Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 14 sur 14

Questions about the Lore-master?!

Hello everybody, I have some questions concerning the Lore-master and will be happy if you know and share their answers!

Incoming Healing Rating, I would LOVE to hear how the stat itself works towards the Morale potions, Regeneration food, Will food, Different Healings, Morale Regeneration Buffs, In-Combat Morale Regeneration, Out-of Combat Morale Regeneration and Such skills and Stats (if they are affected partly or at all)?! And does Incoming Healing Rating affects the Power potions, Power food, Will food, Different Power Healings, Power Regeneration Buffs, In-Combat Power Regeneration, Out-of combat Power Regenerations and Such skills and Stats (if they are affected partly or at all)?!

As well, I did notice that it is an Independent stat (you don’t receive Incoming Healing Rating points, percentage from any other Primary or Secondary stats like Might, Will, Fate, etc.), of course if I am not wrong (I didn’t have time to pay a closer look and the servers are Maintaining right now, so, can’t check it either). As well hovering my mouse over the stat Incoming Healing Rating, it shows that I do have 5% on it, even though the stat itself shows 0 (zero)!

Tactical Mastery Rating: For a Loremaster it says for this stat that it increases the tactical damage you deal and healing done by you. So, how does it will look actually, what kind of drains are affected, does it affect and Power healing towards me and towards other Players, Pets, Heralds, Banners (something else?), and Power draining skills, and what are “non-bleeding DoTs”? Also, how to understand which DoTs are Physical and which Tactical?

A few examples: The Loremaster has 3 Healing skills up to level 41 (my present level). One of these skills is “Inner Flame”: It drains/transfers your Power into your Morale and into your Pet’s Morale (if traited can affect all Fellowship members within range). So, you do drain certain amount of Power from yourself and you transfer this amount of power into Morale healing which means that we do have First a Drain process which goes into the category of Incoming Healing (if it works in such cases), then we do have Outgoing Healing process and at the end we do have Incoming Healing process, again. All of these 3 different processes are made to the caster (me, my Loremaster). To the other targets of Inner Flame is available only 1 of these processes: the Incoming Healing. So, from my Outgoing Healing rating depends how much Incoming Healing they will receive if it is related at all. Note: I am not sure does it drain the same amount of Power and transfers same amount of Morale to me and my target/s or not, but the Morale Healed from this skill varies at the same time when it heals me and my other target (my Pet so far) according to the Combat tab. Sometimes it shows that it heals me a bit more than my pet, next second it can heal my pet more than me and next second can heal us both equal, so it always varies. My Incoming Healing Rating is the Race one 5% (Race of Man, for reference if needed). Another Note: I never saw this skill making a critical healing nor devastating healing hit/s – that’s ODD!

Inner Flame: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Inner_Flame

Improved Inner Flame: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Improved_Inner_Flame

Inner Flame as well transfers 5% Threat per second from you to your Pet, but I don’t understand, does the skill itself transfers this 5% threat every second or it drains a threat from me and stack it onto my Pet? If so how to know how much threat stat/amount I do have? As well do I stack the threat effect and how? For the Pet the same, how the Pet stacks threat (if it stacks it) and as well how much threat in total a Pet or somebody/anybody can have and can a Threat be capped? As well if the skill Inner Flame drains the Threat from me, what’s happening if I don’t have anymore Threat, what’s happening to my Pet and its status and its Threat amount? Also, does the Threat vanish immediately when the battle is over or when the enemy target is dead even if there are more enemies engaged in the entire battle?

Another strange Healing skill which I do have is “Wisdom of the Council”: Restores 50% of your Maximum Morale: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Wisdom_of_the_Council Is this skill affected from Outgoing and Incoming Healing Rating stats and abilities? And if so, how?

Can the Tactical Mastery be capped and if so, what are the stats and percentages if you know them? As well, can the Outgoing and Incoming Healings be capped and if so, what are the stats and percentages if you know them?

Physical Mastery Rating: For a Loremaster it says for this stat it increases the melee and ranged damage dealt by you. It shows also the damage percentage of my Ranged attacks even though I can’t use any Ranged weapons and hence I don’t have a ranged attacks nor such damage. Or, am I missing something? The only think which counts for Range I could think of is my Loremaster Brooch/es (2 different types: for Critical rating and one for In-combat Morale Regeneration and Evade rating). Can it be that the Critical Rating from the Brooch has any relationship with the Physical Mastery and its Physical Melee and/or Ranged damage percentage stat? As well does the Tactical and Physical Masteries (Melee and Ranged) in any way are in a relationship/s with the different Loremaster’s Pets and their skills accordingly? Note: If a melee skill has a long range and/or radius, but it isn’t written “Ranged” on it, then it isn’t a Ranged one!

Does the Physical Mastery make your Melee Physical and Ranged Physical attacks faster as well, and/or to Parry often or much more if you are using a Sword or two Swords (making the % of the passive skill of the Sword higher in any way), lowers more often or much more the armour of the target if using an axe and all the other weapons accordingly if they are affected at all or partly? Is there any relations between the speed of the attack/s Physical Melee, Physical Ranged, Tactical and Healing prior to a Race and/or a Class? Also are there any relationships and bonuses if you are using the same and different types of weapons at the same time: 2 Swords, 2 Axes…., Staff and a Sword, Axe and a Spear, Hammer and a Club, Dagger and a Javelin and a Bow, Crossbow, etc?

Can the Physical Mastery be capped and if so, what are the stats and percentages if you know them?

Critical Rating: For a Loremaster it says for this stat that (but I do believe that it is the same description for all classes, though I never saw all of them): Increases the Critical and Devastating Hit chances and magnitudes of your Melee, Ranged and Tactical Attacks. The descriptions “Attacks” are not correct, but that depends from the Devs! And as well there is missing the Healing: Outgoing Healing, Incoming Healing Critical and Devastating Hits chances and their magnitudes. It has to be added that all that affects and the Power and Power Healing, etc, but this also depends from the devs. I am not sure does the Incoming Healing rating has to have Critical/Devastating hits and magnitudes, since I don’t have enough experience with the game and that’s why leaving it here for comments to make it more clear, but definitely the Outgoing Healing has to have Critical/Devastating hits and magnitudes, just the problem/s is that the info is totally missing at the Character Panel and from different skills as well.

