Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 1 sur 2 1 2 DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 1 à 25 sur 98

Hybrid View

How to Be Invited to Helm's Deep Beta

When Rohan was prepared I got an invitation to play the Beta with my, then L75 hunter. I now have 6 classes in Rohan and will have a few more to join my L85 hunter. However, as I understand it, invitations for Helm's Deep beta have already gone out. What criteria is used to decide who goes into Beta? I would love to have the chance to try Beta again.

Citation Envoyé par AlDolas Voir le message
    When Rohan was prepared I got an invitation to play the Beta with my, then L75 hunter. I now have 6 classes in Rohan and will have a few more to join my L85 hunter. However, as I understand it, invitations for Helm's Deep beta have already gone out. What criteria is used to decide who goes into Beta? I would love to have the chance to try Beta again.
    it's purely random I think.

although players who have played more generally get in more too. if you a nice forum user, seem to get some love too at times.

Citation Envoyé par bohbashum Voir le message

although players who have played more generally get in more too. if you a nice forum user, seem to get some love too at times.
    I think, mind you I say I *think*, from past experience, that it's random from a pool of previous beta testers who have contributed useful
    /bug reports and/or have not fouled up too badly. Whh and I have been playing in betas since before SoA launch, and mostly we've
    received our invitations on the same day. Once, however, he got his about a week before I got mine. I spent the week wondering if I'd
    done something wrong last time; couldn't think of anything; eventually my invitation showed up. This is why I think it's random from a
    semi-limited pool.

______
    *And for several Turbine games/expansions before that.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

So it means that there are no chance or very little chance to someone new to get an invitation to beta?

That sucks

pretty sure asking for an invite is an automatic no.

Citation Envoyé par goldensilence Voir le message
    pretty sure asking for an invite is an automatic no.
    Again, I'm guessing ... but I think not. It doesn't make for an automatic yes, either. I think you're judged on
    the quality of your track record, even if it's short. Also, I believe, when the beta's been running for a while
    they'll let less experienced testers in, give them a chance to get some experience.

All the above is what I'm guessing, based on having been in a bunch of Turbine betas.

Citation Envoyé par Andolvar Voir le message
    So it means that there are no chance or very little chance to someone new to get an invitation to beta?

That sucks
    Depends on how new you are ... and (as mentioned upthread) how well you've behaved on the forums. If you've done any open-beta
    testing for updates on Bullroarer, and acquitted yourself decently, then that adds to what in the old days they called your world-fame,
    and ups your chances.

Or so I think. I do not work for Turbine, darn it.

Citation Envoyé par djheydt Voir le message
    Depends on how new you are ... and (as mentioned upthread) how well you've behaved on the forums. If you've done any open-beta
    testing for updates on Bullroarer, and acquitted yourself decently, then that adds to what in the old days they called your world-fame,
    and ups your chances.

Or so I think. I do not work for Turbine, darn it.

I've done a lot of beta testings, but not in this game, dam

Citation Envoyé par Andolvar Voir le message

That sucks
    Not really. In the past, they have tried to get people in with a wide variety of experience into the beta. There are usually several "waves" of beta invites, so if you miss the early ones, you still have a shot later. They have also done things like state that pre-purchasing an expansion will help your chances to get a beta invite (obviously doesn't apply to HD...at least not yet).

On the other hand, there are a whole bunch of ways to NOT get invited.

If I remember correctly, Gamespot gave away a fair amount of beta keys for RoR last summer.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000001e8838/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Citation Envoyé par whheydt Voir le message
    Not really. In the past, they have tried to get people in with a wide variety of experience into the beta. There are usually several "waves" of beta invites, so if you miss the early ones, you still have a shot later. They have also done things like state that pre-purchasing an expansion will help your chances to get a beta invite (obviously doesn't apply to HD...at least not yet).

On the other hand, there are a whole bunch of ways to NOT get invited.
    SO far every time I have pre-ordered the next expansion I have been given access to the Beta, which usually winds up being no more than a week or two of access before launch. Not really enough time to do more than look around and see a few new things. Don't know if it will be the same this time but I hope so.

I think my invitation to the RoR beta was a direct result of my shipments of bacon wrapped bacon to Sapience.

But that is just a theory.

Last year for the Riders of Rohan Beta Turbine had a whole bunch of twitter trivia for Beta invites, certain websites were given a bunch of codes to give out and then of course they also give out invites to new people too. If you didn't get an invite in the initial wave, there's no doubt going to be many, many chances to get one.

Just keep an eye on the grape-vine, basically.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

I think it's more if you seldom post, as you are more likely to keep quiet or accidentally reveal anything. :P

Definitely random, it seems. I've been playing since April of 2007, leader of a kinship, a polite and helpful little monkey in the forums and done all I could do without being a pest and have never been invited to a beta, but I've had kinmates and friends, both old and new get tapped for testing. I'm not complaining at all, I'm just attempting to illustrate that there does seem to be a very fair, random factor to getting chosen for beta. (Not to say I'm not crossing my fingers for this round. lol)
    Logically, it seems like a very good idea to get testers from all backgrounds and experience levels to ensure that all aspects of the update are tested and in proper working order.

