Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 7 sur 7

Crafting Guilds - suggestions for choosing which to join

Hi all,

I was wondering whether people on here could offer pros and cons for which guild to choose based on vocation. For instance:

Tinkerer - what are the pros and cons of the Jewelers' Guild versus the Cooks' guild?
    Armorer - Metalsmith versus Tailor?
    Historian - Scholar versus Weaponsmith?
    Yeoman - Cook versus Tailor?
    Armsman - Weaponsmith versus Woodworker?
    Explorer - Only Tailor to choose from.
    Woodman - Woodworker only.

Any advice on how to choose the best options, for instance for different character dispositions, would be greatly appreciated. (I'm mostly interested in Tinkerer and Historian though.)

Thx!

For starters, it's almost always more beneficial to choose to guild the craft that's fully supported. For Historian and Tinker, that'd be Scholar and Jeweler. Otherwise you'll either need to constantly buy mats, or feed it with another toon's gathering. Once you start getting more toons you may choose to make a second Tinker for Cook guild since you may want the ability to gather extra ore or something. For the most part though, I'd recommend going with the primary craft.

As far as jeweler vs scholar, both provide useful items for both leveling and level cap. I would probably pick the jeweler first, since I feel jewelry is probably easier to sell in order to buy consumables from scholars vs the other way around. Historian is the only one I can think of that it might be more beneficial to guild on the "off-craft" as the scholar guild really only offers auto-crit pocket items, most of the other items can be made without being in a guild no problem. You still have the problem of getting ore for the Weaponsmith though.

I find this question a bit confusing as joining a particular Guild is something you do because it fits either the player's interest in a certain crafting field, or fits the character's imagined persona. So my answers might not be exactly what you're looking for, please forgive me if this is the case.

Barring that, I agree with TinDragon that it is much easier to progress in a craft that is fully supported, regardless of the exact type. For instance, Cooks who cannot farm are subject to delays in advancing due to poor crop yields and adverse weather patterns (otherwise know as ridiculous pricing in the AH or no available ingredients). You need the underlying resource/ingredient readily available at your character's convenience, no matter which profession is chosen. There will always be awkward moments, like needing a few more ingredients than you thought, but it is a part of the crafting experience. As mentioned though, if you've got another higher-level character that can feed the necessary supplies (or, friends/kinnies who are willing to do so), you can get around this issue for the most part (barring scholars and cooks who need supplies that cannot be obtained in large quantities from the landscape by others in the course of adventuring).

In my experience, trying to advance both the Historian's Weaponsmith and Scholar at the same time can be tough as they both require potentially expensive resource mats. It's fine while you're doing things "on level", but once the character is crafting "over level" things become expensive, harder and slower. Again, this can be alleviated by a higher level character, friends, or kinnies.

As to which Guilds are better... I've not made a detailed comparison of the potential value various Guild-only recipes provide when compared against other available professions.

You could always create a stable of crafting Alts, representing all professions, and side-step the issue entirely.

Thanks guys. Those points make a lot of sense, and I'll probably go with those suggestions (at least for the Tinkerer, to go with the Jewelers' guild).

But I guess my question was more about what guild(s) offered better (as in useful; or even just plain cool) bonuses. I'm influenced by the fact that I just got Friend status for the Mathom House in Michel Delving, and I'm impressed by the fun recipes that I was able to gain access to. And, I was thinking that maybe one or more of the guilds had similarly fun recipes or bonuses.

Sorry if that's not clear - I'm not exactly sure how to evaluate the guilds without trying them myself, hence my confusion. Heh - I guess the solution to that would be to try them all out for myself. ;-)

Citation Envoyé par Strovolas Voir le message
    Thanks guys. Those points make a lot of sense, and I'll probably go with those suggestions (at least for the Tinkerer, to go with the Jewelers' guild).

But I guess my question was more about what guild(s) offered better (as in useful; or even just plain cool) bonuses. I'm influenced by the fact that I just got Friend status for the Mathom House in Michel Delving, and I'm impressed by the fun recipes that I was able to gain access to. And, I was thinking that maybe one or more of the guilds had similarly fun recipes or bonuses.

Sorry if that's not clear - I'm not exactly sure how to evaluate the guilds without trying them myself, hence my confusion. Heh - I guess the solution to that would be to try them all out for myself. ;-)
    Guilds offer two true bonuses. There are a couple others but they're hardly ever used because they're inefficient or whatever.
    1. Many recipes that give you a teal item require a special crit item to make and still offer the chance to fail. Guilds offer that same recipe on a cooldown that will automatically give you the crit output. (So if a jeweler has a high quality bracelet that needs one of those special crafting items, they can also do the once a week recipe to crit it automatically.)
    2. Different guilds offer different crafted relics. The best relics are bound when you make them, and those come from all the guilds (which one you're in doesn't matter) but the lesser ones that give, say, just +40 to a stat are craft dependent. Woodworker gives the +agility ones I believe, if you need an example.

Citation Envoyé par TinDragon Voir le message
    Guilds offer two true bonuses. There are a couple others but they're hardly ever used because they're inefficient or whatever.
    1. Many recipes that give you a teal item require a special crit item to make and still offer the chance to fail. Guilds offer that same recipe on a cooldown that will automatically give you the crit output. (So if a jeweler has a high quality bracelet that needs one of those special crafting items, they can also do the once a week recipe to crit it automatically.)
    2. Different guilds offer different crafted relics. The best relics are bound when you make them, and those come from all the guilds (which one you're in doesn't matter) but the lesser ones that give, say, just +40 to a stat are craft dependent. Woodworker gives the +agility ones I believe, if you need an example.
    Thanks TinDragon, I think that clarifies things for me.

Also Guilds provide you with the recipes to craft legendary items later on. Like Weaponsmith Guild members can craft legendary swords+axes, while Woodworker Guild provides legendary bows, crossbows and spears (just to provide a few examples). So if you want to make your own legendary items after Moria you may want to join the guild that gives your class-specific LI recipes.

Règles de messages