Few examples: Lore-master’s skill “Inner Flame”. I never saw that Healing skill to do a Critical nor Devastating hits as I did mention it earlier and as well it is a Healing over time healing skill. That means the chance a Critical or Devastating hit to occur is higher and much higher, in other words, often. Another of my Lore-master’s skills is “Sign of Power: Command”: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Sign_of_Power:_Command This is a debuff skill and it does critical and devastating hits according to the Combat tab, but I don’t see any changes to be made at the effect! So, that means the Skill as many others out there are bugged or not made correct from the devs!

My “Inner Flame” at level 41 does 37-53 Morale Healing per second. I have 5% Incoming Healing bonus for my Race type. I saw values from 37 Morale Heal up to 56 Morale Heal at the Combat tab. That means the 5% Incoming Healing was added to the maximum value of 53 Morale Healing for this skill, but what is happening with the 37 one? Why it gives me at all 37 Morale healing if that’s the lowest value of the skill and by default I do have +5% Incoming Healing. So, my concern is, if it isn’t clear, when the 5% initial Incoming Healing bonus is applied for the skill/s, when they are casted or before that (are they integrated, added at the tooltip of the skills)? Or does my 5% Racial initial Incoming Healing bonus and/or all other Incoming Healing Rating stats, percentages affecting my “inner Flame” and/or other Healing/Power skills or not? I know that the Stat is supposed to work and it works for some skills, but is it working for all? Also, in Healing, Draining Morale/Power cases are they affected from the Armour value, Mitigations, Resistances, Block, Parry, Evade….?! They are not supposed to is what I do think, but all looks very strange when having such experience.

How much damage/healing/percentage adds a Critical and how much a Devastating hit? As well I am not so familiar with the Auto attacks and any relations to them?! Lore-masters rarely have any auto attack since they are Physical related: Melee or Ranged and not Tactical.

I did some experimenting before time with my level 37 Hunter and they showed me that the Critical Hits are around 100 more damage over the maximum damage which a skill can do. So, that’s let’s say 100% more damage. For the Devastating Hits it showed me that this amount is around 200-250+ more damage over the maximum damage which a skill can do. So, that’s let’s say 200-250% more damage. All this is partly correct because the testing showed me and something else which was very interesting, a lower, weak damage skills will do around 50% (or less, not fully sure on the weak skills, just giving you the ideas) more damage, On Devastating hit they will do some more damage than 50%. But there are and many cases where the same weak damage skill will do the same amount of damage on Critical hits and the same amount of damage on Devastating hits! So, not fully sure why that’s happening at all. I think I know the answer, but I still need more information from other stats to complete the picture, but still if you know or have any ideas, please, share them?!

I made all these observations and testing about the Criticals/Devastating hits against grey level 35 or 36-37 spiders at Amon Ros (Lone Lands, left from Ost Guruth).. You will say, “Aha…. they are too weak, and you are high level for them, that’s why you have such high values…”, and that’s totally wrong! That maybe will have a value if you face one-shot dead monsters (meaning too low and too weak compared to your level and power) or if you fight too strong monsters. But since those grey spiders are not so low level than me and not so weak accordingly, the values are correct and relevant! Also, you may think that I do have a lot or tons of Critical stat and Magnitude, but I will tell you that I don’t have and even will add that the Critical/Devastating Magnitude is not relevant here, because at the end it will add ONLY very little damage to the Critical/Devastating hits at my low level.

Can a Critical and Devastating hits be capped and their Magnitude accordingly? If all they can, so, what is the Stat amount of all of them and their percentages (Melee, Ranged, Tactical, Healing), if you know them?

Can a Critical or Devastated hit be Avoided, Blocked, Parried, Negated and/or Resisted? To me it looks that Finesse is just another form of a Critical stat. But watching their descriptions I do think that Finesse is much more usefull than Critical and/or Devastating Critical and their magnitudes accordingly. I don’t have experience with this stat and still not too familiar with the other stats, but that’s not important because the point is to share ideas, thoughts and learn about all these possibilities.

Can the Finesse stat be capped and if so, what is the stat amount and its percentage, if you know them?

When receiving/doing damage what protects first the Block, then Parry and at the end Evade or the order is different? As well does the order changes in any way and when it changes if so? Which is the most important from these 3 stats: Block or Parry, or Evade and can you explain or give some examples? Can you give some ideas, examples, how those stats can be rised over 15%? As a Lore-master I can’t Block at all, since we can’t use a shield and that’s why my Block stat is unavailable, even though my Might stat shows that I do have points in Block rating.

Tactical Mitigation: Do you know what are the stats for the cap and its percentage? If you know them and for the Medium and Heavy armour users, we will be happy if you share them with us ! And as well, where goes Resistance in all this picture? For a Lore-master it reads: Resistance provides a chance of avoiding all effects. In all RPG games Resistance means you become Resistant more or less and Immune to all magic. So, doesn’t it work in that way here? If it doesn’t work in that way, I do think that the Devs should change that, after all Physicals have their Armours and Block, Parry, Evade, Mitigations, etc; so, what is left for us the Mages?

As well I do think that here is the place where I have to add the Resistance stat and ask how does it work and how it will affect all different damage types, mitigations, armour types and negative effects (DoTs and others if any), and which DoTs in particular (if it doesn’t affect all DoTs fully or partly)?

Can the Resistance be capped and if so, what is the stat amount and its percentage, if you know them?

As well, when receiving/doing damage what protects first, the Armour, then the Block, Parry, Evade, then the Physical and/or Tactical Mitigation, then the Resistance and at the end Critical Defence, what is the exact order and when it changes, and how? These last questions about the Defence order can be split for the Tactical Mitigation and for the Physical Mitigation, but many times you are attacking and get attacked from Physicals and Tacticals, so, everything gets messy and so it changes the order.

Thank you in advance for any help provided!

My first question is did you write it in 45min? And second one: Are you serious?

I will not answer all of your question, you need just read the descriptions and understand it.

Incoming Healing increase healing which you get, from yourself, like moral pots or selfheals or from other players. It does not increase icmr,ocmr and so on and has nothing to do with will. It also does not work on power. However, lm trait Healer, which do +15% healing, also increase the power transfer with skill "share the power".

