Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 22 sur 22

Getting "Connection to Server has been lost" over and over

Started last night (Aug. 3rd), and persists today. On transitions, the load screen just sits there for 2 minutes or so,
    and I get the black screen with "Connection to the Server has been lost". Then I can't get back in - get to character
    select, but first load screen never completes, and connection error again.

Not having issues with other games, so wondering if anyone else is seeing this.

Can absolutely confirm this on multiple accounts, on a variety of platforms (XP and Win7), on multiple machines (X86 and X64) and on Nimrodel, so not just one server.

Furthermore, attempting to return to the game frequently fails at the loading screen with the same behavior. A kinsman suggested switching characters upon re-logging but I have had mixed results with that trick, at best.

*Really* want this one fixed.

Citation Envoyé par ArgentMage Voir le message
    Started last night (Aug. 3rd), and persists today. On transitions, the load screen just sits there for 2 minutes or so,
    and I get the black screen with "Connection to the Server has been lost". Then I can't get back in - get to character
    select, but first load screen never completes, and connection error again.

Not having issues with other games, so wondering if anyone else is seeing this.
    My problems didn't start until this morning (Aug. 4th) but yes I'm either getting disconnected frequently once in-game or can't connect at all.

I have the exact same problem, i can't log on any character on any server what so ever, and has been like this since 1st of August

Citation Envoyé par Eraibor Voir le message
    I have the exact same problem, i can't log on any character on any server what so ever, and has been like this since 1st of August
    I am also trying to get on Brandywine and have been unable to since yesterday with my main character. I got on for about 4 minutes with an alt with no luck. I have gone into my router and opened it up, reinstalled the game, and deleted the userpreferences file. I have no problems connecting to any blizzard games just this one.

Unhappy Been going on since Sat night 8/3/13

Same thing with my characters on Vilya and Elendilmir.....

After not being able to get to the forums for much of yesterday, I checked the LOTRO Twitter feed,
    and Turbine confirmed that they were having login and disconnect problems. The last tweet is
    from yesterday saying they're still investigating. https://twitter.com/LOTRO

I was able to get on late last night (after 10:30pm Eastern) and play for a couple of hours
    without issue, but if you're still seeing it, hang in there they may still be working on it.

Exclamation Disco' and server crashes

As of 8:03 pm pacific time on the 3rd of August is when i first experienced this issue. it has not changed since. am able to get lower level toons in, but any toon that requires a lot of processing never gets into the game before my screen goes black. Please figure this one out quick. getting real old. thanks

Connection to server lost after update 11.5

My log in problems only started around June 2013 and it became recurring. Had to log in at least 2-3 times before I can play. This was fixed when I updated to 11.5. Logging in was fixed after the update, up until 2 days ago when the lost connection issue returned. Have to log in 2-3 times again per character. Prior to last June, I practically never had connection issues, I'm on Imladris with 2 characters. Hope Turbine fixes this soon, Helm's Deep expansion is arriving next month.

Samething happening

I'm having the same problem since last week. Before the Helms Deep update everything was fine and even a couple of days after it. But last week (if i remember right) on Thursday it began to happen. But I though it was normal, maybe my net was messing around. But it keep on happening till this day! I deleted the game, re-install it, and nothing. I give permission to the firewall and all and is still the same, My router and modem are good, and is still doing the same thing. I get on, I move my char a couple of steps and my char freeze, I still can talk on chat but short after I get the black screen with the message "Connection to server has been lost". Try to get back in with same char and the loading screen do not progress at all, and a minute or two after the same message appear. I tried other chars and the same thing is happening, even with a new account. Please help me with these because is getting me mad. I don't want to quit the game.

The first thing to do is work through the connection sticky. You may want to look at other things to do like allowing your client as an exception in your real time anti-virus scanning (do manual scans frequently) or port forwarding (if yours is the only computer accessing lotro through that router at the same time).

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ated-8-12-2010

You will also want to reset your router by turning off the modem router and computer, then turning them back on in that order and let each cycle completely through before turning on the next.

