Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 19 sur 19

Need advice on Major legacy on a 1st age 2H.

Hey everyone, I recently made my 1st Age 2H hammer and while sorting legacies I came across a problem that I couldn’t ask any other captain. That problem is as follows

On my 2H weapon I have 3 major legacies;
    Telling Mark Damage
    Dev blow critical rating
    Pressing attack Critical rating

I like the second two as my main orientation is to make the weapon a largely DPS weapon however I’m stuck on the question of whether to take Telling Mark damage or Kick cool down reduction.

My kinnies looked at me in a no-brainer type way, more incoming damage on a DPS Legendary item is a must but thinking when it comes to Moors and PVE raids, surely the Kick cool down interrupt is certainly handy? I also added to the fact that in PVE raids, you most likely have another captain who has telling mark incoming damage and hence forth you can delegate the telling mark to him while you take revealing.

So give your opinions please, I’ll post an image of the weapon later too. I don’t mind changing it to your opinion. Thanks!

(Also, I know as a Captain using a 2H Hammer as a DPS weapon when Halberd and Sword have much favourable stats but I really don't like the look of them and the stat for me isn't something i'll loose sleep over)
    Dernière modification par Kheldaran ; 29/04/2013 à 08h35.

Interrupting in moors is pointless, since they can just do the induction again. Also the best you can get on kick is 30s cooldown, which is still realy &&&&.

I would suggest you put the kick cooldown legacy on a buff stick and swap to that when you want to do interrupts.

Citation Envoyé par Jousimies Voir le message
    Interrupting in moors is pointless, since they can just do the induction again. Also the best you can get on kick is 30s cooldown, which is still realy &&&&.
    I'd like to add that interrupting, as a captain, in PVE raid is pointless too, since we have champs/burgs for that.

Citation Envoyé par Nydhogg Voir le message
    I'd like to add that interrupting, as a captain, in PVE raid is pointless too, since we have champs/burgs for that.
    Yeah and healers can heal, and tanks can tank... I wouldn't suggest ignoring one of our abilities just because someone else can do it a little better. Most of the worst inductions in the game don't happen more often than 30s, so in spite of 'kick' being an absolutely terrible interrupt, it's still sufficient to get consistent interrupts off.

My suggestion is run SG, don't interrupt anything. See how often you get punted by LM's and Gorothul. In theory... you could've prevented all of those.

Anyway: I have a 1h and a 2h. The 2h is for serious dps and the 1h is for healing or tanking... I put kick cooldown on the 1h.

If you want kick cooldown, drop the crit rating legacy on pressing attack. The first attack on PA apparently can't crit, and if there are multiple mobs around to use PA on then you have double the chance of crit'ing anyway... Do not drop telling mark damage.

Also OP... Well done making a hammer, I have one myself, and it looks way cooler than a halberd.

Citation Envoyé par Kheldaran Voir le message
    Hey everyone, I recently made my 1st Age 2H hammer and while sorting legacies I came across a problem that I couldn’t ask any other captain. That problem is as follows

Telling Mark Damage
    Dev blow critical rating

I like the second two as my main orientation is to make the weapon a largely DPS weapon however I’m stuck on the question of whether to take Telling Mark damage or Kick cool down reduction.

My kinnies looked at me in a no-brainer type way, more incoming damage on a DPS Legendary item is a must but thinking when it comes to Moors and PVE raids, surely the Kick cool down interrupt is certainly handy? I also added to the fact that in PVE raids, you most likely have another captain who has telling mark incoming damage and hence forth you can delegate the telling mark to him while you take revealing.
    Since you have resources for a first age, why not add a crystal and get a 4th major? That said, kick seems like a weak option in a main weapon to me. It is pretty rare in any grouped situation that i'm anything other than an emergency back up interrupt, which the 1 minute cooldown works for just fine. But adding in PA targets is a huge win in moors and in many raiding situations (e.g. flight mob swarm)...

INot having telling is fine if you normally will have another captain and they won't make the same choice, as long as you do have a backup plan as the telling mark swamps any personal DPS you can add...

Citation Envoyé par DuneBug Voir le message
    Also OP... Well done making a hammer, I have one myself, and it looks way cooler than a halberd.
    Quoted from another great hammer wielding Captain! Heck my name (Tormjolnir) was inspired from the most awesome war hammer ever! Why in this day and age there are damage bonuses for weapon types over others is beyond me. Either make all weapons the same base damage or give me a slayer deed or something to give me 2% to great hammers. It's a shame to, because whoever designs the great hammers/hammers in this game should be given an art award. The great hammers and 1h hammers are the best looking weapons in the whole game!

