Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 5 sur 5

Discussion: Help. New class

Help. New class

Hi I'm a new player and want to make my character lore master, burglar, or champion. What is the best race for each if these classes

Race really doesn't matter much, to be honest. Elves get 2% bonus to bow and 1h sword damage, dwarves get 2% bonus to axe damage, hobbits get....something. If you're going to do endgame content and you're interested in making your toons as powerful as possible, I'd probably recommend race of man. They get 2% sword damage and +5% incoming healing, hard to go wrong there.

Citation Envoyé par thefamilyosc Voir le message
    Race really doesn't matter much, to be honest. Elves get 2% bonus to bow and 1h sword damage, dwarves get 2% bonus to axe damage, hobbits get....something. If you're going to do endgame content and you're interested in making your toons as powerful as possible, I'd probably recommend race of man. They get 2% sword damage and +5% incoming healing, hard to go wrong there.
    Hobbits get the same flop that minstrels get that makes them unattackable.

I would recommend Man if you're looking purely at racial bonuses (for the 5% incoming healing), but for the most part racial bonuses and traits aren't going to matter.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

As the others said, race doesn't matter that much in the long run.

If you still want to look at racial traits, men and dwarves make good champions - men get incoming healing bonus and a self-heal (though it doesn't scale up well), while dwarves get bonuses to might, vitality and in in-combat morale and power regeneration. Elves don't get a will penalty as men do, which is good for lore-masters (but quite marginal at top level). Hobbits get a stealth skill, adding to the burglar's arsenal. Regarding weapon bonuses, dwarves have a bonus for using axes, hobbits - for clubs, men - for swords, elves - for one-handed swords and bows (better for hunters, but applies to lore-masters as well).

The other approach is roleplaying, where things are more clearly cut. Champions can be either of the three races (elves, dwarves and men), but at the end of Third Age, men and dwarves seem the most suitable. I personally prefer a dwarf champion, especially with two axes, which makes him pretty much a berserk Lore-masters are better portrayed by elves than men, especially given the lore-master's pets and the elves' love of nature. Finally, burglars are clearly a hobbit archetype, with young Bilbo being the best example.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Well, some of them, as part of their racial picks, get bonuses to various weapons, like elves get 2% to swords or something. That's great if you use swords, felt kind of at a loss when I got that perk on my Warden because I wield spears baby lol. Well, I mean, I can use a sword, and I guess I will but it doesn't feel very amazony which is what I was trying to recreate in Lotro after D2.

So, just take a look at the wiki, but like others have said, in the long run, race doesn't matter overly much, however, you get a port to various cities with your perks, another waste for me since Wardens can just muster in Rivendell, so I don't really need the racial perk to port there lol

So, ya, take a look at the perks that come later.

Règles de messages