Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 1 sur 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 1 à 25 sur 422

Rank Farming, Official.

Hello, I’m River, Customer Service Manager at Turbine.

For some time now, the Customer Service team has been reading your comments and thoughts regarding “rank farming’. Together with the Developers, Community team, and players council we have come up with a clear, official definition and policy regarding “rank farming” in the Ettenmoors.

“Rank Farming” is officially defined as the intentional surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat and a gain of Infamy or renown to increase rank. Rank Farming is specific to Ettenmoors PvMP (Freep vs. Monster Player). The enemy can be controlled by any player - either the same player controlling the surrendering character, or someone else. This also includes any activity that increases your infamy or renown without participation in active combat. (e.g. heal tagging)

Participation in Rank Farming is an abuse of our game mechanics, and against our rules. Customer Service can identify this behavior and will take the appropriate action on both accounts involved, based on our findings. This activity can also be reported to the in-game staff for review.

This policy is effective immediately and is *not retroactive*. We will not be taking action on previous potential violations. Any reports filed should be of actions witnessed after the publication of this policy.

Please remember that we have multiple ways to verify players are participating in this behavior. Additionally, players who frequently report others falsely may also be subject to disciplinary action for harassment.

Edited to add that rank farming includes "any activity that increases your infamy or renown without participation in active combat. (e.g. heal tagging)".
    Dernière modification par PlusDust ; 07/12/2015 à 14h06.

This official policy has been long awaited. Thank you.

Freeps are willingly subjecting themselves to be killed by Creeps to give infamy?! "There is no curse in Entish, Elvish, or the tongues of Men for this treachery!"
    [b]Wizenwood[/b] [Loremaster 85], [b]Ainuril[/b] [Guardian 65]

[b]Landroval Server[/b]

Be interesting to see how well this is enforced.
    [color=#008080] Burzdolion of Eldar [/color]
    Dogs Of War
    [color=#1E90FF]95 Hunter 21/11/2013 11pm [GMT] [/color]...[color=#B22222]85 Warden[/color]...[color=#228b22]51 Runekeeper[/color]...

Good Move! Let's play it straight.
    -agentdirty-rank11 reaver
    -dirtiolas-rank8 hunter
    -cleanolas-rank6 blackarrow

as to elaborate on my facebook comment: wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooh!

this is great news
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001242c2/signature.png]Skoir[/charsig]

Thank you. This policy can only be a good thing for the gameplay.
    [CENTER][URL="http://toarda.com"][IMG]http://www.toarda.com/img/LOTROforumprofile.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.
    [/CENTER]

Thank you so much Turbine!
    Aldrest R11 Burglar
    Motharan R6 Guardian
    Tormoth R4 Captain
    Langlegion Warden

Well this is something I never thought I'd see. Props to whoever in Turbine backed that up
    Dernière modification par Graycient ; 28/08/2013 à 11h53.

Glad to finally see this and only wish it could have been in place sooner. Hopefully this can be enforced well and thereby lead to the end of Rank Farming.

Thank you Devs, Community Team, and Player Council.
    [CENTER][URL="http://knightsofthewhitecross.guildlaunch.com"][IMG]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5893/0ip1.jpg[/IMG]
    knights of the white cross[/URL] - kinship | [URL="http://fpd.guildlaunch.com"]the free people's defense[/URL] - pvmp alliance
    [/CENTER]

I'm happy about this news.
    Thank you!
    [CENTER][B]Commander Almeric[/B][I]
    Captain - Furia Italiana[/I]
    [B]Chieftain Almenakh
    [/B][I] Warg - Black Guard[/I]
    [/CENTER]

Although people could still be claiming to "1v1 my little brother" in defense, this is great news.

Citation Envoyé par CSM_River Voir le message
    This policy is effective immediately and is *not retroactive*. We will not be taking action on previous potential violations. Any reports filed should be of actions witnessed after the publication of this policy.
    This is a huge issue. On Snowbourn, I have so many videos and screenshots of people who have farmed ranks. We have a rank 15, a rank 14, numerous rank 13/12/11s and lower ranks that if the GMs accepted I could show you. So the guy who clubbed 1m in a week for R15 is allowed to get away with it? The r11 who uses bots to club (next level clubbing) and I have a 4 minute video to prove can get away with it?

Please rethink the "not retroactive" part.

Finally.

Although, I disagree with the retrospective section; the violation should at least apply to the period from Riders of Rohan release to the present day, as it is during this time that the Rank Farming had increased exponentially, and now there are people at the maximum rank that have no need to rank farm any longer, so those people will never have a consequence.

But nonetheless, at least it will be stopped from now on, so a big thumbs up from me.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

Unhappy :0

Please, not in this thread. Both sides are subjects to farming.
    Dushuak Rank: 12 Galathia Rank: 6 Salloe Rank: 7 Ramaros Rank: 6 Amoris: Rank 6

Evil People Lead To Evil Intentions.

Citation Envoyé par Mitholean Voir le message
    This is a huge issue. On Snowbourn, I have so many videos and screenshots of people who have farmed ranks. We have a rank 15, a rank 14, numerous rank 13/12/11s and lower ranks that if the GMs accepted I could show you. So the guy who clubbed 1m in a week for R15 is allowed to get away with it? The r11 who uses bots to club (next level clubbing) and I have a 4 minute video to prove can get away with it?

