Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 19 sur 19

Question Road To Thornhope Quest Is Bugged! Please Help?

I'm sure there used to be a "quest section" around the forums here at one time, but I can't find it.
    So I post here instead.

I'm having a problem with a quest at Thornhope in Entwash Vale. (a region of Rohan)
    It's called "Dreams of Fire and Giants"

As the quest is stated, I managed to find 8/10 survivors.
    But I stopped at 8 for like an hour searching and searching and searching because for the life of me, the last 2 survivors of this quest are absolutely NOWHERE to be found! Upon that hour, I came across what is a broken fence (a few orcs standing around) and SUDDENLY.... I get a quest message saying, "you have found a survivor" (or words to that effect) So that means I now have 9/10. But the very weird thing is.... why on earth is it telling me this when there is absolutely nothing there!?
    I have looked around and couldn't find anything to suggest a missing survivor! very strange indeed! :-/

So now I have 9/10 and I have absolutely NO IDEA where the last one is to be found! :-/

One very silly thing about this quest is that for the last 2 survivors, I feel almost certain that Turbine has placed their markers in completely the wrong places! That's what makes it SO DARN FRUSTRATING to find the last 2 survivors! :-/

"TURBINE YOU NEED TO FIX THIS QUEST ASAP! IT IS BUGGED!" (at least this is how I feel!)

I'm currently doing this quest on my RK. I remember doing this one on my loremaster last year and had exactly the same problem too.
    Took me forever to find those last 2! :-/

Anyone else had a similar problem with this quest?
    Please can someone tell me, if they have any idea where I can find the last survivor?
    Once again, it feels like he's nowhere to be found!
    Dernière modification par pppppppp ; 11/07/2013 à 12h38.
    [IMG]http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Little_Missie/FerenitySignaturePortrait5.jpg[/IMG]

I've done this on three toons without any problems. I think the issue is that some of the "survivors" are dead, and to update the quest, you have to find (or be near) their body. If you have the quest tracker turned on, it puts 10 rings inside Thornhope on the map, and will remove rings as you start finding survivors and bodies. Just take a look at the map and wander around where the last quest ring is and it should advance.

just to make clear, this isn't the place to report a bug

you can report a bug in game or on your browser (link later), in game just "/bug" in the chat tab. make sure when you /bug you click on the tab that says "report a bug". sending a ticket or making a thread to report bugs is not the same as reporting a bug directly to the QA team. we can't expect the GM's in game or the moderaters on the forums to forward potential bugs to the QA team. the /bug feature in game saves some data for them to look at too.

alternatively use this link to send a screenshot as well in your bug report if you like.
    http://lotrobugs.turbine.com/ics/sup...p?deptID=24038

here is a link about the /bug feature
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Reporting-Tool
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

It isn't actually a bug, it's just a rather odd set-up.

You never see the last 2 "survivors" at all. They're either dead, as Yakhsa42 said, or hiding.

If you go into the town through the gate nearest the tree where the Thane is standing then turn to your left and go up the hill along the wall, you'll get notification for the last 2 survivors when you pass close by or even right under the two watchtower structures. You won't see anyone but orcs, but your quest text will update with the news that you found them.

Yeah. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt several times. I suspect that they have actually been positioned ON TOP of those watchtowers, but, of course, as you approach, they collision detect, so by the time you get to the top of the tower, if you bothered going inside, they would be long gone anyway. So I suspect more of a poor feature, than a bug, for this one.

IIRC about 5-6 of the survivors give quests as you approach them. Another 1-2 don't give anything. The last few are dead. The ones I find to be most easy to miss are somewhere in the vacinity of the 2 watch-towers (I think on the south path inside Thornhope). I did this quest literally just a few days ago and had no problems, though this is my fifth time through and I've actually stopped looking for the bodies and I just go to the spots inside the town that I know to update the quest. As someone above said, though, I believe there should be the rings on your world map.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Question

Citation Envoyé par Avarune Voir le message
    It isn't actually a bug, it's just a rather odd set-up.

You never see the last 2 "survivors" at all. They're either dead, as Yakhsa42 said, or hiding.
    It's the most STUPID and STRANGEST setup on Turbine's part if you ask me!
    But on a good note, it's really about the only quest I've had a problem with throughout the whole of Rohan.
    So it feels good to know they haven't completely messed up the whole expansion.

