Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 8 sur 8

ok need some help please

I have always warden but i started to stop playing warden because i was scared of some instances because of us not being a tank like the guardian is.but now i really want to start tanking on my warden more so when wardens do glinghant hopw do they keep the adds at the end so eveyrone else kills the boss because we only have defiant challenge and thta has a long cooldown time so how do u keep adds away this is just one instace that scares me about tanking.

Angry

Citation Envoyé par ianwelshy Voir le message
    I have always warden but i started to stop playing warden because i was scared of some instances because of us not being a tank like the guardian is.but now i really want to start tanking on my warden more so when wardens do glinghant hopw do they keep the adds at the end so eveyrone else kills the boss because we only have defiant challenge and thta has a long cooldown time so how do u keep adds away this is just one instace that scares me about tanking.
    Agression
    Conviction
    Exultation of Battle
    Danse of war

Kitting

if 3 eob's doesn't gather all adds and make them your mortal enemy then you are not in determination. Also Positioning is critical to tanking. Put all adds once aggro'd in front of you and turn them so thier back is to the dps and if you are off tanking be 10m or more from the main tank and in a different group. If you are in the same group and the MT then don't use aggression or conviction. Also Call to battle is great for adds as it can aggro the target plus all within 10m of the target from 25m away.

If you're relying on DF to get everybody's attention, you're doing it wrong.

I pop conviction right before you run in and make sure you have eob built, when the HoT hits, all the spirits will agro on you, pop eob on them, then kite until you can use agression, run into the center and use it on the boss. keep your shield mastery up in between. when the boss is getting low on health, bring them all in, doesn't matter which die 1st, the spirits or the boss, I've usually softened them up with resolution and eob by then anyways so they are pretty squishy. shield tactics helps too if you've got agro on the whole room since the boss and about two of the adds will be tactical. as long as you don't neglect to transfer threat periodically through the instance your healer won't get smashed. gl.

I successfully tanked glinghant at around 40, but the last boss gave me some trouble, and I had to have the guard use a forced taunt to give me some time to pick them up without having to worry about healing agro (mini was pulling because he needed to drop a few heals early in the fight, which pulled mobs, so he had to heal himself, generating more threat, etc...), but with conviction and eob it would have been incredibly easy (might have made it on first or second, not fourth attempt). I'd just battle prep a conviction in assailment, use it to negate all healing threat, drop back to determination, and just let off 1-2 eob's. After that, just use conviction and dance of war as needed, and keep your buffs up. I know I'm probably going to be considered a heretic for saying this, but I tend to stay away from aggression as it doesn't give me any other benefits (conviction you get a heal for group, which, as a side bonus, makes healing threat, and dow nets you +evade and +mits/critical defense)

Citation Envoyé par Prensari Voir le message
    I pop conviction right before you run in and make sure you have eob built, when the HoT hits, all the spirits will agro on you, pop eob on them, then kite until you can use agression, run into the center and use it on the boss. keep your shield mastery up in between. when the boss is getting low on health, bring them all in, doesn't matter which die 1st, the spirits or the boss, I've usually softened them up with resolution and eob by then anyways so they are pretty squishy. shield tactics helps too if you've got agro on the whole room since the boss and about two of the adds will be tactical. as long as you don't neglect to transfer threat periodically through the instance your healer won't get smashed. gl.
    Glad it worked for you.. but NEVER EVER pop Conviction BEFORE anyone aggros. All you get is micro group heals. Conviction is a threat TRANSFER, so at the start of a fight, there is no threat to transfer. Same with Dance of War, except you get evades instead of heals. Resounding Challenge, EoB, Call to Battle, all higher level skills, even WarCry and Goad are better choices for AE threat.

Citation Envoyé par Darlgon Voir le message
    Glad it worked for you.. but NEVER EVER pop Conviction BEFORE anyone aggros. All you get is micro group heals. Conviction is a threat TRANSFER, so at the start of a fight, there is no threat to transfer. Same with Dance of War, except you get evades instead of heals. Resounding Challenge, EoB, Call to Battle, all higher level skills, even WarCry and Goad are better choices for AE threat.
    The threat transfer is the main part of Conviction, sure, but its group HoT component is useful for the start of this fight since the darkwaters come from all sides. Other AOE threat skills either have limited range or, in the case of RC and CTB, will take effect in one direction. Conviction used here will help grab the darkwaters' attention so they get closer to you for the initial EoB aggro. Healing threat is threat, and extra threat at the start isn't a bad thing. Everyone should be focused on Nengon anyway so the HoT should be enough to take aggro from anyone else.

I do this fight similarly to Prensari but I don't kite anything. An occasional EoB & Resolution and keeping a couple self-heals going is enough to keep me alive while threat transfers keep adds on me. About the only problem is the draining darkwaters sapping my power but nothing a pot and tDbD won't fix.
    L100: Gentoo [WRD] · Adilae [CHM] · Svenric [BRG] · Svengo [HNT] · Svenwyn [CPT] · Svenriq [GRD] · Svenrid [LRM] · Sveorn [BRN]
    Officer of Easily Amused · Gladden · "If I'm not having fun, I must be doing it wrong."

Règles de messages