Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 25 sur 31

Hybrid View

Question Lottery, that would last at least 24 hrs

For all that i know, there has been no lotteries for a few months already. I check them at least twice a day, and no i am not going to get up 3 times per night just to check a lottery, just because my time-zone is different from US.

Any chance that there will be any lotteries that are available at least 24 hours?

Sapience est déconnecté Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Citation Envoyé par Misapprehension Voir le message
    For all that i know, there has been no lotteries for a few months already. I check them at least twice a day, and no i am not going to get up 3 times per night just to check a lottery, just because my time-zone is different from US.

Any chance that there will be any lotteries that are available at least 24 hours?

There have been about 35 of them over the past month. Some have been 6 hours, some 12, some 24 hours. The Helm's Deep lottery that gave away a Helm's Deep Premium key to the winners lasted about 72 hours. A few, like Yesterday's Hobbit lotteries lasted 2 hours but repeated about every 45 minutes to an hour. So you had multiple lotteries that run up to about midnight.

Only players who camp Facebook and Twitter have any chance at catching lotteries. Thirty five in the last month? I have seen two.

Citation Envoyé par Sapience Voir le message
    There have been about 35 of them over the past month. Some have been 6 hours, some 12, some 24 hours. The Helm's Deep lottery that gave away a Helm's Deep Premium key to the winners lasted about 72 hours. A few, like Yesterday's Hobbit lotteries lasted 2 hours but repeated about every 45 minutes to an hour. So you had multiple lotteries that run up to about midnight.
    Is it too much to ask that there be some structure to the Lottery timing system?

I mean, nearly every time I go to the screen it only says "No active lotteries." And, if I get that every other day I check on lotteries, that doesn't tell me if, or how many lotteries came and went on the one day, night, half-hour, I didn't spend constantly refreshing the page. Nor, does it tell me when the next lottery is.

How about instead of simply saying "No active lotteries.", you say "Lotteries will be held every [XYZ]. Check back then." and a possible "Also, there will be additional lotteries to celebrate Frodo's Birthday on [ABC]."

I usually check the lotteries page several times per day and I have seen no more than 7 or 8 of those 35 lotteries.
    Most types of lotteries you need to be lucky to win. Here you need to be lucky to even find out that there is a lottery going on. That is not fun.

Please do not run *any* lotteries that last less than 24 hours. Then we will only need to check once per day, and (more importantly) everybody gets a chance to enter every lottery regardless of which timezone we live in.

Citation Envoyé par Vexendynamus Voir le message
    Only players who camp Facebook and Twitter have any chance at catching lotteries. Thirty five in the last month? I have seen two.
    Three of the lotteries I mentioned were announced on twitter and Facebook, the rest were not.

Three of the lotteries I mentioned were announced on twitter and Facebook, the rest were not.
    Ah. Then camping the forums is the only way. No thanks.

I think I caught one of the lotteries. Very sneaky indeed!

Citation Envoyé par Vexendynamus Voir le message
    Ah. Then camping the forums is the only way. No thanks.
    Once I check a number of times and there isn't a lottery, I tend to stop looking. So I agree with the above. If they are going to be unscheduled and you need to manually click on the lottery button to find them, if they aren't up much only the most dedicated/compulsive will do participate after they get out of the habit. Rats will only click on the lever so much if the behavior is not reinforced....

Sapience are you absolutely certain there is no issue with some individuals seeing lotteries? I typically check lotteries at a minimum of once a day. Given that, I would not expect to hit every single 6 or even 12 hour lottery, but I should be hitting every lottery over 24 hours in length. I do not know for certain how many lotteries I have entered in the last month but I am certain it is not anywhere close to 35.

When you say 35 lotteries, does that count every server lottery for Helm's Deep as an individual lottery? If that were the case that would account for about 29 of the 35 lotteries.

Thanks

Citation Envoyé par CmdrMagic Voir le message
    Sapience are you absolutely certain there is no issue with some individuals seeing lotteries? I typically check lotteries at a minimum of once a day. Given that, I would not expect to hit every single 6 or even 12 hour lottery, but I should be hitting every lottery over 24 hours in length. I do not know for certain how many lotteries I have entered in the last month but I am certain it is not anywhere close to 35.

When you say 35 lotteries, does that count every server lottery for Helm's Deep as an individual lottery? If that were the case that would account for about 29 of the 35 lotteries.

Thanks
    Yes, because even if you don't have an account and aren't logged in they are visible. Even if the lottery is for a level 85 on a server you don't play on you'll see it. For that matter even if you don't play lotro and check the page you'll see it.

Citation Envoyé par CmdrMagic Voir le message

Thanks
    Some days there were a lot of lotteries. You missed a day. You could miss out on maybe 7 different lotteries. A lot of these lotteries were called Test Lottery. They had a number associated like 73, 74, 75 and 77 all which I won these four and 76 were all on August 27, 2013. There was one called "A Thing with Things" for 75-85 level characters on August 20, 2013.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Lottery's

Funny that i check a stupid amount of times a day for lottery's and i have not seen any since the helm's deep to this helm's deep lottery?

Thumbs up Helm's Deep Lottery

I understand that the winners of Helm's Deep Lotteries will be sent the code via in-game email. Will the winners be notified via regular e-mail or do we need to check every alt after the fact to see if we won? And thanks for the lotteries
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000006ef2/01004/signature.png]Sabby[/charsig]

Rather than checking each individual character you can go to the lotteries page and check the previous winners. If you won a lottery it shows up there.
    Irming Silvertree

Règles de messages