Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 6 sur 6

Runs fine with Ubuntu 13.10

I had trouble upgrading my linux Ubuntu 13.04 to the newly released 13.10 (the upgrade failed, but I installed OK from DVD).

LotRO runs fine on my chubby ASUS laptop with:

- 64-bit Ubuntu 13.10
    - NVIDIA driver 319.60 (installed painlessly from the new additional drivers tool)
    - wine 1.6
    - pylotro
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M

FWIW, I upgraded the other partition to Win 8.1, and it runs fine there too. I don't spend much time in Windows, though.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

thanks tuco i appreciate you letting everyone know. just upgraded my system so reinstalling 13.10 and seeing if i run into any problems
    Kraken, Thesungodra

runs fine for me on Mint just using wine. no pylotro necessary.

I was wondering if we still needed to use PyLotro with the new game client.

I've been using PlayOnLinux to manage my Wine games. Fortunately the upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10 didn't break anything.

Just installed Ubuntu 13.10 (64-bit) on my old desktop with a i7 920 and GTX 260, can anyone walk me through the steps to install LOTRO? I'm a linux "noob" but I want to get to know it.

I've upgraded the graphics drivers to Nvidia 319 already. I tried PlayonLinux but LOTRO wasn't listed as a game to install.

Thanks.

Citation Envoyé par ajizle123 Voir le message
    Just installed Ubuntu 13.10 (64-bit) on my old desktop with a i7 920 and GTX 260, can anyone walk me through the steps to install LOTRO? I'm a linux "noob" but I want to get to know it.

I've upgraded the graphics drivers to Nvidia 319 already. I tried PlayonLinux but LOTRO wasn't listed as a game to install.

Thanks.
    There are fairly detailed instructions in the winehq.org app database for the game, under the link for Riders of Rohan. It's marked obsolete but the latest entry doesn't have any detail.

You want to make sure you have at least wine version 1.6. Though some 1.5 versions work they are development versions and it's safer just to go with the latest stable one.

In my opinion the quickest way to get set up is to copy all of the LOTRO files over from a Windows machine, install pylotro.exe in wine, and then point pylotro at the folder where you put the files.

You could also try the commercial version of wine, Crossover, which I believe has a crosstie for the game (similar to the PlayOnLinux automation).

Règles de messages