i like the changes u put in, maybe turbine can go back to whoever gets the kill+ in groups will get points, this will demote the notion of zergs!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hau7-JFysJI
I will post once, and once only on this forum.
First, I want to commend Dzumrat and Allosbor. As someone who was getting demolished by Boshal when these new weekend warriors were still running in circles around Harwick on a mop for their Hytbold gear, I recognize value of someone who plays over a length of time versus someone who is trying to rank up in 14 days time. Allosbor has played so long in the pvp area that he often tells people 'do not take this outpost, or this keep, etc.' and he even sparred other freeps in South Bree during the audacity bug. He always invites me and anyone who needs a place and he's not concerned with dying, which I can't emphasize enough. Dzumrat also spreads players out equally so they can get points and he lets anyone play, even if others think he's a spy, even if they don't have voice on and are at Grimwood just picking up lumber. He would rather disband then yell at anyone. I want to hold these two up as the model of how to play. When they see a lower rank, they leave him! You know, age plays a part in one's character...at least I have found. Maybe it's something about British gentlemen. But's that's enough butkissing for now.
I was invited into a tribe and allowed to play on day 1 of entering pvp from creepside. There are no EGOS, no renown tomes, no infighting, and people USE THE OOC! And the guys who play regularly use teamspeak and they never make fun of me. When I first hit 85 and joined freep raids and pve people were just trash. The egos are a nightmare, but I think both creep and freep understand freep egos. I think it's something to do with the fact that Creeps already look like #### Not really that much vanity; you're less likely to see a creep with a long rank and name and title because they don't really mean anything. But again, the patience is amazing, and we all seem to be on the same page. For instance, I was telling roots in teamspeak last night that we have severe logistical problems with creeps because for many, there was simply no training ground for them. And many don't want to act like mindless robots, so are very difficult to control. PvE'ers of the Free Peoples will have drilled constantly to reach 95, ground virtues (yeah I know some buy them...), executed moves hundreds of times to achieve class deeds, and simply possess everything they need right out of the bat. For me in PVP, I can just go out no audacity and kill 3 creeps at a time on Guardian, as I have done. I remember the dark days of trying bfe in hytbold gear, and I think survivability is a joke now, to where I can go afk anywhere in the moors and come back in a reasonable amount of time to find myself still alive!
I saw a similar post from roots from a bit back that says the same thing about the need for creep organization and teaching, but this is a tremendous task. For instance, this night I assembled a group after being in a stumach churning zerg group of 12 v4 (joined creep) and we had 6 with voice off, 5 with no idea of rat, 7 with no audacity (1), 1 pessimistic nostradamous-like prophet dictating our end, and most importantly only one healer. How am I, a rank 5 defiler armed with hots, supposed to protect those poor devils from burst dps that will do (at some points) a hundred times their morale in dps when combined...Let's say a lm or burg stuns me, or i'm feared, or I chase wargs one way and lose 5 somewhere else...I feel like a doctor in the er sometimes.
I propose 5 points. And 5 points only.
1. There is a designated time 4 times in 24 hours when for 1 hour there is a cease fire so lower ranks can do their dailies. (Or an alternative where blue rank and higher are not allowed in the moors at that time.)
2. If a red rank is more than one level below you, you do not get any points whatsoever under any condition even if you tag them and they are hit by one shotters.
3. Commendations no longer work across lines, that is to say, you make comms on a warg, you can spend them on your creeps but not freeps, as it is an abuse of the mechanic in the same way rank farming is. You are inflating your character's ability artificially
4. Physical Mastery is capped just like crit. This will stop the coincidental map flip whenever one side gets wiped.
5. Finally, an infamy/renown cap per day. I am seeing so many people my rank who just started 7 days ago, it's kind of enraging. But some people are just clubbers, if you get above a certain amount per day. The server is pretty limited on the amount of people in pvp. (Maybe place a vendor for keys on creep side and upgrade chests on freep side so we can cash out renown for rare rewards).
Now ofcourse this is a naive fool's errand, because not only are the developers unlikely to ever update this map (to let's say Gondor, with Cair Andros, Osgiliath, Minas Ithil, etc.) or hell, even update Guardian trader to 95 armor for trade ins...but I doubt I'm the first person to recommend changes, and sadly I will not be the last. Now do not confuse this post with flaming qqing etc. but I have friends who play creep because no one will take them or let them join in on freep and that's just wrong. The purpose of my post is to remind (myself at least) that this is just a game, and to thank Dzumrat and Leischo for their kindness. It was more fun than any godmode pve raid or group instance i've done on freep side and it reminds me of the challenge of tanking in the days of Meakoda (to whom I dedicate my successful flight t2c completion). But as an aside, watch the video I linked. I want you to take note of several factors.
1. A fourth of his screen is dedicated to watching his renown progess and see how long his renown tome had left before it ran out.
2. That he is recording AT GRAMS which should be a freep's worst nightmare of where to stand.
3. The ranks of all the freeps we see versus the no rank who is being farmed.
4. I'm not gonna accuse anyone of anything, but you should not still be executing moves when someone pulls out of your encirclement...
That warleader echoed the newer ranks that ran into the renown harvesters waiting at the foot of grams. They just want to play but have no idea of the inequality. I don't want to ruin someone's first time by watching them get harvested while I have knowledge that can help them.
Now trolls I hope I have given you enough to requote and tear me to shreds I will not visit this page again, completely finished. But that video is sickening, and truly hope more people make captains and burglars so they are stuck with virtual titles and useless characters when classes are rebalanced and creeps are buffed. See what your yellow cappy and renown tome do for you then (And burglars don't think that coupe de grace will save your squishy butt when Boshal returns with enough fell wrought damage to one shot you; macro if you can...you're gonna need it.) Nah i'm kidding but seriously put "it's a game" on the loading screen into pvp zone. Finally to Leischo, may you drill those poor ######## into the fittest army Withy has ever seen. While freeps are getting soft with their godmode zergs, we shall teach these creeps the meaning of PAIN! Merry Christmas withy!
And those on the vid (except maaba <3) try to get some challenge, is more fun
@nan <3 best post in last 30-40 pages