Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 5 sur 5

Coming back from a long hiatus, what to expect?

So I've been away for around 2 years, had a level 20 or 30 character (can't remember) before I quit due to all my friends leaving, but now that I have a coworker who plays this and got me back into the game, I figured I'd play on the same server as him.

So what should I expect? Should I resubscribe or should I play as a f2p account for now? Should I invest in Rohan right now or wait for my character to reach the content level first?

And lastly, I keep seeing posts about Firefoot "dying" in the kinships thread. Any truth to these words or are they just alarmists?

Either way, I'm glad to be back. I'll be facerolling content with my Warden to my heart's contentment for now.

Citation Envoyé par Egonomics Voir le message
    So I've been away for around 2 years, had a level 20 or 30 character (can't remember) before I quit due to all my friends leaving, but now that I have a coworker who plays this and got me back into the game, I figured I'd play on the same server as him.

So what should I expect? Should I resubscribe or should I play as a f2p account for now? Should I invest in Rohan right now or wait for my character to reach the content level first?

And lastly, I keep seeing posts about Firefoot "dying" in the kinships thread. Any truth to these words or are they just alarmists?

Either way, I'm glad to be back. I'll be facerolling content with my Warden to my heart's contentment for now.
    I am the same. I have been away for about 3 or so years. Really wanting to get back into it. Have an awesome Kinship that hooked me up. Loving it so far...but so much has changed. Anyone who can give a good run-down on what to focus on for levelling and what are must haves from the LOTRO shop would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

I would wait on buying expansions/quest packs until your level is high enough for em. Lots of things have changed, ask questions, lots of nice people will help, and ignore the ones who troll ya.

If the last time you played was pre-F2P then you are obviously a premium member at a minimum and likely have purchased at least one of the expansions Moria or Mirkwood after the original SoA. If you are starting over with new characters I'd buy at least a VIP membership for 1-3 months so you get the privileges that comes with that - horse riding (lvl20) and less restrictions on everything from chat to money. If you're picking up from some old characters then it's a matter of your $ and expectations. There is nothing you MUST buy from the store to play the game into Rohan. I wouldn't buy something for the future unless its on sale and you know its a must have.

The biggest consideration is Quest Packs versus VIP and how fast/easy you want to level. As VIP you 'rent' the regions, with a QP you 'own' the region, spend wisely. The main objective under lvl 50 is still to get into and through Moria where you start with the legendary gear. You can start Moria as low as lvl 45 with the Epic Quest line, if you've got good gear - although Moria below lvl 50 isn't easy. I did the epic quest line early at lvl 46ish, got my legendary gear then continued to fight in Eregion for awhile till lvl 48. After Moria you can go at least two routes towards lvl 65 - one through Mirkwood or a little more grinding through Lothrien and Endewaith will still get you there. Then Dunland/Isengard and Galtrev will be your home from 65-70ish. From there into Great River and on to Rohan. I haven't mentioned skirmishes, instances or raiding but if your into groups that's where you'll find plenty of good loot and challenge.

One major change has been reputation, it was always handy and allowed you to get special gear, now it is essential to gain travel routes, quests and better gear. In Moria you need to have kindred with the Guards to receive your final Legendary Class skill. Make good use of task boards to pick up rep. Also make sure you do the Epic quest line since it's free throughout and it gives the best loot overall. Check with lotrowiki frequently to make sure you're not missing quest lines that you'll want or other gear.

With the Store, other than a few 'remove relics' scrolls from time to time, the only item I've found very helpful is Shared Storage. An additional Milestone tie is nice for some classes, but with hunters and wardens not needed. Many things are quite helpful at the store, none are what I consider essential other than buying Quest Packs or removing restrictions such as gold cap, crafting guilds, etc. A fast reliable horse is always nice, if you don't want to bother with a rep horse then a 168speed/250morale steed at the store is another choice. However at the last festival you could pick up a horse with 162speed/200morale with little effort and no cost.

Lastly, as a VIP now you will level considerably faster than you did 2-3 years ago. With no restrictions, all quests and rest xp it's only your play time that will hold you back. Now people complain they level to fast, that wasn't a problem 2-3 years ago.

thanks

Thanks Maxwulf for the info. everything you wrote was very helpful. i recently came back to this game and now i'm back for good. ditching all othe mmos to play LOTR forever in fact i delected every other game on my computer is it possible to get an invite to your kindship? my name ingame is Deeboman

Règles de messages