You are right, you get incoming healing from no stat, only incoming healing itself. If you are man, than man-kind has from beging +5% incoming healing (you can find it under passive skills)

Every skill has its description and you can see there, if it is tactical skill or physical, what is needed to resist it and so on. The numbers, which you see in description are directly counted from your tactical mastery (for tactical and healing skills). Every skill (with some exeptions) does not a fixed amount of damage. e.g., burning ember can variate between 1 500 -2100 on my lvl. So, you can hit the target once with 1550 dmg, and once 1946. Same with healing and inner flame. There is some radius for healing, e,g 100-150. That is the reason, why you see once greater numbers, once lower numbers.

To the outgoing/incoming Healing: You have healing skill which directly affected with your tactical mastery and outgoing healing, this healing is going to some target (it can be you or your pet or another player) and than it takes incoming healing from the target and you see final result.

Some skills can't crit, lake inner flame and share the power.

Wisdom of council is affected by incoming healing, I am not sure if also with outgoing. The skill heals 50% of your morale + x% from your incoming healing, so 0.5*(1+x/100) is total amount (if it does not crit).

Tactical mastery can't be capped, but outgoing healing (which is one part of it) yes. you can find somewhere the number from max outgaoing healing. I thing it between 60-70%.

Physical mastery affect ranged dmg, but lm does not have any skills for it, only melee. Brooche affects the stats for your pet, not for you. Physical or tactical mastery does not affect crit rating. Physical or tactical mastery does not affect the stats of your Pet. They are affected only with your lvl, brooch, traits and Sign of Wild.

Yes, here I lost motivation to answer to the rest of your questions. I still think, that you are kidding. If not, then aks uncle Google and he will answer it. You have many basic questions and you will find answer for them there.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my first language, sorry for mistakes

Boy, I'm with Estelrandir. Tried to answer your questions and got lost about an hour in. You've basically asked how the entire game works. That's a big, big ask.

I'll just add a few random things to what he said.

The cause of your confusion over Incoming Healing might come from the fact that you used Inner Flame to test it. Inner Flame heals both you and your pet. While you have an Incoming Healing buff of 5%, your pet does not. If you're using Combat Analysis, you can still get heals at the minimum value shown on your tool-tip if it happens to your pet.

Click here and read this thread. It will answer all of your questions about stat caps, how they work, math behind the game, etc. It is a bit out-dated since it doesn't incorporate the changes that came with Updates 10 and 11. Those can be found here and here. Big changes were to power pools, Will's effects, Fate's effects, and Critical Defense. However, none of the formulas behind the game were changed besides the one for Critical Defense.

Citation Envoyé par Blanchet Voir le message
    I made all these observations and testing about the Criticals/Devastating hits against grey level 35 or 36-37 spiders at Amon Ros (Lone Lands, left from Ost Guruth).. You will say, “Aha…. they are too weak, and you are high level for them, that’s why you have such high values…”, and that’s totally wrong!
    Actually, that's totally right. If you'll notice, a lot of the tool-tips on your stats include the caveat "Against level XX mobs" where XX is your current level. That's because most of the calculations the game does are based on the target's level. That will affect both your ratings toward the mob and the mob's ratings toward you. The only way to do a true test is to fight mobs that are the same level as you. Against on level mobs, crits are generally calculated as Base_Damage*(1.5 + crit %) though there are a few other things that can affect them.

Like Estelrandir mentioned, some skills can crit while some cannot. I won't attempt an exhaustive list, but if you're finding that some skills just never crit, well, it's probably because they're coded so they won't. Also, your assertion that non-damage skills critting is a bug is probably a little off base. Since it really doesn't make a difference whether they crit or not, it probably just comes down to ease of coding.

As for which is more important between Block, Parry, and Evade, it depends on your class. The only classes that can block are Guardians, Wardens, Minstrels, and Captains. Of the other two stats, for a Lore-master, I'd argue Parry is best since we get a large buff to it from the Sword and Staff legendary trait. Since we can't really cap any B/P/E at 25% and really struggle to reach that soft cap at 15%, mathematically, it's a little more helpful to buff one really high rather than have two that are mediocre.

Finally, use the forum search tool. Pretty much every question you asked has been asked and answered before. Lots of helpful threads out there if you hunt around a little.

Edit: Bonus round!

Mastery has nothing to do with attack speed. Mastery only deals with effect magnitudes. Every weapon used to have a unique weapon speed, but that went away a long time ago. Now, all one hand weapons have one speed while two handed weapons have another. If dual-wielding, the speed used to be determined by the average speed of the two. You'd actually see some burgs carrying around the level 45 class quest dagger at cap since it had a 1.5 weapon speed rather than the 1.7 that all other daggers had. Now, I'm not sure if it's the average or not. The only class it matters for anymore is the Lore-master since it's the only class that can dual-wield a two-hander along with a one-hander, but I think our attack speed remains at two-hand weapon speed. There are items out there that can reduce attack speed, but that has a limited benefit for Lore-masters since most of our skills have inductions. More on this here.

Inner Flame takes your threat from you and gives it to your pet, or, in your words, drains from you and stacks on your pet. Threat does not cap as far as I know. It's simply a running counter of how much damage you've done to a mob and the healing you've done while it's been active. Beyond that, I can't say much definitively. Not terribly knowledgeable about it.

Heals from Beacon of Hope, Water-lore, flank morale heals, and Wisdom of the Council can crit.

As for how mitigations work, I suggest you read the thread about math above. If you still have questions afterwards, ask away.
    Dernière modification par kriskrosed ; 08/08/2013 à 16h52.
    85 LM Berewen, 85 Burg Balculus, 85 Guard Benferth

Critical Rating: For a Loremaster it says for this stat that (but I do believe that it is the same description for all classes, though I never saw all of them): Increases the Critical and Devastating Hit chances and magnitudes of your Melee, Ranged and Tactical Attacks. The descriptions “Attacks” are not correct, but that depends from the Devs! And as well there is missing the Healing: Outgoing Healing, Incoming Healing Critical and Devastating Hits chances and their magnitudes. It has to be added that all that affects and the Power and Power Healing, etc, but this also depends from the devs. I am not sure does the Incoming Healing rating has to have Critical/Devastating hits and magnitudes, since I don’t have enough experience with the game and that’s why leaving it here for comments to make it more clear, but definitely the Outgoing Healing has to have Critical/Devastating hits and magnitudes, just the problem/s is that the info is totally missing at the Character Panel and from different skills as well.
    I don't think incoming healing can crit, i think the crit component comes only from the caster of the heal, inc only affects the magnitude if the incoming initial skill.

