Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 20 sur 20

Discussion: Healing in Harmony

Healing in Harmony

Hey there. I was just looking for some input in healing small parties(fellowships for those knit-pickers) in Harmony stance. Now I'm only level 50 so I don't have access to those Anthem cooldown and duration extending gear and legendaries so I would like input on both pre-gear and post-gear. Right now I'm basically just spamming ballads so I use Coda of awesomeness over and over. I really only use anthem of free peoples. I spot heal with raise the spirit and bubble when needed. Also I keep Cry of Valar up. Unfortunately this generates an insane amount of threat, but at my current level it doesn't really matter since I can tank everything. What do you recommend doing to generate less threat?

Anthem of compassion/Anthem of composure?. -40% threat generated. It may be healing threat only. Once you use coda it has a -threat duration for 30s (maybe less?). Plus in Harmony stance doesn't the anthem of free people only lower your anthem power cost? You're only doing 1 anthem so that power cost goes to waste. I'd switch the anthem you're doing for the one with less threat generation.

Citation Envoyé par timmyloo22546 Voir le message
    Anthem of compassion/Anthem of composure?. -40% threat generated. It may be healing threat only. Once you use coda it has a -threat duration for 30s (maybe less?). Plus in Harmony stance doesn't the anthem of free people only lower your anthem power cost? You're only doing 1 anthem so that power cost goes to waste. I'd switch the anthem you're doing for the one with less threat generation.
    No, anthem of free people is in combat morale regen and on coda it applies a HoT to the caster.

Sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on it. One thing to mention is that you don't want to use your coda of awesomeness if there are CC'd mobs near. But other than that, go at it.

As far as threat goes, I would mix in Anthem of Compassion with your Anthem of the Free Peoples. AoC will lower your healing threat by 40%, and then once you hit the coda it will lower threat by 5% for all skills (damage too if I'm reading the tooltip correctly). Also hit Song of Soothing whenever you can. If you have aggro and keep getting interrupted, you can pop a Sheet Music consumable. Even if you can tank the stuff now, I wouldn't get used to healing like that, because in a few levels you won't be able to tank it. Also, Call to Greatness the tank whenever it's up; It will help him generate more threat.

So an example of rotation would be:
    Ballad x3
    Anthem of Compassion
    Spot heal with Bolster, Raise the Spirit, (or Chord of Salvation if in a pinch)
    Coda of Awesomeness
    Song of Soothing (pop a Sheet Music if mobs are hitting you)
    Ballad x3
    Anthem of the Free Peoples
    Coda of Awesomeness

Rinse/Repeat

ETA: Another cool heal (not just for Harmony, but works very well in that stance) that a lot Minstrel's forget about is Noble Cause/Herald's Strike.

Major Ballad x3
    Anthem of Prowess (arguably the best fellowship buff minstrels have)
    Herald's Strike
    Noble Cause
    Herald's Strike x3 (fellowship heal with each strike)
    Coda of Awesomeness (AoP alters coda to activate Noble Cause without invoking the skill's cooldown.)

Make sure to trait Herald's Hammer to double your damage of Herald's Strike!

Rinse/Repeat
    Dernière modification par Frieja ; 18/06/2013 à 10h54.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

Citation Envoyé par Frieja Voir le message
    Sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on it. One thing to mention is that you don't want to use your coda of awesomeness if there are CC'd mobs near. But other than that, go at it.

As far as threat goes, I would mix in Anthem of Compassion with your Anthem of the Free Peoples. AoC will lower your healing threat by 40%, and then once you hit the coda it will lower threat by 5% for all skills (damage too if I'm reading the tooltip correctly). Also hit Song of Soothing whenever you can. If you have aggro and keep getting interrupted, you can pop a Sheet Music consumable. Even if you can tank the stuff now, I wouldn't get used to healing like that, because in a few levels you won't be able to tank it. Also, Call to Greatness the tank whenever it's up; It will help him generate more threat.

So an example of rotation would be:
    Ballad x3
    Anthem of Compassion
    Coda of Awesomeness
    Song of Soothing (pop a Sheet Music if mobs are hitting you)
    Ballad x3
    Anthem of the Free Peoples
    Coda of Awesomeness

Rinse/Repeat

ETA: Another cool heal (not just for Harmony, but works very well in that stance) that a lot Minstrel's forget about is Noble Cause/Herald's Strike.

