Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 23 sur 23

Top 5 Tips to Rejuvenate LOTRO

1. Update the UI!
    Clear out the clutter & make it more aesthetically pleasing by implementing a minimalist approach and a color motif, preferably black and opaque. Small bits of color are cool for skills and such, but nobody likes a mess of colors on the screen.
    -Example: Elder Scrolls Online

2. Update character models!
    Do I really need to elaborate on this?
    -Example: Every new MMO released in the past few years

3. Re-do the way skills are used.
    There are way too many skills for pretty much every class in the game. Take a tip from Guild Wars 2 and make it so you can only have 6-8 skills slotted at a time.
    -Example: Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, The Secret World

4. Implement an achievement system!
    I realize we already have deeds and such, but they're not quite the same. I would prefer to have something more akin to SWTOR & ESO, with a series of possible achievements listed before hand with an appropriate award system attached. This extends the longevity of the game in numerous ways.
    -Example: Elder Scrolls Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic

5. Improve the legendary item system!
    It's a grind and always has been for the most part. I thought it was pretty awesome when Moria first came out, but since then it's been nothing but a hassle every time another expansion releases. Rather I would prefer we move to a system where your weapon is maintained and improved on, but ultimately remains the same weapon throughout your adventures, kind of like how Orange weapons can be upgraded in SWTOR.
    -Example: Star Wars: The Old Republic's weapon upgrade feature

Citation Envoyé par Thalhach Voir le message
    1. Update the UI!
    Clear out the clutter & make it more aesthetically pleasing by implementing a minimalist approach and a color motif, preferably black and opaque. Small bits of color are cool for skills and such, but nobody likes a mess of colors on the screen.

There are way too many skills for pretty much every class in the game. Take a tip from Guild Wars 2 and make it so you can only have 6-8 skills slotted at a time.

I realize we already have deeds and such, but they're not quite the same. I would prefer to have something more akin to SWTOR & ESO, with a series of possible achievements listed before hand with an appropriate award system attached. This extends the longevity of the game in numerous ways.

It's a grind and always has been for the most part. I thought it was pretty awesome when Moria first came out, but since then it's been nothing but a hassle every time another expansion releases. Rather I would prefer we move to a system where your weapon is maintained and improved on, but ultimately remains the same weapon throughout your adventures, kind of like how Orange weapons can be upgraded in SWTOR.
    Two cents in order:
    1. The UI's fine to me. Honestly, no matter what sort of different design they put on, there will inevitably be people who dislike it. Just look at the massive brouhaha that occurred over the alert box changes.

2. The character models could use some updating, I agree, but I'm not too terribly fussed by it.

3. They ARE redoing skills, and I'm actually rather sad about it. I like having all these skills: as a WS mini, I can buff, heal myself, dps, and do a tad of CC, and I can toggle it off to group heal the bananas out of everyone. Here's to hoping the class revamps don't butcher my main class too much! /fingers crossed

4. I'm curious as to your rationale that this would "extend the longevity of the game in numerous ways". I honestly don't see how one deed/achievement system is more beneficial than the other.

5. Wholeheartedly agreeing with you on this one. It would be awesome if legendaries could grow and level with us. Also, having a "meld all" (or whatever it is when you upgrade relics) option would save a whole lot of clicking.

I'll throw my 2 cents in. Up the experience. This game is freaking massive in scope (and that is a beautiful thing) plus 85 levels soon to be raised, it can be a bit overwhelming in how slow leveling is in this game is.

I get there is the lore and fans of the lore, nothing wrong with that but after you have been through it with a toon or two, it becomes very tedious.

The UI is pretty outdated, however I'm very used to it after more than 6 years in the game so I'd probably like it less if they changed it. Character models really do need to be updated, or at the very least they should offer much more facial customization options because too many characters look almost exactly the same. The legendary system is in dire need of an overhaul, however Turbine seems to like it exactly how it is despite many, many players wanting changes.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

It's simple really.
    First of all, cut the grind across the board 15%. I've played countless MMO's and the only game that gets up in lotro in grinding is Tibia and that is overrun with botters due to the same factor. I mean, skill deeds, quest deeds, monster kill deeds, level and crafting... everything. Cut it 15%, for real... it's far too grindy.

Second. Make skirmishes and instances a lot more varied, add a "daily skirmish / instance" that adds a mix to what the players are running, an exact copy of what WoW on it's golden age did is what i'm looking at here. Obtain extra-rewards for running the daily that day, skirmishes including, and the daily would change on a per day basis.

Revamp the Legendary system, like other's have said, it was badass and pretty cool in moria, mirkwood even, right now it's just a tremendous hassle.

Also, try to promote and sell more content! Sure Premium is the way to go for this game but many people don't invest in quest zones, instances nor skirmishes. That will inevitable kill the game. Also good choice on the whole Big Battles on the coming expansion, I say that varied "large skirmishes" are what will keep Lotro alive more so than a ###### 1 boss raid like that bearded dragon dude. That was quite a snore-fest.