You can't punish players for breaking your rule BEFORE you ever had it. Just hope that the R15 and those others quit playing the game. That'll solve it

Hello, I’m River, Customer Service Manager at Turbine.

For some time now, the Customer Service team has been reading your comments and thoughts regarding “rank farming’. Together with the Developers, Community team, and players council we have come up with a clear, official definition and policy regarding “rank farming” in the Ettenmoors.

“Rank Farming” is officially defined as the intentional surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat and a gain of Infamy or Glory to increase rank. Rank Farming is specific to Ettenmoors PvMP (Freep vs. Monster Player). The enemy can be controlled by any player - either the same player controlling the surrendering character, or someone else.

Participation in Rank Farming is an abuse of our game mechanics, and against our rules. Customer Service can identify this behavior and will take the appropriate action on both accounts involved, based on our findings. This activity can also be reported to the in-game staff for review.

Please remember that we have multiple ways to verify players are participating in this behavior. Additionally, players who frequently report others falsely may also be subject to disciplinary action for harassment.
    Rank farming in general is a hard thing to prove and our kin/tribe, we are heavily pvmp and it is strictly against our rules of our kin/tribe. Meaning can result in a kick if caught. Yet there is a lot of hearsay of who rank farms and who doesn't. Leader boards, which you took down were one way to see who is rank farming . When you know there is no action prime time and just 1vs1 circles or small skirmishes around , you see a person with 10k renown/infamy gain in 1 day you know something's up. Our community has been policing/tagging people who rank farm. Common rank farmer signs, kinless for no reason/tribe. Some people drop kin /tribe suddenly and only want to solo. Also people who seem to like to stir up a lot of drama/confusion tend to be rank farmers. While with the state of the pvp at the moment rank farming is pointless you gain nothing and if you were to do anything about rank farming which I'm glad you're looking into it.. You would probably have to accuse/deal w/ half the major pvmp kin tribes in the game. Most have been caught doing it at one point or another. If you need any ideas, ask your vets. We have been dealing with most of your things you are just now seeing for a while. It's caused nothing but drama and heartache and caused a lack of interest in what most of us love about the ettenmoors.

Thank you ;
    Alzie aka alzeria
    alzie rank 15 mini
    "less talky, more killy"
    "kill fast , run faster!"
    The Apocalypse Kinship Elendilmir
    Antisocialnetworking brandywine

Teddibara beorning Brandywine
    alzeria rank 15 mini renamed Brandywine

“Rank Farming” is officially defined as the intentional surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat and a gain of Infamy or Glory to increase rank. Rank Farming is specific to Ettenmoors PvMP (Freep vs. Monster Player). The enemy can be controlled by any player - either the same player controlling the surrendering character, or someone else.
    Not that worried, but I do have a consern if you'd say about the 1 v 1 circles. How will you determine people weren't doing 1 v 1 circles? Atleast for me being on my Def and after a fight that last 10 min, I give up. Would that imply I'm a farmer and/or working with one? How do you determine they where not fighting 1 v1s for a while? In Nimrodel the action sometimes gets to dang boring with the RvR. So atleast 1 time every week, they form 1 v 1s and usually it's the same people fighting each other till more people arrive.
    I'm a human manifestation of all 7 Cardinal Sins.
    Giovy (Captain Main) /Giiovy (Mini Sub Main) - Last Stand of Olorin(PvP/PvE Kin) - Brandywine (Main)
    Giovy (Captain Main) /Zuheiry (LM Sub Main) - Exceptional(PvE T2c Raid Kin) - Nimrodel

Thank you so much, been waiting so long for this!!

Now I feel I can play and have fun in Moors again...thanks
    Keorl of Dwarrowdelf - 105 Captain Rank 10
    Erkenwald of Dwarrowdelf - 100 Hunter Rank 3
    Salvar of Dwarrowdelf - 65 Guardian Rank 2

Sapience est déconnecté Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Citation Envoyé par Mitholean Voir le message

A lot of thought went into this...

Citation Envoyé par Graycient Voir le message
    You can't punish players for breaking your rule BEFORE you ever had it.

...and this is exactly why we chose not to make it retroactive.

Hail Mary! I just got in to mood to play in the moors more than twice a month. *approving clasping*

Aghi
    [url=http://www.overwolf.com/?utm_source=forums&utm_medium=signatures&utm_campaign=signature%2Bin%2Bforums][img]http://api.overwolf.com/users/Signature/athrood_gameplay.png[/img][/url]

This took rather longer than I would've liked, but it is nice to see all the same.

Keep at it.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

So if creeps are having a bad night of it and I decide to run in to their raid with no-chance of survival to 'raise morale' then I'm a rank farmer?

Citation Envoyé par Bhoris_they_spider Voir le message
    So if creeps are having a bad night of it and I decide to run in to their raid with no-chance of survival to 'raise morale' then I'm a rank farmer?
    If you do it over and over and over....yes

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual

Page 1 sur 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... DernièreDernière

Règles de messages