As far as i know healing is a little dumbed down on any healing class because it doesn't need to pass b/p/e checks etc. So although heals can crit and devestate, they are not affected by the devestate runes on LI's. Heals that devestate do not show up in combat analysis but testing proves that this does indeed happen and heals proc outside of the 'crit' range

Power restore doesn't crit, inner flame doesn't crit because it is considered op.

Tactical Mitigation: Do you know what are the stats for the cap and its percentage? If you know them and for the Medium and Heavy armour users, we will be happy if you share them with us ! And as well, where goes Resistance in all this picture? For a Lore-master it reads: Resistance provides a chance of avoiding all effects. In all RPG games Resistance means you become Resistant more or less and Immune to all magic. So, doesn’t it work in that way here? If it doesn’t work in that way, I do think that the Devs should change that, after all Physicals have their Armours and Block, Parry, Evade, Mitigations, etc; so, what is left for us the Mages?

Ok if i remember correctly there is a chance to avoid tactical attacks completely but it is hidden. Obviously there is b/p/e for physical but as you say 'Resistance' is just a chance to avoid 'effects' from a skill used by an enemy. I don't know whether the resistance stat is relative to avoiding direct tactical attacks.

Can a Critical or Devastated hit be Avoided, Blocked, Parried, Negated and/or Resisted? To me it looks that Finesse is just another form of a Critical stat. But watching their descriptions I do think that Finesse is much more usefull than Critical and/or Devastating Critical and their magnitudes accordingly. I don’t have experience with this stat and still not too familiar with the other stats, but that’s not important because the point is to share ideas, thoughts and learn about all these possibilities.

Finesse is just a check to bypass b/p/e/resistance. If your skill hits it will crit depending on the roll. It is negated a lot when you have legendaries by having the damaging/fire/debuff legacies on your book. Having a decent amount of finesse reduces your important skills like bf/herb lore/lore skills from missing when you need them most. I don't know however how having fast loader traited and max debuffing legacy on book would compare to say 6k finesse without either of the former.

As well I do think that here is the place where I have to add the Resistance stat and ask how does it work and how it will affect all different damage types, mitigations, armour types and negative effects (DoTs and others if any), and which DoTs in particular (if it doesn’t affect all DoTs fully or partly)?
    As far as i know resistance checks the application of the inital skill, then again on subsequent pulses (on a bleed for example) but venturing through the game, a lot of debuffs upon you are forced, so your resistance is slightly negligable.
    Dernière modification par Lazlo10 ; 08/08/2013 à 18h56.

Seriously, reading tooltips will answer most of your questions. That's what they're there for. Also, the LOTRO Wiki exists for a reason.

Hello again everybody

Now to make some things clearer if possible, telling me to "read" the tooltips is not helping me at all! I do this since the beginning and still reading, and re-reading, and re-reading all them and tons of wikia and the forum, but this doesn't mean that all this is clear, fully explained, made perfect and without any doubts while you do it over and over again. I am not kidding, as it must be obvious from my post and yes, I can write it for 45 or less minutes, but practically I don't have the time to do so, so, it took its time, so, I am more than serious . Nobody is pushed to read nor answer any of my questions, who ever wants to help will help, who doesn't, doesn't. Etc; etc; etc...

Healer is 10% not 15%, but it isn't important neither for me, nor for you. “Estelrandir: Wisdom of council is affected by incoming healing, I am not sure if also with outgoing. The skill heals 50% of your morale + x% from your incoming healing, so 0.5*(1+x/100) is total amount (if it does not crit)".

It is not affected from Outgoing healing. I thought and still think that Outgoing healing and Incoming healing might be working together in some way for some skills, but so far can't prove it (saw from the links provided that and other players are trying to figure that one). Wisdom of The Council heals 50%, then to that amount is added the 5% from the Men's racial bonus and you get the final result (which was confusing me for a long time, but my friend helped me with the maths). It was confusing me even much more thanks to "your" Wikia Toramarthen http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Wisdom_of_the_Council saying that "Healer increases the healing of the skill with 10%", which is not true! And which MUST be true, but I don't know do the Devs know that the Trait and/or the Skill/s is bugged and that they have to fix it. In the same way it has to affect Strength of Morale (the Racial Men's skill), but can't add nor want to add more... And to be exact for anybody’s ease, all of this is it a bug or made intentional, or by mistake, or not knowing is not a matter of our discussion.

One confusion and idea which I got from the Character panel and testing Inner Flame about Will and Tactical Mastery. Hovering over Will it shows that it increases Outgoing healing! Hovering over Tactical Mastery also it shows that increases Outgoing healing! So, are they both adding to the final amount of Outgoing healing or only Will, or only Tactical Mastery?

Yes, "kriskrosed", I do have a big brain, so, having a "big ask"
    It’s very good you pointed the missing part of the Incoming healing towards Inner Flame and the pet! Obvious but not so, so, thank you ! If it isn’t clear why, the answer is simple or maybe not. The pet/s are our skills, so, they “HAVE TO” be affected from our stats and which is not the case in this game…! So, with tooltips or without, it doesn’t matter!

Yes, reading the link/s you gave me I do agree for the most correct testing to be done on level enemies (even though that’s not possible for me till cap), but even now I got the same and almost the same results and ideas as the players in the mentioned link/s/threads and I am not even a maths genius, so….?!

All skills should crit/devastate! And many more things…

“Lazlo10: Finesse is just a check to bypass b/p/e/resistance. If your skill hits it will crit depending on the roll. It is negated a lot when you have legendaries by having the damaging/fire/debuff legacies on your book. Having a decent amount of finesse reduces your important skills like bf/herb lore/lore skills from missing when you need them most. I don't know however how having fast loader traited and max debuffing legacy on book would compare to say 6k finesse without either of the former”.

