Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 23 sur 23

Discussion: Kill Focus!

Kill Focus!

Focus is absolutely useless (except for trolling), so the devs should do us a favor and delete Focus from the captain class.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

I haven't used my brain in a while, let's remove that as well...

but serious, why would you want a skill removed that you don't need to use.
    I'd rather see it changed into something we CAN use, say a 5% tact mit...
    would be epic at BfE (since % DOES apply to capped chars )

Citation Envoyé par Almagnus1 Voir le message
    Focus is absolutely useless (except for trolling), so the devs should do us a favor and delete Focus from the captain class.
    Trolling is rather what you are doing here, no?

Anyway, given that they are going to trim some skills, it is an obvious candidate. It is a best of marginal use in the current game.. It could be improved (e.g. maybe outgoing healing would be a buff that could complement crits/parry), but it also could be axed.

Citation Envoyé par DelgonTheWise Voir le message
    Trolling is rather what you are doing here, no?
    Actually, no and.....

Citation Envoyé par DelgonTheWise Voir le message
    Anyway, given that they are going to trim some skills, it is an obvious candidate. It is a best of marginal use in the current game.. It could be improved (e.g. maybe outgoing healing would be a buff that could complement crits/parry), but it also could be axed.
    That's why.

Let's give this worthless buff the Old Yeller treatment.

what are you trying to say? i cant quite...
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Turning it into a +tac mit buff would be interesting, I think that would actually make the choice between the 3 buffs a little more situational.
    Boromil :Captain, Brandywine Server

I could get behind a +tac mit rating increase for Focus.
    I would not want a percent increase. Too overpowered, and On Guard would then become the new Focus. The point to changing Focus is to give us three worthwhile buffs, not change around which one is currently useless.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

what would replace it?

first i dont think we necessarily NEED 3 different buffs. Just like all classes really dont NEED 3 class traitlines (soon to be trees), but devs seem to think more is always better.

Well, crit supports dps, parry supports tanking, so the last buff could support healing. How about +outgoing healing rating?

Other ideas:
    -5% percieved threat
    +5% percieved threat
    -10% induction duration
    -5% attack duration

in the spirit of shaving skills... four summon skills? THERES GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!

"I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

To the developers: Please do not "kill focus" just because some people on this forum have found no use for it. I use this skill a lot when I solo small fellowship skirmishes (tier3) and without it I would have a very difficult time keeping my tank's power up. And if you ever decide to make content difficult again I will regularly start using it in groups again as well.

An extra 400 ICPR can have it's uses. Now if you want to add some new buffs to the mix, such as tactical mitigation buffs, out-going healing buffs that's great and I would happily support that. But please don't do it at the expense of our ICPR buff. Not all captains hate this

Citation Envoyé par SapienChavez Voir le message
    in the spirit of shaving skills... four summon skills? THERES GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!
    Yeah, might as well put the Victory herald on the chopping block, because it's about as effective in combat as....

That person is at pulling stuff from a cupboard.

Citation Envoyé par Jeremi Voir le message
    To the developers: Please do not "kill focus" just because some people on this forum have found no use for it. I use this skill a lot when I solo small fellowship skirmishes (tier3) and without it I would have a very difficult time keeping my tank's power up. And if you ever decide to make content difficult again I will regularly start using it in groups again as well.
    Tell your tank to stack some fate and ICPR - cause the problem here is how your tank's geared.

An extra 400 ICPR can have it's uses. Now if you want to add some new buffs to the mix, such as tactical mitigation buffs, out-going healing buffs that's great and I would happily support that. But please don't do it at the expense of our ICPR buff. Not all captains hate this
    The skill level of a captain is inversely proportional to how good they think focus is.

The skill level of a captain is inversely proportional to how good they think focus is.
    lol... w/e Almagnus.

I think you put way too much empahsis on this Focus buff. You are probably just trying to troll, but either way - if you don't like it don't use it. It's just a a single little tactical buff that some have found a use for and others have not. You are making a huge deal out of nothing.

