Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 21 sur 21

Symbol of the Elder King

Does anyone know if one of the 3 tarnished symbols of the elder king sold at the legendary item vender in the skirmish camp is actually equivalent to the symbol of the elder king needed to make a legendary weapon by an artisan with the guild woodworker? I noticed that they have 3 listed there, but while they each cost a different number of seals, they all have the same description saying they are all needed for level 85 weapons--I'd like to make a level 65 1st age weapon.

And if the one with the lowest number of required seals IS the one I need for my woodworker to make a 1st age legendary weapon level 65, how do I get enough seals to buy this item? I checked with the currency exchange and apparently while I can trade marks for medallions and medallions for marks, I can't trade either for seals - unless there are a few bugs in the skirmish camp part of the game.

I ask this because my main toon is currently at level 58, and I'd like to be able to craft a 1st age weapon for her when she gets to level 65, but I'm a solo player with little to no opportunity to play the tier 2 Ost Dunhoth raid to pick this item up as a loot, and I certainly do not have 100+ gold to be able to purchase the rare symbol sold in the AH - I can't imagine ever getting a toon up to 50g, let alone over 100 that I've seen these things for sale for! So I'm hoping that I can buy it at the vendor--even if it means grinding through skirmishes until I earn marks to be able to purchase it!

Tarnished symbols are for level 85 1As only.

AFAIK the only way to get a 65 1A symbol (merely "Symbol of the Elder King") is OD.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

However, if you get 6 bright emblems of nimrodel, you can get a level 60 first age for her. (4 emblems will get you a 59 first ager.) On my server at least, Turtle runs are relatively frequent (they usually show up in glff) because it's fast and easy and a lot of people want to get first agers for their alts, and each run gives you an emblem.

the ones in skirm camp are for lvl85 First agers. the different costs are for different deed gates - completing all 3 erebor raids at all (t1) allows you to buy one. then completing all 3 raids on t2 and t2c unlock the lower cost ones

Citation Envoyé par Nakiami Voir le message
    Tarnished symbols are for level 85 1As only.

AFAIK the only way to get a 65 1A symbol (merely "Symbol of the Elder King") is OD.
    As far as I know, once OD was scaled along with the rest of the cluster, the only way to acquire the L65 FA became Lootboxes. Perhaps it is time to add it to the skirmish camp =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

You also cannot trade up to seals in the skirmish camps. This is working as intended (I rather wish you COULD trade up to seals, since the item is deed gated anyway). You can only get seals in group content - I believe 6 and 12 man instances only - it was 3 mans up until one of the latest updates. I'm not sure though since I haven't been able to get in a group of any size since the update with it being summer and all

Good luck getting your symbol and your FA though - btw, I'd try the 6 symbols of nimrodel for a level 60 FA to get you by a few levels as was suggested
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001d2197/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Citation Envoyé par Shrelana Voir le message
    This is working as intended (I rather wish you COULD trade up to seals, since the item is deed gated anyway).
    Won't happen, existing seals were converted to meds with U10 to avoid flooding the game with these "elite" items (the game was flooded by other means unfortunately), so we now have many people with 100k+ medaillons and marks, and allowing a reconversion would see similar problems.

You can only get seals in group content - I believe 6 and 12 man instances only - it was 3 mans up until one of the latest updates.
    You can get seals from level 85 raids on any tier, or from challenge quests in level 85 3 and 6-man instances. You can no longer get seals from completing instance deeds.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Citation Envoyé par Grimdi Voir le message
    Won't happen, existing seals were converted to meds with U10 to avoid flooding the game with these "elite" items (the game was flooded by other means unfortunately), so we now have many people with 100k+ medaillons and marks, and allowing a reconversion would see similar problems.
    Yea, I know it won't happen, it just would be nice for the casual player to get nice gear without needing to pug with folks they don't know.

Citation Envoyé par Grimdi Voir le message
    You can get seals from level 85 raids on any tier, or from challenge quests in level 85 3 and 6-man instances. You can no longer get seals from completing instance deeds.
    OK, I wasn't sure, I just haven't really had the inclination to do my old standby's for seals (library and school) since I had heard a rumor you couldn't get seals from completing either anymore...and after grinding through those for 3 seals a run for 4 sets of armour for 3 toons....yea....no, not if the seals weren't guaranteed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001d2197/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks for the answers!

