Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 1 sur 5 1 2 3 4 5 DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 1 à 25 sur 122

Discussion: MC is awful

MC is awful

I bought RoR yesterday, and after several hours of play, I can say war steeds are not the least enjoyable. RoR itself is somewhat enjoyable.
    I have ridden a lot of different horses traveling over many types of terrain. I can tell you that a trotting horse can make a sharp turn and can do it without sliding sideways. Not in RoR. In RoR my war steed can, from a standing start, jump over a wall, the road on the other side and the wall on the other side of the road. All I wanted to do was jump the wall, but noooo. This is absolutely the worst horse control I have ever encountered in any game.
    The combat is even worse. Fortunately I am using a hunter so at least I do not have to perform the ridiculous close combat. Being hit with a sword when
    the enemy is 30 or more feet away is beyond ridiculous. Being able to do it myself is just as bad. Having an enemy ride through a camp and attack me while I am conversing with a merchant is ridiculous. All the Rohirrim acting as if nothing is happening is just pathetic. If you do not want your NPCs killing each other, then separate their AOs. Do not set them up to just ignore each other. Major fail.
    I already quit using my war steed for combat. This makes RoR much better except for the mounted enemies. These seem to be scripted to ride around in huge
    circles. This means I have to wait for them to come back around so I can shoot them as they ride by 40 feet away, hitting me with a sword. At best RoR is something to endure until what? Helm's Deep? Is this going to have MC also? If so, I think I may pass. I will not be bringing any of my 7 other toons to Rohan other than on my way to future content that will hopefully be better.
    Players have been asking for years for an upgrade to the poor housing. Instead the Devs spend precious resources producing a terrible MC system. There is
    absolutely no reason to play this horrid MC. I can play M&B when I want to play actual Mounted Combat done as well as can be done in a game.
    Please Devs, do not waste any more time on this MC. With all that you do from now on, just pretend MC never happened and keep the game in boots.

Ah yes, the power sliding horse. A source of great amusement to me (I sometimes find myself making tire-squealing noises when it happens. ). At least, it was amusing until I tried to actually navigate the stupid thing.

And don't forget the ever-so-fun point of having very few combat skills, which all do less damage with longer cooldowns. And when chasing one mob, agroing a dozen others because it's nearly impossible to see anything around you when riding full tilt.

Mounted combat is a major reason I haven't even bothered with Wildermore. I'm sure I'll bring other characters through Rohan, but at this point, I'm not sure if I'll even bother with getting a warsteed for them.

Well you should've experienced MC at release then, it has actually improved quite a bit since then.
    Most classes got buffed in some way, you don't have to trait your horse all yellow before you can even ride at full speed and not have half a mile turn radius, and at least for me, Update 11.3 really reduced the powersliding signifficantly.

Yes it still feels laggy and jumping acts pretty nuts, but I just did the MC intro again with an alt, and it was a lot less horrible than at RoR release.
    PyLotRO with Python 3.x support and bugfixes: [url]https://github.com/Lynx3d/pylotro[/url]

MC need time to get use to (and to level the steed so its easier to control and more powerful) and good computer + connection to reduce the lag. And it's most usefull on open ground. But some people just can never get use to it.

Citation Envoyé par Oberrill Voir le message
    Please Devs, do not waste any more time on this MC. With all that you do from now on, just pretend MC never happened and keep the game in boots.

This.... ^
    [IMG]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii500/supermaco/2800703.png[/IMG]

Citation Envoyé par Oberrill Voir le message
    I bought RoR yesterday, and after several hours of play, I can say war steeds are not the least enjoyable. RoR itself is somewhat enjoyable.

I already quit using my war steed for combat. This makes RoR much better except for the mounted enemies. These seem to be scripted to ride around in huge
    circles. This means I have to wait for them to come back around so I can shoot them as they ride by 40 feet away, hitting me with a sword.
    In the beginning when you have your first warsteed it is frustrating, sliding around, skidding who knows what direction sometimes. However, as you get more training (Points) the control gets much better. So even for someone like me who has played MC from the start, it is still tough in the beginning with an new alt character. It's just getting reasonable now my alt reached level 80, I can't recall how much steed exp. I have.