If you go into the town through the gate nearest the tree where the Thane is standing then turn to your left and go up the hill along the wall, you'll get notification for the last 2 survivors when you pass close by or even right under the two watchtower structures. You won't see anyone but orcs, but your quest text will update with the news that you found them.
    I'm sorry, but I don't really understand your directions very clearly.
    I assume the npc who I got the Thornhope quests from.... is Thane?? *puzzled look on face*
    I guess I didn't realize this. Though I have just a vague idea of your directions but not 100% sure as it's rather puzzling to me right now. Maybe going over it ingame might help to jog my memory a bit.

Citation Envoyé par wachkussen Voir le message
    Yeah. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt several times. I suspect that they have actually been positioned ON TOP of those watchtowers, but, of course, as you approach, they collision detect, so by the time you get to the top of the tower, if you bothered going inside, they would be long gone anyway. So I suspect more of a poor feature, than a bug, for this one.

Those 2 watchtowers are what is exactly on my mind for this particular quest, as I have noticed them several times going up and down that stretch of land already.

Your post seems to suggest to me that you can actually go inside those 2 watchtowers.
    Is this actually possible? I think I may have tried the doors on them but got a small message in Red saying "that is locked"
    Why would you want to go inside them anyway? I couldn't see that it was possible seeing how burnt and rundown they were... hardly surprising when they are placed on the edge of a town full of rampant Orcs!

Your reply was of some help as I'll have a look around those 2 watchtowers again.
    Thanks for that.
    Dernière modification par pppppppp ; 12/07/2013 à 07h32.
    [IMG]http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Little_Missie/FerenitySignaturePortrait5.jpg[/IMG]

I think Turbine should make a MUCH BETTER setup of this darn quest in future! *shakes fist at Turbine*
    If there is something about those last 2 survivors that are nearer to those 2 watch towers, then PLEEEAASSSSEEE....
    for the LOVE OF GOD.... Turbine should make it a hell of a lot more clearer in future instead of making a rushed and completely messed up job of it!

I received absolutely NO notification of ANYTHING whatsoever surrounding that 9th survivor! (something which I think would have been a LOT MORE helpful) All I saw was a broken fence and SUDDENLY.... a quest text. "you have found the survivor!" That's all!
    What a completely poor setup on Turbine's part!

Going back in there again this morning. I'll have another look around those 2 watch towers.
    I really hope I can find an update on that last survivor soon enough! *big sigh!* :-/

Citation Envoyé par bohbashum Voir le message
    just to make clear, this isn't the place to report a bug

you can report a bug in game or on your browser (link later), in game just "/bug" in the chat tab. make sure when you /bug you click on the tab that says "report a bug". sending a ticket or making a thread to report bugs is not the same as reporting a bug directly to the QA team. we can't expect the GM's in game or the moderaters on the forums to forward potential bugs to the QA team. the /bug feature in game saves some data for them to look at too.

alternatively use this link to send a screenshot as well in your bug report if you like.
    http://lotrobugs.turbine.com/ics/sup...p?deptID=24038

here is a link about the /bug feature
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Reporting-Tool

I felt quite sure this quest was a bug for a while, but other peoples replies now seem to suggest otherwise.
    Those links are very helpful for future reference. I'll make a note of them.
    Thanks.
    Dernière modification par pppppppp ; 12/07/2013 à 07h37.

Citation Envoyé par pppppppp Voir le message
    I'm sure there used to be a "quest section" around the forums here at one time, but I can't find it.
    So I post here instead.
    They changed the title of it to "Adventuring in Middle Earth"

http://forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay...n-Middle-Earth
    Council Of The West On Snowbourn

Runesi lvl 100 Rune Keeper

Thumbs up

Citation Envoyé par Runesi_EU Voir le message
    They changed the title of it to "Adventuring in Middle Earth"

http://forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay...n-Middle-Earth

Ahh yes... I've spotted it now! Thanks!
    It seemed strange to me as to why they would change the title, but as I looked down the list of forum titles and found -
    "Adventuring in Middle Earth," I looked at it a bit closer and noticed underneath, it includes things like Quests, Deeds, Traits and Tasks e.t.c. I think there must have been fewer options there originally, so I assume they changed the name so that people can have more variety of topics to talk about in that section. It's a good idea no doubt.

