Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 2 sur 2 PremièrePremière 1 2
Affichage des résultats 26 à 39 sur 39
    I haven't done many Epic Battles up to now.
    But all solo. Sometimes they were easy and sometimes impossible!
    Maybe this are some "dynamic" or left issues in the battle mechanics.

Citation Envoyé par Beaniemooch Voir le message
    I'm a bit confused about your comment "once lotro started focusing on gear..." because lotro has ALWAYS focused on gear. Everybody wanted the best weapons before LI's, everybody wanted the best gear (even when it was crafted), and certainly once raiding started they wanted the best. The problem in my opinion started when they wanted it without actually having to do the content it dropped in. Then we got Hytbold and symbols in skirmish camps. Nobody wanted to raid for the best, they wanted it for simply logging in. Hobbit presents anyone?

SOA wasnt about gear, because it was all relative. The biggest irony is you can literally play this game from start to finish completely naked of armor. just equip some quetst weapon and go. So having the 'best' gear just makes it faster. Which some people like I suppose.

Turbine TRIED to make gear relevant, but they did it in a very piss poor way. Radiance was a complete disaster but at least it 'locked' stuff behind a gate that you had to get through to have it matter.

When you put gear in a game just for the sake of the gear or the stats then you have lost. But that is how people have been raised in MMOs. Thats why this game is a joke on itself and to the people who play it. Because gear doesnt mean jack, all it does is speed you up, and once you have gotten the gear then what? There isnt anything else beyond he gear. So what then farm something a million times just to get in game currency? So muc that the economy of most servers is completely broken?

Gear should be the gateway to other stuff. I know gates dont work well in Lotro but most because they arent implemented correctly. But if you want people to feel like they accomplished something you gate the gear then you gate content behind the gear. What that content provides can be up to Turbine, Small TP chests or unbound items people can use or sell would be the obvious ones. But then all the 'casuals' and others get butt hurt and complain its elitist. So youre left with what we have now. A game you log in and farm for an hour or so, or play alts til the blue line is gone, do a couple crafting relics maybe a warband or two, and thats it.

There are zero goals in this game. At least none that take real effort on a single character anyway. But then again not many MMOs have goals or achievements these days because theyre considered a grind or a waste of time. Which sort of cheapens the whole MMO experience or purpose. People just want new developed content thrown out to them as fast as possible then sit around and complain when it isnt enough to satisfy them. Rather than taking content that actually takes time and effort for what it is worth and going from there.

But if you dont need gear to do he content, and once you get the gear the content is 'meaningless' what does it matter?

Citation Envoyé par Tyveil Voir le message
    Why, why, why, are you doing them solo?
    They are designed to be played with 2 players. You are cutting your chances easily by 50% by choosing not to bring a friend along. Solo is only there as an option for masochists, and once you're trained up. It's just like how you can do a 6 man with 4, or a 12 man with 9, but why would you? Since the rewards are daily it is really a bad idea to play these alone.
    Because I sat in the instance finder for over an hour last night and still found nobody to do them?

The instance population of LOTRO is now so low that every instance is basically mandatory solo now.

Heck. Nobody even runs skirmish raids anymore.

lotro has ALWAYS focused on gear
    Actually, they started off pretty "gear-lite" as far as MMOs go. On purpose. I liked it better that way, but unfortunately, they found that they couldn't provide a sufficient feeling of "reward" unless they made gear a bigger deal.

I think that has far more to do with how other games have trained player expectations than with anything else. Back when I was playing Asheron's Call, their treasure system produced a near-infinite set of variations of stats on gear, which meant that over time... most people converged on greatness as they found (or traded for) incrementally better gear week after week. The difference between my equipment and the very best owned by anyone on the server was tiny, on the order of a few percent. And half of that modest difference was just convenience (because as a mage, I could buff my gear to have most of the same awesome stats).

Yet those "most exceptional" items were still in high demand, and commanded vastly larger sums of barter currency. People wanted The Best, even if The Best was only marginally better than Second Best. It was about status more than about any objective measure of gear performance.

Khafar

Citation Envoyé par Khafar Voir le message
    Actually, they started off pretty "gear-lite" as far as MMOs go. On purpose. I liked it better that way, but unfortunately, they found that they couldn't provide a sufficient feeling of "reward" unless they made gear a bigger deal.

I think that has far more to do with how other games have trained player expectations than with anything else. Back when I was playing Asheron's Call, their treasure system produced a near-infinite set of variations of stats on gear, which meant that over time... most people converged on greatness as they found (or traded for) incrementally better gear week after week. The difference between my equipment and the very best owned by anyone on the server was tiny, on the order of a few percent. And half of that modest difference was just convenience (because as a mage, I could buff my gear to have most of the same awesome stats).

