Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 10 sur 10

Hybrid View

Home page: No lottery/characters/kin listing

I'm just back after about a 6 month hiatus. It took a bit to get logged on as my home.lotro bookmark didn't work. Now that I'm here I can find and read the forums just fine (obviously) but when I click on Lottery it shows nothing recent and offers to show me the past lotteries I have won (looks accurate) and I can't at all find where my characters and kin affiliations are listed. I wanted to look at the levels and where my characters are, but I have no list. The old one was a slick as can be. After reading the forums a bit I think the problem must be on my end, not LOTRO. I'm using the newest version of Firefox.

Any suggestions?

Characters and Kinships were part of my.lotro which no longer exists.
    TANSTAAFL

Citation Envoyé par mjk47 Voir le message
    Characters and Kinships were part of my.lotro which no longer exists.
    Excuse my words, but whose crazy, hair-brained, un-whatever idea was that? Seems like a way for folks to see their characters and even those others would be part of the out of game foundation for any MMO.

The system to pull character data was broken half the time, caused heavy loading on the database, etc, and relatively few people (as a percentage of active players) were even using it. When it came time to decide what to keep through the forum revamp, those didn't make the cut. According to Sapience, it wasn't a close call.

And really, I believe it when they say that a small percentage were using it. When they announced the changes last April, maybe several dozen players complained. When it was actually cut, maybe a couple of dozen did in the first few weeks, with "stragglers" coming here to complain now and again afterwards. That just isn't a heck of a lot. If they were to remove something really beloved by tons of players (let's say they decided custom chat channels were simply more trouble than they were worth, and shut them all down), people would be flocking here by the hundreds to complain about it. Maybe even thousands. People who had never posted at all would come here to give Turbine what for.

Khafar

I would have thought more people were using the character / guild search feature.

Which brings me back to the other question. I have a link on the menu for the lottery but nothing except archive data. They were having problems with it when I stopped playing before. If they are not going to fix it, then why leave in the link?

Citation Envoyé par Siskiyou Voir le message
    I would have thought more people were using the character / guild search feature.

Which brings me back to the other question. I have a link on the menu for the lottery but nothing except archive data. They were having problems with it when I stopped playing before. If they are not going to fix it, then why leave in the link?
    Originally Turbine was going to remove the lottery but Sapience managed to convince them to keep the Lotto. The new Lotto isn't a regularly scheduled activity like the old Lotto. We only have drawings when there is something special going on. The last Lotto that I saw was a three day Lotto. Turbine was giving a single Helms Deep key to the residents of each server. There were 29 Helms Deep lotteries. One for each server with a single winner for each server.

There are still data export issues. Although Sapience was able to get the lottery implemented in the web site he was not able to get resources to fix the character data exports. Sapience is still struggling on to get the web enabled character data synched with the game servers. Obviously it is not as out of sync as the old character database because it contains a lot less data. I believe it only has character name, race, class, level, perhaps gender, server and account. We apparently have the same issues as before - Character is deleted in game but still in the web database - Character exists in game but does not exist in the web database - Character is higher level in game than what is shown in the web database - web database updates for a particular server will stop manual intervention is required - web database is way behind the game state delayed updates perhaps several days.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Règles de messages