Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 1 sur 2 1 2 DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 1 à 25 sur 26

Confused about this leveling up competition.... (Sapience) please help!

From my understanding after reading the various terms and conditions that have been posted with regards to this competition
    (https://www.lotro.com/en/levelingcontest)
    it seems that this is only available in the US, France and Germany (as there are T&C's for these countries too).

If this is the case why have I been sent an e-mail from Turbine advising me of the promotion? My account is registered in the UK, and my e-mail address has the .co.uk extension so is easily distinguishable as a British e-mail address.

Please could someone (preferably Sapience) advise whether or not a UK player is eligible for this competition, and if so maybe give a list of all of the countries that can take part in-case there are a few more that are not listed.

Many Thanks

bumping this thread because I really would like to know whether its worth me spending time leveling a crafting alt or if I should just carry on my Rohan quests with my 85. I have also sent a tweet to @LOTRO and have not yet had a response there either

Can't give you an official reply, but since it doesn'tr say UK is eligible, I am assuming it is not.
    [COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]

yeah thanks for the reply but really i'm wanting someone from Turbine to clarify this as I received an e-mail from them to tell me about the competition - wouldnt really make much sense (and would be a bit of a salted wound) to have received this if we are not eligible.

I know a few UK people who are as confused as me so really if ANY turbine employee can clear this up, it would be appreciated.

Sapience est déconnecté Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    It was sent to all players. Reading the rules and terms and conditions should inform players as to whether they are eligible for the prizes or not. if your country isn't listed in the rules, or there are no rules provided for your country, then that country is not eligible.

We've already looked into making sure future mailings only go to those who reside in countries that are eligible.

Citation Envoyé par Sapience Voir le message
    It was sent to all players. Reading the rules and terms and conditions should inform players as to whether they are eligible for the prizes or not. if your country isn't listed in the rules, or there are no rules provided for your country, then that country is not eligible.
    Ok well thanks for finally confirming, even if its not the answer I had hoped for. Personally I don't think its a very good practice to blanket-mail the whole player base when only a fraction is eligible but hey, it is what it is. Thanks again.

I also have a question, I have 2 accounts that I use, one with a lifetime membership already and one that is VIP, if the lifetime account wins the contest is it possible for the VIP that I also own to be granted the lifetime instead of it being wasted on a already lifetime account???

Sapience est déconnecté Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Citation Envoyé par Jeepers Voir le message
    I also have a question, I have 2 accounts that I use, one with a lifetime membership already and one that is VIP, if the lifetime account wins the contest is it possible for the VIP that I also own to be granted the lifetime instead of it being wasted on a already lifetime account???
    I don't recall reading anything in the rules that would prevent it, so I don't see why not.

I don't recall reading anything in the rules that would prevent it, so I don't see why not.
    The French rules mention in section 2.2 that multiple entries by the same player (including the use of multiple email addresses) would disqualify the entrant. It's not clear how this might apply to players with multiple Turbine accounts (and therefore multiple email addresses). Neither the English nor German rules mention this requirement.

Also, in none of the languages do the official terms and conditions state that a player is given an extra entry for a character that is already level 85. They all state that an entry is only given each time a character increases in level between 60 and 85 during the contest. This is inconsistent with how the promotion is being marketed. Perhaps the rules or marketing would benefit from revision.

Finally, it's not clear to me if Turbine is running one contest with 16 prizes, or three contests with 48 prizes, since the rules are slightly different depending on a player's residence.

We've already looked into making sure future mailings only go to those who reside in countries that are eligible.
    Thank you for listening to your customers on that, it's appreciated. I would suggest on the main advert (and not just in the T&C) put a disclaimer saying something like "available to certain countries only". That would clear things up quicker because it'll still be on your website even if we stop getting emails. I have a Hotmail.com account btw (when I registered with Hotmail there were no .co.uk extensions in existence).

Still gutted it can't be offered to all, seems a big thing to exclude whole countries, but it's a legal thing, I get that
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."
    Officer in the Elders kinship - http://www.theelders.org.uk/
    We have left the wandering spark (Gilrain) to find the Song of Gold (Laurelin)...

My two kids are devastated that they are ineligible to enter due to country restrictions. I understand your reasons, i understand the different laws with respect to competitions.

Still dosnt make it right to make certain people ineligible when some of us have been playing since the beginning.

Online comps through an MMO that i am playing on an American server, should technically count me as a digital resident!!! (LOL)

Rant over tx

/Dances

I don't know anything about the mechanics of the Lottery system, but it seems that an in-game prize, including codes for HD, are ok regardless of where the winner is. (At least I didn't see threads about people being ineligible when those lotteries were going on.) I wonder if it would be possible to give something like this in the lotteries again but make it available only to people who are ineligible for the leveling competition? Just a hope from someone in Canada.

It could be my limited knowledge in French. (Neither English or French are my mother tongue). But I think you have made a mistake in the translation of the terms and conditions in French.

ARTICLE 4 : MODALITÉS DU JEU

Pendant la durée du Jeu, les Participants doivent élever le niveau de leur personnage du niveau de cinquante (60) à 85 (85).

Chaque niveau qui est atteint, c'est-à-dire, à partir de cinquante (60) à cinquante et un (61), de cinquante et un (61) à cinquante-deux (62), de cinquante-deux (62) à cinquante-trois (63) et jusqu'au niveau soixante-quinze (85), permettra de recevoir des points.
    Isn't cinquante 50, and soixante-quinze 75? All the spelled numbers are 10 too low.

