Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 1 sur 2 1 2 DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 1 à 25 sur 29

LOTRO Review - talkGEEK

The talkGEEK community have finished their review on this game. We will be revisiting the game after a few months for an update to see how things are progressing. We do not give scores, just relevant feed back for gamers and developers.

talkGEEK Review for The Lord of the Rings - http://www.talkgeek.net/reviews/lord...ings-online.6/

Wish the Devs all the best in the future and good luck.

Thanks for reading, have fun all :-)

Citation Envoyé par blueplain Voir le message
    The talkGEEK community have finished their review on this game. We will be revisiting the game after a few months for an update to see how things are progressing. We do not give scores, just relevant feed back for gamers and developers.

talkGEEK Review for The Lord of the Rings - http://www.talkgeek.net/reviews/lord...ings-online.6/

Wish the Devs all the best in the future and good luck.

Thanks for reading, have fun all :-)
    Whoever wrote this review could use a couple of english classes. As well as writing classes. That was seriously awful.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7803/rz50.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?508409-Scenic-Arda"]Scenic Arda[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532343-Scenic-Helm-s-Deep&p=7014227"]Scenic Helm's Deep[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519168-New-forum-skin-light-theme"]Forum Light Theme[/URL][/CENTER]

Citation Envoyé par Taravith Voir le message
    Whoever wrote this review could use a couple of english classes. As well as writing classes. That was seriously awful.
    I have dyslexia but I am working at improving my writting skills all the time. I feel that it is not as bad as you make out, perhaps looking for perfection?

Or at least start with a bit of proof reading, spellcheck and decent punctuation.

The "your/you're" thing is always cringe-worthy to me for some reason.

I couldn't take that review seriously as relevant feedback.

I'm not concerned about the english or after perfection but there are several inaccuracies in your review.

Citation Envoyé par ShadowPet Voir le message
    Or at least start with a bit of proof reading, spellcheck and decent punctuation.

The "your/you're" thing is always cringe-worthy to me for some reason.

I couldn't take that review seriously as relevant feedback.
    I will take your critisim on board and work at improving my writting skills. Thank you for your time.

Citation Envoyé par Maendae Voir le message
    I'm not concerned about the english or after perfection but there are several inaccuracies in your review.
    Reply to the review on this thread with mistakes I have made so I am able to improve the review.
    Dernière modification par blueplain ; 16/05/2013 à 09h08.

Reply to the review with mistakes I have made so I am able to improve the review.
    I'd rather not sign up to do that tbh

I'd rather not sign up to do that tbh
    I understand you can put the changes on this thread.

Reply to the review with mistakes I have made so I am able to improve the review.
    Is this a legitimate website? No offense but it's very unprofessional to have that many errors and to ask for readers to help you fix them.

Citation Envoyé par Defiant1 Voir le message
    Is this a legitimate website? No offense but it's very unprofessional to have that many errors and to ask for readers to help you fix them.
    My first review and as I care about the game I am making sure that my review represents it correctly. If I do not have feedback for my skills I would not be able to improve.

There's nothing wrong with having dyslexia, it says nothing about your ability to write something good, nor your intellect. But when you are aware you have it, and publish something on the internet without proof reading by someone who hasn't, then do not be surprised to be jumped by... The Spelling Brigaaaaaaade! Frankly I've spotted numerous spelling errors.

I'm sorry to say, but spelling errors will inevitably cause readers to be negatively biased towards your written piece. It goes so far that just a single spelling error in a resume is enough to be immediately rejected for that job you've just unsuccessfully applied for. Let alone multiple ones.

I don't mean to sound condescending, and I hope that if this is a lesson learned, it's not a lesson that'll keep you from writing in the future.

That said, that was one really elaborate review with lots of information and a proper summary. I haven't seen one of these in a while for LOTRO and I salute you for it.

Citation Envoyé par Rainothon Voir le message
    There's nothing wrong with having dyslexia, it says nothing about your ability to write something good, nor your intellect. But when you are aware you have it, and publish something on the internet without proof reading by someone who hasn't, then do not be surprised to be jumped by... The Spelling Brigaaaaaaade! Frankly I've spotted numerous spelling errors.

I'm sorry to say, but spelling errors will inevitably cause readers to be negatively biased towards your written piece. It goes so far that just a single spelling error in a resume is enough to be immediately rejected for that job you've just unsuccessfully applied for. Let alone multiple ones.

I don't mean to sound condescending, and I hope that if this is a lesson learned, it's not a lesson that'll keep you from writing in the future.

That said, that was one really elaborate review with lots of information and a proper summary. I haven't seen one of these in a while for LOTRO and I salute you for it.
    Thanks, I used a few proof reading programs but it appears that I need to use better softwere. In future I will ask my community to read through my reviews to help with the misteaks that may be present.
    Dernière modification par blueplain ; 16/05/2013 à 09h22.

