Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 9 sur 9

Fresh game install for a current lifetime account, how?

Good morning adventurers;

I have browsed around and I see advice for ftp starts, steam method, but I am none of these and don't want to create a steam account only to select the wrong account.

Is my best option to install from the lotro game site and then remove Pando afterwards? I am sweeping the computer clean and currently have all expansions.

Thank you kindly.

Unfortunately, Pando is most likely your fastest option... At least for the most up-to-date version with the least amount of patching afterwards.

Thanks much!!

The fastest way to get the Lotro software is to go here:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/212500/
    get the Windows or Mac client as appropriate for you via the Play it for Free option. Going this route gets you the software and nothing else.

Steam and Turbine are not connected there is no possibility of getting the wrong account. Whenever you buy content on Steam you have to retrieve the key code from Steam - log into MyAccount on Turbine - select the correct Lotro account - apply the key code.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I was more concerned about selecting the wrong Steam account, I don't have one and really didn't want to create yet another game account. There are options to purchase one lotro xpac, or another...or FTP. For the less experienced, simply deleting Pando after install seems easier, no?

Citation Envoyé par Schmidster Voir le message
    I was more concerned about selecting the wrong Steam account, I don't have one and really didn't want to create yet another game account. There are options to purchase one lotro xpac, or another...or FTP. For the less experienced, simply deleting Pando after install seems easier, no?
    It depends on whether you are willing to:

1) Have reduced PC performance because Pando Media Booster (PMB) has made a server out of your PC and is happily using a lot of your uplink bandwidth, memory and CPU resources to ship Lotro to other players.

2) Allow PMB to consume your limited monthly bandwidth uploading Lotro to other people starting the moment PMB finishes its install up until you decide to uninstall it.

3) PMB is a lot slower than Steam. The last time I tested it Steam was about 10 times faster. You mileage may vary - better or worse.

I personally do not having my PC converted in a bit torrent server.

It is your choice - slow down your PC, chew up your bandwidth, monthly allotment and take longer to get Lotro - use PMB. Or spend a few minutes creating a Steam account get the Lotro in a hurry via standard FTP.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

But Yula, I said I would "remove Pando" after the down load of the game.

Are you saying I am wrong in thinking it is "removed"? ( I have done it in the past and seems to be fully removed, but was I wrong?).

Thank you for the extra care in my choices, but I wonder what is easier for a game account that has all the content but just wants to re-start for a clean factory install. I do it every couple of years and just want to be up to date, as things are much different now in the game/game account management/site direction, etc. than before.

I am aware of the Pando-sharing, but Steam just looked more complicated.

Cheers

Citation Envoyé par Schmidster Voir le message
    ...but I wonder what is easier for a game account that has all the content but just wants to re-start for a clean factory install.

Frankly, it might be easiest to download the installation files before your system wipe, store the downloaded installation files on a data partition or spare hard drive (somewhere safe from your wipe), then after your system reinstall you can install the game from your spare copy.

If you do this using the Pando downloader option, a full system wipe & fresh install will guarantee Pando's demise, and you won't have to worry about it post-reinstall. I don't know if Steam gives you installation files that can be backed up and used after your reinstall (at least without reinstalling Steam as well).
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

If you are re-installing the same version of the OS, you don't need to do a full re-install of LOTRO.
    Save away the whole Turbine/LOTRO folder (to external media, or another hard drive that won't be wiped),
    it should be something like 10-15Gb.

Once your OS install is complete, copy LOTRO back to your drive (in any location you like, it actually doesn't
    matter), and fire up the Launcher. The launcher should install any missing run-time pre-reqs and then it
    should be ready to go. You'll need to re-select game Options, but it shouldn't download much other than
    the latest splash screens.

If you're installing a different OS version, then you will want to download and install from scratch.

Règles de messages