I'm a France citizen but I'm living in Australia for studies, my account was created with my address and my debit card from Australia, I'm still eligible for this contest ?

Thanks for asking on behalf of people who already have Lifetime accounts. I didn't see anything in the rules about not being allowed to enter with two accounts, only that prizes are limited to one per household/person/family.

My entire household/family plays with their own accounts. My husband and I already have lifetime accounts. I was very interested in whether, if I won (since I'm closest to 60), would I be able to gift my prize to my son's account? I assume it's the same response Sapience gave the other person asking about transferring the grand prize if they won it. Both accounts are in my name though since I'm the one paying for my son's account and it's all my billing info.

I am worried now though from a couple other posts here as to whether or not my husband and I leveling from the 60s together (my son's highest is only 15--he's had a VIP account with extra purchases since summer and enjoys the music system so much he does that more than leveling lol)...would we disqualify each other completely? In order for one of us to enter, do the rest of us have to avoid hitting lvls 60-85 until after the 10th?

It would be rather awesome if my son had a permanent VIP account with us now too, then we could afford to buy him extra point bundles and xpacs more often

Thanks anyway for the replies so far that let me know I could probably give the grand prize to my son if I won, and thanks especially if you take time out to clarify (we're in the US if that matters, since it seems the official terms and conditions are a bit different).

Did get a bit excited over this comp as well, until a friend pointed out the T&C [knowing I'm in Australia]. Ah well was fun for a few days thinking I was in with a shot Would be nice to actually have exclusions or countries allowed to enter on the promo page in the future

Where does one find the rules for this contest and how does one enter?

Citation Envoyé par Vexendynamus Voir le message
    Where does one find the rules for this contest and how does one enter?
    Not sure where the rules are, think they're on a web page somewhere, I got an email about it. Essentially, you get one entry for every level you gain from level 60 on during the contest. Level 85 characters automatically get one entry. Prizes are lifetime sub, Helm's Deep expansion and TP (don't know the number drawn for each off the top of my head). Open only to residents of the US, France and Germany.
    Originally Posted by [B]Damian6988[/B]
    [B][I]That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."[/I][/B]

Citation Envoyé par Rainith Voir le message
    Not sure where the rules are, think they're on a web page somewhere, I got an email about it. Essentially, you get one entry for every level you gain from level 60 on during the contest. Level 85 characters automatically get one entry. Prizes are lifetime sub, Helm's Deep expansion and TP (don't know the number drawn for each off the top of my head). Open only to residents of the US, France and Germany.
    Thank you. Is entry automatic, or must one actually take action, a la the lottery system?

Citation Envoyé par Vexendynamus Voir le message
    Thank you. Is entry automatic, or must one actually take action, a la the lottery system?
    Someone said that the French rules state that you have to, but not the German or US ones.

Here are the links:
    https://www.lotro.com/en/levelingcontest
    https://www.lotro.com/fr/levelingcontest
    https://www.lotro.com/de/levelingcontest
    Originally Posted by [B]Damian6988[/B]
    [B][I]That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."[/I][/B]

So, when and where do we find out if we won anything?
    Toons-Allta 67 Hobbit Hunter, Brujj 62 Hobbit Guardian, Tsorban 50 Elf Minstrel, Kalihad 32 Man Loremaster, Thomwit 27 Man Captain, Arutho 34 Hobbit Warden, Kaliadoc 23 Hobbit Burglar, Ornrik 20 Dwarf Runekeeper, Grigour 55 Dwarf Champion, Talmanes 21 Elf Runekeeper, Kalanorn, 11 Elf Hunter.

Citation Envoyé par Noishe Voir le message
    Did get a bit excited over this comp as well, until a friend pointed out the T&C [knowing I'm in Australia]. Ah well was fun for a few days thinking I was in with a shot Would be nice to actually have exclusions or countries allowed to enter on the promo page in the future
    Yeah, same for my partner and I. Emailed - come win this comp, bla bla bla.....We worked on 3 toons until it was pointed out to us. I agree, something on the advert would be nice - who reads rules lol.

Still, its good enough to take our vip money though

Yeah my wife has her account, and her daughter's account is a sub account. so the fact that both of them have leveled excludes them? i think thats stupid.

(edit: im stupid. i guess thats just in the french rules?)
    Toons-Allta 67 Hobbit Hunter, Brujj 62 Hobbit Guardian, Tsorban 50 Elf Minstrel, Kalihad 32 Man Loremaster, Thomwit 27 Man Captain, Arutho 34 Hobbit Warden, Kaliadoc 23 Hobbit Burglar, Ornrik 20 Dwarf Runekeeper, Grigour 55 Dwarf Champion, Talmanes 21 Elf Runekeeper, Kalanorn, 11 Elf Hunter.

Citation Envoyé par Brujj Voir le message
    So, when and where do we find out if we won anything?
    According to the rules each potential winner will be notified via email. The drawing is scheduled to be held on November 12, 2013. Each potential winner may be required to sign a release form. It may take some time after November 12, 2013 for the final winner's list to be created.

For further details:
    http://www.turbine.com/en/content/he...ling-promotion
    please read the official rules. Hope you understand American Legal English.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Hmm. I never got the email for the contest, but I am curious: Has the drawing been held already? Just wanted to know who the lucky devils were.

Page 1 sur 2 1 2 DernièreDernière

Règles de messages