Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 2 sur 2 PremièrePremière 1 2
Affichage des résultats 26 à 42 sur 42
    I am not a big fan, but whaddayagonnado? To save grief, and realistically it does not make all that much difference, this is what I do:

Now mind you I have craftsmen who can make any weapon/item with the correct materials. My strategy is to equip crafted 2As when I hit the level for use.

Level 45: Get and equip your Newbie Items. Start collecting level 51-52 LIs for later.

Level 51: Slot your 51s (and when you can...52s) to fill up your available LI slots. Keep using newbie items until they are max. You probably won't hit max on both.

Level 53: You can now use the bartered LIs. You should now have a system of grinding relics in mind. These levels (53-59) are easy to obtain so get to grindin'!

~Level 57, you might want to find 57 items with decent legacies and replace your newbie items. I would not slot any relics above tier 4 yet. If you are lucky to find a 2A for your level , equip it. I would replace the beginners with a 2A if I came across one earlier.

Level 60: Obtain and equip level 60 2As. Dump your lot and merge relics to get a set. Tier 6 relics are probably ok, and you wont lose sleep by destroying them at level 65. Look into crafted relics too.

Level 65: De-con your 60s, rinse repeat for level 65.

~level 70 Now about here you have to decide if you need a boost or not. Really depends. If you have good legacies or a 1A level 65, I would keep it until 75. I think I may have changed out 1 item on one character here.

Level 75: Dump your lot again and re-ante for crafted level 75 2A. You also have to get a bridle if you don't have one. I never put much effort into bridles, but you should have one. I just use the level 4-relics-->brindle relic ones.

I use my 75s right up until 85.

Level 85: You know the drill. There is also a 2A Bridle reward from a quest arc (epic?)

At 85, I level all my fodder items to 60. I do not level any bridles.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Without Legendary Items LOTRO will miss a lot of fun.
    Can LI system be better? Can it be different? Sure, why not?

Just give your suggestion to developer. If it is better than existing LI system (and not too complicated), they will surely implement it.
    So far they haven't done it. Why? Because no one could provide developers with a good solution.

I made a post a long time ago about where I thought Legendary Items should go. We definitely did not get what was advertised. I would prefer permanent items that can be cosmetically re-skinned (crafted appearances and/ or drops/ loot) and level alongside your character (no more *item xp*.... If you're level 82 for example, your items are level 82). Start them off basic with like 3 legacies at tier 1 and make them reforge-able every 10 CHARACTER levels at which point you would add a new tier 1 legacy. So level 45 would have 3, 55 would have 4, 65 would have 5, 75 would have 6, 85 would have 7, and 95 would have 8 legacies. You would have enough points at each threshold to max all legacies if they are upgraded to tier 6... That way there is a still a use for empowerment scrolls but you're not dumping a dozen into an item that is going to get trashed every 10 levels like it is now. I would like to see DPS/ Threat/Tac ratings as something that stayed at a level appropriate value that didn't need to be *ranked* but that would make crystals have no use. Do away with different *aged* items and just make the items gold.
    [color=#00bfff]Weekend at Bill Ferny's - Windfola[/color]
    [color=#00bfff]Nanci - 100 Captain[/color]
    [color=#00bfff]Hirandiel - 100 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#00bfff]Hildimar - 100 Minstrel[/color]

Citation Envoyé par Hirandiel Voir le message
    I made a post a long time ago about where I thought Legendary Items should go.
    That is an option, but that takes a lot of fun from LI system away in my opinion.
    What you basically says sounds for me like: ok we have Fidelity, Innocence, Zeal, etc... at max level 16 and with Helm's Deep we will have it at max level 20.
    Sure! This is good of course, but is it funny? Is it something special? Is it something that you are going to discuss a lot and spent your time a lot? No.
    We just gonna do it and forget about it in a short time.

Not that I'm a big fan of grinding. For me exploration and character progression is much more interesting.
    But I just don't see why would slow imporvement of your existing LI better than slower process of creating a new LI.

I'll try to explain it differently. Where do I get a fun from RPG? Roughly:
    - World exploration: 30%
    - Character progression: 20%
    - Quest system: 20%
    - Better gear: 10%
    Total: 100% fun.

