.
    The fun part is that actually, Turbine's perfectly ok to use the name Lúthien; they already do. They can use her likeness, too.
    But they can tell her story only in as much detail as the Lord of the Rings covers it. As it is, the treehouse and Lúthien's escape aren't mentioned.

Turbine has the rights to use what's mentioned in the Lord of the Rings-trilogy. That's much is a fact. They had the rights to use content from The Hobbit, but I'm not sure if they still do.

Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, everything else... off-limits. Though this does raise the question of Fastitocalon...

...Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, everything else... off-limits. Though this does raise the question of Fastitocalon...
    Didn't 1 of the hobbits mentioned it once in the LOTR while they was at Trollshaw?
    Dernière modification par YamydeAragon ; 16/12/2013 à 20h06.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Didn't 1 of the hobbits mentioned it once in the LOTR while they was at Trollshaw?
    Aragorn tells a brief version of the story of Tinuviel and Beren while they are camped on Weathertop, not long before the black riders attack the group and stab Frodo with a morgul knife. Merry wanted to hear a story about Gil-Galad but Aragorn thought that story was too dark and grim so he told them about Tinuviel instead.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Nope. No Fastitocalon, or turtle-fish, anywhere in Lord of the Rings.

Haven't found the Goldilocks house but have found the run down house infested by red squirrels near Aldburg... too bad I couldn't go inside lol
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Nope. No Fastitocalon, or turtle-fish, anywhere in Lord of the Rings.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fastitocalon_%28poem%29

http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/f/fastitocalon.html

Mentioned in "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil". I imagine Turbine felt able to use the name because it pre-dates Tolkien's writing.
    TANSTAAFL

Citation Envoyé par mjk47 Voir le message
    I imagine Turbine felt able to use the name because it pre-dates Tolkien's writing.
    Please note: we were talking about whether Fastitocalon was mentioned in Lord of the Rings. Not other Tolkien-material.

Thanks for the links, though; I imagine they're good for those who weren't aware of the turtle-fish's 'location' in Tolkien's writings.
    Here's another: Aspidochelone, for those interested where Tolkien drew the story from, and the name.

Règles de messages