So, if you have Finesse that means you will do more damage, more/often crits and devastated hits or not? You did mention that it will bypass b/p/e/resistance, but are physical and tactical mitigation, armour and critical defence also involved? I think, yes, but just to clarify to be sure. Ah…. I just checked the character panel and it doesn’t say nothing about Armour, Mitigations and Critical Defence…. So, does it mean even if you bypass b/p/e/resistance, your attacks/skills will get lowered or negated from the Armour, Mitigations and/or Critical Defence of the enemy?

Does anybody know if adding a lot/tons of Finesse and at the same time the damaging/fire/debuffing legacies on the Legendary Book, are they going to disturb each other or some of them? The idea came to me after reading the first link which “kriskrosed” provided to me about the ratings, percentages, diminishing returns of the stats https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...on-and-Offence Here are the Legacies’ values from wikia if needed: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Lore...ndary_Legacies
    Why there is fire and damaging resistance legacies at the same time in a way looks odd, but anyway. So, in the second case all this will add all of the Resistance from the Fire damage skills together with the Resistance from the Damage skills and their Legacies (as well in some cases will be added and the Debuffing Resistance legacy. The damage skills resistance legacy, does it include all tactical and all melee damage skills?), which brings high or a very high values (duno can it be capped and are there diminishing or increasing returns, rating and percentages). So, adding and the Finesse, the values at the end become even higher or much higher, because in these cases Finesse becomes something like Resistance value. Of course I am not sure are they high or very high from having experience with this game, but the point is that they do add to each other (at least some of them). The same added values will be and for the Debuffing resistance legacy with the Fast Loader resistance (I can’t see other resistances for such skills and debuffs), which values at the end will not be so high as the Fire-Damaging Resistance legacies, but it is worth mentioning. The third and last in my opinion such possibility is, How skills which have 2 or more different effects affected from such Resistance legacies and Finesse? Some examples: Gust of Wind does damage and +7% Miss chance to the targets; Cracked Earth does fire damage and has a delayed Root on the targets (so, Fire resistance legacy + Damaging resistance legacy + Debuffing resistance legacy + Finesse, right?! Something else?); Improved Staff Strike does damage and 5 seconds stun on crit/devastated crit; Test of Will does damage and 5 seconds stun; Burning Embers does fire damage, fire DoT (Damage over Time) and 30% Slow to the target; Wisdom of The Council has 5% chance to Negate 100% damage, Reflects 17 Light damage (at my level 45), 25% chance to reflect effect 3 seconds stun (not sure what actually means this stun reflection effect?) ….

“Lazlo10:….. a lot of debuffs upon you are forced, so your resistance is slightly negligible”. What does mean “forced” in this case?

Blinding Flash: Interrupts inductions. Not sure why is it in a plural form instead of singular. I read somewhere that this skill even if it is resisted will apply the Interrupts inductions effect.

When I click on a skill its border starts moving showing you that this skill will be executed. But how to take it off/stop it so the skill to not be executed when it is ready? Can you tell me all possible ways of stopping an “Induction”? Can you tell me all possible ways of Targeting and Untargeting somebody and/or something?

Hopefully this part is not so “tooltiping/basic” for you, so, might receive more help on the matter . Thank you again everybody for the help provided!

I looked at it and it is really 10%, 15% is on power costs, ok, my bad. 45 min was just joke, which probably only few people can understand and mainly these who wrote long posts.

But even so, this is not simple game if you want to understand every detail. Even after 4 years playing lm I learn something new about him. And I would say, I know quite much. But back to some of your questions.

Wisdom of Council: If there is written that it heals 50% more or less we can await that it is not affected from outgoing healing. And this also the reason why it is not affected by Healer - Healer affects outgoing healing, not incoming. I didn't click on link provided in your post but I will tell a little bit history: In older days this skill didn't heal 50% of our moral but some number like other healing skills. But with lvl-increase it was weaker and weaker and there were complaints about it and devs changed it to 50%. So, in the old days it could be and probably also was affected by outgoing healing and Healer.

One confusion and idea which I got from the Character panel and testing Inner Flame about Will and Tactical Mastery. Hovering over Will it shows that it increases Outgoing healing! Hovering over Tactical Mastery also it shows that increases Outgoing healing! So, are they both adding to the final amount of Outgoing healing or only Will, or only Tactical Mastery?
    Will rises tactical mastery. The amount coming from will you can see by will. By tactical mastery you see final amount of your tactical mastery, so the number from will is counted in. The will rises outgoing healing through tack. mastery and by tactical mastery you see final amount of it. Conclusion: The final amount of outgoing healing you can see by tactical mastery.

The whole finesse-resistance thing:

bpe+res - if it one of these is applied, you make no dmg (because it is blocked/parried/...) The finesse decreases these numbers by the target, so it lower chance that your attack will be bpe+res. So, thanks to the finesse you can make more dmg. But it has nothing to do with armor/phys/tact mitigation: Ones your attack hits, then are mitigations/armour/crit defence applied and you will see final number of your dmg.

to the -resistence legacy:
    There is somewhere list from dev which skill is in which cathegory: Skills, which make dmg are under dmg skills and these which make also fire dmg, are under fire dmg skills. We have some dmg skills like gust of wind, which can also debuff but it is influenced only by legacy with -resistance for dmg skills. Skills like xxx-lore and S.o.P. + some other are influenced only by -resistance for debuff skills.

So, if you want to hit e.g. with burning embers: It is dmg skill, also fire dmg skill, so these 2 legacies with -res. for dmg and for fire dmg skills are taking into account. Then even finesse is counted and you will see final result (did you hit it or resisted?)

Blinding Flash: Interrupts inductions. Not sure why is it in a plural form instead of singular. I read somewhere that this skill even if it is resisted will apply the Interrupts inductions effect.
    If you use it multiple times, you can interrupt multiple inductions. That it is all. To the second half, I'm not sure. I barely see it resisted. But, if the target is immune to the daze, you can still interrupt induction (you will see immune about the target because of the immunity to the daze).

When I click on a skill its border starts moving showing you that this skill will be executed. But how to take it off/stop it so the skill to not be executed when it is ready? Can you tell me all possible ways of stopping an “Induction”?
    Escape or make a move (like jump or step forwards/backwards/...)

