Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 16 sur 16

Discussion: Balin and Company

Balin and Company

Off Lotro topic, but I think Turbine should come out with a straight to dvd movie about the fate of Balin and company in the same style they did the mines of moria cinematic.

Exclamation

Yes, this thread should be moved to a different forums section. "Off Topics" section is a easy choice. Anyways that isnt a very bad idea but Turbines don't do movies, just games far i know. The movie can be done by Warner Bross entertainment. But well i bet they may considere that option depending how much earnings they get from Tolkiens lore fans (& not so much fans yet) with The Hobbit productions.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Citation Envoyé par YamydeAragon Voir le message
    Anyways that isnt a very bad idea
    Not a good idea even taken simply as a pitch for a movie - The Hobbit is bad enough for having thirteen Dwarves, now imagine there's a load more and everyone in the whole damn movie is a Dwarf. It'd be a total beardfest. Then add in the fact that everyone dies. Oh, and Balin dies early on when some Orc bushwhacks him, Nowhere near epic enough to meet people's expectations - if you're going to do Middle-earth you need a broad canvas, expansive vistas, not just a hole in the ground.

Anyways that isnt a very bad idea
    I find it hard to believe there is much money to be made for a script that the leader (Balin) get killed early on. All his whole crews is wiped out.

It is kind of like a James Bond movie. Bond gets killed in the intro of the movie. The rest of the movie shows the remaining 00s, all members of MI6 including M and Q struggling, losing and finally all killed. Whatever the bad guys objectives are completed to the Evil Leader's satisfaction. I do not know about any one else. I have no interest in this kind of movie.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

It really sucks when you think you have a good idea and everyone just rips it to shreds.
    I feel for ya Dantrag.

Y You can also base it on the iron garrison returning to moria from lotro. Just because the good guys don't win doesn't mean its a bad movie. Remember GOT Ned Stark gets his head cut off, and what about the red wedding? Bad guys prevail and people still come back for more.

Not to sound like a stick in the mud but I think LOTR movies should be left to Peter Jackson with newline cinema...

Citation Envoyé par ReadStar Voir le message
    Not to sound like a stick in the mud but I think LOTR movies should be left to Peter Jackson with newline cinema...
    So you would be oposed to something new, ex lotr movie shot the same way they did beowolf. Instead of basing the movie off of a book you know the exact ending to, tell the story of events that happend elswhere. People s**t all over WAR IN THE NORTH because it didn't center around the fellowship, but I thought it had a good story.

1. This should go in off-topic
    2. I don't really think Balin's story is long or exciting enough to warrant a film.
    3. AFAIK people didn't s**t all over War in the North because it didn't center around the fellowship, but because it had little to do with Lord of the Rings and had mediocre gameplay to boot.
    4. Readstar, please, please don't encourage Peter Jackson to try and tackle more of Tolkien's works, he has done more than enough damage as it is. Okay so I know a lot of people still liked Return of the King and The Two Towers and I respectfully disagree with them, but have you seen his take on The Hobbit?
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Exclamation

Citation Envoyé par BirdofHermes Voir le message
    ...4. Readstar, please, please don't encourage Peter Jackson to try and tackle more of Tolkien's works...
    Yes Readstar, don't encourage Peter Jackson. Let me encourage him instead!
    I think he made a good job in the movies considering how long & tick are the stories of those books. Also, that was a good way to introduce that literature to people that wouldn't know of Tolkiens otherwise.
    Dont take it personal Tolkiens fans. There is not & never beeing 1 person that is known by every human beeing of the planet & that doesn't make the person or his work neither better nor worse. & i know that movies are never the same as the books but that doesn't mean they arent good in their own way.
    Anyways everyone is entittled to his/her own opinions.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth

Citation Envoyé par Yula_the_Mighty Voir le message
    I find it hard to believe there is much money to be made for a script that the leader (Balin) get killed early on. All his whole crews is wiped out.