So what I'm saying is you can't judge MC until you've used it for a few levels and trained up the warsteed - not to mention the more decent relics aren't even available until lvl 80. There are lvl 75 relics you can craft, but they cost a bunch of shards/relics and you'll likely toss them in a few levels.

If you never use MC or don't plan too, you'll miss a lot of the game.

Citation Envoyé par Maximilan Voir le message
    If you never use MC or don't plan too, you'll miss a lot of the game.
    You will miss a very small, underdeveloped, and unimportant part of the game. One can go through rohan on foot just fine and miss nothing.

I take the opposite position........

I love Mounted combat and wish they would make some MC skirmishes.
    At lease just one MC skirmish for those of us that like it, please.

I wish they would also have a MC group instance of some sort for 3, 6, & 12 man.
    Not likely for that one to happen though as much as i would love to see it.

My main point is please don't discount MC and ask for it to be removed because there are those of us that do like it.
    [IMG]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OOGLYqiRemk/U2TxWOwnO6I/AAAAAAAACSE/bk3MyjILFJ0/w350-h120-no/LOTRO+Forums+Sig.jpg[/IMG]

Fat, Fuzzy, & Disabled............life doesn't get any better!
    Kinship: Roxxi Manor

Citation Envoyé par Nimrinoth Voir le message
    You will miss a very small, underdeveloped, and unimportant part of the game. One can go through rohan on foot just fine and miss nothing.
    The whole point of Rohan is that is a place where people traveled by horseback.

Mounted Combat: MC: I remember someone saying: it cannot be done. It has been done. That being said, there is room for improvement. Not being able to properly control a warsteed and / or making it hard for players is the lowest form of "gating." Make MC so hard that people give up? Or move through Rohan without using MC? What was the point of even introducing MC?

The run in a circle thing is lame. Some of the warsteed trait trees and the point system seem complicated.

There is always the illusion that if I have this "new shiny thing" I will be better. Maybe. Maybe not.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000127880/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]

Citation Envoyé par HRHoftheWraithRiders Voir le message
    The whole point of Rohan is that is a place where people traveled by horseback.
    I understand that, but i fail to see how your experience of rohan would be any less if you traveled with the regular mount. If anything i find MC with all of its issues, and also just being not very fun in general, to be more immersion breaking then just using a regular mount. Just my opinion ofc.

I understand that, but i fail to see how your experience of rohan would be any less if you traveled with the regular mount. If anything i find MC with all of its issues, and also just being not very fun in general, to be more immersion breaking then just using a regular mount. Just my opinion ofc.

MC should be fun and it was during testing last year. I made a number of comments, last year, having ridden and trained real-life horses.

One ought to be able to use random drop or epic story bridles and quest turn ins and still be able to move on a war steed using a keyboard and mouse.

The impact of "fury" while using MC seems to be increased whilst charging a mob or running in a circle. There is not much skill needed to simply run around in a circle or figure eight and it becomes tiring.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000127880/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]

One can go through rohan on foot just fine and miss nothing.
    You'd better hope you 'miss' Bugud and friends! Almost any of the warbands would eat you alive if soloing on foot/regular horse.

Hey, whatever floats your boat. If you like it better on foot or with a regular horse then enjoy!

Citation Envoyé par Maximilan Voir le message
    You'd better hope you 'miss' Bugud and friends! Almost any of the warbands would eat you alive if soloing on foot/regular horse.
    Never seen it done before, but i'm sure people have soloed Bugud on foot. Maybe not every class could, but ill bet a good champ or warden could do it.

I agree with Grhysli, you have to used to it, but once you do, I find it tons of fun. Running my Warden through Rohan now, and since I've been able to level up the steed a good bit, the control is better and the fighting is much more enjoying. The first few levels are really, really rough - you have to power through those.

I am one who enjoys mounted combat. I won't disagree it takes time to get used to the behavior of the horse. I have found the light horse more responsive in the shortest amount of time no matter what your class might be. My minstrel started out first with a light War Steed and now my hunter and guardian have theirs. Hunter is a lot of fun in mounted combat.