*Edit

Hooray for tabbed browsing! Wrong tab, wrong thread!
    Dernière modification par Widoch ; 05/09/2013 à 22h41.

I recently got an email about a game issue from turbine. I had also asked what is the criteria for getting an invite to the beta. They said "if you have applied for the beta" . . . .. blah blah you may get invite etc.

so, how does one apply for the beta?

Undisclosed location somewhere in the milky way galaxy
    Citation Envoyé par Arnenna Voir le message
    I recently got an email about a game issue from turbine. I had also asked what is the criteria for getting an invite to the beta. They said "if you have applied for the beta" . . . .. blah blah you may get invite etc.

so, how does one apply for the beta?
    its an extra opt-in thing you can do on your account page at myaccount.turbine.com (i think thats the right link)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000bd327/01007/signature.png]Amthalian[/charsig]

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Valaraen Says: “Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to war!”[/SIZE][/color]

Citation Envoyé par GokuSS400 Voir le message
    its an extra opt-in thing you can do on your account page at myaccount.turbine.com (i think thats the right link)
    I am not sure if that is still an option, my account page offers no choice to select an extra opt-in for Beta participation.

I was in closed beta for Release and was invited to MM beta, F2P came and I got vocal on these forums about how I disagreed with the changes. Very vocal. I have never again gotten a Beta Invite for any Testing Sessions after that. Turbine has a long memory. That is my "guess" why I haven't gotten a beta invite this time, and if there is an opt-in as you say, it appears I never will have the opportunity again because I have no option to opt-in.

Citation Envoyé par Scruffynerf Voir le message
    Sapience - thankyou for taking the time to answer an interesting question.

--

Everyone else - I'm rather surprised that there is such eagerness to be beta testers... as Sapience indicated, in such tests, it isn't about what you want to see/do/look at first, it is about what Turbine's developers need to be tested.

Eg: Run over this bit of landscape 100 times from slightly different directions, to see if you fall through the landscape. Now do it again on a 62% horse. Now on a 68% horse. Again on a warsteed at each speed level.

Now do all that as a group with 2 others, as a fellowship. Again as a party of 6... yada yada.

Or, run this instance 200 times, but be sure to use #mechanic1 25 times, followed by #mechanic2 25 times, etc. Now do it with a party that has LM pets and Captain Heralds.

Whilst yes, you do get first look at the new content.... chances are that there are bugs on bugs, especially as Turbine have drastically re-done classes in addition to all the new content. It could also be incredibly frustrating to have to deal with all that.
    Some of us understand this very well and are prepared to Test as we are directed to by Turbine, yet we are not chosen. I enjoy Beta Testing because it IS Work in a sense, it is an activity where quality, integrity, and commitment matter similar to a profession. To me it doesn't matter that I am not getting monetary compensation, I am getting "quality MMO gaming" compensation by helping Turbine to create a better product through my contributions, a product that all of us will then directly use and benefit from. Both Turbine and Players win. It is also a "One Time Deal".. a special project... once it's done it done. Some of us are proud of our contributions as beta testers in previous testing sessions, something that matters more to us personally than just something to pin on our lapels and brag about. When we don't get an invite we know we are missing out on an unique opportunity to help our MMO and our fellow Players, as well as ourselves, and we are quite disappointed at not being chosen to participate.

Maybe that will somewhat answer your question ScruffyNerf.

At least I can still play LotRO. There have been quite a few things over the years I disagreed with, Yes, but there are many, many more things I agree with and enjoy about this MMO. I have not lost my love for this MMO, no matter how many "fights we have had".

See you in Middle Earth.
    Dernière modification par gardavil ; 17/09/2013 à 10h36.

I was in beta for RoR from the first round and while yes, it got really old to have to go through the whole thing repeatedly, I enjoyed being able to have some small part in helping get RoR ready for release. Then I enjoyed going thought the whole thing again with kin members, even though I knew what was happening and why.
    Work in progress...

It isn't 100% random...

i'm sure some people were chosen at random however, for ROR, you needed to purchase the expansion to get on the beta, i was lucky for ROR in that I was chosen without pre-purchasing, after seeing beta content i then pre-purchased ROR.

I don't know if pre-purchasing HD will get you on the beta, I'm waiting until I have the money before pre-purchasing

The thing to remember is If you get on the beta, do not tell people you are on the beta. Even if they lift the NDA! I got pestered by live peeps for ROR's beta information, so if you get on and they lift the NDA, it's best to just stick to it anyway to prevent those nosey hobbits from asking you questions!

Did you make any meaningful contributions to RoR beta such as participating in the stress tests and events, posting in the threads on the bullroarer forums or submitting bug tickets?

Donations of bacon never offend.
    [COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]

What criteria is used to decide who goes into Beta? I would love to have the chance to try Beta again.
    Well, first there's the 'Naughty or Nice? List'. Second, there's the matter of the requisite bribe paying. You can't play if you don't fork over the pie. Oh, and the stuff Sapience wrote.

i would love to be invited to Beta sometime, (don't get me wrong, i'm not asking for an invite) but just a question quick, do you have to be VIP to be invited to Beta testing?

just curious.

Page 1 sur 2 1 2 DernièreDernière

Règles de messages