For the OP forget the kick cool down legacy. It's not that is horrible, but more there are much better legacies to pick. Even if you get a remembrance crystal and add a 4th legacy I still wouldn't suggest using kick cool down. Add to arms duration alongside telling mark damage, pressing attack max targets and either pressing attack crit or devastating blow crit. As has been mentioned you can always add the kick cool down on a swap weapon if you find you really do need it.

Cheers,
    Jeremy
    Dernière modification par BigBack ; 29/04/2013 à 13h07.

Not sure how to add Images but here's the link for my 1st ager.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/9...shot00030u.jpg

Obviously no point's are spent/relic's added/Crystals (both lit and remembrance) at this moment. Want to Iron out the legacies first.

Feel free to suggest

In all cases, I would strongly urge you to use a Crystal of Remembrance and put Pressing Attack Targets on it. Your minors look good as is. Crit Passive is really nice.

If you macro:
    Put Kick Cooldown and To Arms on the macro weapon, you're golden.

If you don't macro:
    I would definitely pull Pressing Attack Critical and put To Arms on there. Kick can be useful, but it's really up to you on that one.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Citation Envoyé par Almagnus1 Voir le message
    In all cases, I would strongly urge you to use a Crystal of Remembrance and put Pressing Attack Targets on it. Your minors look good as is. Crit Passive is really nice.

If you macro:
    Put Kick Cooldown and To Arms on the macro weapon, you're golden.

If you don't macro:
    I would definitely pull Pressing Attack Critical and put To Arms on there. Kick can be useful, but it's really up to you on that one.
    I am not sold on Pressing attack critical if your crit is already near cap. Of course it you are not near cap then of course you should have it on there.

Citation Envoyé par Kheldaran Voir le message

Telling Mark Damage
    Dev blow critical rating

So give your opinions please, I’ll post an image of the weapon later too. I don’t mind changing it to your opinion. Thanks!

(Also, I know as a Captain using a 2H Hammer as a DPS weapon when Halberd and Sword have much favourable stats but I really don't like the look of them and the stat for me isn't something i'll loose sleep over)
    I would definitely get the Pressing Attack Max Target legacy on your weapon. It's our most powerful weapon legacy in my opinion.

Far as rather to choose between Telling Mark and Kick legacies - generally I find Telling Mark to be more useful, though there are situations where the kick legacy can be very helpful too. So I wouldn't consider either to be a bad choice.

Citation Envoyé par Qwyxzl Voir le message
    I am not sold on Pressing attack critical if your crit is already near cap. Of course it you are not near cap then of course you should have it on there.
    My opinion is that if you can cap your crit without PA/DB crit, it is a very reasonable choice to pick some different gear and/or relics with less crit and add the legacy. Note that you can then pick up other things, like tactical mit, that are very desirable in the moors.

Citation Envoyé par Qwyxzl Voir le message
    Agreed, but if the player is using a swap item with macros.... what other major legacies are worth putting in it's place?
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Trying to think it step by step:
    -1st major goes to PA max targets, our best weapon legacy.
    -2nd goes to TM damage- you can not build a major thinking that your fellowship will have a second captain, and this 2-h must help you solo as well
    -3rd major you get to choose between To arms, Kick and Melee skills power cost. To arms swapping once/min is a PITA, but Kick swapping is even worst because when you kick you are in a hurry and you kick twice per minute. Melee skills power costs is good but we are running out of Majors slots and a 2-h usually goes with LtC.
    I tend to favor To arms and use a crystal for melee skills power costs.
    If i macro kick, i tend to macro it coupled with Grave wound to speed up skill animation on grave wound.

Minors:
    Cutting Attack Bleed Damage- this is our main damaging legacy, as the bleed damage increase applies to both cutting attack bleed and grave wound bleed.
    Blade of Elendil Damage-our 2nd damaging legacy. Usually i favor the next legacy instead, but in a FA we have enough points to pick this one first.
    Finally we have a choice of a 3rd minor, i usually favor Defensive Strike Armour Buff, so i can run with almost capped physical mitigation even while running glass cannon, but a Might/Fate legacy or routing cry damage are also good.

Captains weapon are much easier to build than emblem, as the perfect "5 majors" weapon has a few issues:
    -Kick CD
    -PA max ragets
    -TM damage
    -To arms
    -Melee skills costs
    -CA damage
    -BoE damage

This 5 major weapon does not have armour buff nor RC damage and both legacies are used more often than Kick cooldown when doing DPS or soloing.