It is kind of like a James Bond movie. Bond gets killed in the intro of the movie. The rest of the movie shows the remaining 00s, all members of MI6 including M and Q struggling, losing and finally all killed. Whatever the bad guys objectives are completed to the Evil Leader's satisfaction. I do not know about any one else. I have no interest in this kind of movie.
    OK here is what we do...
    Call the movie Balin at the Alamo of Moria!
    Balin is played by John Wayne (no beard) and doesn't die until the end and takes thousands of Orcs with him.
    Sean Bean plays David Bowie (he sings and invented the knife right?) and gets killed heroically (Mr. Bean is used to roles where he dies) taking thousands of Orcs with him.

Big STARS !
    Big BATTLES !
    Big singing knife fights with a big knife !
    Moria is in Texas a BIG state !

This will win Oscars and be BIG at the box office!
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Citation Envoyé par Dantrag28 Voir le message
    So you would be oposed to something new, ex lotr movie shot the same way they did beowolf. Instead of basing the movie off of a book you know the exact ending to, tell the story of events that happend elswhere. People s**t all over WAR IN THE NORTH because it didn't center around the fellowship, but I thought it had a good story.
    Yeah but war of the north was still based on the LOTR movies that Peter Jackson made! may have not been the same characters but many of the tings I saw in it were based off of the movies...

Yes Readstar, don't encourage Peter Jackson. Let me encourage him instead!
    I think he made a good job in the movies considering how long & tick are the stories of those books. Also, that was a good way to introduce that literature to people that wouldn't know of Tolkiens otherwise.
    Dont take it personal Tolkiens fans. There is not & never beeing 1 person that is known by every human beeing of the planet & that doesn't make the person or his work neither better nor worse. & i know that movies are never the same as the books but that doesn't mean they arent good in their own way.
    Anyways everyone is entittled to his/her own opinions.
    I'll encourage him too. I love his movies! I also agree that his movies are not the same as the books but they are good in their own way. I always tell people that I'm not going to see a LOTRO, Hobbit, or King Kong movie, but I'm off to see a Peter Jackson movie.

Citation Envoyé par FittyBolger Voir le message
    OK here is what we do...
    Call the movie Balin at the Alamo of Moria!
    Balin is played by John Wayne (no beard) and doesn't die until the end and takes thousands of Orcs with him.
    Sean Bean plays David Bowie (he sings and invented the knife right?) and gets killed heroically (Mr. Bean is used to roles where he dies) taking thousands of Orcs with him.

Big STARS !
    Big BATTLES !
    Big singing knife fights with a big knife !
    Moria is in Texas a BIG state !

This will win Oscars and be BIG at the box office!

Fitty, your posts always crack me up!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

The movie starts out with Balin and company making their final stand and getting their asses handed to them by orcs and what not, then the rest of the movie is based on lotro's Mines of Moria story line all through till Lothlorien. This way people can enjoy everything not just dwarves. Please tell me why this would be a bad thing.

Citation Envoyé par Dantrag28 Voir le message
    The movie starts out with Balin and company making their final stand and getting their asses handed to them by orcs and what not, then the rest of the movie is based on lotro's Mines of Moria story line all through till Lothlorien. This way people can enjoy everything not just dwarves. Please tell me why this would be a bad thing.
    Because viewed solely as fiction and in the context of LOTR proper, LOTRO's story is as mad as a box of frogs. It's only there to prop up a game, remember - it wasn't written to work in any wider sense.

Citation Envoyé par Radhruin_EU Voir le message
    Because viewed solely as fiction and in the context of LOTR proper, LOTRO's story is as mad as a box of frogs. It's only there to prop up a game, remember - it wasn't written to work in any wider sense.
    I'd agree. There seem to be a lot of decisions that were made to enable the player to visit iconic places and actually have an impact rather than work constantly in the shadow. As soon as you remove the justification - hollow as it can seem sometimes - that this is an MMO, which has expected conventions and necessary contrivances, and a video game, which demands more than a modicum of player interaction, then you're left with things that really, really jar.

Règles de messages