All in all people want VARIETY!!! Sell more content, reward us for playing differente skirmishes instances to cut the mindnumbing boredome that is spamming sambrog 24/7. etc etc.

Oh and i WOULD LOVE, absolutely LOVE, to see Max-level revamps of old raids such as the Balrog, Helegrod, ROI instance clusters, Turtle, The watcher, etc etc. Maybe make them 5 man instead of 12 but make them playable for people who missed their respective expansions.

Since I have been accused of blindly supporting op's I will address the entire thing.
    1. Update the UI!
    There used to be alot of people who were actively creating ui's via add on features that made the ui cleaner.
    Sadly most stopped playing so many have not been updated in like forever.

I heard even WOW was doing this. If not the models then how about some new cosmetics to the gear? The stuff I got from ROR looked like exact replicas of thing I got in the volume 1 epic book.

In turbines defense (gasp) they are doing this with the new xpac. The things I don't want to see though is Guardians pledge and warrior heart combined.

Wow had this too but I never really cared since the achievements gave nothing in that game until the guild advancement system was implemented. It could work if the achievements counted towards your kin then I would happily do them.

Truly I was disappointed when the little purple crystal system was implemented. It's in my signature but I will reiterate, random never equals good. LI's have always been too random which is why it became grindy. Then you finally get that 1st age weapon you waited years to get and as a guardian tank you get overpower legacies. Who knows how many you will have to buy to get the ones you want, or just pay for them in the store. Then pay for legacy upgrades etc. IF you ain't got the little purple crystals to get them there be ready to run much content to get medallions to pay for them, or use the store.

Yes during Moria they weren't too bad. With the last couple xpacs I have felt the need to closely monitor the weapons so I could dc at 31 or 41 or 51. Then make my ubber weapon. And don't forget about the LI stat slots. If you get stuck with ones you don't want get ready to spend more of those little purple crystals.

What would make me happy?

Being able to stack maybe 5 different crafting jobs one after the other. (And I don't mean crafting 5 ingots of the same type.)
    Hey, who stole my sig?

1. Update the UI!
    Whilst I find the UI to be clunky (some windows resize, some don't for example) and the use of colour to be rather garish, I wouldn't see this is the #1 in my top-5 to be honest.

Again agreed, but not high priority IMHO - the landscape, lore and general feel of the world is more important (to me anyway).

Agree whole-heartedly, we have a morass of skills and no scope for new/upgraded ones in the next 10 levels - however looks like this is being addressed with the new skill-trees and less skills in HD.

Not sure how this would make much difference, we already have deeds, titles, etc. Copying other MMOs or Steam just for the sake of it would be pointless and less LOTRO-like.

Again agree whole-heartedly. I was really excited when we heard about the LI system when Moria came out, the implementation was a major disappointment.

I don't mind the grind so much, what really annoys is that your LI is immediately out-of-date on every update and has to be scrapped and then we start all over again - it's boring and annoying at the same time. Plus the shear number of LIs that turn up in loot completely devalues them, they're just vendor trash, hardly legendary.

If I was listing my top-5 it would include a couple of yours:

#1 - LI system.

#2 - Reduce and consolidate skills.

plus my 2ps:

#3 - Improve housing system (more or free-form hooks): not something I personally am hugely bothered about but is one of the most frequently requested changes by the community.

#4 - LI quality-of-life changes:
    - add a combine-all option for relics.
    - allow IXP tokens to be combined.
    - why separate forge/relic master? just have one UI/NPC.

#5 - Why does my character not need any reins when riding?

1. Update the UI!

1. No thanks, i think minimalistic UI's spoil the theme of games, they're ok if it's a modern or futuristic setting but in a fantasy game i require a UI with fantasy styling such as scroll work etc.

2. What exactly is wrong with the character models? They look fine to me and fit perfectly within the style of the game.

3. Yeah yeah dumb the game down so button spamming idiots can play without having to think too much, why not ).

4. As long as it adds to what we have and doesn't take anything away i can run with that.

5. I'd hardly call it a grind, i've tended to just forget i even had legendary items "grinding" and swap them out as and when i notice them, but i agree something better than we have is needed.
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

Deeds are an achievement system. They don't add up your score, but otherwise basically identical.

Apparently #3 is happening, they are redoing it so you only have 20 active skills or so. Though personally, I only use two bars worth so it's manageable right now.

What I think really needs to be done is having a global channel to find groups, and on the flip side, giving rewards from quests that aren't just vendor trash. Give out medallions and seals and other barter currency for doing quests.

Thanks to the huge cooldowns on guild gear, it takes 6 weeks to get a full set of armor (and it's rarely sold on the AH these days). You don't get anything decent from quests. So what do you do for armor (or jewelry) if you solo?

