Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 10 sur 10

Exclamation Retrieving from old computer

I recently purchased a Macbook Pro and I originally had bought Lotro mithril edition through gamestop on my Asus laptop. I cannot download the gamestop app because it is only for windows. I don't want to lose my account on my other laptop and I don't want to start all over on my new laptop. Is there any way to retrieve my old account onto my Mac?

You should be able to just download the Mac client and install. Then login with your account name and password and all will be there.

Citation Envoyé par Thrundi Voir le message
    I recently purchased a Macbook Pro and I originally had bought Lotro mithril edition through gamestop on my Asus laptop. I cannot download the gamestop app because it is only for windows. I don't want to lose my account on my other laptop and I don't want to start all over on my new laptop. Is there any way to retrieve my old account onto my Mac?
    The local client has no "historical" information, it's all maintained at myaccount.turbine.com

Simply download the client; let it patch and login...!

The only issue naturally is the download time -- use STEAM (see: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_Client for lots of info) much faster than the PMB downloader.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Does the downloader from lotro.com even work at all anymore (given a suitably old Java) now that Pando has shut down?

Citation Envoyé par Formengil Voir le message
    Does the downloader from lotro.com even work at all anymore (given a suitably old Java) now that Pando has shut down?
    It works as well as it ever did...

PMB is a Torrent based downloader. As such, it depends entirely upon the number of "seed" sites available for download speed.

I am not aware that there was ever more than one seed site.

The premise behind the PMB is that every person who downloads the PMB software continues to allow it to run and therefore becomes a willing "seed-site" for any software on their computer which others might want. As such, it DID impact individual user's computer system performance, and it has been widely advertised to be "shut down and deleted."

The "package" which Turbine provides at lotro.com is unaffected by PANDO's termination. It would only be required to be removed if Reloaded (who apparently purchased PANDO) sent "cease and desist" orders to Turbine. However, more likely, Reloaded will be working with Turbine to convert from the PMB system to Reloaded's system (whatever that is.)

It will all boil down to a question of dollars and cents. PMB was a cheap solution compered to Akamai. Valve (Steam) apparently represented the complete opposite -- i.e. zero direct costs to Turbine and a percentage based revenue stream from Valve. (Steam users pay for things in the LOTRO Store using "Steam Cash," so one assumes that Turbine "gets a percentage" of the transaction; however, without Steam, the transaction would not have taken place, so it is a win for both sides.)

The little I know of Reloaded comes from their website. But the implication is, like Valve, they have their own network of servers, implying that download efficiency should improve dramatically! ... one can only hope.

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

[QUOTE=Valamar;6900258The "package" which Turbine provides at lotro.com is unaffected by PANDO's termination. It would only be required to be removed if Reloaded (who apparently purchased PANDO) sent "cease and desist" orders to Turbine. However, more likely, Reloaded will be working with Turbine to convert from the PMB system to Reloaded's system (whatever that is.)[/quote]
    I believe Turbine actually switched to Happy Cloud. Not sure if that's what Reloaded calls their software.

Valve (Steam) apparently represented the complete opposite -- i.e. zero direct costs to Turbine and a percentage based revenue stream from Valve. (Steam users pay for things in the LOTRO Store using "Steam Cash," so one assumes that Turbine "gets a percentage" of the transaction; however, without Steam, the transaction would not have taken place, so it is a win for both sides.)
    You actually can't buy anything from the LotRO Store via Steam. There are only two things offered, the Steely Dawn Starter Pack and the Triple Pack (which, interestingly enough, is not even something Turbine offers anymore, they just switched to the Quad Pack). Everything else is bought with TP even for Steam users.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Citation Envoyé par TinDragon Voir le message
    I believe Turbine actually switched to Happy Cloud. Not sure if that's what Reloaded calls their software.

You actually can't buy anything from the LotRO Store via Steam. There are only two things offered, the Steely Dawn Starter Pack and the Triple Pack (which, interestingly enough, is not even something Turbine offers anymore, they just switched to the Quad Pack). Everything else is bought with TP even for Steam users.
    As far as I know, Turbine experimented with Happy Cloud several years ago and dropped it. They are (apparently) aimed at browser based games which can be partially downloaded and play begun while the remainder of the download continues.

If you launch the Client from within Steam and visit the LOTRO store, and wish to buy Turbine Points... you are directed back to Steam, and your "Steam Wallet" for the purchase.

Keep in mind that both the Steam Store and the Turbine store (store.turbine.com) are very different entities when compared to the LOTRO store.
    ========
    FWIW... yes, I noticed that Turbine dropped the Triple Pack some months ago... which is a shame, it was the best deal going for quite some time. ... however, looking at store.turbine.com right now... it is most definitely there! $40 bucks for everything BUT Rohan!... aha I see, it no longer includes any TP with the purchase! (Used to include 2K TP, if I remember correctly.)
    ========
    The Linked-in page for Reloaded Games is interesting.
    ========
    "Reloaded Games, Inc. is the parent company of several game related publishing, technology and studio teams. As the successor organization to K2 Network, the company was one of the first to publish MMO Free2Play® Games in the Western market in 2004. With a user database of more than 30 million hardcore gamers we have a wide reach to certain key hardcore demographics.

Key companies and brands:

Reloaded Technologies: Specialized in developing technologies that are used by a wide range of online game companies in digitally delivering Free2Play® and "PayUpfront" large scale games to a Global Audience via easy to deploy white-label technology solutions.

Reloaded Productions: Developers of Unreal3 and Unity-based massively multiplayer games, including "APB Reloaded" and "Fallen Earth."

GamersFirst.com; Our games portal featuring both internally developed and 3rd party games.

Specialties
    Game Technologies, Download Managers, Game Development, Payment and Fraud Management Systems, Game Publishing, Free2Play Game Design, Game Hosting, Game Delivery Services
    ============
    It is interesting in that the link from PANDO goes to "Reloaded Technologies" -- same icon-logo, and their link to Linked in goes to Reloaded Games.
    Poking around, the Reloaded Support site FAQ -- contains only the old PMB FAQs. ... looks like they just put a new CSS cover wrapper around the old PANDO site

An interesting read on:
    http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/02/re...-apb-vendetta/

I don't know that it tells us anything, but it's interesting to read concerning industry activity.

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

I spoke too soon... store.lotro.com (which is apparently different from store.turbine.com) just announced a QUAD pack ...

$39.95 for all FOUR (4) expansions -- Moria/Mirkword/RoI/RoR !!!

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

All about the fun!"

I had the Bullroarer client on my PC. Does anyone have the Bullroarer Mac client location that I can download for that? I tried searching, but all I get is the PC version.

No hurry; if I ever get invited to beta, I'd like to have the client installed, so I'm not doing the mad rush I did last time on beta day.

Citation Envoyé par Jeffythequick Voir le message
    I had the Bullroarer client on my PC. Does anyone have the Bullroarer Mac client location that I can download for that? I tried searching, but all I get is the PC version.

No hurry; if I ever get invited to beta, I'd like to have the client installed, so I'm not doing the mad rush I did last time on beta day.
    It's now posted in the beta forums... but, for me at least, the Mac Client download crashes just after downloading the French screens.

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)