Yet those "most exceptional" items were still in high demand, and commanded vastly larger sums of barter currency. People wanted The Best, even if The Best was only marginally better than Second Best. It was about status more than about any objective measure of gear performance.

Khafar
    In the early days it was focused on the getting that rare and hard to obtain item to make the best gear (big giant elephant, wheee!), or picking up that teal off-hand, halberd, bow, weapon of choice that dropped in specific places and which would be farmed for it. With Moria (where I started the game, MoM was just released) you got radiance, and then it was focused on getting enough radiance to get to the raids. Then you had to get more radiance, and more still. Finally they do away with radiance but it became about the stats on the T2 pieces vs. T1. Special items to improve the gear you crafted (cloak clasp anyone?). Even my friends who were here before Moria talk about the pieces that people would work so hard to get.

I don't mind that the best stuff is crafted now overall. I mind the enormous flip-flopping on the direction the game is taking while not providing players the content they want. If Turbine wants to throw in an extra charge for a raid I'm fine with that. Just make it worthwhile. If there's something in the solo content I want I'll buy that too. But I refuse to pay money for a game that provides right now challenge for no one.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Citation Envoyé par Mithrandir3 Voir le message
    Because I sat in the instance finder for over an hour last night and still found nobody to do them?

The instance population of LOTRO is now so low that every instance is basically mandatory solo now.

Heck. Nobody even runs skirmish raids anymore.
    That was a problem that I found on my old server of Riddermark. I do not know which server you run on but I switched to Brandywine and find everything from 3/6/12 man runs including the skrim raids on a regular basis. You might want to think of changing servers, I had to even though I was leaving some friends behind just so I could run some group content on a regular basis.

In the early days it was focused on the getting that rare and hard to obtain item to make the best gear (big giant elephant, wheee!), or picking up that teal off-hand, halberd, bow, weapon of choice that dropped in specific places and which would be farmed for it. With Moria (where I started the game, MoM was just released) you got radiance, and then it was focused on getting enough radiance to get to the raids. Then you had to get more radiance, and more still. Finally they do away with radiance but it became about the stats on the T2 pieces vs. T1. Special items to improve the gear you crafted (cloak clasp anyone?). Even my friends who were here before Moria talk about the pieces that people would work so hard to get.

I don't mind that the best stuff is crafted now overall. I mind the enormous flip-flopping on the direction the game is taking while not providing players the content they want. If Turbine wants to throw in an extra charge for a raid I'm fine with that. Just make it worthwhile. If there's something in the solo content I want I'll buy that too. But I refuse to pay money for a game that provides right now challenge for no one.
    This.

The problem is there are people who still find t1 skirmishes challenging. Not sure what to say to that...
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Citation Envoyé par RicardoFurriel Voir le message
    This.

The problem is there are people who still find t1 skirmishes challenging. Not sure what to say to that...

I'd say to them to find people willing to teach them, or to read up about it - just like I'd do with these BBs. Also some experimentation is advisable.

Problem is many people won't and then they complain about things being too hard which is pretty laughable atm. I think a lot of these solo orientated players (I dislike categorising but see no alternative here) expect to be able to Platinum these things in a few attempts. If they can't then it's "broken" or "unbalanced".

Nearly all of the complaints about solo difficulty are either bugs or circumventable by an appropriately ranked character.

Get grinding boys

Good to see this. Focus on main quest and keep soldiers alive good idea, yet at same time for those who have induction based sklls the pace of HD is not forgiving. Spend development points to build barriers assumes enough prior success to have points. Just had a solo failure of HD. Some people are not in large kins and some people will not go on glff and pair up with people they do not know. This leaves some people in position to solo. Some kins have been gutted by passage of time and some by the drive for raid kins. This leaves some in position to solo HD.

Solo HD is not kind, especially if you have no points toward officer to heal and none toward construction to build barriers. If failure after failure without earning points a person can easily get into a mind numbing or insanity provoking cycle. This does not make for happy players. Someone being sent into all the servers to do the chicken run will not change that.

The number 2 person in the kin where I have most of my alts has big sore point about HD. He entered HD with a maxed alt in every class. He has lotro t-shirts, paid to host lotro reporter, has met some associated with lotro, etc. Until I listened to him about his sore points he would not sign into lotro and when did would only work on his level 30 minstrel. This is a person who has been more loyal to lotro than most and he was on verge of leaving the game.

For some classes the drops are iffy (good luck on your champ or cappy) and sometimes reward are duplicate so that players end up doing many many runs to get a full set. For some this is all acceptable. For others who find the pace of HD instances too frenetic in the first place or demoralized by it this is not workable. Some may see few problems as they were willing to put up with the frustratiions or always had running partner. For those who are in position to solo too much it is causing some sore points possibly. Even for those who do not have to solo but make run after run to end up chunking 20 or 30 pieces of jewelry how it affects them should not be any real mystery (as I say good luck to those of you who are not especially blessed on your cappy or champ getting dps piece).