You're just out of luck. Meanwhile in their uber armor, raiders mock you saying everything is so easy.

1. ONE currency
    I find it extremely annoying that you use silver to buy things in one market, Tokens in other markets, Writs in another. Make gold and silver THE currency period

2. Socketed weapons and armor
    there are power runes all over the place, why not make them usable by everyone by implementing a rune socket system (just like diablo 2, or DK online) runes can be put into weapons, armor, ect, to improve that items abilities, or add more powers. once installed the runes cannot be removed.

3. Skills
    The skills system is a nightmare, seriously, redo it

4. Socializing
    Make pubs and bars the spot for players to meet and interact, make all pubs have open voice chat, make pub games, and other ways players can interact in game

1. Update the UI!
    You are referring to your personal opinion. Please do not try to speak for me. I do not like a black and opaque miniimalist UI. I like the existing UI.
    The character models look fine for me. You have to understand the character models are 8 years or more old. They are not going to look as beautiful as a 2013 game. One problem Turbine has constantly fought with is performance issues caused by the visuals in the game. Characters especially in raids or towns are a significant portion of the load on your PC.

I have no problem with additional looks for our characters as long as they do not mess with the current looks. Turbine updated all the character assets in their first game Asheron's Call. A significant number of people were not happy with the new look of their character. For example, Turbine added additional detail around our eyes. Some characters got eye details that were no longer standard European looks. Turbine included the Asian eye looks.
    In progress. We will have to wait to see how it works when it is delivered to life.
    Already Done. Lotro calls achievements deeds. It would be nice if Turbine enriched the system beyond the basic three kinds - Kill Em All, Make the Faction happy and Find the Spot.
    Nothing new here. People have been asking for this kind of implementation for years. Turbine's official response from Kate Paiz our producer is that the Legendary Item System is right where Turbine wants it. No further structural changes will be done.

My personal opinion since I do not have access to the Lotro store data. Turbine interconnected the Legendary Item System to the Legendary Item support products in the Lotro Store. A significant amount of their revenue comes from frustrated or impatient customers buying support products from the Lotro Store. Turbine is unwilling to make any further structural changes because Turbine feels any changes would reduce revenue.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Citation Envoyé par StrideColossus Voir le message
    #2 - Reduce and consolidate skills.
    I couldn't disagree more fervently! Help me understand how this would be better? I absolutley love the skillset my toons have.

This game has already been nerfed into oblivion, stop the bleeding NOW!
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r8 Mini

Could someone please explain what is meant by 'character models'? Whenever I see a story about LOTRO on another games forum, there are inevitably several comments from people complaining about the 'horrible character models' in LOTRO as the reason why the never want to play this game. This is the only MMO I play, so I really don't understand what the horrible thing about our characters is. Is the desire to make them look more realistic?

I like the UI. Best one I've seen so far. I haven't played WoW in about 3 years so I don't know how the UI is there now, but when I was playing you could not drag the boxes and bags around like LOTRO and that was a huge turn off for me.

LOTRO is 6 years old and on a budget. I cannot see them changing the character models.

I disagree about consolidating the skills. Reminds me of how streamlined and dumbed down warcraft 3 and Civilization V are.

I agree 100% about the LIs. I absolutely hate the LI system. But Yula is spot on about Turbine liking it exactly where it is. Even for me, someone that is very frugal about the Store, am sometimes tempted to use it because I hate the LI system so much.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

This game is just prety from top to botom. Ugly you said? Maybe you have the graphic too low. UI without details? I dont think so, the default UI is simple only cause some players with PC that get overwelmed with high graphics need the stuffs go simple. Previous LOTRO UIs where more elaborate. If you want old & new LOTRO fancy UIs you can download them here:

All other stuffs you are asking are coming on November with Helms Deep expansion. Just be patient.
    Is this Alternate Character Disorder? :

Citation Envoyé par YamydeAragon Voir le message
    This game is just prety from top to botom. Ugly you said? Maybe you have the graphic too low. UI without details? I dont think so, the default UI is simple only cause some players with PC that get overwelmed with high graphics need the stuffs go simple. Previous LOTRO UIs where more elaborate. If you want old & new LOTRO fancy UIs you can download them here:

All other stuffs you are asking are coming on November with Helms Deep expansion. Just be patient.

Those UIs look really nice!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I think that the UI should not be changed BUT... have more customization to it so for the people who like the old UI stick with it...or if you want a more simple one make it more simple! that way it would please everybody!

As for the character models I have no problem with them...now if they were updated I would still be happy though! but you have no idea how hard it would be because they would have to do SO many little changes that they`d BASICALLY have to remake the games textures animations and rigging... all in all...it would be easyer to make LOTRO2 but if they find a way to do it...go for it! ;D

as for the skills thing they are redoing them as that other guy said...

as for the odd deed thing you said...I`m kinda derping here...so I got no idea what you`re talkign about...lol sorry

and for the LI thing that would be cool to have the same weapon...but have not gotten a LI yet so I would not know...

