Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 2 sur 2 PremièrePremière 1 2
Affichage des résultats 26 à 33 sur 33

Discussion: Burglar motivation

Citation Envoyé par Tirn Voir le message
    Where's that then noddy land ? Burgs are about as much use in a moors raid as an ashtray on a motorbike and not much better in pve
    Debuffs.

Disable on reavers. Enrage on BA's. Addle on Defilers and WL's. Dust on wargs. Any half-brained semi-competent 'Moors raid-leader will have a Burglar or two for debuffs. If you feel useless in a raid situation or you're not getting invited, then it's something to do with you, not the class.

Although I will concede to the point that we are useless in PvE except for stuff like BFE where we Disable the trolls.

Edit: P.S.

I'm not sure why you'd want to join a 'Moors raid anyway. They're terribly boring to be honest, it's much more fun to solo or duo with a good friend.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

I made another video because the delving op one was really fun to make. This one is just PvP, but I think it could give a little motivation or something resembling motivation maybe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovk-L2ZszlA
    [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/9l90cl.jpg[/IMG]

What me currently motivates is trying to solo stuff... just got Library challenge done on the first try. Takes a lot of time, but it's fun to achieve such things. Also soloed Iobar's Peak T2 challenge, video is still in the making.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar R14
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

I have just got my burg to 85 and have been playing her on and off for 4-5 months. My conclusions?

Ignore the negativity of people here. The class is GOOD if you dedicate time and effort to understand it and learn its place.

Group Play:
    As many people have said already in this thread, the Burg has skills that can change the dynamics of combat. I specifically made a burg to explore etten moors (as alternative to champ).

Now... forget dps parses! A burg really can change the outcome of a fight in etten moors, using several of its key skills.

Addle the warleaders / defilers (reduces raid healing)

Stundust / Startling twist can stun up to 3 targets in one go.

Disable, Enrage - reavers and BA's etc.

Burgs are also very often overlooked as primary targets in Ettens, because they have some very annoying skills like HIPS, Touch N Go etc so they can usually run rampant at the back lines causing chaos.

Additionally, sneak is your most powerful tool. You can use it to get in range of any target you want, to work your magic. The burgs stun skill (? - cant remember name lol) is also extremely useful to let the Champs / Hunters catch up to targets that are trying to kite in circles or run away.. or you can simply stun it, so you can get in range and use your stundust to reduce their movement speed.

Now, without burgs to slow and disable, it effectively reduces the mighty dps'ers DPS to zero. With a burg in play.. they can suddenly do DPS and brag.

Solo play in ettens
    I am starting to learn this, but I have only just hit R6. I find that I am MORE than a match 1-1 with any class of similar rank or lower. However the high rankers just nuke me back to GV. (Any tips for burgs to hit high rankers? )

Overall, its an extremely fun class. It has many many uses that are easily dismissed by people whom have not made a burg, or dedicated any amount of time to learning how to play it.

The ONLY drawback I hate.. is the Deed grinding - kill x mobs. I am spoilt for having a champ, so I like it when I can kill 5-8 mobs in a few seconds, so grinding with a burg is a bit grating.. best find yourself a chimp friend to help you get your virtues!!

An honest opinion from an unbiased player that is still learning the class.. hope it helps!

Citation Envoyé par Khandaris Voir le message
    Solo play in ettens
    I am starting to learn this, but I have only just hit R6. I find that I am MORE than a match 1-1 with any class of similar rank or lower. However the high rankers just nuke me back to GV. (Any tips for burgs to hit high rankers? )
    Do you have full audacity? Full unseen set and and two chance or mischief pieces? At least 9k morale and 9K mitigations? If yes, its all about minimizing the dmg you recieve from your oponent.
    Look closely on your oponent buff/debuff bar and see what CC you can apply. Its good to have perplexing riddle trait to have 5 sec unbreakable daze on riddle. Its good to start with that and keep dpsing from position for those 5 seconds, when the daze breaks, apply startling twist stun, keep dpsing from position, now the target will be free from CC for several seconds, put some debuff, try to keep at his back, use mischievous delight and when the stun immunity is off, use conjuction stun and continue dps from position.
    - You can do some more tricks like provoke daze (leaf-walker trait needed) after improved feint attack. Or if youre gambler traited you have mischievous delight daze, you can even reapply it after it breaks with gambler strike so the target is dazed twice from 1 gamble.
    - During all that it is essential to maintain good dps rotation, SS should be done as often as possible to keep dev. buff up, its good to use subtle stab between crit chain skills for better flow and to use addle right after flashing blades to cut the animation.
    - Some burgs also make special Glee Tools which they swap before every glee (these have glee, gamble chance legacies and incoming healing relics and some put even tactical mastery relics).
    - For solo, it is also very good to have HoT effect on your gold ring, it can provide up to 60 HPS which is very effective, and makes a big difference in 1v1.
    - and ofcourse its good to have good knowledge of monster player classes, if you fight a reaver, try not to fall under 50% morale or he will hit you with devastating strike, so use your mischievous delight and morale pot very early. knives out is also very effective skill against reavers (especially with the set DoT buff). BAs which force you to step into their trap is very hard to beat if you are QK traited and have slow dps, basicly you will step into his trap, and the timer will start ticking and you must kill the BA before he kills you, burg has a good potential to beat the BA even in trap but you need good rotation. WL, Warg, Defiler shouldnt really be a threat to a burg in a 1v1.
    Naius - Burglar of Withywindle
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-uYwngjXZI[/url]

