Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 2 sur 2 PremièrePremière 1 2
Affichage des résultats 26 à 40 sur 40
    I think situations affect everything, have common sense and a little courtesy. I hate zergers. When I'm running around solo and a group of 6 creeps attack me, they seem very scum-bag-y. I never participate in zergs on either side just because I think it's ridiculously unfair to soloers. I also don't attack rank 0s unless they attack me first, and I'll often show them how easy it is for me to beat them and give them a chance to run. I feel like there should be a few more "un-written" rules. CD's are fair in some situations, others they might not be. I say we should all just have fun and kill the #### out of eachother, but have some respect and decency and be a good sport about it.
    '

Citation Envoyé par ColorSpecs Voir le message
    @ OP

Pop every skill you have. Gear the best you can. Trait the way that gives you the best chance to win. Use pots, food, scrolls. Use every store bought item that tickles your fancy. Scratch, claw, bite, and crawl to beat your opponent.

I was once given very good advice about the ettenmoors: It's not sport. It's war, and in war you want to kill your opponent. So kill him, as swiftly as possible and without mercy. And when you're done with him, find another one and kill that S.O.B. too.

PvMP has a large population of children in it. And children worry about fair. Life ain't fair, neither is Pvmp. Kill 'em all if you can. And if they squeal at you because you're killing them, then you know you're doing it right.
    Perhaps an example would help you.

There is this champ on my server (not naming names), but he is r12 and famous creepside for bubbling...a lot. i was at an impromptu 1v1 circle of sorts, and he challenged me. Even though I'm r10, I'm certainly not a good player, and I also main a warg. Now he challenged me, and I fully expected him to win. What i did not expect was for him to pop a bubble everytime he lost about 2k morale...no matter how many times I died and came back to fight, he would never let himself get below 6k morale. After he 1v1d a reaver and blew all his CD's however, I decided to have a go. After a terribly long 1v1 where he popped bubbles, but I managed to kite them, by avoiding his sprint when it came off CD, I was dead, but he was at 200 morale, with 3 DoT's ticking on him. He, however, felt the need (after killing me around 4-5 times) to pop not only dire need, but a bubble to ensure he won.

When he shows up at 1v1s from time to time, nobody will ever 1v1 him....so he gained about 200 renown killing me...and lost quite a lot more by gaining that reputation. Now, to each his own, so if you follow your "win at all costs", good luck. I'm just trying to help you understand there may be repercussions from people who don't agree with that.

@ OP

Pop every skill you have..
    if you are awful and enjoy points above challenge, sure. Which is ironic because after you follow that philosophy you won't make any points when people don't fight you.

The problem isn't about winning, it's truly about a fair fight. If my R6 warg goes after an RK and is stunlocked the entire fight, how is this fair, or fun. I have absolutely zero chance of doing damage to them. This is not dependent on their skill level, or rank, purely an unfair advantage they have against me. A rank zero RK can come into the moors with great gear, hit armor of storm, and for 20 seconds of the fight have me locked down. A warg does most of his damage with MANY small hits, rather than just a few skills as with other classes. So a 30% chance on every damage skill results in a 5s daze very often and that is a very unfair advantage against an opponent that was not gained based on rank or skill, simply a button they pressed. An RK can use crit multipliers for epic conclusions and hit me for 9k+. With only a 15k morale pool, being perma-dazed, and just hit for 9k morale, please tell me how this is in any way a fair fight? Yes as a warg I can hps and get away, but that doesn't change the fact that I can't kill this RK when these skills are used. This skill is only a 3m cd and can be popped as often as DC that so many people complain about with wardens, but without the long animation that can dpsed through.

What we are talking about is purely skills and cd's that prevent you from killing a freep. I ran into a mini the other day, I dpsed through 50k morale before I was able to kill it, THAT IS INSANE!!! I hit a cappy with 11k morale for 12k damage, and guess what, he still had 8k morale at the end of the fight. I promise you if I had actually got him below 2k morale he would have still popped LS. HOW IS THIS FUN?? When you don't choose these fights and enter them knowing you have zero chance of winning, hps is on cd and you are just hoping support arrives....

