Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 10 sur 10

Discussion: Mithril Coin Sink

Mithril Coin Sink

Ok this is not a rant or a complaint and is probably obvious to many people who are well into Wildemore...just an observation. (mild spoiler)

When they started the mithril coin feature, I vowed to use them as little as possible. I even congratulated myself on NOT using them. Oh I am such a good player, I don't need that etc. etc. Every once in a while, I might pop one after a long drawn out campaign to get back to the quest giver. So economical...

Then I got to High Knolls....And the Haunted Woods....And all the coming and goings from half hidden caves, Ent quest givers and lets not forget, you need a bank every now and then, even if there are strategically placed stables, vendors and item masters.

I have been spending Mithril coins like water! Do not want to slog through that forest of half chopped trees again. No sight lines, enemies behind every bush, not to mention unscalable walls blocking you at every turn.

I swear this is intentional! The Turbine overseers have outdone themselves. I am hooked. Broke my spirit it did....good thing I get 500TP per month! (~55 coins per month)
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

It might just be you... I've got quite a large stash of the coins from when they came into existence and all those other things were converted into them. Yet somehow I managed to go through Wildermore without using a single one there (I did spend a couple on an item in Lalia's Market, but nothing related to the Wildermore region). I agree that some of the areas, especially the forest were annoying, but nothing that required me to use the coins.

So far I bought one cloak, spent 1 coin for traveling, about 20 for hobbit presents (I was bored) and reset a few festival quests back in spring. That means I still have 2080 coins left. I got a lot of them from former festival tickets.

Citation Envoyé par Dotlbeme Voir le message
    Ok this is not a rant or a complaint and is probably obvious to many people who are well into Wildemore...just an observation. (mild spoiler)

When they started the mithril coin feature, I vowed to use them as little as possible. I even congratulated myself on NOT using them. Oh I am such a good player, I don't need that etc. etc. Every once in a while, I might pop one after a long drawn out campaign to get back to the quest giver. So economical...

_______________________snip___ ________
    I swear this is intentional! The Turbine overseers have outdone themselves. I am hooked. Broke my spirit it did....good thing I get 500TP per month! (~55 coins per month)
    Me too, but not in Wildermore which i enjoyed travelling through. They are like a drug to me in Moria! (despite the streamlining and extra goats). Guess where my tp went this month?

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

I'm premium and I get my mythril from TP grind, hobbit present (once 50!) and lock box (once 15!)...so I use them sparingly...

Eventually used 1 for travel and its so tempting to keep on using them...
    WINDFOLA: Tsuhelm Hunter lv62 LANDROVAL: Tsudryt Captain lv62 LAURELIN: Opopa Burgler lv22 WITHYWINDLE: Tsukuld Rune-keeper lv85

WP blog: Tsuhelm

I got some during the conversion in one of the updates. Then, I won fifty on the hobbit present (only good reward I've ever gotten). I just use them to repeat the Wildermore dailies ten of the dailies are offered, so I can get to kindred faster. I'll never buy any, though, but my stash should hold out long enough to get kindred with Wildermore.

Have never used any of the Mithril Coins I have. Have never bought any, either. Every one I have has been free (e.g. lottery, item conversion). Not something I plan to buy, and not something I will use for a "convenience". Only time I will even think of using a Mithril Coin is to get something tangible that I can still use years from now.

Turbine has made LOTRO a game where you can choose to spend either time or money to complete things or advance. This is just another way of giving you the choice of spending time or money. In this case the money is in the form of the Mithril Coin.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Citation Envoyé par Penter-Kar Voir le message
    Only time I will even think of using a Mithril Coin is to get something tangible that I can still use years from now.
    If you're looking for a tangible long term use of those mithril coins you have, there's always Laila's market. Sometimes its nice to have something new to look at.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

If Mario was in Middle Earth

I like the coins. Travel time is a big deterrent when deciding where to go and what to do

The coins allow me to spend more time analyzing and managing my character [skills/traits/inventory/equipment] and less time C O M U TI N G.

Turbine...if you read this...start rewarding {or give the option to choose} Mithril Coins for deed completions or special Q's or create some daily quest you can do for {X} coins....or even craft them....I like the coins....when they came, I tried a few....and yes...they became addictive....

Hello, my name is Boaneges and I'm addicted to Mithril Coin usage....by the time you read this post I've probably already used one to turn in that quest in Angmar all the way back in Himbar from the other side of ARDA.....

They aren't going to make quests etc. for mith coins, it's an attempt to get you to spend more RL into the game. Why would they make it easy to earn a stash of mith if that is the goal? They made the TP? mith exchange steep for a reason, for all those that earn free TP from deeds etc. and hoard them, they have to make the hard choice of spending the TP on in game conveniences/rewards, or converding them through store to get mith to shorten traveling etc. Think it as a way of clawing back TP and revaluing them.

Règles de messages