When I start the game I gt 100% of fun. But slowly...
    There's almost always a time when world is completely expored. That means minus 30% of fun for me. Another minus 20% fun when haracter hit the cap. No more quests? Minus 20%. I've got best gear? Minus 10% fun. What do I get in the end? 10-15% of original fun. Well, basically that mean that it's time for me to switch to another game.

Shortening the process of getting LI to the MAX level does not make play time longer for me. When I get 1% or 2% of existing LI improvement per month is also no fun for me. It is almost the same as hitting the cap. But making a new LI that within some time (!) can replace my existing LI and give me 15% or 20% of attack improvement sound like a valid option which could (perhaps) keep me in game for some time.

Citation Envoyé par Hirandiel Voir le message
    I made a post a long time ago about where I thought Legendary Items should go. We definitely did not get what was advertised. I would prefer permanent items that can be cosmetically re-skinned (crafted appearances and/ or drops/ loot) and level alongside your character (no more *item xp*.... If you're level 82 for example, your items are level 82). Start them off basic with like 3 legacies at tier 1 and make them reforge-able every 10 CHARACTER levels at which point you would add a new tier 1 legacy. So level 45 would have 3, 55 would have 4, 65 would have 5, 75 would have 6, 85 would have 7, and 95 would have 8 legacies. You would have enough points at each threshold to max all legacies if they are upgraded to tier 6... That way there is a still a use for empowerment scrolls but you're not dumping a dozen into an item that is going to get trashed every 10 levels like it is now. I would like to see DPS/ Threat/Tac ratings as something that stayed at a level appropriate value that didn't need to be *ranked* but that would make crystals have no use. Do away with different *aged* items and just make the items gold.
    I approve this suggestion. It's the best, most realistic one I've heard so far. It would take away a lot of the grind though. But to be honest, it seems like a lot of people have already sworn off the grind (myself included). So this implementation would give more enjoyment to people who have sworn off the grind anyway, lol
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

How about this,
    we retain the symbol system for lvl 65+ LIs..
    the symbol upgrades the current LI you have to the existing of that symbol. (with 80% * Old Level / New Level IXP on it). Star Lit crystals upgrades will be lost (except store bought star lits) (this way you can't use small star lit crystals and then upgrade them straight to 85/95). Same goes with crystal of remembrances, (a random major legacy will be removed)), if your LI delevels to under lvl 30, you will also lose minor legacies. Legacy tiers will all be rerolled, (or scaled down by 66%). The relics are retained, but since there will be a new tier of relics, the current relics are not worth as much anyway. Scroll of delving upgrades will also be lost.

It's almost as though you crafted a new LI (and deconned your old one), with the illusion that your LI leveled with you (minus you having to use a relic removal, and farming legacy scrolls) . You will still need 12-16 scroll of empowerment to bring the legacies back up to max level, (the typical amount needed). Very little store bought items lost it's value, and arguably the store bought crystals are now more valuable, and can command the TP cost needed to purchase them).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001da17c/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Your LI grows with you. It does! It grows with you for 5 levels or so while you level. It grows with you with relics, scroll of delving and scrolls of empowerment at end-game. You cannot deny your LI grows with you.

But you also have to deconstruct it every 5 levels. As if Aragorn would purposely smash Anduril, made from the shards of Narsil, to pieces just to reforge it into something better? Elrond would have something to say about that...

The mechanic of deconstructing is there for a reason, but it's not a really fun reason at first glance. It allows a steady flux of TP spendage. Also it allows a steady income of players who are into trading the SA and FA symbols. It allows one of the largest goldsinks coded into this game (if you don't know what I mean, combine a few T8 relics...). It is not there for the immersion of the players, but for the economics of the game and it's publisher. It has a good side in 'keeping the economy healthy', though I still cringe whenever I decon a LI I've used for quite some time. Oh man, that time I deconned the FA one I got during RoI.

What can help with immersion is to always name your LI the same. Treat it as the same weapon and it becomes it. Just kid yourself, you know you do it all the time IRL anyway And you'll still cringe when HD comes out and you decon that L85 sweety you've got now.

