Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 10 sur 10

Discussion: Where are the shards?

Where are the shards?

Newbie here. My primary character just reached 39th level. She's an Historian. I've noticed that so many of the unique recipes for her and my other characters call for shards of various sorts. They seem to be very thin on the ground as drops. I've done the Harloeg quests all the times I can to get sapphire shards. My latest alt character is a Tinker-I was hoping that at some point Jewellers could make gems into shards, but she's only finishing second tier Journeyman so it's obviously not at Expert level. A friend I regularly quest with has a Farmer who is way up there and she regularly gets shard drops using critical items, but my Scholar is only working on 1st-tier Westemnet at present and she has yet to ever get a shard drop. Any ideas on how to get more shards? Am I missing something?

Shards are supposed to be rare, they can drop either from crafting nodes (including farm fields) or from rare special named mobs, so called "shard droppers", that have a red-green mixed circle on their portrait (the latter are only available until tier 6, at tier 8/9 there is chance to get shards from warbands).
    Another option is to get them from the skirm camp crafting vendor for marks and medaillons.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

In response to #2, T1-5 shards only need marks;

OP, if you're having a hard time finding shards, 1 completed skirm (15-25 mins) will get you enough marks to purchase a shard.

Thank you, Grimdi, Drammall!

I really haven't done anything with the skirmishes yet, so I'll definitely have to check that out! I figured they were important in some way.

Citation Envoyé par Drammall Voir le message
    In response to #2, T1-5 shards only need marks.
    There are no Tier 1 shards unless Turbine added them as part of Helms Deep. You got to be harvesting tier 2 nodes of higher to find shards. If you have the patience you can get shards from crop nodes that a farmer plants.

Personally I would buy them Skirmish Marks.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thanks to everyone who has clarified this for me! Sorry about the late response, but as you can tell from my new username, my account was irreparably glitched. I will definitely be giving the skirmishes a try-I'd sort of considered them something like the PvMP-just stuff that was extra for people who wanted to do it, but not particularly germane to my situation. I was very wrong.

The Emerald Shard are also purchased from the rep Vender in Helms Deep. At which I figure why the drop rate is so low.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000264409/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    lvl 95 Champion / Rank 10 Arkenstone Server / Officer - Order of the Cresent Dragon / Kuznumshi lvl 95 Reaver / Rank 7 Arkenstone Server / Grunt of Tribe of Aracnophobia

What I was wondering,if the shards can come from westemnet farming,do you
    have to be in west rohan crop fields?because i did get a cracked rhi sigil while
    farming that tier in bree,so are the emerald shards tied in with the tier 9 or is
    it a west rohan only drop.

Citation Envoyé par Arandeath Voir le message
    What I was wondering,if the shards can come from westemnet farming,do you
    have to be in west rohan crop fields?because i did get a cracked rhi sigil while
    farming that tier in bree,so are the emerald shards tied in with the tier 9 or is
    it a west rohan only drop.
    I got an emerald shard farming tier 9 crops at Galtrev, so location doesn't matter, just crop level.
    Hey, who stole my sig?

t2-t8 shards/crests/flakes are so cheap at skirmish camp that you can get someone high level to barter their marks for your use for really cheap since, if you're a new player, you probably don't have that many marks yet.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Règles de messages