Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 9 sur 9

Two issues with housing

Yesterday I spotted that some new housing neighbourhoods had opened up on my server, so I took the opportunity to consolidate the houses for all my accounts into a single neighbourhood. While doing so, I cam across a couple of anoying issues.

1. When you abandon a house, you do not get any unused maintenance returned.

Now that you can prepay 6 months maintenance at a time, this can add up to a significant amount - three and a half gold for a deluxe house and seven and a half gold for a kin house. I reckon this just cost me about thirty gold, which a little annoying.

2. "You cannot purchase a house while you have items in escrow".

Now this is seriously annoying. If you want to abandon a house and purchase another one, you need to find somewhere to store all the stuff that was in the old house so that you can buy a new one. Surely the whole point of escrow is that it is somewhere for your stuff to be while you swap houses. I can't think of any reason why this restriction should exist.

A fully decorated deluxe house can put almost 115 items into excrow and a fully decorated kin house can put around 180 items into escrow. Finding temporary storage for that amount of stuff could be impossible for some players.
    Dernière modification par mjk47 ; 20/07/2013 à 16h18.
    TANSTAAFL

Item #1 I did not see anywhere. This is indeed a bit disconcerting if the change was intended and not announced. It could be, though, that since you can pay for upkeep with Mithril Coins that they don't keep track of which was used for upkeep and don't want to have housing used to convert Mithril Coins into game gold/silver. Still should have been announced as a major change if it was intended. Do turn in a bug report for it.

Item #2 was stated in the Developer Diary on the housing changes, so it should be no surprise. Can still be annoying but should not have been a surprise. I suspect the change was made to prevent people from using escrow as free permanent storage, since escrow was changed from two weeks and it's gone to it remains permanently.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Citation Envoyé par Penter-Kar Voir le message
    Item #1 I did not see anywhere.
    It is clearly documented within the game software. Open the housing maintenance panel. You will see the following text

NOTE: Any currency spent on upkeep will not be refunded.

The text is right below the two buttons for paying your upkeep.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Citation Envoyé par Penter-Kar Voir le message
    Item #2 was stated in the Developer Diary on the housing changes, so it should be no surprise. Can still be annoying but should not have been a surprise. I suspect the change was made to prevent people from using escrow as free permanent storage, since escrow was changed from two weeks and it's gone to it remains permanently.
    We pointed out the problems with this at the time and suggested that perhaps the 2 week timer should start the moment you buy a house. Gives you time to move the items into a house and not use it as permanent storage. Unable to abandon a house while items are escrow.

The thing is you want to make sure this does not turn into infinite free storage.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Citation Envoyé par Yula_the_Mighty Voir le message
    It is clearly documented within the game software. Open the housing maintenance panel. You will see the following text

NOTE: Any currency spent on upkeep will not be refunded.

The text is right below the two buttons for paying your upkeep.
    I did not see anything posted in the patch notes, Dev Diary, or other forum/website post that Turbine should be using to convey official game changes. Yes, there is a note in the game on the Maintenance panel that states that. That is really not good enough. Does the Abandon button take you to the Maintenance panel where the note is? Or does it just abandon the house without showing you the note? (I have never used the Abandon button since I have no intention of abandoning the house and do not want to test if there is an "are you sure" present). Unless the note is shown to you during the abandon process, it is useless. This represents a major change to the way the game worked. It should be stated in the patch notes, some official post that everyone should know to see what the changes are. Not put only in the game in a window panel unrelated to the note.
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me

Citation Envoyé par Crell_1 Voir le message
    We pointed out the problems with this at the time and suggested that perhaps the 2 week timer should start the moment you buy a house. Gives you time to move the items into a house and not use it as permanent storage. Unable to abandon a house while items are escrow.

The thing is you want to make sure this does not turn into infinite free storage.
    I agree, there should be a better way to handle this. One that doesn't include making a new character just to have enough free storage space to hold everything that goes into escrow. I do not know what the solution to this is.

Without knowing the reasons why the escrow was changed, it is possible they did so to eliminate the timers and thereby freeing up resources that the server was (or would be) using. If this were the reason then you wouldn't want a timer added back in as it defeats the purpose of removing them in the first place.

The whole idea of not allowing you to buy a house if items are in escrow is incredibly stupid; I just bought a house in a different neighborhood to be near my kin's house and I needed to send all the items to 2 different alts (who are also pretty packed with stuff) and another player in my kinship just so I could buy the house. I need the house to store everything, but I can't buy it until I store the stuff... which doesn't make any sense.
    If they don't want people abusing escrow, maybe they should create a "moving van" type system separate from escrow into which you can put your stuff for a short period of time (even if its a few hours or one day) while you buy the new house.

Citation Envoyé par mjk47 Voir le message
    I reckon this just cost me about thirty gold, which a little annoying.
    Yow. How many accounts do you have? Surely you cannot love housing that much - are you just spending like 80s per week each on extra storage chests? If many people were doing that, it's little wonder that they ran up against the stops for total number of neighborhoods. Players who left might not be abandoning a single house, but many.

2. "You cannot purchase a house while you have items in escrow".
    That does seem pretty annoying. My bet is that it has some technical explanation players won't care about, like how their database schema is structured. We run into this where I work routinely: some customer will ask for something which is perfectly reasonable, except for the fact that fixing it will be gruesome. Sometimes those sorts of things go years without a fix, unless they're critical and have no work-around. Hopefully this isn't in that category.

Khafar

Citation Envoyé par Khafar Voir le message
    Yow. How many accounts do you have? Surely you cannot love housing that much - are you just spending like 80s per week each on extra storage chests? If many people were doing that, it's little wonder that they ran up against the stops for total number of neighborhoods. Players who left might not be abandoning a single house, but many.

Khafar
    Well, 7 houses and 3 kin houses. Fortunately housing isn't at such a premium on Vilya, and there is still plenty available, so I don't feel bad about buying up a large chunk of a neighbourhood.
    Dernière modification par mjk47 ; 11/08/2013 à 05h01.
    TANSTAAFL

Règles de messages