All in all thanks for your suggestions!

I guess the only improvements I've seen on this thread that I like are

1. Consolidate currency. I understood the Festival Token system was to take all the different types of individual festival tokens (spring, summer, fall, and so forth) and make ONE token type.

2. Housing improvements. How is it that I bought the house. Bought the chest, but STILL can't put a bound item into it???? But I can into shared storage? That makes NO sense whatsoever. Also, more outside hooks for items. Big yard means lots of junk. I may want that couch and fridge on my porch. Mead does not serve itself!
    If you see me, I dont perceive you as a threat. If you have an arrow sticking out of your chest, I perceived you first. :)

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000fca7b/signature.png]Marsgt[/charsig]

Citation Envoyé par Marsgt1371 Voir le message
    1. Consolidate currency. I understood the Festival Token system was to take all the different types of individual festival tokens (spring, summer, fall, and so forth) and make ONE token type.
    Unfortunately this feature was cancelled after the first step with Yule 2012.
    Citation Envoyé par Marsgt1371 Voir le message
    2. Housing improvements. How is it that I bought the house. Bought the chest, but STILL can't put a bound item into it???? But I can into shared storage? That makes NO sense whatsoever. Also, more outside hooks for items. Big yard means lots of junk. I may want that couch and fridge on my porch. Mead does not serve itself!
    This request is in progress. Due out some time after the launch of Helms Deeps. No details are available. Hopefully it will be extensive improvement because by the time we get the housing improvement Turbine will have been working on it for close to a year.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

1. Update the UI!
    I prefer "minimalist" myself, but many others don't. They've allowed some customization via skins and LUA plug-ins, and that's appreciated. Years ago, they did talk about re-inventing the UI from scratch, allowing for far more user customization and extension, but that proved too costly, and individual developers offered the previously mentioned tools working on their own time. Again... it's appreciated.

Don't hold your breath, for two reasons. First, because avatars are far and away the most costly and difficult art assets in the game to create. And second, because changing them out from under current players would cause a full-on thermonuclear reaction. Some people would love it of course, but many would absolutely hate it. Guaranteed. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if 1 in 4 might just quit the game outright over a change like that. People get very attached to their character looks.

Ick, no thanks. I'm a bit nervous about dropping it down to 20, though I'm willing to give that a solid try before I criticize. 6 or 8? Not a chance. I played GW2, and it was far too simple IMO.

So... a new grind. I guess that would be OK, although it does seem like we have quite a few already.

Agreed with this one. I hate having to "start over" on every expansion, then if/when I want to get a different Age of weapon too. I don't mind the latter as long as the former goes away. However, I'm not holding my breath here either. They count on this being a major grind (time sink) to help keep people busy between content drops, and any reduction in that here would only mean they'd need new one(s) to take its place.

Khafar

Citation Envoyé par Khafar Voir le message
    Ick, no thanks. I'm a bit nervous about dropping it down to 20, though I'm willing to give that a solid try before I criticize. 6 or 8? Not a chance. I played GW2, and it was far too simple IMO.
    Khafar
    Then why did you preorder based on this information? Why not wait until you can give it a solid try by acquiring a beta key or until the NDA drops?
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Citation Envoyé par Crell_1 Voir le message
    Then why did you preorder based on this information?
    Because:

1. The change is going to entertain me along the way, even if I wind up not liking it overall in the end. I have about 4 characters which I basically never play any more. Haven't for years in some cases. I learned them to the degree I wanted to (usually level 50-65), then went on to (or back to) play other characters I enjoyed more. With the skills change-up, I'm going to get those back off the shelf, brush away the cobwebs, and play them until I feel like I've learned the changes well. That's fun for me - not as much as learning a whole new class, perhaps, but still fun. This alone will keep me busy for months in the next year.
    2. I didn't pre-order Rohan, both because I didn't like Isengard all that much the year before and because I was still busy playing other MMOs. When I did get Rohan with my stipend, I enjoyed it a great deal. That alone deserves some support, IMO, even if it's retroactive.
    3. I'm very appreciative that Epic Battles will include more adventuring playstyles, including the one I do at least 95% of the time in LOTRO: solo/duo. I want to see more of that in the future so I'm going to support that financially, and buying the xpac with my stipend won't accomplish that.

So... what if I don't like the class changes after evaluating them? I'll cross that bridge when I get there - it might mean I don't buy next year's expansion. In the meantime, I look forward to trying out Epic Battles, doing lots of quests in western Rohan, and learning the class changes.

Khafar
    Dernière modification par Khafar ; 22/09/2013 à 13h23.

Règles de messages