Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 2 sur 2 PremièrePremière 1 2
Affichage des résultats 26 à 44 sur 44
    So... many.

First time coming from Staddle into Bree on the first character. Bree seemed huge at the time.

Running a then level 12 Loremaster through to Rivendell for the Scholar Crafting Guild. That ramp up from the Ford of Bruinen was nasty.

Entering Moria for the first time.

Getting to Galtrev at level cap where all the level capped players tended to hang out.

Having my then 75 Minstrel healing my side of an Orthanc raid cluster.

First time in the Draigoch raid.

Questing in Fangorn around the middle of RoR - the art department did a fantastic job there.

There are so many brilliant lotro moments -
    Like staring out across Evendim from the ruins or
    Doing vol 1 Book 14 chp 1 at level 50 with a group of 4 burgs, 1 LM and a Minstrel - the best teamwork I have seen in my life (respect Mellows).
    However, nothing will beat my 45 secs of fame against thorog at level 50 - 22 dead and there stood a pathetic hunter on 2.5 morale and a Minstrel - fighting those hordes in version 1.0.

Never surrender - a valiant but futile attempt to whittle down his morale - but boy was it glorious - It was not even close but to last so long........

Thumbs up

Citation Envoyé par Galadhloth Voir le message
    One of the moments that really stands out to me is the very end of the prologue to Epic Vol 2... the instance where you are with the fellowship as they depart Rivendell. Really beautiful stuff...
    I love that quest, is a really emotive one. We are all going with you Frodo, to help you, & Bill the Pony is also going as well.

Citation Envoyé par Scruffynerf Voir le message
    Running a then level 12 Loremaster through to Rivendell for the Scholar Crafting Guild. That ramp up from the Ford of Bruinen was nasty.
    I did this for a firework quest...took five attempts but boy was it worth it...

Ok, I have decided on my favorite LotRO moment. It is leveling my cappy in Tal Bruinen, man that place is gorgeous it took forever though.

Thumbs up

Yah, no one can deny that Trollshaw is one of the most beautyful places of LOTRO. It always take the breath away of new players. There is something magical about that long road that goes in between the hills & trees, & the trolls that path it at night are a unexpected impressive sight. You soon realized that the name is well earned.

Two Moments:

1) The first time I hit Bree

2) The friends I made with the Kinship I joined. The Elder Knights were big and have shrunk a lot thanks to SWTOR. But the few that remain have so many alts that we get by and frankly we're happy.

Yeah, for me it was the first time I walked out of the 1st Hall in Moria into the sunshine and beauty of Dimrill Dale. After what felt like weeks fighting through the "long dark" of Moria, I just stood in awe at the magnificent view and let the sun hit my face. And I still get that feeling with every new character that does it.

Citation Envoyé par DirkBadgewick Voir le message
    Two Moments:

1) The first time I hit Bree

That was a cool moment for me too.

But I'd have to say the first couple of weeks I played this game were my best. I was absolutely blown away by this game when I first stared playing it. You can probably go back and find my original post. It read like a love letter.

Sadly though that game doesn't exist anymore But I won't go into detail about that. I only rain on positive threads when I feel it's appropriate.

1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    Getting the quest from Gandalf that zapped you to Rivendell to speak with Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas. Incidentally, it was the first time I had ever SEEN Rivendell.

Fighting with 3 trolls at once on my hunter character in the Epic Quest instance. I had 65 health left when I finally felled the last one.

Doing the quest "Signs and Portents" as a new character. Seeing Galadhriel in Lothlorien, seeing game replications of part of the movies, it just made the game so real for me.

Fighting a load of dwarves in Kheledul on my RK. Lightning, green runes, fireballs: it was an epically close battle.

Most recently, hitting level 40 with my hunter character. It really made me feel powerful!

Blasting through the Trollshaws with my 3 friends in game: the ultimate Fellowship!

Finding the secret area in the northeast of Evendim, home of Gwindreth. Beautiful place!
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

Figuring out how to destroy a spider egg, on the landscape in Trollshaws, without my solo burg getting dragged into an unwinnable fight against two on-level but group-sized mobs either side of it.

Ooh, I loved reading all of these! So many memories ^^

My first (of many) favorite moment was being really, really new to the game, and in a fellowship with some kinnies to hunt dragons... that first step out into Angmar... My inner lore-geek went, "HOLY #*$& I'M IN ANGMAR?!?!?!" It was exhilarating and creepy and scary, and I loved it.

Right now, I'm re-reading LotR for the millionth time, and I looooove reading a familiar passage and thinking to myself, "Oh yeah, I've been there too!" :-D

Every time I enter a new part of Moria <3

Citation Envoyé par andrealibs Voir le message
    Right now, I'm re-reading LotR for the millionth time, and I looooove reading a familiar passage and thinking to myself, "Oh yeah, I've been there too!" :-D
    This right here is pretty awesome. I think all Tolkien lovers can relate.

One of my best was a combined RL/LOTRO moment.

My wife had a few friends over. I was playing LOTRO in my study. Her friend X wandered in to say hi as I was doing something or other in Rivendell. One of the elves said "Mae Govannen."

X says "That sounds like Sindarin."

"Yup."

She asks "What are you doing?" as she walks behind me to see the screen. "That's Rivendell! What are you playing?"

Turns out X is a major Tolkien maven, as in: reads and writes Sindarin as well as speaks a little. Spent the next hour taking her on a tour of all the level 1-75 areas with my 85 Hunter. Let her drive in the Shire since she knew the map from reading the books a gazillion times. Amazed her with Moria and Lothlorien. Creeped her out in Mirkwood.

It was just plain fun for both of us.

We're having a party in a couple weeks and she's asked if she can come early and see more. I'm planning to save an 85 and show her the Epic quest line from Entwade into Edoras followed by a tour of Isengard and Fangorn.

She has no interest in playing an online game, but is thrilled to be able to see and run around in Middle Earth.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]

Citation Envoyé par Nosdracir Voir le message
    She has no interest in playing an online game, but is thrilled to be able to see and run around in Middle Earth.
    Amazing!

Always thought Turbine could cater to these virtual tourists somehow...

"Roll up, roll up! Get on the LOTRO tour bus..."

Citation Envoyé par Nosdracir Voir le message
    She asks "What are you doing?" as she walks behind me to see the screen. "That's Rivendell! What are you playing?"
    Yep, the world builders nailed it when someone who has never played the game can still recognize the locale.

Kudos, world builders, kudos.
    I like ice cream.

Citation Envoyé par Feraxks Voir le message
    Yep, the world builders nailed it when someone who has never played the game can still recognize the locale.

Kudos, world builders, kudos.
    You realize it's even better when you're driving around and out of the corner of your eye you see something and flinch thinking it's Weathertop or some random creature then realize you play WAY too much.

I have so many favorite moments in lotro!

One that sticks out to me is when we killed the turtle with 5 burgs and a mini on level.
    It was just an epic battle I had my gf standing next me with a towel, wiping the sweat from my brow... I think the video
    Might still be on YouTube somewhere... The turtle fight, not my gf... XD

Oh and another fave of mine is the first time I met Sara Oakheart... That slow seductive walk she did was burned into my memory

Page 2 sur 2 PremièrePremière 1 2

Règles de messages