Thanks again for that. I'll probably look up that section in future if I get stuck with a quest or deed e.t.c.

yeah, I know nothing about that quest, sorry I was just making sure that if it was a bug or you felt a bug report was needed, you could use those. btw you don't get punished from bug reports, if a bug report ends up being false they'll just ignore it. it's still a good idea to bug anything that *could* be a bug

plus, bugging it might show that there is an element missing in the quest or make them update it to be a little clearer. it's very easy for the developers of the quests to find them very straight forward, even pala and BR might because of experiance, but they all ignor that the quest is just a little too obscure.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Cool

Citation Envoyé par bohbashum Voir le message
    yeah, I know nothing about that quest, sorry I was just making sure that if it was a bug or you felt a bug report was needed, you could use those. btw you don't get punished from bug reports, if a bug report ends up being false they'll just ignore it. it's still a good idea to bug anything that *could* be a bug
    Thanks for your very helpful piece of knowledge there. I shall keep that in mind for future reference.

Plus, bugging it might show that there is an element missing in the quest or make them update it to be a little clearer. it's very easy for the developers of the quests to find them very straight forward, even pala and BR might because of experiance, but they all ignor that the quest is just a little too obscure.
    Okay, so from the very helpful replies here, (which I do appreciate) I did manage to complete this very confusing little quest
    in the end. So maybe it wasn't really a bug as I had originally felt, (someone here mentioned looking in the watchtower and that's where I managed to find the last survivor) but it is STILL very frustrating and confusing to complete since it wasn't in the slightest bit clear on what happened to those last 2 survivors to begin with. :-(

I still feel the quest developers had placed the last 2 rings in completely the wrong places as one of them kept leading me to a run down building shack in the area which is where the quest ring appeared to be located. I looked and looked and looked around there at least 3 times and found absolutely NOTHING in relation to the survivor. :-/
    I mean.... how on earth am I supposed to know he/she died in the flippin watchtower when there's absolutely nothing telling me of that in the first place!? It was a very bad setup if you ask me. *sigh!* :-/

Anyway, I suppose I could send a bug report, but unfortunately for me it seems from reading replies here that I'm the only one who had a problem with this quest. *sigh!* :-/. In this case, is it really going to encourage the developers to change this quest in future?
    I'm not 100% certain that it will to be honest with you.
    Dernière modification par pppppppp ; 14/07/2013 à 09h00.

Citation Envoyé par pppppppp Voir le message
    Anyway, I suppose I could send a bug report, but unfortunately for me it seems from reading replies here that I'm the only one who had a problem with this quest.
    You're not the only one who had trouble finding all of the 'survivors' the first time.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Citation Envoyé par auximenes Voir le message
    You're not the only one who had trouble finding all of the 'survivors' the first time.
    Yeah, not too surprising since most of us were looking for actual *people*.

By the way, did anyone else have the problem where they found the kid alive on the little island but there was no quest ring for him? From the wiki it seems that he was supposed to have a quest, but since he wasn't clickable there was no way to get him moving. I felt pretty bad about just leaving him there...

Citation Envoyé par Finduilas88 Voir le message
    By the way, did anyone else have the problem where they found the kid alive on the little island but there was no quest ring for him? From the wiki it seems that he was supposed to have a quest, but since he wasn't clickable there was no way to get him moving. I felt pretty bad about just leaving him there...
    Apparently, for some weird reason, the devs made that quest for elves only? o.O I'd read the comments HERE (in the walkthrough section) and HERE. Pretty dumb imo.

Citation Envoyé par Mar-Evayave Voir le message
    Apparently, for some weird reason, the devs made that quest for elves only? o.O I'd read the comments HERE (in the walkthrough section) and HERE. Pretty dumb imo.
    So only an elf is allowed to save a human child from a town full of vicious orcs? That's just...bizarre.

All the other saved townspeople have follow-up quests, and if the child's quest is elf-specific, there are many other ways they could have handled it that would have made much more sense than forcing non-elves to leave the kid there. Not having the child appear in the town at all, for instance, or let everyone rescue him/her and then just limit the follow-up quest to elves.

Color me baffled at the devs' reasoning on this one.

Citation Envoyé par Finduilas88 Voir le message
    So only an elf is allowed to save a human child from a town full of vicious orcs? That's just...bizarre.

All the other saved townspeople have follow-up quests, and if the child's quest is elf-specific, there are many other ways they could have handled it that would have made much more sense than forcing non-elves to leave the kid there. Not having the child appear in the town at all, for instance, or let everyone rescue him/her and then just limit the follow-up quest to elves.

Color me baffled at the devs' reasoning on this one.
    My thoughts exactly... Even if it wasn't intended to work that way, they've had almost a year to fix it and all I've read seems to imply that it is working as intended, which is a bit nuts.

This quest sucks...sort it out turbine!

I found the last 'invisible' survivor on the veranda of the Mead House...

Règles de messages