Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Page 329 sur 332 PremièrePremière ... 229 279 319 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 8 201 à 8 225 sur 8288
    Citation Envoyé par Stubbins Voir le message
    I hope the OP can spell better these days!
    The OP is an unofficial Brandywine legend and he/she probably only played for a month.

Citation Envoyé par Jeffor Voir le message
    The OP is an unofficial Brandywine legend and he/she probably only played for a month.
    I have no idea who the OP was, but there was only 1 true Brandywine legend: Direlegend.

Citation Envoyé par site400 Voir le message
    I have no idea who the OP was, but there was only 1 true Brandywine legend: Direlegend.
    Yes Dire's legendary status is certainly sealed (and quite legendary) but Doberman357 is right up there with him in my book.

Citation Envoyé par Jeffor Voir le message
    Yes Dire's legendary status is certainly sealed (and quite legendary) but Doberman357 is right up there with him in my book.
    Haven't seen Dire lately... might consider that a good thing.

Hiding behind the computer screen to shield myself from the real world
    Just checking in.

Wish I was 14 and it was 2007 again.

Such great memories this game gave me...

Citation Envoyé par Mooseville Voir le message
    Just checking in.

You'll be delighted to hear that suiciding on a champ has been made easier!!!

Citation Envoyé par MikeRM2 Voir le message
    Haven't seen Dire lately... might consider that a good thing.
    He was in GLFF within the last few weeks I am pretty sure. Or someone just accused someone of being Dire which happens from time to time lol.

Citation Envoyé par Mooseville Voir le message
    Just checking in.

Hiya, Mooseville. I will always remember your dedication in obtaining a zero rating on your freep. Very funny.

Is the overpopulation part of the reason why creeps are getting 1-shotted in Gramsfoot? Server lag causing npcs to act weird...

Citation Envoyé par HinderSpam Voir le message
    Is the overpopulation part of the reason why creeps are getting 1-shotted in Gramsfoot? Server lag causing npcs to act weird...
    You must buy your safety with chicken nuggets and orange drink. They will never attack you again if you do this.
    “Child of the kindly West, I have come to know, if more of us valued your ways - food and cheer above hoarded gold - it would be a merrier world. But sad or merry, I must leave it now. Farewell.”
    Thorin Oakenshield

Citation Envoyé par FCRoosterQ Voir le message
    You must buy your safety with chicken nuggets and orange drink. They will never attack you again if you do this.
    This is sound advice.

So after being away for a couple of years, I decided to come back to LotRO.

Trouble was, I had absolutely no idea which server I played on. Two years is a long time.

So I wandered by the Forums and looked at the server list and started from the top, on the off-chance that something in the Forums would jog my memory.

This thread was around back then, and I followed it like the proverbial bread crumb....home to Brandywine.

See you good folks in game soon. I'll be the capped >insert class here< that is having to re-learn the entire game.

Citation Envoyé par Lord_Mond Voir le message
    So after being away for a couple of years, I decided to come back to LotRO.

Trouble was, I had absolutely no idea which server I played on. Two years is a long time.

So I wandered by the Forums and looked at the server list and started from the top, on the off-chance that something in the Forums would jog my memory.

This thread was around back then, and I followed it like the proverbial bread crumb....home to Brandywine.

See you good folks in game soon. I'll be the capped >insert class here< that is having to re-learn the entire game.
    Welcome back to Brandywine! Glad you were able to find your way back home.

I does appreciate the welcome.

I spent about an hour playing last night. Discovered that I had lost my house, as expected (no TARP program? WTH???). Have no idea where my characters are logged out (though I see the place names, I can't remember where those place names are). It doesn't appear that I have lost any items, though I did receive a warning that some items had been removed from the game during my hiatus and that those would be removed. Since I don't remember then, I won't miss them, right? Some of my characters have personal mounts and some do not (remember the quest to get your horse? first time I successfully completed it I really got a sense of accomplishment for doing so...it wasn't easy), and I've got to re-learn the Express Horse Routes. Heck, I think I'll spend some time in starter areas until I remember what all those spells and abilities do before I take on anything that might prove a challenge....and I get to do that seven times (hooray for full character slots!). I had no idea the level cap had been raised, so I have a bunch of level 40-60 for which the grind will begin anew.