Major Ballad x3
    Anthem of Prowess (arguably the best fellowship buff minstrels have)
    Herald's Strike
    Noble Cause
    Coda of Awesomeness (AoP alters coda to activate Noble Cause without invoking the skill's cooldown.)

Make sure to trait Herald's Hammer to double your damage of Herald's Strike!

Rinse/Repeat
    One thing I was curious on. If healing in Harmony involved spamming Coda then whats the point of all the anthem duration increasing and cooldown reduction? Or is keeping anthems up only for non-stance healing?

Citation Envoyé par Kizunas Voir le message
    One thing I was curious on. If healing in Harmony involved spamming Coda then whats the point of all the anthem duration increasing and cooldown reduction? Or is keeping anthems up only for non-stance healing?
    I think there are 3 ways to use Harmony:
    1. Spam ballads and Coda. This is good for instances where lots of people in the fellowship are constantly taking damage (and not just because they're standing in the poop). Or if you're in an extremely mobile fight where you don't really have time to stand still for healing inductions.
    2. Buffing. Period. For this you need to be traited for Smooth Voice and Glorious Anthem and at least 1 more yellow, but preferably 4 deep into Protector of Song), you need a songbook with +Anthem Duration. You will be playing an Anthem every 5 seconds, but you will be able to keep all 6 up simultaneously. You can do a bit of damage (Call of Earendil, Herald's Strike, etc) or very quick spot healing (Chord of Salvation) in between Anthems. But if you decide to use the Coda, you've wiped out EVERYTHING.
    3. A mix of anthems buffs and fellowship healing. This is how I usually play in Harmony. I trait 4B/3Y and can keep up 2-3 Anthems constantly, and I'm not afraid to Coda when I need to because it's relatively easy to get the Anthems back up.

I think there are 3 ways to use Harmony:
    1. Spam ballads and Coda. This is good for instances where lots of people in the fellowship are constantly taking damage (and not just because they're standing in the poop). Or if you're in an extremely mobile fight where you don't really have time to stand still for healing inductions.
    2. Buffing. Period. For this you need to be traited for Smooth Voice and Glorious Anthem and at least 1 more yellow, but preferably 4 deep into Protector of Song), you need a songbook with +Anthem Duration. You will be playing an Anthem every 5 seconds, but you will be able to keep all 6 up simultaneously. You can do a bit of damage (Call of Earendil, Herald's Strike, etc) or very quick spot healing (Chord of Salvation) in between Anthems. But if you decide to use the Coda, you've wiped out EVERYTHING.
    3. A mix of anthems buffs and fellowship healing. This is how I usually play in Harmony. I trait 4B/3Y and can keep up 2-3 Anthems constantly, and I'm not afraid to Coda when I need to because it's relatively easy to get the Anthems back up.
    Oh ok, thanks. I can't imagine buff only being used much since people would probably just rather take a DPS class. If you have multiple anthems up do all their benefits get applied when you use a coda?

Oh ok, thanks. I can't imagine buff only being used much since people would probably just rather take a DPS class.
    I think the idea with this is that you won't have to heal much. The fights will be quicker (+melee, ranged, tac dmg, -attack duration), the group will be taking less damage (besides the quicker fight you have +armour bonus, +evade, +resistances), the group gets a really nice ICMR bonus and you get absolutely no healing aggro because you won't need to heal very much and when you do, you have a huge threat reducer active anyway.

I could see this being a VERY good build for groups that know what they're doing. This is NOT a pug-friendly build though. I don't see your logic about taking a DPS class instead. You can still heal, but you're not going to be standing there casting BCs.

If you have multiple anthems up do all their benefits get applied when you use a coda?
    I don't know. Will have to pay attention next time I get on my Minstrel.

The Coda only wipes the Anthems on you, not your other fellowship members, so you get the on-Coda effect, while the rest of the group keeps the original effect.