I also think by attacking on a war steed my dps and effectiveness is higher and the enemy dies quicker. I back off with my view until I can see the enemy I am attacking as I work. It really helps. Just keep practicing and putting in those points to make your war steed more responsive. You will enjoy it eventually.
    [CENTER]
    [URL="http://s1.zetaboards.com/LeavesOfLaurelin/index/"]Leaves Of Laurelin - Landroval and Laurelin[/URL]
    [URL="http://s13.zetaboards.com/Andunie/index/"]Andúnië - Elven music society - Laurelin & Landroval[/URL]
    Makalaurë, Cotumo, Laurefindë, Witred, and Tulus!
    [/CENTER]

I love it on some classes...when it doesn't lag.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

Each to their own I suppose, but I find MC to be great fun. There are landscape areas where it is, for me, appropriate and areas where it is not. (Balewood, ughh) When RoR came out, I had the same opinion as the OP. Hated it.... I took a deep breath, and spent some time practicing and studying the MC trait trees. I managed to overcome my initial misgivings and worked through it to the point where now I wish there was more optional MC content, especially group-oriented. I fully understand that MC is not for everyone and do not feel that quest or epic story lines should require its' use, but I would like to see continuing development time spent on MC.
    Dernière modification par Elflord410 ; 30/09/2013 à 13h36. Motif: typo
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

A Lot of Fun

Sorry to the people who cannot get into MC. I love it! I love the Rohan expansion as well. It is a reason I have in leveling up my other Alts, to get them all on the War Steed.

Are they hard to handle, sure, but I find that cool, experiencing a difference in their handling as I earn more points.

Do I run into everything whilst using War Horses in towns, yep, sure do. I usually use my other horses for towns or slow my War Steed down... though I do love trying to take the Prancing Pony corner at full gallop on my War Horse, that is a giggle, need to move those darn Prancing Pony stables

Ever since Updates 11.3 + 11.4 came out, I've been enjoying mounted combat again, as well. The speed control has been improved, and the lag has been reduced appreciatively for me. There's still a smidgen of it in towns, though, and I suspect when (if) server load goes up when Helm's Deep is released, it'll be conspicuous.

I certainly hope there's still room for more performance tuning, and that Turbine keeps at it.
    [CENTER][SIZE=2][FONT=palatino linotype]Genifer, Helle, Zorzini, Borniveth, Wellwyn, Nothgyth, Saxwis
    [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=2][FONT=palatino linotype]SHADOWBANE | Landroval
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Citation Envoyé par Grhysli Voir le message
    I take the opposite position........

I love Mounted combat and wish they would make some MC skirmishes.
    At lease just one MC skirmish for those of us that like it, please.

I wish they would also have a MC group instance of some sort for 3, 6, & 12 man.
    Not likely for that one to happen though as much as i would love to see it.

My main point is please don't discount MC and ask for it to be removed because there are those of us that do like it.
    YES! I absolutely LOVE mounted combat! This was the only reason that I even started to play the game in the first place! I saw an add on a gamesite, "LOTRO mounted combat, riders of Rohan" and I instantly installed the game and started from lvl 1. If mounted combat disappears, I'm quitting this game.

People who complain about the warsteed simply aren't skilled enough to control their horse. The turn rate thing, 'sliding', can you imagine trying to kite a mounted enemy with a normal mount? You wouldn't even SEE the enemy because you would be spinning around yourself at high speed. They made it so for a reason. Learn how to play. And remember the warsteed has different speeds; walk -> trot -> canter -> galop. Slow down if you can't handle it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720601000028c012/signature.png]Mortum[/charsig]

Add my vote for mounted combat! I love it! I have my controls set like a regular mount (so that I stop when I take my finger off the "W" key), and sometimes I do use "/follow" (which some consider a cheat, but I think it mimics real combat more because you are usually right next to your foe)---but I find it to be very enjoyable. During the time between updates with the "/follow" command did not work right, I just practiced keeping my finger on the "W" key and using the other keys/mouse to activate the attacks and had no problems whatsoever (my medium WarSteed is at max level). I too would love to see some more mounted combat instances (there are 1 or 2 in Wildermore).

