Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 5 sur 5

Discussion: Need help with Traits

Lightbulb Need help with Traits

I made a warden and I want to tank style play but I don't know how to trait. I need help on how to trait the tanking line any help would be nice.

Well for leveling, traiting for damage is probably the best idea.
    For tanking, the most important traits are imho +2 heal pulses, combat positioning (+evade, 1% heal per evade), +3 tragets for f-f and +10 seconds shield buff duration, another random blue trait, the red trait with +parry and power return on parry and the yellow trait terrible visage (+threat).
    As legendary traits I use Grandmaster Weapon Training in cobination with a sword (+4% parry for free), Defiant Challenge and the blue capstone.

Sorry, missing some skillnames in english, but you should get the idea.

Well, for leveling spear line is a good idea, but I'm always grouping, even when leveling (general consensus is that this is the best way to learn how to tank, and it's fun), so I still trait blue. For tanking, I use perseverance (+2 hot pulses), the +10% chance for shield builder to trigger block buff, +10s to shield line block buffs, improved never surrender, and combat positioning. For the other two slots, I use +2 pulses to morale taps, and terrible visage for the extra threat. Terrible visage is optional, but highly recommended. You could also switch it out for +power on parry, but I'd stick with extra threat, because less time getting agro means more time hitting buffs and heals.

If you're still leveling up, traiting Spear (red-line) will probably be more beneficial as you'll unlock those traits first just from gambit use. But don't neglect the gambits that will unlock your Shield (blue-line) traits. For me I duo'd with my wife's minstrel so I pretty much leveled up as a tank. So when/if you're ready for tanking, trait 5 blues of your choice and 2 others. Below are the traits I keep slotted.

• Combat Positioning (+Evade for Gambits; Morale Heal on Evades)
    • Efficient Shieldwork (Reduced power costs on Shield Gambits)
    • Perseverance (+2 Self-Heal Pulses)
    • Shield Trickery (+10% chance to apply shield builder bonuses)
    • Ward of Justice (+3 Goad Targets)
    • Terrible Visage (+Threat in Determination Stance)
    • A Keen Response (+Parry for Wall of Steel; Power Restore on Parries)
    • Way of the Shield (+Heal Pulses, +% Heals)
    • Defiant Challenge (Mitigation buff for oh carp moments or when I feel like making huge pulls)
    • Grand Master Weapons Training (+Parry bonus for swords)

I realize a lot of wardens use Wary Blocks for the extra duration on gambits that have +block effects. I'm not finding it too difficult to keep buffs up without the extra 10 seconds so I figured the extra targets when I actually use Goad was more preferable for me. I also still see some wardens use Strong Voice for less resist on fist gambits. Unless they've changed something recently, I think the threat component of fist gambits still gets applied even if the gambit itself misses or gets resisted. If I'm wrong, someone let me know. I think I'd still prefer just keeping a decent Finesse rating instead though.
    [105] Gentoo [WRD] · Adilae [CHM] · Svenrisa [BRG] · Svenrid [LRM] | Svenric [BRG] · Svengo [HNT] · Sveorn [BRN] · Svenrysa [GRD] · Svenrica [WRD]
    Easily Amused · Gladden · "If I'm not having fun, I must be doing it wrong."

Citation Envoyé par wannabe_falconer Voir le message
    Terrible visage is optional, but highly recommended.
    Everyone has their own preferences, but I'd rather tank without the shield capstone than tank without terrible visage. Threat output is so much greater with this trait that even though in many situations you could still hold aggro without it, the amount of options it opens up through not having to use as many threat gambits is huge. Personally, I'd consider it a toss-up between TV and Perseverance as the most important class traits for tanking.

Citation Envoyé par SvenNiscadae Voir le message
    If you're still leveling up, traiting Spear (red-line) will probably be more beneficial as you'll unlock those traits first just from gambit use. But don't neglect the gambits that will unlock your Shield (blue-line) traits. For me I duo'd with my wife's minstrel so I pretty much leveled up as a tank. So when/if you're ready for tanking, trait 5 blues of your choice and 2 others. Below are the traits I keep slotted.

• Combat Positioning (+Evade for Gambits; Morale Heal on Evades)
    • Efficient Shieldwork (Reduced power costs on Shield Gambits)
    • Perseverance (+2 Self-Heal Pulses)
    • Shield Trickery (+10% chance to apply shield builder bonuses)
    • Ward of Justice (+3 Goad Targets)
    • Terrible Visage (+Threat in Determination Stance)
    • A Keen Response (+Parry for Wall of Steel; Power Restore on Parries)
    • Way of the Shield (+Heal Pulses, +% Heals)
    • Defiant Challenge (Mitigation buff for oh carp moments or when I feel like making huge pulls)
    • Grand Master Weapons Training (+Parry bonus for swords)

I realize a lot of wardens use Wary Blocks for the extra duration on gambits that have +block effects. I'm not finding it too difficult to keep buffs up without the extra 10 seconds so I figured the extra targets when I actually use Goad was more preferable for me. I also still see some wardens use Strong Voice for less resist on fist gambits. Unless they've changed something recently, I think the threat component of fist gambits still gets applied even if the gambit itself misses or gets resisted. If I'm wrong, someone let me know. I think I'd still prefer just keeping a decent Finesse rating instead though.
    Obviously a lot of this comes down to personal preference. I like wary blocks (+10 duration) over Ward of justice as my own skill patterns while tanking basically never use Goad, unless i'm using it for potency, in which case I'm not really concerned with hitting extra targets, so it adds nothing to my skill useage. Wary blocks on the other hand I like since it means less time 'rebuilding' buffs with new mob pulls since sometimes that extra 10s means enduring expert shield use doesn't wear off. Granted most content now is just massive chain pulls with morale tap spam covering our required healing, but being able to start difficult pulls with an extra 4% block chance now and again is very nice.

Règles de messages