Considering how the whole set up is, yes it can be a nightmare for those who do solo runs and not everyone is in position to do much else. Some may not understand or agree with what I say because they have personally have had it better. This does not apply to all. Not all have had it go some well and there are some sore feelings out there even amongst those who have been die hard loyalists to the game.

No barter ststem, no beginning points just make it at least workable solo, and the pace of it are not everyones cup of tea and right now this game losing more people will not be helpful or help the feeling of game security in the game community. Any censure of people making critical comments would only serve to make all matters worse. I hope that players will be heard on many of their concerns. Some are happy and it is going well for them. Others are just going.

Beagle

HD as a zone is tedious when you have nine 85s to run through it consecutively, and the epic battles just aggravate me. A quest pops up and I don't know where to go if it isn't showing on the mini-map (why no map for them???). There's nothing to explain what to do with points or even tell you there is a panel for epic battles. The tutorial is useless.

I won't be finishing the epic on my alts because of the epic battles. Or if I do I will go afk for 30 minutes during battles. I just don't want frustration in a game.
    Avowulf, Avodir, Avodoc, Avoin, Avorond, Avoborn, Avorin, Avogar, Avowald, Avobert
    (all in Mabo Lanc on Landroval)
    "Reality: What a gyp."--Dogbert

I feel like solo is pretty easy. Im getting platinum in certain side quests just by myself. Im already rank 3, 2 points away from rank 4. Just started playing again about a week ago. Just hit 95 as well and getting geared with the gear they give you from helms deep. Glittering Cave is the only one I dont have all the badges for yet. It just takes time leveling up your rank you have to play them a few times. Once you hit rank 2 and 3 it becomes so much easier. All can be done while solo. I dont know if doing 2s is any different but if its not that would be good just getting another person to click on stuff for you.

Citation Envoyé par Deathsmind Voir le message
    I feel like solo is pretty easy. Im getting platinum in certain side quests just by myself. Im already rank 3, 2 points away from rank 4. Just started playing again about a week ago. Just hit 95 as well and getting geared with the gear they give you from helms deep. Glittering Cave is the only one I dont have all the badges for yet. It just takes time leveling up your rank you have to play them a few times. Once you hit rank 2 and 3 it becomes so much easier. All can be done while solo. I dont know if doing 2s is any different but if its not that would be good just getting another person to click on stuff for you.
    It all depends on what class you are playing as to how easy the big battles are solo. Some classes don't have it very easy, and when you don't have enough rank to exploit things like barricades it makes it miserable. I have a R6 Engineer on my minstrel, and I only did this til I got the jewelry I needed and stopped. Now I only go in to help a friend occasionally, and it's like getting a root canal for me. I refuse to take my other characters (cappy) in. I started to take her through for the book quests, did the first 3 and quit. She can live without finishing the epic. The rest I haven't even leveled as there's no point.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

It all depends on what class you are playing as to how easy the big battles are solo. Some classes don't have it very easy, and when you don't have enough rank to exploit things like barricades it makes it miserable. I have a R6 Engineer on my minstrel, and I only did this til I got the jewelry I needed and stopped. Now I only go in to help a friend occasionally, and it's like getting a root canal for me. I refuse to take my other characters (cappy) in. I started to take her through for the book quests, did the first 3 and quit. She can live without finishing the epic. The rest I haven't even leveled as there's no point.
    Just start the BB and go make dinner, you may not complete any side quests but you should complete the battle itself, which at least gets you through the epic; I did that with my burg and captain and I expect I'll do that with my guard. Face it, single target, unranked melee just has no chance of successfully completing many of the side quests so don't even pretend to try.

It's clear that some objective is much harder to finish solo. It's important to run them several times and find THE trick and the best specialization - both class and epic battle one (engineer..)
    eg. Glittering caves - Preparing the Charge - You can just disable one barricade in each row to get through and go around the enemies (usualy just one is in agro range) and go straight for bosses. Just right before killing last one disarm as many traps as possible regarding the time.

Epic battles is really the first time I'm using Trap-Hunter. The most objectives is just defending some structures. If you place traps/roots/dazes in right positions you will avoid overwhelming and enemies will go separately and go easily down either by you or soldiers.

At first I wasn't so impressed by Epic battles. Now I play them every day because some of objectives are so hard to accomplish solo for higher medal and I just want to find the right way - switching specializations, tactics etc.
    Elves - Dusreth (HNT104), Dusriel (RK98), Dusaran (WRD70), Dusraen (LM56), Dusador (GRD44),
    Mortals - Dusgar (CPT36), ...
    Laurelin server

Page 2 sur 2 PremièrePremière 1 2

Règles de messages