Hps doesn't win us a fight, only a way to get away or get another stun. Many creep classes don't have I win skills. We can't pop "I DON'T DIE" skill and heal back to full health. The problem is the mentality of the freeps who hit these skills rather than accept the fact they got beat. Swallow your pride and accept you got outskilled by a low rank creep, or he got the drop on you. My freep is a warden, and I don't pop DC every time I get jumped by wargs. If there are a few I'll pop NS, that's a single heal back to ~6k morale. I take the mindset, well I'm getting ganked but i'm taking some of them with me. I don't think I have to survive this, i accept that I should die in this situation. The mentality of freeps is rarely this, it's "We must not lose a single freep", and do anything to save a freep life. A champ blowing 3 bubbles and dire need in a fight is expected, while they are shing-shingy me for 4k morale a pop.

Get rid of these garbage skills that have no use in the moors.. please. Accept you got beat, swallow your pride and stop making these skills make up for your lack of skill or tactics. I had the jump on you, I had you down to 2k morale, I brought friends.. you should accept that and move on rather than rely on your training wheel skills to survive.

Citation Envoyé par lucky100x Voir le message
    Perhaps an example would help you.

There is this champ on my server (not naming names), but he is r12 and famous creepside for bubbling...a lot. i was at an impromptu 1v1 circle of sorts, and he challenged me. Even though I'm r10, I'm certainly not a good player, and I also main a warg. Now he challenged me, and I fully expected him to win. What i did not expect was for him to pop a bubble everytime he lost about 2k morale...no matter how many times I died and came back to fight, he would never let himself get below 6k morale. After he 1v1d a reaver and blew all his CD's however, I decided to have a go. After a terribly long 1v1 where he popped bubbles, but I managed to kite them, by avoiding his sprint when it came off CD, I was dead, but he was at 200 morale, with 3 DoT's ticking on him. He, however, felt the need (after killing me around 4-5 times) to pop not only dire need, but a bubble to ensure he won.

When he shows up at 1v1s from time to time, nobody will ever 1v1 him....so he gained about 200 renown killing me...and lost quite a lot more by gaining that reputation. Now, to each his own, so if you follow your "win at all costs", good luck. I'm just trying to help you understand there may be repercussions from people who don't agree with that.
    All I can think here is you're unhappy because you lost. Sorry. Don't agree to fight this champ then. You can't criticize someone for playing the way turbine has designed them to be played (you can but you'll look like a crybaby). Now, if turbine comes along and nerfs champs and then this fellow switches to another class, or quits, then yes, have at him. But he's not responsible for your happiness. You are, and to a degree Turbine is. And I wouldn't worry too much about his ability to get fights, he is r12 after all, right? He had to get his points somehow. And keeping it real, you're not concerned about his ability to find fights anyway, are you?

Citation Envoyé par Thorandril Voir le message
    if you are awful and enjoy points above challenge, sure. Which is ironic because after you follow that philosophy you won't make any points when people don't fight you.
    Never heard of anyone in the moors ever being stuck at rank because they literally could not find people to fight; even on the smallest servers. If you want to self-nerf because you feel you don't need it to win, good for you, that's very honorable. If you want your opponent to nerf themselves to give you a chance, that's pathetic.