Can you tell me all possible ways of Targeting and Untargeting somebody and/or something?
    With TAB you can target enemies. You get the nearest enemy as target. With multiple times pushed, you go from nearest to the furthest enemy. Shift+Tab in reverse order. F1 is you 2xF1 your pet, 3xF1 your skirmish soldier (if you don't have pet or soldier, it is just you). F2-F6 members of your group and there is also combination for members of the second group if you are in the raid.
    You can click also on your/pets/soldiers/members vitals to take them into target.

There is also under social contacts -> raid a possibility for assistance window. If it is checked, you are in the group/raid and the leader choose a one or more persons as target-choosers (or how it s called in English), then you can see what they have in the target. By clicking on their targets you will target them also.

Or just left click on mouse...

Is around 0:47 by me, so if there is something which you don't understand or it makes no sense, just ask once more.
    Dernière modification par Estelrandir ; 14/08/2013 à 04h08.

The answers

you seek

are out there.

All you gotta do is look.

Not mentioned in that last one, sometimes right-clicking works if the skill is stubbornly refusing to come off of a toggle.

Citation Envoyé par Blanchet Voir le message

Two responses:

1) I'm afraid there is actually a far greater issue here. The phrase "Interrupts inductions" is a sentence fragment. While the phrase itself is an adequately formed predicate, the subject to which it should refer is conspicuously absent. Its context strongly suggests to the reader that the phrase pertains to Blinding Flash, but the blatant disregard for grammar shown by the author creates an egregious opportunity for uncertainty. Two simple words, "This skill", is it all it would have taken to prevent this confusion. That the author chose not to include them shows nothing but laziness and contempt for us, the players. How dare he/her/they! Be not worried, however. Upon testing, it can be confirmed Blinding Flash does indeed interrupt inductions. Many orcs were tested. With that problem solved, let us move on to the issue you chose to focus on.

Let's begin by reviewing a couple of grammatical rules. The Free Dictionary tells us that the plural form of a noun is used when an author intends to reference a group composed of common members. The use of the plural in this case indicates that Blinding Flash can affect multiple induction skills found in the game. The associated verb further reinforces this assumption as it too is of a plural form. From grammarbook.com: "The basic rule states that a singular subject takes a singular verb, while a plural subject takes a plural verb". That we find a plural verb along with a plural noun clearly demonstrates that the author intended to communicate that Blinding Flash will interrupt--at the least--two and possibly more inductions found in the game.

Hmm. This reveals another problem. The phrase is clearly plural, and yet, it does not specify how plural. If Blinding Flash can interrupt all inductions, the author most certainly had the opportunity to make that clear, but they chose not to. That leaves us with the inescapable possibility that there exist induction skills that Blinding Flash cannot interrupt.

I therefore propose a new thread. The tasks will be two-fold. First, every skill that has an induction should be listed. That should include all skills able to be executed by landscape enemies, instance enemies, monster player characters, and player characters. After all skills are known, each should be tested, preferably with video evidence. It will be tedious and difficult, but it must be done for the good of the community. After an exact subset is identified, a new phrase--no, a sentence, excuse me--should be crafted to fit into the tool-tip identifying the precise skills that Blinding Flash can affect. For certainty, Truth, and SCIENCE!

2) Are you kidding? You're over-analyzing it dude.

If you're hell-bent on finding exactly how things work, here are some things you might want to read:

Posts by Graalx2

Posts by Zombie_Columbus

Patch notes

Developer Diaries

Dev twitter chats and official releases
    Feb 21 here
    Jan 26 here
    Dec 20 here

To put it bluntly though, expecting perfection will only lead to frustration. The only way to ever know precisely how the game works would be to get a look at the source code, and that ain't gonna happen. Even if you could, things change. Often. That's why you sometimes see things that don't jive like the wiki page on Wisdom of the Council.

The things you're asking about become a lot easier to understand with time. Some of what you're asking about doesn't even matter. Sounds like you find enjoyment in figuring out puzzles, but you could try just playing a bit. Have a little fun. It could all change in a few months anyway when the class revamps hit.

I find the game is much more enjoyable to learn by playing!

Hello again everybody, I see TONS of yummie things again provided from you : ).

I know part of the history of the “Wisdom of the Council” you mentioned “Estelrandir”, but I like receiving any kind of valuable and interesting info, so, all is usefull. Yes, experience tells us that “Healer” affects “Outgoing Healing” (but not totally), but the problem and problems come from the fact and facts that the description itself DOESN’T say nor show how “Healer” actually works and which skills and abilities affects! http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Healer_%28Trait%29 “Healer: You gain a number of bonuses to your healing and restorative skills. -15% Healing, Cure, and Power Restoration Skills Power Costs, -50% Healing Skills Induction, +10% Healing” – That’s all! And the description, and the bonuses say that the skill “Wisdom of the Council” WILL heal the target for +60% Morale, not only 50% if you have “Healer” equipped”! The skill “Share the Power” WILL heal +10% more power. The skill “Knowledge of Power” WILL drain +10% more power. The racial skill “Strength of Morale” WILL heal +10% more morale and so on.

Another example on the Healer’s healing part: “Inner Flame” is affected from the 10% healing! Yes, “Inner Flame” is Outgoing Healing, but not only! It Drains, then it does Outgoing Healing and then Incoming Healing and as well it does at the same time Outgoing/Incoming Healing towards the caster. If we add and the -15% to the power cost from “Healer”, I don’t know does it affect the “Inner Flame” basic power cost and its power cost per pulse, but it should be! If it doesn’t affect both or the pulse/s power costs it is either because the trait/skill is bugged, either the devs want it to be that way, either the 4 power cost is too small to be counted with the -15%.

You are all very experienced players. You’ve been too long time here in the game and that’s why you just get used to the nonsenses of the game (devs). But if we don’t “insist” the devs to fix/change it, they won’t do it!

Yes, I know all of this about the Will, Tactical Mastery and Outgoing Healing, just the problem/s is that it is again not made correct from the devs! Hovering over Will, you see that it “increases Outgoing Healing Rating”, but there ISN”T Outgoing Healing present on the Tooltip of Will stat! Hovering over the Tactical Mastery you see that it “increases Outgoing Healing” and this time, yes, there is “Outgoing Healing” present on the Tooltip (it is shown only the percentage, duno does it have to show and the rating/stats)! So, a simple change is needed here and it is, they just have to delete the message “increases Outgoing Healing” from the Will Tooltip description! Since, Outgoing Healing COMES from Tactical Mastery and Tactical Mastery COMES from Will, all is and will be clear.