If you get that message after an update, the very first thing to do is take the client out of the firewall exceptions and add it back in. Sometimes changes to the client can cause a firewall to forget that it is the same program it was before.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ontact-Turbine

I'm seeing this issue as well. Losing connection to chat server mostly but also losing connection to the server, period, and getting booted from the game. No packet loss from my PC, so it's not the internet connection, only LOTRO.

Citation Envoyé par alexander91 Voir le message
    I'm having the same problem since last week. Before the Helms Deep update everything was fine and even a couple of days after it. But last week (if i remember right) on Thursday it began to happen. But I though it was normal, maybe my net was messing around. But it keep on happening till this day! I deleted the game, re-install it, and nothing. I give permission to the firewall and all and is still the same, My router and modem are good, and is still doing the same thing. I get on, I move my char a couple of steps and my char freeze, I still can talk on chat but short after I get the black screen with the message "Connection to server has been lost". Try to get back in with same char and the loading screen do not progress at all, and a minute or two after the same message appear. I tried other chars and the same thing is happening, even with a new account. Please help me with these because is getting me mad. I don't want to quit the game.

I'm having the exact same problem. Everything worked great until yesterday morning. Tried every solution I can find and I have the same problem on 2 computers with 2 accounts. Router and Modem check out. I'm on Nimrodel and use Time Warner as my ISP. Anyone have any more ideas to try?

Same issue over the last three days. I have done everything listed except for port forwarding, including updating drivers on everything, removing and adding clients to the exception list, restarting modem and router, removing the computer from the router and straight to the modem etc. I use time warner as well unfortunately. Last night I was able to play for about 1 hour now it is back to the same issue. Two or three steps and I get frozen. Or lag just trying to log in.

Yep... I've stumbled across some forums mentioning problems with ISP's using Traffic Shaping and that causing issues with online games. This may be that or something similar. If things are still having problems on Monday I'll call Time Warner and ask. But it may be worthwhile for anyone having problems to do this.

Even coming to the forum sites is slow, compared to other sites. I play other various on line games since I can't get my lotro fix with no problem, just lotro.

For those having problems with connection since 12/6/13 your not alone there are several threads in general discussion here is one https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...at-is-going-on

Citation Envoyé par Itsme2 Voir le message
    For those having problems with connection since 12/6/13 your not alone there are several threads in general discussion here is one https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...at-is-going-on
    Thanks for the heads-up! I'll move over there.

Connection lost

Using Windows 7 and 9th of April 2014 had the same problem first time - the game loaded longer than before and once the game should have been started, there was a black screen with a message "Connection to Server has been lost". Second time I tried, there was just a black screen (when the game should have been started) and next moment the lotro client was turned off - switched to desktop. I tried 3rd time and then I was able to get the game started. On 10th of April I had the same problem, when I tried 2nd time, I was able to play about 1 minute and then the Lotro client just turned off.

Citation Envoyé par Ousiodiszion Voir le message
    I am also trying to get on Brandywine and have been unable to since yesterday with my main character. I got on for about 4 minutes with an alt with no luck. I have gone into my router and opened it up, reinstalled the game, and deleted the userpreferences file. I have no problems connecting to any blizzard games just this one.
    I have seen this for 5 years.It isn't your computer or your equipment.It is Lotro.They have always had this problem. Even now,with new servers it's still happening and I personally think it's Lotro storing memory and not releasing it .It's a continuance of logging in and crashing if you can get on the game at all.

Citation Envoyé par Aeralond Voir le message
    I'm seeing this issue as well. Losing connection to chat server mostly but also losing connection to the server, period, and getting booted from the game. No packet loss from my PC, so it's not the internet connection, only LOTRO.
    The first thing lotro says it's your equipment.LMAO.Everyone doesn't have bad equipment.

Citation Envoyé par Aeralond Voir le message
    Heres a hint .If you can check memory loss or overstorage on lotro ,do it!

Règles de messages