Yeah, might as well put the Victory herald on the chopping block, because it's about as effective in combat as....

Tell your tank to stack some fate and ICPR - cause the problem here is how your tank's geared.

Focus is better than Victory, though you can combine them for a greater effect. And you need to re-read the post you are responding to... because my tank is my skirmish solider in the instance I am referring to lol He doesn't even have gear
    Dernière modification par Jeremi ; 23/05/2013 à 17h46.

I think you put way too much empahsis on this Focus buff. You are probably just trying to troll, but either way - if you don't like it don't use it. It's just a a single little tactical buff that some have found a use for and others have not. You are making a huge deal out of nothing.
    If we're going to be losing skills in the revamp, I want this to be one of the skills to go - especially since it's almost universally considered as garbage.

Focus is better than Victory, though you can combine them for a greater effect. And you need to re-read the post you are responding to... because my tank is my skirmish solider in the instance I am referring to lol He doesn't even have gear
    You say tank, I think an intelligent human. Skirmish soldiers are neither - I mean I've seen driveway gravel with higher intelligence than the skirmish soldiers.

So it's a buff that's only marginally useful for soloing?

Hooray. I'm totally overjoyed. Can you sense the enthusiasm?

PS: And if I was trolling (which I'm not) you just fed me =P

Citation Envoyé par mrfigglesworth Voir le message
    first i dont think we necessarily NEED 3 different buffs. Just like all classes really dont NEED 3 class traitlines (soon to be trees), but devs seem to think more is always better.

Well, crit supports dps, parry supports tanking, so the last buff could support healing. How about +outgoing healing rating?

Other ideas:
    -5% percieved threat
    +5% percieved threat
    -10% induction duration
    -5% attack duration
    Crit also supports heals, and pretty much all of these are available to us by other means. I think it would be awesome to incorporate some of these types of abilities through our buffing role without the use of a buff stick. If there is one thing that should be killed, it's the buff stick (without decreasing our effectiveness). Either that or give us Cappies an extra 1/2 bag for carrying all that extra &&&& around!

Maybe revamp all three buffs into a multiple buff each: one for DPS w/ Outgoing DMG/Crit - Decrease AD , one for Tanking w/ Parry/Evade - Crit Defense, and one for Healing w/ Outgoing/Crit - ICMR/Decrease Skill Cost. Add the seperate parts of the buff as you level, kind of like they did with BoE. And then do something different with our BB Skills, more benefit to Leveling/Solo Cappies and better for Group Content this way as well?
    Dernière modification par Steppenwulf ; 24/05/2013 à 00h45.

That person is at pulling stuff from a cupboard.
    yes.

sometimes life is just too difficult to deal with. like all those summoning skills i have to wade through. its just TOO MUCH to keep organized!

my humor is usually lost over here. but that will NEVER STOP ME! (i think you usually get it but you like to mess with me... which rules on an entirely new level. win-win!)

As far as skill pruning goes.... I think we have MORE than enough skills, and we might need to suck it up, and convert the XBros to stances so we can have more modal skills, to give our tanking, healing, and DPSing aspects more depth than what they have now.

yes.

sometimes life is just too difficult to deal with. like all those summoning skills i have to wade through. its just TOO MUCH to keep organized!

my humor is usually lost over here. but that will NEVER STOP ME! (i think you usually get it but you like to mess with me... which rules on an entirely new level. win-win!)
    I think you fragmented it, instead of read it straight.... was trying to use the picture quote and play off of it XD

DO OVER!

^that person is at pulling stuff from a cupboard.

If we're going to be losing skills in the revamp, I want this to be one of the skills to go - especially since it's almost universally considered as garbage.

You say tank, I think an intelligent human. Skirmish soldiers are neither - I mean I've seen driveway gravel with higher intelligence than the skirmish soldiers.

So it's a buff that's only marginally useful for soloing?

Hooray. I'm totally overjoyed. Can you sense the enthusiasm?

PS: And if I was trolling (which I'm not) you just fed me =P
    I often end up feeding trolls, so that is nothing new.