That means I'll just have to give up on my pipe dream of having a first age weapon, then, and will just need to settle for second agers, because I'm a solo player and will never be able to do the raids needed to get the symbol I need, and I certainly will not be able to save up the 250+ gold I've seen the very few that show up in the action house go for - I don't collect money extremely easy and what I do have goes toward house and kinship house upkeep! Not to mention that it's expensive to buy anything in the Imladris AH.

Angry FA Symbol Blues AKA WB stop screwing casual players

Ok folks warning up front this is a bit of a rant:

I've played this game for over 6 years now and as new "elite" gear is added another reminder of how hard it is for a casual player to get the good gear. Each time a FA item was craft-able I was never able to raid for a chance. On the rare occasion , only once, in OD did it drop ever that was for a 65 item no joy for me. The pricing when one is placed on the AH is nothing short of OMFG and that person has to be a damned gold farmer, cheapest I have ever seen is 350g and that is well out of my play/gold range. So while I appreciate the desire to keep something truly "elite" and difficult to achieve would it be too damned much to allow lvl 65 and 75 FA symbols to be purchased at a skirmish camp? I grow tired of seeing others who can afford to devote huge amounts of time to raid and such get all the great looking and supremely stat'ed gear race around me.

IN CAPS FOR EMPHASIS!!! PLEASE LOTRO MAKE THE LOWER TIER FA SYMBOLS SKIRMISH CAMP PURCHASABLE ITEMS AND STOP GAITING GEAR OR ITEMS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

Love and Kisses

Disgruntled player who wishes they had much more time to play.....

Citation Envoyé par knight.of.the.rose Voir le message
    IN CAPS FOR EMPHASIS!!! PLEASE LOTRO MAKE THE LOWER TIER FA SYMBOLS SKIRMISH CAMP PURCHASABLE ITEMS AND STOP GAITING GEAR OR ITEMS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!
    NO!

Elite effort is required for elite items. Items, I might add, that are not needed on the landscape.

define elite? Does it mean I have 12 friends who work well together? Someone's sick in your group so you bring in someone off of glff and poof they win the symbol roll. Is that the elite effort you refer to? I could join your elite raid group and you could carry me and my dying every 5 seconds through it I am sure. Is that elite effort? Why is 12 man content the only thing that requires elite effort or elite gear? Does it not take elite effort to do a t2-c 3 or 6 man and if 3-6 man content doesn't take the elite effort of a raid is that the fault of those of us who aren't in elite raiding kins?
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

First Agers are overrated anyway. I did not get any first agers for my main char (champ) as the minor stat benefits weren't worth the effort and cost of rebuilding them like my second agers. My three 85 alts only got first age class items for the extra healing and threat to make T2 group content a bit less stressful. I did have enough seals/gold to get all my 85s two FAs (and probably have spares), but it simply wasn't worth it.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Not a single person is barred from forming or joining any raids except if he has a physical disability which prevents him/her from hearing/seeing well. enough to be able to respond to basic commands/events. Even if one fears lack of own experience, there are plenty of detailed step by step guides on the net.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/5/4/9/0/0/5654900bzdgw.png[/img][/url]

joining a raid is up to the leader and whether you get your tell in fast enough, a major issue I faced in ROI. Most leaders wouldn't take players they perceived as undergeared for isengard or even foundry and usually there was only maybe one or two pugs a night to join anyway. Forming a raid and completing it depends on getting enough people to join who have, more often than not from my experience in ROR, either lacked the ability to follow the most simple of directions or have no clue how to play or gear their class. On the other hand getting 2 friends from even the smallest of kins to join you in running 3 mans is often trivially easy. Simply put the hour it sometimes takes to put a group together for a raid could have been spent more enjoyably running 3-6 man content in my opinion than spamming glff with lfg 5/12 [instance][level] need tank/heals/DPS/cappy. Elite effort to me simply means running with the right group of players or doing instance of the month till everyone tires of it. I enjoy challenges, I love playing at my best, and I love working to make my chars their best, however, I like having choice as to what I do to get there not having to choose my friends and what I play based on what I need to get ahead. This is fantasy, I get enough gates and ceilings holding my back in the real world. I don't want them in my fantasy ones.
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

I have 650G just from playing smart on the AH, I've only raided twice. It isn't really that hard to get gold.