Call me nuts, but my first FA symbol went to a heal/tank weapon, as putting PA max targets at max rank was more interesting when going S&B while most 2-h Lis have PA at +4 targets because BoE damage is very expensive.

A true min/max would likely swap/macro both kick and to arms and build something like this:

Blade of Elendil Damage -- Minor
    Maximum targets for Pressing Attack -- Major
    Telling Mark Damage -- Major
    Melee Skill Power Cost -- Major
    Defensive Strike Armour Buff -- Minor
    Cutting Attack Bleed Damage -- Minor

This build has enough points left to put DPS on rank 3. And you have a free slot for a Stat legacy later if you get a Crystal of remembrance. Or you can go use this last slot for Routing cry damage like this.

I am resurrecting the thread because i realized that some of my ideas are bad after all.
    Major legacies:
    -Pa max targets
    -TM damage
    -??

I no longer advocate Melee skills power cost for a FA 2h.
    Not only because when in LtC we rarely run into power issues but also because Fate legacy replaces skills power costs with the advantage of not having to expend points in the process.

Minor legacies:
    -CA bleed damage- still best DPS legacy
    -DS armour buff- feel free to pick Might or Kick instead. Technically DS can go on a buffstick but its not something that you see often
    -BoE damage- 2nd best DPS legacy
    -Fate- ICPR + crit

Crystal legacy
    -choose between Kick or Might legacy.

I finally realized that people that macro to arms are likely correct. You only hit To arms once every minute, and hitting to arms is rarely an emergency. So i removed To arms from my idea. I am still uncomfortable with macroing kick, because kicks are emergencys, used twice per minute. For those that think that macroing kick is feasible there is always the option to use Might legacy instead.
    Final FA 2h build looks like this.

A few comments on why i don't like other legacies:
    -Melee power and Cry power> Fate legacy partially replaces ICPR and gives crit. Power not an issue while going 2h.
    -DB crit and PA crit> crit is capped for most players with access to a FA 2h
    -Rc damage- too little damage
    -Morale from MS, tactics buffs and Make haste- these belong in a buff stick.
    Dernière modification par Nascephor ; 02/07/2013 à 19h53. Motif: Forum eating my format and post becoming wall of doom

Citation Envoyé par Nascephor Voir le message
    I am ressurection the thread because i realized that some of my ideas are bad after all.Major legacies:-Pa max targets-TM damage-??I no longer advocate Melee skills power cost for a FA 2h. Not only because when in LtC we rarely run into power issues but also because Fate legacy replaces skills power costs with the advantage of not having to expend points in the process.Minor legacies:-CA bleed damage-DS armour buff-BoE damage-FateCrystal legacy-choose between kick or Might legacyI finally realized that people that macro to arms are likely correct. You only hit To arms once every minute, and hitting to arms is rarely an emergency. So i removed To arms from my idea. I am still uncomfortable with macroing kick, because kicks are emergencys, used twice per minute. For those that think that macroing kick is feasible there is always the option to use Might legacy instead. Final FA 2h build looks like this. [URL]http://lotrotools.mmorsel.com/lispender?li=1112&lg=l204:69;l 216:69;l220:69;l240:69;l244:65 ;l286:69;l020:63;bin:12;&x=1[URL]
    Yeah, if you're going to macro either Kick or To Arms I'd say To Arms is definitely a lot easier to manage. I personally havent bothered with To Kick cooldown at all because I so rarely find that I need it.

I do wonder why you would pick DS armor over Might legacy though, the extra armor is what, -2% or -3% inc physical damage? I wouldn't say it's of much use unless you're tank.

for a swap-stick, do you also need 10% Telling Mark on that? isnt it adjusted when you switch weps with the mark on a target?

i finally got a 1st age wep last night. 2hnd sword. I went with PA Targets, Telling Mark, To Arms, and PA Crit as my majors. i had so many points that i was actually able to put Tactics:RA on there too! im sure some would feel that a might leg or something else would serve better, but its some 80+ more crit rating for everyone in the group. i feel that eeks out the 500 tact/phy mastery, as i focus more on helping the group than myself. i dont crunch the numbers and coupld be wrong. my style.

IIRC, Telling Mark does drop to 5% if you take off your LI with the legacy. So if you really want to be optimal, you need an LI for when you're the Captain doing Telling Mark and an LI for when you aren't.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

My perfect group stick:

Majors:
    Telling Mark Damage
    Devastating Blow Critical Rating
    Pressing Attack Critical Rating
    Maximum Targets for Pressing Attack

Minors:
    Battle States and Response Duration
    Fate legacy

I macro for this when needed:

Majors:
    To Arms Duration