And I pointed out I was talking about my skirmish solder when soloing small fellow skirmishes on tier3, I didn't just say "tank". But essentially yes, these days that is mostly the only time I use it on a regular basis. But like I said earlier, that's not because the buff itself is bad, it's because things die so fast now that people don't need as much ICPR as they used to sustain frequent skill use. 400 ICPR in and of itself is not a bad buff. It's just not particularly needed much in today's environment. I used to use it a lot more back when the content was more difficult.

It's not considered garbage by me, so leave it alone ^^

If you want new buffs I'm fine with that, but there is no need to scrap our ICPR buff in the process. Our tactical buffs are a very small part of the Captain class anyway. I don't know why you have such an obsessive hatred for this buff. It's always baffled me, and still does.

And I pointed out I was talking about my skirmish solder when soloing small fellow skirmishes on tier3, I didn't just say "tank". But essentially yes, these days that is mostly the only time I use it on a regular basis. But like I said earlier, that's not because the buff itself is bad, it's because things die so fast now that people don't need as much ICPR as they used to sustain frequent skill use. 400 ICPR in and of itself is not a bad buff. It's just not particularly needed much in today's environment. I used to use it a lot more back when the content was more difficult.
    If you're running a protector (assuming that's what you're using) you can Blade Brothter him (if you're LtC) and restore a significantly larger amount of power than focus buff. Or if you're going HoH for the skirm with a protector, Song Brother should carry you through it, assuming that your healing build isn't complete garbage. Either way, you're doing something with the content that it's not intended to do, so it essentially tangential when talking about a buff that's relevent to GROUP play.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the only metric that matters for such a group-centric class as the captain is whether or not something is useful in group. Following that metric, we have enough tools that will give us so much better power restoration (Song Bro on Mini + FB, Blade Bro on DPS + FB, NfW + RC Spam) that needing a dedicated buff to it is no longer necessary. This is going to hold true no matter what the difficulty level of content, because even when a fight occurs where power does matter (like in the BG LT fight) ICPR is nerfed so horribly bad that Focus remains irrelevant.

It's not considered garbage by me, so leave it alone ^^
    And you aren't the majority of players.

Heck, from you have posted, I wouldn't even rank you among the GOOD players here.
    Dernière modification par Almagnus1 ; 25/05/2013 à 00h16.

Jeremi, I often avoid replying to your posts as it honestly seems like you want the attention of having a differing opinion as opposed to legitimately having a different opinion. I prefer to avoid conflict, at least here. However, I really need to speak up about this.

If the Focus buff is making the difference between you doing something successfully, and not, you are doing something wrong. You are one of a very, very small minority that finds Focus useful at endgame, and all of the problems that Focus is solving can easily be solved in other manners without giving up the useful crit or parry buffs.

Devs, this skill needs to be adjusted somehow. I don't know what the best way is. Personally I liked the tac mit rating one, and I've seen a couple other good ideas in here. Focus in its current state needs to go though.

Side note: Maley, you need to stop worrying so much about what Jeremi has to say. You used to post some good stuff but it's mostly antagonizing Jeremi nowadays (though admittedly, a lot of his opinions deserve it).
    Dernière modification par TinDragon ; 25/05/2013 à 19h48.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Citation Envoyé par TinDragon Voir le message
    Side note: Maley, you need to stop worrying so much about what Jeremi has to say. You used to post some good stuff but it's mostly antagonizing Jeremi nowadays (though admittedly, a lot of his opinions deserve it).
    Honestly, after having written so much stuff, and the captain largely being static since RoI, and nothing majorly changing coming down the line (at least not yet), there's only so much stuff I can think of that helps with the class before I start repeating myself.

The antagonizing of Jeremi (aside from challenging his outright bad advice) is more a side effect of bored with both LotRO and the class in general. Thanks to the sheer amount of time invested on LIs with the captain class - I'm strongly dissuaded from trying another class, so I tend to wander to the forums =/

Règles de messages