If you have multiple anthems up do all their benefits get applied when you use a coda?
    Yes. Every time you use an Anthem, it adds an effect to your Coda. That effect stays on the Coda until the Coda is used, at which point it is applied to you. The Anthem that added the effect does not need to be currently active for the effect to be applied on use of the Coda. For example, if you use Anthem of the Free Peoples during one fight, and you do not use your Coda again until 10 minutes later in another fight, the self-HoT will still be applied, as long as that is the first time you used the Coda since you last cast Anthem of the Free Peoples. Similarly, if you used all six of your anthems (but not your Coda) over the course of one or many fights, the next time you use your Coda you will get all six effects.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#00BFFF][Mundrhaw 82 Champion] [Lostchild 69 Minstrel] [Odyssion 47 Lore Master] [Tarus 40 Warden][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Citation Envoyé par Telemachus Voir le message
    The Coda only wipes the Anthems on you, not your other fellowship members, so you get the on-Coda effect, while the rest of the group keeps the original effect.

Yes. Every time you use an Anthem, it adds an effect to your Coda. That effect stays on the Coda until the Coda is used, at which point it is applied to you. The Anthem that added the effect does not need to be currently active for the effect to be applied on use of the Coda. For example, if you use Anthem of the Free Peoples during one fight, and you do not use your Coda again until 10 minutes later in another fight, the self-HoT will still be applied, as long as that is the first time you used the Coda since you last cast Anthem of the Free Peoples. Similarly, if you used all six of your anthems (but not your Coda) over the course of one or many fights, the next time you use your Coda you will get all six effects.
    Wow, that's some big information. Thank you. I didn't know that. Does the anthem effecting the coda wear off if my ballads wear off for being out of combat for 9 seconds?

Holy cow, I just tried it in game, and it's true. I wonder if that's WAI? I'm not complaining though

Makes me wanna level my minnie again.
    85 RK | 85 CHMP | 75 BRG | many others

I could see this being a VERY good build for groups that know what they're doing. This is NOT a pug-friendly build though. I don't see your logic about taking a DPS class instead. You can still heal, but you're not going to be standing there casting BCs.
    I actually find healing in harmony with 4y/3b especially suitable for PUGs. With an easy rotation (mine is minor-perfect-minor-anthem-coda) you have a ton of group healing going on and don't have to play whack-a-mole with healthbars going up and down all around you. The above rotation takes roughly 7-8 seconds and heals about 1.5-2k per fellowship member, with crits (approx. 1-2 per coda) around 4k (I've had as much as a 5.4k heal on a well-equipped tank). You'll still have time to throw in a chord of salvation where necessary for a spot heal plus an extra HoT on the fellowship.

Healing with such a coda-heavy rotation you'll only want to keep up four anthems, since anthem of the third age in harmony isn't all that helpful and anthem of compassion doesn't make a difference since it's wiped right away when you play the coda. If you are up to 30s anthem duration with a 5s cooldown you can either try to go for all four anthems fulltime on your fellowship, or keep it down to three (most of the content makes it an easy choice to skip either one of the offensive or defensive ones) and add some spot-healing (improver raise the spirit works great with this rotation, and of course chord of salvation on a 10s cooldown) where needed.

Personally I feel harmony-healing 3- and 6-man pugs is the easy-mode way of doing this kind of content . But then I'm a big fan of playing 4y/3b all the way into the current t2 raids (mostly in melody for raids though, although there are spots that are perfect for harmony, like the Smaug firetender phases) .

Citation Envoyé par Bramor Voir le message
    I actually find healing in harmony with 4y/3b especially suitable for PUGs. With an easy rotation (mine is minor-perfect-minor-anthem-coda) you have a ton of group healing going on and don't have to play whack-a-mole with healthbars going up and down all around you. The above rotation takes roughly 7-8 seconds and heals about 1.5-2k per fellowship member, with crits (approx. 1-2 per coda) around 4k (I've had as much as a 5.4k heal on a well-equipped tank). You'll still have time to throw in a chord of salvation where necessary for a spot heal plus an extra HoT on the fellowship.

Healing with such a coda-heavy rotation you'll only want to keep up four anthems, since anthem of the third age in harmony isn't all that helpful and anthem of compassion doesn't make a difference since it's wiped right away when you play the coda. If you are up to 30s anthem duration with a 5s cooldown you can either try to go for all four anthems fulltime on your fellowship, or keep it down to three (most of the content makes it an easy choice to skip either one of the offensive or defensive ones) and add some spot-healing (improver raise the spirit works great with this rotation, and of course chord of salvation on a 10s cooldown) where needed.