But I think the biggest blow was that my Kinship, which was pretty large and very active, seems now to have a roster of people who have not been on in some time- occasionally, longer than my hiatus. It looks like I might be searching for a new Kinship that will be, I hope, tolerant of players who've been away for a while and will help to re-acquaint me with the game that I enjoyed so much.

The more things change....the more things change.

I does appreciate the welcome.

I spent about an hour playing last night. Discovered that I had lost my house, as expected (no TARP program? WTH???). Have no idea where my characters are logged out (though I see the place names, I can't remember where those place names are). It doesn't appear that I have lost any items, though I did receive a warning that some items had been removed from the game during my hiatus and that those would be removed. Since I don't remember then, I won't miss them, right? Some of my characters have personal mounts and some do not (remember the quest to get your horse? first time I successfully completed it I really got a sense of accomplishment for doing so...it wasn't easy), and I've got to re-learn the Express Horse Routes. Heck, I think I'll spend some time in starter areas until I remember what all those spells and abilities do before I take on anything that might prove a challenge....and I get to do that seven times (hooray for full character slots!). I had no idea the level cap had been raised, so I have a bunch of level 40-60 for which the grind will begin anew.

But I think the biggest blow was that my Kinship, which was pretty large and very active, seems now to have a roster of people who have not been on in some time- occasionally, longer than my hiatus. It looks like I might be searching for a new Kinship that will be, I hope, tolerant of players who've been away for a while and will help to re-acquaint me with the game that I enjoyed so much.

The more things change....the more things change.
    It sounds like you've been away for a while then. If you have any questions feel free to post them or you can hit me up in game. If I am available I have no problem answering questions (providing that I know the answer of course ). Sorry about your kinship. The fact that we are in the last month before another level-cap raise has also led many people to take a break from the game which doesn't help. Hope you are having fun though.

I >think< the counter said that I had been away for a shade over four years, so yeah I'm thinking that my (re)learning curve is likely to be fairly steep.

One thing that I noticed right away is that, for a high population server, players sure are scarce, at least in the places that my characters find themselves. Where does one go to level these days (I have characters from level 22 to 60)? Instances? Or somewhere else? I know that I can solo my way to cap, but that is slow and tends to be boring, especially if you're a social-type player like myself.

I >think< the counter said that I had been away for a shade over four years, so yeah I'm thinking that my (re)learning curve is likely to be fairly steep.

One thing that I noticed right away is that, for a high population server, players sure are scarce, at least in the places that my characters find themselves. Where does one go to level these days (I have characters from level 22 to 60)? Instances? Or somewhere else? I know that I can solo my way to cap, but that is slow and tends to be boring, especially if you're a social-type player like myself.
    I think this might be a "world-wide" issue. I'm a founder and haven't played in 2-3 years. I'm actually on Silverlode and couldn't believe how "empty" it was. I was in Bree and hardly saw anyone. So, I thought maybe people are in the higher levels, so I took my level 70 to RoR area and there were 7 (yes, SEVEN) people in the area (including me). Never saw another person the 3 hours I was riding around unlocking stable routes. I told my wife, "I have an MMO all to myself." I only came to this Brandywine forum because I remember that it was the most populated server back-in-the-day. Guess that has changed now too.

That's quite a brea! Well, of the low level zones, Bree-land is the only one that seems to be crowded. There is a good XP buff (if you like that sort of thing ) right now so many people might be doing what I am doing and leveling an alt which could put people anywhere really. Level cap players will most likely be in Rohan. You might want to /joinchannel glff. That channel can be annoying but you do see players of various levels organizing stuff. I have it on for all of my characters personally.

Jeffor-

Thanks for the suggestion for the /glff channel. I'll be adding that to my chat windows ASAP.

I do get it: with few, if any exceptions (I imagine WoW might be once such exception), all games reach a point in their lives where server populations begin to thin out, as other games come along to tempt the player base (I've certainly been down that road a time of four myself). I began playing EQ within a year of its roll out. After playing for maybe 18 months, I moved on to other endeavors. I came back for a while between other games and found most of the servers nearly deserted, new player areas empty and the game become almost a complete solo-fest. If you needed a group to hunt or to complete a quest, unless you had friends on that server, you were essentially out of luck. I ran into the same thing with DAoC (loved, Loved, LOVED that game and have high hopes for Camelot Unchained when it comes out). If anything, LotRO is more active than either of those two games were the second time I played, so I guess there is hope, right?

