Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 14 sur 14

Discussion: trapper of foes

trapper of foes

Howdy, I've been playing a trailer of foes build.
    Bleed arrow
    Swift bow
    Study traps
    Combat traps
    Strong intimidation
    Barbed hindrance
    Heightened senses

I've been told I'll meet be invited to raids.
    It seems slower but I've played a gambler burglar and I really like the cc of this build.

What do you think?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000031c70d/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

One thing about Hunter CC, usually when people invite a Hunter they'll expect him to DPS. Several yellow traits improve only the trap skill, which only roots and the rooted mob may still attack. Hunters do not have any stuns. Apart from the trap, you can also use a fear and a daze, but compared to Burglars and LMs and their wider arsenal of CCs, Hunter CC is sub-par IMHO. Better stick with DPS, be it in landscape or in instances, unless you're asked to trait for Explosive Arrow.
    Dernière modification par Mildford ; 08/06/2013 à 01h09.
    [COLOR="#669966"][center][size=1]Mildford - R9 Hunter • Support - R7 LM
    The Storm Crusaders • Gladden[/size][/center][/COLOR]

I think......you need to retrait.
    NeXus on Snowbourn: Currently recruiting raid ready and available characters.
    Blister: Lvl 65 Champion Blostor: Lvl 65 Hunter Ruthod: Lvl 65 Loremaster
    Trandir: Lvl 65 Runekeeper Handlebar: Lvl 65 Burg Blisty: Lvl 65 Minstrel
    Litter: Lvl 3? Warden Jedweird: Lvl 3? Captain

Citation Envoyé par Mildford Voir le message
    One thing about Hunter CC, usually when people invite a Hunter they'll expect him to DPS. Several yellow traits improve only the trap skill, which only roots and the rooted mob may still attack. Hunters do not have any stuns. Apart from the trap, you can also use a fear and a daze, but compared to Burglars and LMs and their wider arsenal of CCs, Hunter CC is sub-par IMHO. Better stick with DPS, be it in landscape or in instances, unless you're asked to trait for Explosive Arrow.
    Distracting Shot is a stun. I've never traited yellow, but I'm pretty sure you can make Distracting Shot a 30 second stun with a 30 second cooldown.

Also, a daze is a stun.
    Dernière modification par Cirgellon ; 08/06/2013 à 10h46.

Citation Envoyé par Cirgellon Voir le message
    Also, a daze is a stun.
    This is incorrect. Daze and stun are distinctly different. Stuns tend to be shorter duration and are not broken on damage. Dazes are longer duration and are broken on damage.

Citation Envoyé par Alcor Voir le message
    This is incorrect. Daze and stun are distinctly different. Stuns tend to be shorter duration and are not broken on damage. Dazes are longer duration and are broken on damage.
    There are many dazes in the game considered stuns such as the LM set or burg traited one. I wouldn't categorize them by what breaks from damage because that would be incorrect. You can have a mez stun or a mez daze I guess

Citation Envoyé par YesMaam Voir le message
    There are many dazes in the game considered stuns such as the LM set or burg traited one. I wouldn't categorize them by what breaks from damage because that would be incorrect. You can have a mez stun or a mez daze I guess
    My main is a level 85 LM. There are some effects that are stun followed by daze (bane flare for example). After any true stun effect, the mob will have a stun immunity effect for a short while. The same is not true with dazes. The longest stun I'm aware of is 6 (I think) seconds (the ents go to war) whereas the dazes are typically in the 30 sec range. All dazes I've seen break on damage after the first 2 sec while stuns do not break throughout their duration. Roots have a chance to break but rooted mobs can still attack if you are in range.

Citation Envoyé par Alcor Voir le message
    Well then I just don't know the terms. I always just ask them to stun, and consider everything a stun that stops enemies from doing anything. The point is the same though. In content where you need cc's, people look for 30 second dazes, not short stuns.

Citation Envoyé par Cirgellon Voir le message
    The point is the same though. In content where you need cc's, people look for 30 second dazes, not short stuns.
    what content? we've not needed CC in 6mans since RoI, SG needed little for intterupts or those ghosts but you could live.

even raids barely need CC. BG between boss one and boss two is probebly the only part you need to care, and since it's nurf we've had a captain dps traited tank it fine

hunter yellow is viable for a CC, but there is no need. a yellow hunter brings nothing else to the table, it's dps is less and it has very little debuffs. there is almost no point for yellow-hunter. the only time I'd advise useing it is if you want to solo multiple elites. in limlight gorge hunters could solo 4 trolls thx to yellow traits. it was slow but they could. outside of that, yellow trait warden was slightly viable in moria times when we needed CC. I even CC traited for DN once for lulz and did ok.
    Dernière modification par bohbashum ; 09/06/2013 à 10h52.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

I have been playing my hunter for years as my main. Lately out of boredom I decided to trait yellow line to make Wildamore more exciting and to give the mobs a better chance. I have to admit it was a lot of fun. It was fun chain CC'ing a mob while I took down 2 or 3 other mobs. Granted on my normal build I just nuke my way through everything but still for a chance of pace it is fun. Then I went to the moors to try my luck there. I was never a good 1v1 PvMP player and in reality I can only win if I get a drop on the creep. This was no different and the loss of DPS was painful. I joined a raid and then I became more useful. With the combat traps I was able to keep the dogs at bay or at least let me know when they were coming behind me. The distracting shot was useful from time to time. But again a hunter needs DPS.  In conclusion trapper of foes is fun for soloing or if you want to try something different. There is no landscape raid that I can see where trapper traited hunter would be needed.
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

There are only two times I have ever needed to trait yellow on my hunter. When I wanted to challenge myself by soloing multiple trolls in Limlight Gorge (or make killing one troll at a time really faceroll), and when we were without LMs or burgs one week when attempting t2 ToO wing clears. Traiting 5 deep in yellow for the capstone in these situations allows for hunter cc to be completely viable for the intended task. However, Limlight was a very short period of time where doing it was relevant (and since it was intended as group content soloing it was simply a personal choice), and in the case of t2 ToO if you have an LM or burg available they were always the better choice anyways because they brought more to the table as group benefits with debuffs as well as their cc, while maintaining dps comparable (if not better for good burgs) to a cc traited hunter; whereas my hunter contributed much better dps when geared for that role.

As well, there are really only 2 yellow traits that really give any good benefit in a cc role in most circumstances, the increased fear duration and the capstone. Meaning you need to trait 4 additional yellows that are pretty much just wasted traits just to use the capstone. I've never found traps to be terribly useful, particularly in raids and yet most of the yellow traits are focused on traps.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg

Looks like time to retire my hunter. I've tried other builds for the capstone and dislike them.
    Leaning on a hybrid with tapper traits.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000031c70d/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Just remember 4b/3r and 4r/3b are perfectly valid non-capstone builds; a moors hunter may often trait 5b/2y.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

I leveled up LI for the extra time for distracting shot and - resistance. I really tried to work out the ToF 5/+anytwo trait line. I personally found that the loss of dps far more gimped my class than the extra CC I gained. Again, this is my personal experience, I'm guessing other hunters could possibly do more with it.

On the other hand, for T1 raids, as long as you're still have plenty of agility/phys. mastery, your dps should be just fine imo even with a ToF build.
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

Règles de messages