I think you know your skills need work, that's fine, over time I'm sure you`ll improve.

What I disliked about it was that its written in a very negative way, you didn't have anything positive to say about it. yet you say you care about the game.

If I had read this review as someone who had never played the game I don't think Id bother trying it.
    [IMG]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii500/supermaco/2800703.png[/IMG]

Citation Envoyé par DaMac Voir le message
    I think you know your skills need work, that's fine, over time I'm sure you`ll improve.

What I disliked about it was that its written in a very negative way, you didn't have anything positive to say about it. yet you say you care about the game.

If I had read this review as someone who had never played the game I don't think Id bother trying it.
    I tried to have a neutral stance at the review and I feel there are plenty of postives for instance.

1. This game is well worth a play if you are a fan of the Tolkien universe
    2. The game looks and feels dated yet has an appealing quality
    3. The sky map is very nice and so is the foliage
    4. The developers have attempted to keep the looks up to date despite the restrictions they face.
    5. Realistic world environments with a wide range of graphical customization
    6. The story and history of the world is taken very seriously in this game and not only do they incorporate a true adaptation of the story but they do this with the greatest of care and attention to detail

A few to name the least

I have no problems with the language of the review; not everyone is born to be a great writer or an orator. It is a skill to possess.

Nor can I find inaccuracies in the points you make in general. Fair enough from your point of view. I take it as a compliment on the part of the game that it is engineered for the patient and well disciplined. And no offense to the game I really love but it does feel slow especially in the beginning when you are sent off to kill rats and bugs and wolves at best; not to mention the "youngster" Sarah Oakheart and her springy step In short: Fair enough.

But I am begging you; change the video you used and put something where you can actually see the game and not actors in a mini-movie.

Thank you for your review
    [URL="http://www.tinnster.blogspot.com"]www.tinnster.blogspot.com[/URL] for those who enjoy gaming, cinema, literature.

Citation Envoyé par Tinuvela Voir le message
    I have no problems with the language of the review; not everyone is born to be a great writer or an orator. It is a skill to possess.

Nor can I find inaccuracies in the points you make in general. Fair enough from your point of view. I take it as a compliment on the part of the game that it is engineered for the patient and well disciplined. And no offense to the game I really love but it does feel slow especially in the beginning when you are sent off to kill rats and bugs and wolves at best; not to mention the "youngster" Sarah Oakheart and her springy step In short: Fair enough.

But I am begging you; change the video you used and put something where you can actually see the game and not actors in a mini-movie.

Thank you for your review
    Thank you, I shall change the video

Sorry, I was referring to your summary. It sounds like you didn't enjoy the game but thought that the graphic were nice for an old engine. however I could point out many more things you write that is in a negative manor.

As for some of the info you give, alot of it seems to be irrelevant to anyone who has never played the game.
    [IMG]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii500/supermaco/2800703.png[/IMG]

Not having English as my native language, the spelling didn't really bug me as i am sure i make alot of mistakes myself.

But please it's Kinship not Kingship that one bugged me

Other than that, keep on writing
    Eldar: Amrodnir 85 HNT, Gimlikhad 85 RK, Gabiwith 85 Burg, Earendili 85 Champ
    Gilrain: Kimwyne lvl85 warden,Kimiriel 85 Minst, Kimlikhad 85 HNT
    Riddermark: Kimwyn 85 Guard

Citation Envoyé par DaMac Voir le message
    Sorry, I was referring to your summary. It sounds like you didn't enjoy the game but thought that the graphic were nice for an old engine. however I could point out many more things you write that is in a negative manor.

As for some of the info you give, alot of it seems to be irrelevant to anyone who has never played the game.
    I am sorry you feel that way. I felt I had created a clear picture of the audiance that was best suited for the game. I will however contemplate your opinion and work at my review skills.

Citation Envoyé par Amrodnir Voir le message
    Not having English as my native language, the spelling didn't really bug me as i am sure i make alot of mistakes myself.

But please it's Kinship not Kingship that one bugged me

Other than that, keep on writing
    haha yea I will change that now, thanks for the heads up

Thanks, I used a few proof reading programs but it appears that I need to use better softwere. In future I will ask my community to read view my reviews to help with the misteaks that may be present.
    I would recommend you really investigate the game before writing a review. Several things you discuss are just wrong, completely wrong, and it destroys any credibility you are looking for. If the reason is because English isn't your first language then I definitely recommend you get an English speaker in the game to help you out (see On Clans below). Here are a couple items just looking over the review:

On Dungeons in RoR: In these dungeons you can attain star lit crystals and tarnished crests. You use Tarnish crests to craft nice legendary weapons and a horse and you use star lit crystals to upgrade these legendarily. The legendarily can each be upgraded three times and increase the power of the weapons/horse to give you that edge. (A horse? Really? I can craft a horse? If you talk about crests you also have to include symbols since you are referencing the creation of legendary items.)