I am certainly taking advantage of the bonus XP offer. My characters range from level 22 to level 60, so I have a fairly wide range of alts for grouping purposes. Now all I have to do is re-learn what each and every one of those icons on each and every one of those hotbars does.....

Jeffor-

Thanks for the suggestion for the /glff channel. I'll be adding that to my chat windows ASAP.

I do get it: with few, if any exceptions (I imagine WoW might be once such exception), all games reach a point in their lives where server populations begin to thin out, as other games come along to tempt the player base (I've certainly been down that road a time of four myself). I began playing EQ within a year of its roll out. After playing for maybe 18 months, I moved on to other endeavors. I came back for a while between other games and found most of the servers nearly deserted, new player areas empty and the game become almost a complete solo-fest. If you needed a group to hunt or to complete a quest, unless you had friends on that server, you were essentially out of luck. I ran into the same thing with DAoC (loved, Loved, LOVED that game and have high hopes for Camelot Unchained when it comes out). If anything, LotRO is more active than either of those two games were the second time I played, so I guess there is hope, right?

I am certainly taking advantage of the bonus XP offer. My characters range from level 22 to level 60, so I have a fairly wide range of alts for grouping purposes. Now all I have to do is re-learn what each and every one of those icons on each and every one of those hotbars does.....
    You aided by the fact that Brandywine has one of the largest populations. I can't speak of other servers but Brandywine is quite bustling. Sepaking of hot-bars you have more than one set of hotbars now. If you look to the right of the main hotbar you will see a clicky that lets you cycle through different set-ups. One is for mounted combat and the other ends up being a spare of sorts. It's great for hunter travel skills and stuff you don't need in a pinch. Good luck and have fun. Feel free to post if you have any questions.

Holding down the fort by yourself Jeffor? Or are there any other old popul riders still around? Any fire in the old server rivalries left to fan the flames of? Do we still lack a proper fitted chest piece for toids? Is there an oeverepopuleatieon left to draw into our madness!?

Basically... how's things?

:]SB
    [I][COLOR="DarkOrange"]"We are all in it together."[/COLOR][/I]
    smilingbandit:[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UWQOWN4SRU"]strikesagain[/URL]/ha/ha/ha
    Council of Eriador - Burglar - Brandywine

Citation Envoyé par Smiling_Bandit Voir le message
    Holding down the fort by yourself Jeffor? Or are there any other old popul riders still around? Any fire in the old server rivalries left to fan the flames of? Do we still lack a proper fitted chest piece for toids? Is there an oeverepopuleatieon left to draw into our madness!?

Basically... how's things?

:]SB
    Hiya, Smiling Bandit. I am not holding down the fort completely by myself but I think I am one of the last regular forumites. I do still talk to Toidy from time to time; however, I am not sure if she ever got that perfectly fitting chest piece yet. Yes there will always be overpopuleation on Brandywine. That fact cannot be denied!

How have you been?

Hey Jeffor, it makes me happy to see that you're still around making the populs proud I heard that Nidor finally got some kind of memorial, which led me to thinking about LOTRO. We all had some good times on this thread, and it's nice to see it has yet to fall from Brandywine's front page. How have all of ya nutcases been?

Citation Envoyé par Spikyc Voir le message
    Hey Jeffor, it makes me happy to see that you're still around making the populs proud I heard that Nidor finally got some kind of memorial, which led me to thinking about LOTRO. We all had some good times on this thread, and it's nice to see it has yet to fall from Brandywine's front page. How have all of ya nutcases been?
    Spiky, nice to hear from you! Yes I am still here and I still were my "Son of Populs" title with pride. There is a nice little memorial on Nidor's old rock. You will have to see it. Are you going to check out Helms Deep or are you just popping by for a visit?

I usually play on Riddermark, However, I started making characters on Brandywine this week for two reasons. 1) several of my kinmates play here some and server population seems much better. I started on Riddermark after free to play went live. But server isn't really the same anymore and I find about half my toons aren't very fun to play. So, Trying for a new start. Already planned out my toons, classes, and Vocations. It is hard to completely abandon the old characters, but I don't really feel like starting those toons all over from scratch.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000cba73/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 329 sur 332 PremièrePremière ... 229 279 319 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 DernièreDernière

Règles de messages