I think MC is great fun! If you ever played a space sim (Wing Commander? Privateer?) you'll find some awesome parallels. It's like dogfighting, but from horseback. And it's on the plains of Rohan.

I recommend starting with a Light War Steed, as they are the most responsive, easiest to turn etc.

Get over the initial learning curve and you'll figure out how to time jumps and avoid obstacles.

MC has several amazing gems in this game: the instances where you get to ride out with Rohirrim and fight side by side with them from horseback are amazing.

Also warbands absolutely rock, the easy ones give you confidence and then you ride into a hard one and it tears you apart at first. You really have to figure out how to solo some of them. And it's always nice when you 1) are the helping hand when someone else is fighting one - Eru bless remote looting! 2) someone else comes along and helps you make really short work of a warband.

Especially since 11.3, MC is exactly where it should be. I'm eagerly awaiting more content that supports it.

MC...Bad Idea

I found MC impossible, first you have to control your horse, then you have to select you attacks, while you do this you have to keep track of your enemies while trying not to run off a cliff or hit a tree or the side of a mountain. If you do hit an object then the enemies that you are trying to keep at a distance will catch up with you and put you in a bit of a bind. MC ruined the experience for me, I was looking forward to it so much, I managed to muster enough drive to get through the other half of Moria, complete Lorien, Mirkwood and The Great River, which was the first quest pack that I really enjoyed in a long time. When I got to Rohan and the "amazing" mounts, I was severely disappointed, I haven't played LOTRO for a good few months, I was already waning away, but MC really killed me. It breaks the heart, I really wish that Turbine would have used their time and resources on something that would benefited the game more.

Citation Envoyé par ElffriendNick Voir le message
    I found MC impossible, first you have to control your horse, then you have to select you attacks, while you do this you have to keep track of your enemies while trying not to run off a cliff or hit a tree or the side of a mountain. If you do hit an object then the enemies that you are trying to keep at a distance will catch up with you and put you in a bit of a bind. MC ruined the experience for me, I was looking forward to it so much, I managed to muster enough drive to get through the other half of Moria, complete Lorien, Mirkwood and The Great River, which was the first quest pack that I really enjoyed in a long time. When I got to Rohan and the "amazing" mounts, I was severely disappointed, I haven't played LOTRO for a good few months, I was already waning away, but MC really killed me. It breaks the heart, I really wish that Turbine would have used their time and resources on something that would benefited the game more.

I don't like MC much at all, and do my best to avoid it. So far, as a hunter, I can stand and gun turret most of those bad guys down while they ride circles round me and shout. It's not a fun mechanic for me at all - it reminds me of the sort of games that I don't enjoy playing.
    I do appreciate the fast horse for long rides over relatively safe roads though, and the dress up aspect of it, but that's about all.
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!

As has been mentioned here a number of times, MC is a learning curve. I played Rohan at release and expected MC to be difficult. It was so hard just to maneuver my warsteed that I took him to Breeland and practiced riding, stopping, jumping, circling, changing speeds, etc. That helped me enough go back to Rohan and be able to ride through Harwick without running into fences. Also, I was encouraged by a friend to use a light bridle and how to set my traits for my particular class. Learning to MC was very challenging for me but I learned to love it by level 85 and promptly leveled 3 more characters to 85 just so I could continue MC. To me, Rohan would lack its luster without MC because that's what I enjoy doing most.

Bugs, glitches, lag aside, MC takes time and patience to learn and excel at. Was there ever anything else in your life that was too hard to do that you simply gave up without trying to get it right? MC is like that. I encourage players not to give up. Expect MC to be difficult, then master it. If I can learn it anyone can.

Side note: some classes are more fun than others on MC. IMO, best is the captain, worst is the guardian (my guardian is still only 81). Hunter is great, Runekeeper's not so bad either.

Page 1 sur 5 1 2 3 4 5 DernièreDernière

Règles de messages