Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 11 sur 11

Will there be a physical retail copy of Helm's Deep available in stores?

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find answers anywhere.
    Will I be able to walk into a store and purchase a physical copy of Helm's Deep? I don't like downloads, but I do like boxes! And discs! And holding things in my hands. Will I be able to do this with Helm's Deep?

Citation Envoyé par TheSchnitz Voir le message
    I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find answers anywhere.
    Will I be able to walk into a store and purchase a physical copy of Helm's Deep? I don't like downloads, but I do like boxes! And discs! And holding things in my hands. Will I be able to do this with Helm's Deep?
    The question has been asked before, but no answer is known.
    It was possible (at least in some countries) to buy a physical copy of Riders of Rohan, so it seems likely that Helm's Deep will also be available in that way.
    Turbine has not said anything about this as far as I know, but then I don't think we ever saw any official announcement or even mention of the Riders of Rohan box from them either.

The physical boxes for Riders of Rohan were produced by Warner Brothers. They were only delivered to Germany (German Version) and Great Britain (English). I never saw anything about a French version.

I suspect the reason Turbine did not discuss the situation with Riders of Rohan physical boxes is because it is something that is done by their owner Warner Brothers. Turbine does not have any input, control or information on the situation. Warner Brothers is most likely operating in a distributor role. All income and expenses are not part of Turbine's balance sheet. They are shown as being earned by the part of Warner Brothers that handles physical media for all Warner Brothers game development companies.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Sapience est déconnecté Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Citation Envoyé par Yula_the_Mighty Voir le message
    The physical boxes for Riders of Rohan were produced by Warner Brothers. They were only delivered to Germany (German Version) and Great Britain (English). I never saw anything about a French version.

I suspect the reason Turbine did not discuss the situation with Riders of Rohan physical boxes is because it is something that is done by their owner Warner Brothers. Turbine does not have any input, control or information on the situation. Warner Brothers is most likely operating in a distributor role. All income and expenses are not part of Turbine's balance sheet. They are shown as being earned by the part of Warner Brothers that handles physical media for all Warner Brothers game development companies.
    A great example of why you should always read Yula sig.

Citation Envoyé par ertr Voir le message
    The question has been asked before, but no answer is known.
    It was possible (at least in some countries) to buy a physical copy of Riders of Rohan, so it seems likely that Helm's Deep will also be available in that way.
    Turbine has not said anything about this as far as I know, but then I don't think we ever saw any official announcement or even mention of the Riders of Rohan box from them either.
    There is no boxed copy planned for Helm's Deep. In very specific markets boxed copies are still considered an expected part of a game release, but those markets are shrinking. So as with last year's Rohan edition, we published one for Germany because that market still considered boxed copies important. There isn't one this year because the market there has changed. I believe there will be a very, very limited run of boxed copies for France, but that's all. And I do mean limited.

Citation Envoyé par Sapience Voir le message
    I believe there will be a very, very limited run of boxed copies for France, but that's all. And I do mean limited.
    Will this edition be receiving its own mount like the limited edition German boxes?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

It is a very profitable route for companies to not have retail copies. Since all players have to download the update in order to play, even if they are not buying HD, producing retail copies just eats into Turbines profits. The base edition cost $40 and without productions cost of the hard copies and accounting for the retailers profits Turbine make more money.

The downside is the lack of advertising that comes from having your game on the shop floor which could entice new players. I wasn't aware of the game until I seen it for sale in a local independent game shop and when one of the staff seen me looking at it he told me a lot more about the game and even gave me his server, player name and guild name when I bought it so I could ask him for help in game if I needed it.

Citation Envoyé par cossieuk Voir le message
    It is a very profitable route for companies to not have retail copies. Since all players have to download the update in order to play, even if they are not buying HD, producing retail copies just eats into Turbines profits. The base edition cost $40 and without productions cost of the hard copies and accounting for the retailers profits Turbine make more money.

The downside is the lack of advertising that comes from having your game on the shop floor which could entice new players. I wasn't aware of the game until I seen it for sale in a local independent game shop and when one of the staff seen me looking at it he told me a lot more about the game and even gave me his server, player name and guild name when I bought it so I could ask him for help in game if I needed it.
    Unfortunately, as much as I like being able to download my games when I purchase them from the comfort of my own home, in my local area there are now no local independent game shops left. They have all closed over the last few years. One sad price for convenience I guess.

Another downside is impulse purchases from Steam are all too easy to make!
    Council Of The West On Snowbourn

Runesi lvl 100 Rune Keeper

This increase in revenue is why many products music and games to name two have gone digital.
    The downside is the lack of advertising that comes from having your game on the shop floor which could entice new players.
    Where I live there are not many of these shops left. There is a Game Stop near my house. It is in a store front within a outdoor mall. The advertising is restricted to typically one game whose posters are pasted on the glass for the store. The game of the month is Grand Thief Auto. The primary purpose of the store is supply console games to people that can't buy on line - cash users - children most likely. Plus provide a trade in resale of used console game. They have a very limited selection of PC games - the hot sellers.

The only places that sell games are Wal-Mart and the like. They only want the hot sellers because they want product turn over.

The days when we had companies like EB Games that were willing to stock a game with a projected total store sales of 5 units or less are long gone.

When you are dealing with an online PC game, your target audience is internet savvy PC or Mac users. You would want to bombard people with those annoying internet ads.

More and more of us are moving to doing internet research on all products before leaving the house. I am 59 years old. In September I decided that I wanted to replace my 15 year old car that I had worn out. Back in 1998, it was look at printed ad documentation and drive around to look at cars. This time I spent a whole day looking up information and cars online before going out to touch one that looked good on the net. Much less annoying than going to dealers for information on particular car models and what you do you have for sale.
    Dernière modification par Yula_the_Mighty ; 10/10/2013 à 12h32.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I've seen RoR (and i think most xpacs before RoR too) as retail copy in some dutch stores, I guess we just have to wait
    Server: Evernight

Main: Thrabath - Champion - Lvl 105; Thramhir - Minstrel - Lvl 105

Citation Envoyé par Yula_the_Mighty Voir le message
    ...Turbine does not have any input, control or information on the....
    That's not entirely true since the retail box had different rewards than the online version and that's hardly possible without Turbine's involvement.

It was not just "Rohan shippend on Disc", it was the Premium version including a mount, cosmetic war steed appearance and cloaks which were not avaiable in ANY online version.

I know the retail version also made it to Norway, but I assume that version is identical to the UK version (also the version in dutch stores could be the german or english one).

@Sapience: I surely hope you are right and nothing is coming. It's one thing to offer the expansion through separate sources, another thing is that the buyers of the expensive editions don't get all the rewards.

So as with last year's Rohan edition, we published one for Germany because that market still considered boxed copies important.
    ...and we don't buy with credit cards. We still use these colorful Euro bills.

There isn't one this year because the market there has changed. I believe there will be a very, very limited run of boxed copies for France, but that's all. And I do mean limited.
    But we still use Euro bills...

An irritated Polymachos

Règles de messages