As far as scrolls of empowerement are concerned, of all your legacies there'll typically only be 4 (including dps) or so that you really, really want maxed. You can get there with a SA item and only a few scrolls of empowerment. It's only prone to grind if you want the bestest of the bestest.

And the allmighty relic grind? Buy the extra LI slots and relics will be coming out of your nose if you decon all those levelling LI's when they reach 60 (which is the new 31, trust me). Sure you'll have to deal with all the blue pills etc. But if a casual like me can sport T9's and uniques... But then again, that's about my endgame

At this point there is one thing I'd really like to see as a quality of life improvement that I feel is actually long overdue: give us a slider in setup to control the amount of visual saran wrap (uggghhh) around our LI's from 0 to 100%! Please?!

Changing cosmetic appearrances? On my wishlist. Now to find me a fairy godmother...

Hate LI's? Do what my friends and I are about to attempt. Reject them outright. That's right, just don't use them. Use only dropped or crafted magical items (non-Legendary). Our hope is that the lack of legacies will add a significant level of challenge to the game, making your use of the 5m cooldown Oh (*&(^* skill really be a tough decision (because you no longer have a legacy that cuts that cooldown in half). It will reduce DPS and crit output, and healing as well, meaning you have to be on your toes at all times. Hey, this might end up failing hard, but we are going to try it...because the only way we will be able to stay in this game without burning out is if we ignore the LI system altogether.

If the biggest complaint is that content is too easy (a large portion of that has to be due to legacies). Remove those and you can increase the challenge. I will be attempting this is some friends.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a010000295b79/signature.png]Hoshmog[/charsig]

Citation Envoyé par .44 Voir le message
    Hate LI's? Do what my friends and I are about to attempt. Reject them outright. That's right, just don't use them. Use only dropped or crafted magical items (non-Legendary). Our hope is that the lack of legacies will add a significant level of challenge to the game, making your use of the 5m cooldown Oh (*&(^* skill really be a tough decision (because you no longer have a legacy that cuts that cooldown in half). It will reduce DPS and crit output, and healing as well, meaning you have to be on your toes at all times. Hey, this might end up failing hard, but we are going to try it...because the only way we will be able to stay in this game without burning out is if we ignore the LI system altogether.

If the biggest complaint is that content is too easy (a large portion of that has to be due to legacies). Remove those and you can increase the challenge. I will be attempting this is some friends.
    You absolutely have to let me know how this works out for you guys!

As a player who knows pre-moria (pre-notsolegendaryatallweaponsyste m) I consider myself a true fan of Lotro even though there are a lot of heavy duty issues going on since let's say... "Mines of Moria" .
    At first, there is a remarkable lack of pride for their own game shown by the developers (if you remember all the videos and advertising they did for moria, the most exciting box edition with the flip-open dwarven door etc. and what came after that - downloadable content, one map: 10 Levels wannabe-addon "Siege of Mirkwood")
    When was the last time a developer himself really advertised for a content soon to be released?
    Here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAuKBoNSq78

Does this guy "Cardell Kerr" still work with turbine? I doubt it.

Yes there are new ones but look at the emotions shown by the interview partner - it's almost as if they had to advertise a product which they weather like nor know about... for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaJ4mUktNzw

When was the last time, instances were included into the leveling and gearing up process? Once again the answer is moria! That were 2 Instances for around level 52 that was one around 53 if I remember correctly and that were around 6 for 58 to 60 plus a Raid! Well that's amazing! That's what I call addon and I'm pretty shure that that's what the producers are - and most certainly can be - proud of!

--> Back to topic:
    Well the point is.

The Legendary System was never how they anticipated it. It is not at all legendary and co-leveling if I have to change my legendary weapon every other level or so. It is not at all legendary (or even "epic") if every single stupid mob can drop a legendary item.
    I was never really happy with how the system worked - but I agreed with enemies inside moria dropping legendary items because - well moria is in someway epic and legendary and there are a lot of hidden places and dwarfish skelletons from which they could probably be gathered.