On Legendaries: Once your legendary reaches level 60 you then reforge it one last time. At this time you are able to name the weapon. (Unsure what you meant to say but you can name a legendary each time you reforge, and not just weapons but all legendaries. There is more but you need to find that out yourself.)

On Clan Functionality: The kingship's in LOTRO are quite simple. You are able to create ranks and add people to the kingship and does not evolve much from there. However you are able to own a kingship house in which the clan can meet and store all there wares. (Whoa! They did a kin upgrade and didn't tell us?!? A clan? If I get a kingship house is it a castle? And on the subject, if we have a kingship and a clan, are we Scottish?)

On Combat: Slow and lackluster. You need a lot of patients when leveling in this game. Not due to the time it takes to get to cap which has been reduced in the period of the games life but the combat can be slow to knock out the skills you cast. (Um, I don't know what you are fighting but I find combat very fast. You want to experience slow combat? Try playing EQ, now that's slow combat! Yes, this one is subjective, but it is general concensus.)

These are just a few of the many more that exist. I commend you for wanting to get out there and write, but you need to do research for something like this, not base your review on your feelings alone. Sorry if the replies seem brutal but you need to expect it:

1. You wrote a review on a game many folks are very passionate about.
    2. The review is full of glaring mistakes and false information that make it seem you haven't played or at least have not experienced the things you talk about. I assume you've played a bit and alot of the things you got wrong are common knowledge items.
    3. You posted the review on a site that portrays itself as an "expert" site, thus it seems you are looking to be counted as an authority on the game, its mechanics, audience, story and so on.
    4. You posted a review that is full of grammar and spelling mistakes. As stated, if English is not your main language you need to get with someone who speaks and writes it fluently and plays the games. Then you would know that we are in kins, not kingships, and the group is a kin, not a clan. Little word problems like that will destroy your credibility as a reviewer and a writer.

When you step off into that role of "I am now an authority" you need to expect the backlash. I am not saying to stop writing, far from it. Just research your material first, proofread and get others to proofread as well, and wear heavy armor when you release the review...
    Dernière modification par Tarmuar ; 16/05/2013 à 10h04. Motif: Am I the only one that can't use the Return key when I type a reply???
    [B]Crafting - Explorer - Tailor/Forestor/Prospector - 9s Across the Board[/B]

I have dyslexia but I am working at improving my writting skills all the time.
    Well that explains a lot of the awkwardness of the text.

However, knowing that you have issues with language and writing, you must realize that publishing works that are supposed to function as a precise and informative analysis and will be subject to public scrutiny might not be the best idea ever.

Once again, especially considering the issue of dyslexia, your efforts would be better served by training your writing skills in an environment where people can give you informed feedback that's more tailored to your specific needs. There are surely communities on the internet that are aimed at people with dyslexia and would be more helpful in what you're trying to achieve.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7803/rz50.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?508409-Scenic-Arda"]Scenic Arda[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532343-Scenic-Helm-s-Deep&p=7014227"]Scenic Helm's Deep[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519168-New-forum-skin-light-theme"]Forum Light Theme[/URL][/CENTER]

Sorry for the delay, my son is home from school ill today so I'm not very reliable...

Then you have the dungeons. Unfortunately with the release of the hobbit film the end game dungeons for Rohan are Hobbit themed dungeons and are for small groups of 3 rather then the larger dungeons that they have had on offer in previous end games. In these dungeons you can attain star lit crystals and tarnished crests. You use Tarnish crests to craft nice legendary weapons and a horse and you use star lit crystals to upgrade these legendarily. The legendarily can each be upgraded three times and increase the power of the weapons/horse to give you that edge.
    This gives the impression that the current end game is made up only of 3 mans. The most recent instance cluster is actually three 3-mans, one 6-man and three 12-man instances. I think it would also be worth mentioning the many instances that now scale to 85. I think this gives a vastly different picture of the current end game.

Regards loot mentioning that armour, jewellery and rare legendary quality class items drop in instances in addition to the starlits and 2nd age symbols you mentioned.

There were a couple of other things but I'd need to re-read to recall them. If my boy gives me chance I'll get back to you.

Sorry for the delay, my son is home from school ill today so I'm not very reliable...

This gives the impression that the current end game is made up only of 3 mans. The most recent instance cluster is actually three 3-mans, one 6-man and three 12-man instances. I think it would also be worth mentioning the many instances that now scale to 85. I think this gives a vastly different picture of the current end game.

Regards loot mentioning that armour, jewellery and rare legendary quality class items drop in instances in addition to the starlits and 2nd age symbols you mentioned.

There were a couple of other things but I'd need to re-read to recall them. If my boy gives me chance I'll get back to you.

Thank you, very good points to make, I shall make the alterations to be better informative. Also I hope you son gets well soon. My son has been ill also, perhaps there is something going around

Page 1 sur 2 1 2 DernièreDernière

Règles de messages