Citation Envoyé par Lumbercamp Voir le message
    Not a single person is barred from forming or joining any raids except if he has a physical disability which prevents him/her from hearing/seeing well.
    LOL. The #1 requirement for raiding in LOTRO is living on the US east coast (US servers) or in Europe (EU servers). If one doesn't, one will not be raiding more than once in a blue moon. And that was back at 75; I would venture to say one will not be raiding ever, now, without meeting those time zone requirements.

Which is why I find raiders very hard to take seriously when they get all full of themselves about how "elite" they are. Congratulations on living in peak population time zones!

Regarding the actual topic of 1st Agers, shrug, I've never had one, never come even remotely close to being able to get one, never had problems using "mere" 2nd agers, and only a tiny handful of other players I know have ever had one (one of those from a lootbox). So they fit neatly into the category of stuff that exists in theory but not in practice, just like raids and about half of the 6-mans in the game.

Citation Envoyé par J_Howell Voir le message
    LOL. The #1 requirement for raiding in LOTRO is living on the US east coast (US servers) or in Europe (EU servers). If one doesn't, one will not be raiding more than once in a blue moon. And that was back at 75; I would venture to say one will not be raiding ever, now, without meeting those time zone requirements.

Which is why I find raiders very hard to take seriously when they get all full of themselves about how "elite" they are. Congratulations on living in peak population time zones!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. ... come to the Big E... which has apparently become the unofficial Oceanic server. I live West Coast USA and it is hard(ish) for me to find raids unless I stay up late my time to coordinate. Thankfully there seems to be a pretty diverse group of folks on this server so if I'm patient I can usually find a raid at most times of the day, but to say that being East Coast or EU is the only way to raid is hilariously wrong.

-As to the people on here complaining about not getting 1st agers outside of raids... I understand the desire to have the shiniest and prettiest and l33test pieces of gear. But you have no NEED of them to play the game as a solo or small group person. You don't even technically NEED them to raid casually. That's why Turbine isn't "dumbing" it down for ya'll...
    Grimfel - 90 Guard/Bellarieth - 85 Rune Keeper/Beoros - 70 Captain/Beorgarn - 30 Warden

Citation Envoyé par JehovahSoldier Voir le message
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. ... come to the Big E... which has apparently become the unofficial Oceanic server. I live West Coast USA and it is hard(ish) for me to find raids unless I stay up late my time to coordinate. Thankfully there seems to be a pretty diverse group of folks on this server so if I'm patient I can usually find a raid at most times of the day, but to say that being East Coast or EU is the only way to raid is hilariously wrong.

-As to the people on here complaining about not getting 1st agers outside of raids... I understand the desire to have the shiniest and prettiest and l33test pieces of gear. But you have no NEED of them to play the game as a solo or small group person. You don't even technically NEED them to raid casually. That's why Turbine isn't "dumbing" it down for ya'll...
    The reason why you don't find groups is because there are no raids to be ran that appeal to raiders. Big E was once the Mecca of raiding, Oceanic, Eastern and Pacific time.
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Citation Envoyé par RicardoFurriel Voir le message
    The reason why you don't find groups is because there are no raids to be ran that appeal to raiders. Big E was once the Mecca of raiding, Oceanic, Eastern and Pacific time.
    Well that's also true... The point I was mostly making though was in reference to the other poster's comment that you had to live in one of two time zones to raid.
    But yeah... the lack of enticing raid content for hardcore raiders is decidedly low.
    Grimfel - 90 Guard/Bellarieth - 85 Rune Keeper/Beoros - 70 Captain/Beorgarn - 30 Warden

Citation Envoyé par JehovahSoldier Voir le message
    Well that's also true... The point I was mostly making though was in reference to the other poster's comment that you had to live in one of two time zones to raid.
    But yeah... the lack of enticing raid content for hardcore raiders is decidedly low.
    Do you think so? I though BB were supposed to be the new raids. Oh wait.
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Règles de messages