Citation Envoyé par GrinsgarCZ Voir le message
    Do you have full audacity? Full unseen set and and two chance or mischief pieces? At least 9k morale and 9K mitigations? If yes, its all about minimizing the dmg you recieve from your oponent.
    Look closely on your oponent buff/debuff bar and see what CC you can apply. Its good to have perplexing riddle trait to have 5 sec unbreakable daze on riddle. Its good to start with that and keep dpsing from position for those 5 seconds, when the daze breaks, apply startling twist stun, keep dpsing from position, now the target will be free from CC for several seconds, put some debuff, try to keep at his back, use mischievous delight and when the stun immunity is off, use conjuction stun and continue dps from position.
    - You can do some more tricks like provoke daze (leaf-walker trait needed) after improved feint attack. Or if youre gambler traited you have mischievous delight daze, you can even reapply it after it breaks with gambler strike so the target is dazed twice from 1 gamble.
    - During all that it is essential to maintain good dps rotation, SS should be done as often as possible to keep dev. buff up, its good to use subtle stab between crit chain skills for better flow and to use addle right after flashing blades to cut the animation.
    - Some burgs also make special Glee Tools which they swap before every glee (these have glee, gamble chance legacies and incoming healing relics and some put even tactical mastery relics).
    - For solo, it is also very good to have HoT effect on your gold ring, it can provide up to 60 HPS which is very effective, and makes a big difference in 1v1.
    - and ofcourse its good to have good knowledge of monster player classes, if you fight a reaver, try not to fall under 50% morale or he will hit you with devastating strike, so use your mischievous delight and morale pot very early. knives out is also very effective skill against reavers (especially with the set DoT buff). BAs which force you to step into their trap is very hard to beat if you are QK traited and have slow dps, basicly you will step into his trap, and the timer will start ticking and you must kill the BA before he kills you, burg has a good potential to beat the BA even in trap but you need good rotation. WL, Warg, Defiler shouldnt really be a threat to a burg in a 1v1.
    Thanks for that very good advice Grinsgar!

I have 5x pieces of audacity armour at the moment, 9.2k morale and around 8k mitigations. I did guess that going down a defensive route was the wise choice for ettens, still a work in progress though..

I have 4x Unseen, and the goal is to get 2x chance pieces.

As for the rest of it, there are some extremely good ideas in there that I had not thought about. As a newbie burg I am sticking with QK for now. When I am more familiar with the dynamics, I will explore the other lines - I hear Gambler is an extremely potent line once mastered, so that would be my next one to explore..

I will report back in a few months and let you know how I get on, and will most certainly be incorporating your ideas to my game play..

Thanks again!

So here is the video for Iorbars Peak T2 CM. Not that easy, but alot of fun!

Anyone else out there who solos stuff? Just noticed every class got a thread about their solo accomplishments except the burglar.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar R14
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Citation Envoyé par dwarfThar Voir le message
    So here is the video for Iorbars Peak T2 CM. Not that easy, but alot of fun!

Anyone else out there who solos stuff? Just noticed every class got a thread about their solo accomplishments except the burglar.
    I spent few evenings soloing stuff: soloed IP T2CM (was very fun) and Stoneheight T1(only first boss is a challenge on T1). Didnt even try Library, cause i didnt think of the mischief traits trick spam kite, nice idea I also got past first boss in NCF T2, but didnt have time to finish. Also tried Warg Pens T1, went to last boss, had two tries and had to log off.

At STH T2 I didnt even get past first boss, thats really a challenge, my record was about getting first boss to 20% so I guess its possible though..
    WP T1 - cant tell, but few tries i gave didnt look very well, probably needs some better strategy, probably some kiting
    NCF T2 - Spider is quite easy I think even Ivar could be soloable but im really not sure if its possible to destroy the cauldron in time.
    tried Great Goblin on T2 - but I didnt get past trash at Troll boss and hips bugged the instance so I couldnt try again :/ but soloing those mobs with those crazy DoTs was really challenging and had to involve lots of CC and even then some I couldnt kill all at once (they dont reset so its cool :d)
    Webs T2 - didnt try yet, afaik the bosses do really crazy hits, maybe it could be done the bug way (pulling the bosses away from trash) on T1.. ill give it some try later.
    Naius - Burglar of Withywindle
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-uYwngjXZI[/url]

Page 2 sur 2 PremièrePremière 1 2

Règles de messages