Citation Envoyé par AaronIU Voir le message
    The problem isn't about winning, it's truly about a fair fight. If my R6 warg goes after an RK and is stunlocked the entire fight, how is this fair, or fun. I have absolutely zero chance of doing damage to them. This is not dependent on their skill level, or rank, purely an unfair advantage they have against me. A rank zero RK can come into the moors with great gear, hit armor of storm, and for 20 seconds of the fight have me locked down. A warg does most of his damage with MANY small hits, rather than just a few skills as with other classes. So a 30% chance on every damage skill results in a 5s daze very often and that is a very unfair advantage against an opponent that was not gained based on rank or skill, simply a button they pressed. An RK can use crit multipliers for epic conclusions and hit me for 9k+. With only a 15k morale pool, being perma-dazed, and just hit for 9k morale, please tell me how this is in any way a fair fight? Yes as a warg I can hps and get away, but that doesn't change the fact that I can't kill this RK when these skills are used. This skill is only a 3m cd and can be popped as often as DC that so many people complain about with wardens, but without the long animation that can dpsed through.
    From what I see by wargs (at least ones that make RKs work for their kill) is that they pop a stun pot followed by a brand against AoS. Basically, makes the 20s duration down to ~2s of actual stun time. Since most of your issue above seems to be with AoS that's one way to nullify it. Or once you see the AoS go up, disappear and wait it out then pounce again that gives you 2 minutes to kill the RK without having to deal with AoS. Maybe that will help. Maybe not.

What we are talking about is purely skills and cd's that prevent you from killing a freep. I ran into a mini the other day, I dpsed through 50k morale before I was able to kill it...
    Ummm, not really helping your complaint. You seem to be advocating you should have an EASIER time "killing it".

Accept you got beat, swallow your pride and stop making these skills make up for your lack of skill or tactics. I had the jump on you, I had you down to 2k morale, I brought friends.. you should accept that and move on rather than rely on your training wheel skills to survive.
    LOL?

Freeps are "OP". We all know this so pick your side accordingly and move on. Knowingly picking to play the UP side then being upset about being UP is kinda silly, don't ya think? Enjoy the first few months of HD. Seems creep are typically closest to freeps when a new expansion comes out then as updates are released things get...worse.

Never heard of anyone in the moors ever being stuck at rank because they literally could not find people to fight; even on the smallest servers.
    have you played on the smaller servers? the populations are piddly at the best of times. so it certainly could be, granted if 1v1's were the only present option.

If you want your opponent to nerf themselves to give you a chance, that's pathetic.
    yeah not what I'm getting at, but I wouldn't deign to use that word in light of your previous advice

have you played on the smaller servers? the populations are piddly at the best of times. so it certainly could be, granted if 1v1's were the only present option. yeah not what I'm getting at, but I wouldn't deign to use that word in light of your previous advice
    I do play on a small server. And are you really that concerned about whether the person you are mad at is able to find fights? That's very magnanimous of you.

I do play on a small server. And are you really that concerned about whether the person you are mad at is able to find fights? That's very magnanimous of you.
    implying
    >i care enough to be mad
    >>hurr durr u cared enough 2 post bruh

Etc etc

how very boring of you, anyways i don't see you claiming my points are illegitimate or invalid in any way so i'll duck out before the more obvious misdirects show up

All I can think here is you're unhappy because you lost. Sorry. Don't agree to fight this champ then. You can't criticize someone for playing the way turbine has designed them to be played (you can but you'll look like a crybaby). Now, if turbine comes along and nerfs champs and then this fellow switches to another class, or quits, then yes, have at him. But he's not responsible for your happiness. You are, and to a degree Turbine is. And I wouldn't worry too much about his ability to get fights, he is r12 after all, right? He had to get his points somehow. And keeping it real, you're not concerned about his ability to find fights anyway, are you?
    Perhaps I was a little upset at the way this champ played, however, you're suggestion to me is EXACTLY what my post was about, which makes me wonder how well you actually read it.

Now, I did criticize this champ for playing the way he does, not because it killed me, but because he still expects to show up at 1v1 circles in glory, and have people fight him. When a creep will not fight him, he laughs and mocks them on freep glff. Albeit I should've put that part in, but it wasn't necessary I thought. My whole point (which you missed somehow) was warning the OP that when you use these tactics, there are consequences, mainly a bad rep from many players.

P.S I'm not all that worried about his ability to find fights, he shows up in raids from time to time, mainly when they're camping grams (not turning this into a camping grams thread, creeeps camp as well)

implying
    >i care enough to be mad
    >>hurr durr u cared enough 2 post bruh

Etc etc

how very boring of you, anyways i don't see you claiming my points are illegitimate or invalid in any way so i'll duck out before the more obvious misdirects show up
    No, the implication is that you are trying to disguise the fact that you're upset that you lost by warning the player that beat you that no one will want to fight him. Its kind of like your post here when you're trying to hide the fact that we both know you're full of sh*t behind sarcasm and flaming. Neither is working, fyi.