“Estelrandir: Escape or make a move (like jump or step forwards/backwards/...)” Ah… about “Escape” button I never thought for interrupting inductions (it’s just too far from me^^). And I LOVE YOU ! You let me to an idea, an answer to my first question for a way/s how to cancel queue! So, hitting “Escape” stops the boarder of the skill/s to move, so, they won’t execute when they are not intended to. This doesn’t clear the picture (problems existing in the game about this part), but till the devs fix them it is something, better than nothing : ), THANK YOU!

Ah, ah, ah… never could guess that there are such options in this game, Thank you a lot ! Will have to get used with the F1 (Formula Einz). I don’t play Skirmishes, so, no chance that I could understand that there exist such option for the skirmish soldier, so, it is very usefull, Thank you : )!

I read the patchnotes about the Lore-master and some more there from your first link “kriskrosed”. Resistance is also read, still some info is missing, but maybe with the time the devs will complete their job and will give us the info which they have to give us ! “Resistance: Provides a chance of avoiding all effects” is just not sufficing enough for the players to determine what it does the stat itself and what it doesn’t. Will tell you something interesting, since the players called the buffs/debuffs “effects” probably the Devs took the phrase from the players to make it more intuitive and easy for the players to understand it, which led to a catastrophy which wasn’t intended at first place . But that’s it when there is lack, broken or bad communication. But even if the Devs made their job and descript the stat properly, the players got messed themselves with creating the word “effects” again thanks to the lack, broken or bad communication between devs and players – neverending story. Simply, they had/have to put in brackets (or without) what “all effects” means and what it doesn’t (Tactical attacks and effects from Fire, Lightning, Frost, Acid, Shadow, Light, Cry, Song, etc; - since I can’t remember all, but all have to be listed). And I got these ideas: another way to see what can be Tacticaly resisted and what b/p/e resisted is by checking the description of Finesse. Another one is, in my opinion, there aren’t hidden stats as many of the players there suggest for Resistance. You can see all possible resistances if you combine different skills, stats and classes: “Knowledge of the Lore-master” shows Physical Resistance, Tactical Resistance, Cry Resistance and Song Resistance. Finesse is Resistance which lowers the Resistance and the Block/Parry/Evade Resistance of the Melee/Physical enemies/targets. “Knowledge of Cures” cures Disease and Wound Resistance. Minstrels can cure Fear Resistance. Hunters can cure Poison Resistance. Tactical Mitigation: Fire, Lightning, Frost, Acid and Shadow (no Light is shown there, but it must be). So, all is there, nothing is missing. Anyway…

I got this idea and question: If we attack an enemy and it says “Immune” then we can’t harm with such kind of skills towards this enemy, but if it says “Resist”, that means we can still harm the enemy when we don’t get resisted, right?

The third link I also read (I got the look ; )), but the Original poster talks about something which many players don’t understand which is very strange and very normal at the same time. The author is talking about creating an option in the Option panel which to allow canceling of the queue of the skills. Later the author is also suggesting of creating an option (second one) which to allow disabling or enabling of the queue of the skills. And what I am talking about “kriskrosed” and “Estelrandir” is creating of a third option which to allow us to “CANCEL” the queue (the boarder of the skill/s to stop moving so the skill/s to not execute as not intended by mistake, by stress or any other means) simply by clicking with the left and/or right-mouse button onto the skill. Same can be done and with hitting the appropriate corresponding keyboard’s button for the keyboards users. And what I did say earlier was, thanks to “Estelrandir” telling me which are the options to cancel/interrupt induction, he gave me the idea how I can “Cancel” a skill queue, and which so far is the only possible way to do it in the game! Rep + for the support : )! Note: I don’t know is the “queue” the right word, but since the players there use this word, I am using it, but still explaining what I do mean.

From all this I got and another similar idea which has to affect the “Inductions”! At present clicking with the left or right-mouse button onto the Blue induction bar doesn’t cancel the Induction of the skill/s! But when playing Garth Agarwen, the Red Maid instance and you take the urn (or whatever it is the item to summon her) and you click with the right-mouse button onto the Blue induction bar, you do indeed cancel the induction, so, finally you are FREE YAY^^ and can join the battle to “Purify” the water.

Thanks to all of this, from experimenting I found something interesting (you might know it, or not, but for sure will have people who don’t know it and who may find it very useful or not so : )), by clicking on a skill with the left-mouse button will execute/activate the skill or will set it on “stand by” for another execution/activation. But if you click the skill with the right-mouse button the skill itself will execute/activate twice, one after the other! But if the skill is not yet recharged and you click with the right-mouse button, the skill will execute/activate only once (same like if you did click on the skill with the left-mouse button).

“kriskrosed”, the clicking with the right-mouse button never works for me. The skills toggles/queues are too stubborn for me till they kill me, even beyond ^^, :’( - DEVS, HELP!!!

About “Blinding Flash”, “Estelrandir”, you can’t use this skill multiple times, because it has 15 seconds Cooldown, 30 seconds duration and 1 second Induction. But even if you break the Daze effect there are still the long Cooldown and the Induction, which makes the skill not spammable to make the skill as close as possible to its description. “kriskrosed”, you are partly correct. “This skill” is not needed because “Interrupts inductions” is in the Tooltip of the “Blinding Flash” itself, it is a single target skill on top of that, so, there is no need to be added anything in addition: Blinding Flash: Interrupts inductions… The problem and problems come only from the second part “Inductions”! “kriskrosed: If Blinding Flash can interrupt all inductions, the author most certainly had the opportunity to make that clear, but they chose not to”. That’s not necessary, it isn’t always the case! They might simply don’t know and/or didn’t and don’t want to bother fixing it when and if it is broken.

I had the same idea like you since long ago, plus a few others. If it is written “inductions”, can anybody cast more than one skill at the same time? As well, can the skill “interrupt” a skill, stance, aura, whatever there is at the same time? And the last one, same as you, are there skills, stances, auras, whatever which cannot be interrupted from this or any other skill? But if we have to go deeply into it, it could means that the skill Interrupts our own inductions and/or skills: “You shall not pass” ^^. Don’t bother opening a thread and testing all that what you are saying, that’s incredibly insane waste of time and resources, etc (I am not discouraging you, just supporting). All this is ONLY the Devs job to make the skill and all skills and stats visible, clear, understandable and workable – our job is to have fun and just coming here to have some more fun : ).