If the system was called customizable weapon system or something like that, I would totally be satisfied with how it works and how much time they want me to spend for it. But like it is - and was advertised - I cannot hate it more than I do now. I went as far es 65 (Ost Dunhot Raid) with doing the grind and stuff for first-age weapons, scrolls of delving, scrolls of empowerment, relics etc. because I had a fantastic Kinship (which is now practically dead btw.) but since the rise of isengard i'm running around with third-age weapons not considering much what legacies I have or how good they are. I

It's just a horrible not at all legendary system - point --> . <--

(And that being said, I don't deny that the system can be fun and motivating and so on and so forth, if you have the time for it. But I don't!)

Well, LotRO is an odd mix of Single Player RPG and MMO. So, I don't consider third ages to be legendary items at all, they just give me experience and mats for when I learn my craft well enough to craft a second age item and maybe even one day a first age, though my character has never found the mats for one of those.

The Age of the item I consider more to be based on power level, if you've read The Silmarillion you know that the general power of the individuals involved has been dropping as the Ages go by. My crafter in Lord of the Rings Online is desperately trying to advance his craft to help the good guys win.

They kind of dropped the ball on the discovery aspect, but that would have it's own problems. I guess my only real complaint is the gating of the item levels. So, ya, this level 74 legendary sword is useless to use one level later or even to get experience on because you will get <75 items out of it and so on.

The whole experience is not as wonderful as I had hoped it would be but I wouldn't call it underwhelming at all. I just hope the next gate is 85-95 or whatever because it is lovely having patiently built exactly the right Javelins and Spears for my hearty Warden, for solo play, dps and tank play. Also, I have used the odd heritage rune to bump an item to 11, 21, 31 or whatever, but I have several hundred in my vault still lol. I might hold onto them until we finally reach the last level bump.

I very much enjoy having new gear to work for. I like to have something to do.

Citation Envoyé par Macroscian Voir le message
    That's all well and good, and it's a fine system for folks who like the customization aspect and messing with stats etc.

For me, the things to work for in the game are the fellowship experience, having long tactical boss fights and other adventures. If you find a magical item as a reward great, but that isn't the reason for going on the adventure. Since I'd rather spend time out fighting things and not at a skirm trader working on that epic elite staff I just wanted to try doing things with a normal magical drop (they often have some nice stats / sure no legacies, but other stats are nice....and to be honest - at least in the case of some items - they look better cosmetically than some of the hideous looking LI's I have seen).

Anyway, as long as I know there are options in the game for all playstyles it doesn't matter to me. I do wish they'd bring back a reliance on CC more and more. I know they don't want boss fights to be too easy, but there has to be a way to make it so that a full 1/3 of my LM skillbar isn't useless during a boss fight. Popping some debuffs once a minute and then being a power-battery / spot healer is kind of well...meh...not epic.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a010000295b79/signature.png]Hoshmog[/charsig]

I've been using my original legendary weapon that you get before Moria the whole time. I'm in Hytbold now, and I still have no problem completing quests. I'll probably get around to replacing it eventually.

The amount of LIs and the barter items that drop in Moria... makes my LIs feel very common.
    I think with that, the number of times I need to hit Identify, Deconstruct, and Auto-Combine Relics, I find the system to be not so well done.

i miss the days of named weapons that dropped in raids/instances. i think i still have a vault full of them from angmar days.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000dc09a/01004/signature.png]Gilla[/charsig]
    You Do Realize That Everyone Thinks That You Are The Worst Minnie To Ever Grace The Moors. - SpiderGod
    Oh yea!

Citation Envoyé par goldensilence Voir le message
    and how do you know the currently Legendary items are going to be useless exactly? do you have some insider information the rest of us don't have? if so, please share. if not (and i believe this is the case), why start another gloom and doom thread without a shred of evidence to support what you are saying?
    New level cap always means new LI's. If this were different they would have said something as part of their Helms Deep promotions as that would be a major systems change.

I wish LI's worked more like Skirmish Soldiers, where a new level cap just means you level them up with you. They could even have ways to pick the art for the item. The current system feels more like mass produced junk.

Citation Envoyé par Macroscian Voir le message
    Having new gear goals, and not tossing out an existing LI don't have to be mutually exclusive. I could see where each expansion you need to get some token to upgrade it, and then work on leveling it up.

Page 2 sur 2 PremièrePremière 1 2

Règles de messages