I'm thinking Pvmp just isn't your thing kiddo.

Perhaps I was a little upset at the way this champ played.
    So you're mad that you died, I identified that you're mad that you died, and you admit that you were mad that you died.

Again, like the other guy, don't pvp, its too stressful for you.

So you're mad that you died, I identified that you're mad that you died, and you admit that you were mad that you died.

Again, like the other guy, don't pvp, its too stressful for you.
    Now, I could stoop to your level, and trade useless, egotistical insults with strangers on a forum, but I'd much rather advise you to start reading peoples posts before you reply to them.
    The fact that when the champ killed me I went (well that kind've sucks...oh well) would not classify as being stressful. The fact that you hone in on the least important part of my post (misinterpreting it completely) shows me that you are unable to respond to the actual point of my post.

Have fun making yourself feel better, I hope it does you some good.

Now, I could stoop to your level, and trade useless, egotistical insults with strangers on a forum, but I'd much rather advise you to start reading peoples posts before you reply to them.
    The fact that when the champ killed me I went (well that kind've sucks...oh well) would not classify as being stressful. The fact that you hone in on the least important part of my post (misinterpreting it completely) shows me that you are unable to respond to the actual point of my post.

Have fun making yourself feel better, I hope it does you some good.
    What are you talking about? I'm not trying to insult you. If you find that I believe your root issue is that you can't handle dying in the ettenmoors insulting, then I can't help you.

Remember, you responded to me, buddy. And just because my response to you don't make you happy, doesn't mean that I'm intentionally trolling you. You've said yourself how dying makes you feel. You can try and massage the truth of it now if you want to, whatever works for you. But basically you're doing with me, the same type of crying you seem to be doing with this champ. You can't process conflict, whether its pvmp or these forums. Take ownership of that and learn from that rather than trying to foist responsibility for your feelings on others.

What are you talking about? I'm not trying to insult you. If you find that I believe your root issue is that you can't handle dying in the ettenmoors insulting, then I can't help you.

Remember, you responded to me, buddy. And just because my response to you don't make you happy, doesn't mean that I'm intentionally trolling you. You've said yourself how dying makes you feel. You can try and massage the truth of it now if you want to, whatever works for you. But basically you're doing with me, the same type of crying you seem to be doing with this champ. You can't process conflict, whether its pvmp or these forums. Take ownership of that and learn from that rather than trying to foist responsibility for your feelings on others.
    You really are quite the character.

First off, you responded to my post about helping the OP.

Next we've gone to me being "a little bummed out I didn't win for a second, and then forgot about it" to "crying about the champ". At this point in time, it's clear to me you will continue to make up feelings for other people. I'm done derailing this thread, although I'm sure you aren't and will reply to my post by creating some other lie about things I never said.

I wish you all the best in life, and look foward to your next deluded reply.
    Best of luck.

No, the implication is that you are trying to disguise the fact that you're upset that you lost by warning the player that beat you that no one will want to fight him. Its kind of like your post here when you're trying to hide the fact that we both know you're full of sh*t behind sarcasm and flaming. Neither is working, fyi.

I'm thinking Pvmp just isn't your thing kiddo.

pretty much no on every account in addition to missing my initial point, one could say the same about whatever insight you think you have into the situation i suppose.

reckon if you need big CD's to win the same holds true for you to a greater degree, but i suppose that's called a difference of opinion. implying that I could ever be even slightly bothered by a death when i've probably accrued over 13,000+ because I initially suggested you're probably awful (chances are, brandywine isn't exactly a large pool of talented players last I visited) for popping CD's or suggesting it in lieu of opting for a more balanced/fair fight is so out of the zeitgeist of typical 1v1 behavior of even average players that it's a very easy deduction to make.

Page 2 sur 2 PremièrePremière 1 2

Règles de messages