2) Yes, was actually kidding (but can’t put smiles, the forum doesn’t allow us, free-speech police detected). I put the idea of the “Blinding Flash” in the first place just to show that many things (simple and not so) are out there and the devs need to pay more attention, etc. Personally, I wasn’t, nor I am bothered with this skill, because even if the description is wrong, that’s not important for me, the skill itself works (on 100% or not, doesn’t matter).

About the last few links provided:
    “Posts by Graalx2; Posts by Zombie Columbus don’t work. I got this message: “Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms”. The rest of the links work, I read already some of them and eager to read more other and so interesting : )! I am not that interested in such “twitter devs-players chats, bla bla bla forms, but I do read the 20 questions/answers every time (more certain info there).

“Stubbins”. I totally vote for that and that’s why I am doing it : ).

To make the things some more clearer, I am not chasing nor trying to follow perfection in this game. You do think that I am searching and trying to achieve perfection and which is not the case at all and that’s why we do have some misunderstandings. I simply, “by playing the game and having fun” with it got stuck on some options from it to which I didn’t have nor was able to find answers for a very long time and that’s why decided to come here and see to what I can find help and to what I can’t find answers and solutions. The evidence which I can provide you is, if I was trying to achieve perfection, I would write and write, and write, and write much, much, much more and which I didn’t, nor want to, nor you want to . On contrary of your thinking about my “perfection” I can tell you that I am having lots of fun playing the game and even being at the forum talking to you – nice chat, nice and very valuable info, ideas got here and ONLY from here, from you, Thank you : )!

As always, a few things.

If you expect that with the game you get also manual with 1000 pages to learn how everything works, then it will not happen.

Will +outgoing healing: Will inscrease outgoing healing through tact. mastery, so description is good.

I got this idea and question: If we attack an enemy and it says “Immune” then we can’t harm with such kind of skills towards this enemy, but if it says “Resist”, that means we can still harm the enemy when we don’t get resisted, right?
    Immune means immune. Resisted means resisted. Example. Most bosses are immune against cc like stun. E.g. you will use Light of rising dawn and you will see: inflected dmg + immune because you can't stun the target. If it would be resisted, then you would see just "resisted", nothing more.

From all this I got and another similar idea which has to affect the “Inductions”! At present clicking with the left or right-mouse button onto the Blue induction bar doesn’t cancel the Induction of the skill/s! But when playing Garth Agarwen, the Red Maid instance and you take the urn (or whatever it is the item to summon her) and you click with the right-mouse button onto the Blue induction bar, you do indeed cancel the induction, so, finally you are FREE YAY^^ and can join the battle to “Purify” the water.
    There is a little difference between induction and carrying things. The animation is same, that is all.

About “Blinding Flash”, “Estelrandir”, you can’t use this skill multiple times, because it has 15 seconds Cooldown, 30 seconds duration and 1 second Induction...
    After 15s you can use it again and interrupt some induction, after next 15s you can use it again and interrupt ... and so on. You used it multiple times and interrupted multiple inductions.

Maybe one tip: Here you can ask the devs fot upcoming changes. So, you can ask them if they intend to rework all description to avoid your missunderstanding.

Graalx2

Zombie_Columbs

Click on the "Find Latest Posts" link under their names in the table on the left. These are two devs that have provided insight into how the engine that drives the game works. Lots of things you find bouncing around the forums, like how finesse and resistance work, can be traced back to their posts. Graalx2 no longer works for Turbine though.

Blinding flash interrupts inductions: Aka the skill can interrupt inductions in general, not that it can interrupt multiple inductions at once. If the skill is resisted induction will not be interrupted. But as mentioned above u must be really unlucky to see BF resisted.

About Finesse. All it does is bypassing(not reducing) enemy defenses (b/p/e/r, not cd) for the skill u r currently using at any given time.

Resistance: It gives you a chance to ignore an effect. Either the whole skill(if u resist the initial attack) or any other pulse of the debuff u already got on you. Its like every debuff that is targeted towards you, passes a resistance check. Game randomly (like rolls) based on the resistance rating you have will decide whether the debuff will affect you or not.

Resistance types? : It goes with the skill. If a skill has a dmging effect and a debuffing effect the resistance type of the skill is that of the dmging effect. eg. burning embers: the slow is not checked by debuff resistances but by fire ones.
    EDIT: WF passes a debuffing check

Resistance Book legacies: They stack like following. Lets take BE for example again. When u throw a BE on your enemy it will bypass your targets resistances by X from Finesse.
    It will bypass them further further by Y from dmg skills resistance debuff legacy, and by Z coz of fire resistance legacy. So the amount of enemy resistance u will bypass will be X+Y+Z
    EDIT: it doesn't recognize the symbol. X+Y+Z must be bigger or equal to 0, as the enemy resistances that will be accounted for after subtracting X,Y,Z. That cant go lower than zero either

About healer.

I can't say a thing about how inner flame is affected by healing ratings as i rarely use it and almost never check its results when i do.
    Wisdom of the Council. Before the update it was affected by healing ratings. Since its 50% of max morale as base now its gotten a little weird but i think it is not affected at all by any trait or healing ratings. A few weeks back when i was in tank mode it healed me for nearly 20k(little below my max morale at the time) and i only had 23k tact mastery.

WF: Affected by IHR
    BoH: Affected by IHR and OHR
    WL: affected by IHR and OHR

Power share skills are considered healing skills and take benefits from healer trait. I haven't checked though if OHR affects it, but it should.

Iirc something about pets sharing from our stats was mentioned. That could not be possible cause we have different kind of pets that need different stats and this would cause problems. Like bear needs more armor, raven more evade chance, lynx crit rating etc... But it would be nice if we had their stats. If Turbine posted them somewhere a link would be nice but as far as i am concerned they haven't.
    Dernière modification par Pithrandir ; 20/08/2013 à 04h11.

Thank you everybody for the great information you provided and thank you Pithrandir for the last input of very usefull ideas! Wish you all a great venturing in Middle Earth and farewell Great Lore-Masters!

Règles de messages