Personally I feel harmony-healing 3- and 6-man pugs is the easy-mode way of doing this kind of content . But then I'm a big fan of playing 4y/3b all the way into the current t2 raids (mostly in melody for raids though, although there are spots that are perfect for harmony, like the Smaug firetender phases) .
    What 4 yellow and 3 blue traits do you use?

What 4 yellow and 3 blue traits do you use?
    blue: life-singer, silver tongue and either focused performance or improved raise the spirit

yellow: glorious anthem, smooth voice and two more depending on content. battle-hymn is nice for a little extra buff, absolute pitch if I expect to be spamming rts, flow of harmony, lyrics of bravery ...

I really have no fixed set here for yellow trait #3+4. The strength of this build is not the trait itself but the -5s anthem cooldown any 4th yellow trait brings to the table.

I don't play my Mini enough...what are the drawbacks of Harmony stance? For some reason I was thinking that it just:

1. Made all of your ballads offensive
    2. Changed your Coda from single-target heal into a group heal.
    3. Added AoE damage to your Coda

Is there some way that it affects healing? Or it the complaint that it just reduces single-target healing?
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Citation Envoyé par Frisco Voir le message
    I don't play my Mini enough...what are the drawbacks of Harmony stance? For some reason I was thinking that it just:

1. Made all of your ballads offensive
    2. Changed your Coda from single-target heal into a group heal.
    3. Added AoE damage to your Coda

Is there some way that it affects healing? Or it the complaint that it just reduces single-target healing?
    Anthem of the Third Age changes from a healing buff to a power cost buff, so you loose a potential +10% Healing -25% skill induction. Which makes a noticeable difference.
    “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Aah, thank you.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Harmony is the only thing I use when healing current 3 and 6 mans except when I'm in warspeech because a HoT or two are enough to easily keep everyone up. Using melody I'm usually standing around doing little or nothing or throwing out useless overheals to people who might have a couple hundred morale missing just so I have something to do. I will drop out of Harmony for Melody stance in cases where AoE damage would be a bad idea. I'm also doing this healing in 5r/2b. There's simply no reason for me to retrait as it's not needed.

Grabbing aggro with this type of setup can definitely be a problem. At level 50 I'm sure it's a nasty problem as tanks don't yet have the greatest threat generating tools as of yet. By the time you hit 85 any competent tank should have no trouble holding aggro over both your damage and healing from Harmony. Keep in mind I say competent tank and there are quite a few out there who aren't. Even with a competent tank you need to keep in mind that it's not always easy for the tank to get aggro on everything right off the bat if you're doing big pulls. I'll give a couple examples of this. The first would be GB: Maze. Anytime I'm on my warden and I have a healer, usually a cappy, from the kin we'll pull everything we can find and aggro and take it all the way to the first boss. At that point it's a giant brawl until everything is dead. That can mean a lot of mobs and it may take time for the tank to grab aggro on everything so expect to get beat up a bit. A second example is the second room of Ost Elendil before you activate the Cargul boss. My preferred way to do this is pull everything in the room, including all the ghosts down the hallways at once. This adds up to quite a lot of mobs especially with the Angmarim chicks summoning ghosts of their own. Again, you need to be prepared to get beat up a bit until the tank gets aggro on everything and it's usually best to hold off heals for as long as you can. Still, both of these pulls can be a lot of fun and in the case of a Harmony stance minstrel adds up to a lot of healing and dps.

Citation Envoyé par DrnknElf Voir le message
    Harmony is the only thing I use when healing current 3 and 6 mans except when I'm in warspeech because a HoT or two are enough to easily keep everyone up. Using melody I'm usually standing around doing little or nothing or throwing out useless overheals to people who might have a couple hundred morale missing just so I have something to do. I will drop out of Harmony for Melody stance in cases where AoE damage would be a bad idea. I'm also doing this healing in 5r/2b. There's simply no reason for me to retrait as it's not needed.
    I just got my Mini to 85, and that's been my similar experience. Healing in Melody means you're just sitting around twiddling your thumbs unless you're doing Raid content with a hard-hitting boss. The only time I've used it is when doing Ost Elendil for the Challenge and it's no longer safe to use the Coda because AoEs are off the table when fighting the sisters. I'm typically in 4r/3b, and haven't had a problem keeping up with healing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000027003/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Règles de messages